Havenites Dabang

On 4/25/2021 at 2:22 AM, mademoiselle said:

Ah that's right. I was thinking of Black Mirror but couldn't remember the name. I heard about it but hadn't seen the show coz people tells me it's disturbing.

It is so disturbing! I have to say I only watched a handful of episodes because a friend made me, but episode 1 was the worst. It involves a really disgusting incident which has scarred me for life. I would suggest to anyone who wants to torture themselves to watch that show to skip the first episode :SquirtlePuke:

I don't remember ever not crying for any dog movies I've watched. Yeah you should totally give The Tale of Mari & Her 3 Puppies a go.

Yeah I think if I had watched more dog movies, I might actually have cried in more films/ dramas. Haha, I would watch Marie and Her Puppies, but then I would have cried in 6 movies :laugh:

:shocked: Ohmagod, not you too! LOL. I mostly avoid extremely melodramatic / exaggerating ones, makjang and cheating plots (e.g. Penthouse, VIP, World of the Married). The rest I leave it open-minded & depending on how I feel about it.

Hahaha, I'm sorry! I just like making lists :smile::laugh:

I think these are more patterns that I've noticed about the dramas I've picked to watch over the years rather than a strict list of criteria. There are times I try something (eg. Sageuk) and it's ok, I don't mind it. But most of the time, I know these things subconsciously shape what I pick.

On 4/25/2021 at 2:27 AM, Dhakra said:

Well, many points are similiar to mine. I don't know much about scripts and I don't think I tend to avoid any actors/actresses.  

I forgot pacing on my list. That's really something that kills me in both directions. When the OTP already kisses in the first two episodes I am already out, same goes if they drag the story endlessly and don't get to the point. 

Haha maybe we are just twins in what we dislike :lenny: Pacing is so important! I think drag and filler events in plots really let down a lot of good dramas. If the writers had paced the events more evenly, they wouldn't need to have fillers? :thinking:

On 4/25/2021 at 2:27 AM, Dhakra said:

I think here do we start to differ quite a bit. So we are actually different. :pandahehe:

I think I will make a similiar list of things that drag me into a drama, but I will wait until the suns sets for this. 

Hahaha...well that's good. I was beginning to wonder if I was Edward Norton or Brad Pitt if I was having Fight Club hallucinations :GrowDerp:

On 4/25/2021 at 10:39 AM, mademoiselle said:

I have wanted to play something like name the dramas you can think of that falls under what's been described. I thought it'd be fun :laugh: Feel free to play along guys~

Oooooh This is really cool! Thanks for making something fun out of my lists @mademoiselle! Actually this is a good list of dramas for me to avoid and try respectively :laugh: I really enjoy reading through them...you have such an extensive list of shows you've seen.

I forgot also to add that I don't like medical dramas also :idk: 

On 4/25/2021 at 11:13 AM, Tofu said:

Sometimes, even though the drama clearly is a train wreck (ahem Oh! Master), I keep watching because I've committed too much time to it already, I want to see it to the end.

This was weirdly me and Abyss . It was sooooo bad. But I watched the whole thing! :idk:

On 4/25/2021 at 1:51 PM, Jane said:

I prefer low-key, light and pleasant romantic comedies. For me, work is already challenging enough, I don't want to work too hard when I watch dramas. :laugh:

These are perfect for relaxing :wow: I like them too. Depends on mood and situations though. Romance issues in real life are putting me off Rom coms at the moment. I'm preferring violence and revenge in the form of Taxi Driver :laugh::lol:

On 4/25/2021 at 9:12 PM, Chocolate said:

Mine is quite simple.

No melodrama

No slice of life

No romance dramas (except those with Hyun Bin)

No dramas that teach me anything 🤣

I LOVE Secret Garden! But granted, change the actor and I may not.

Basically nothing without Hyun Bin :smile:

On 4/25/2021 at 10:26 PM, Dhakra said:

I actually loved your list of adding dramas to each point. Let's me know which dramas I need to avoid. But know I am really also interested in the opposite way. I will do my list I like in a bit.  

Yes! I totally agree this was a smart idea :heart: 

On 4/26/2021 at 12:01 AM, Dhakra said:

That's the flaw of a lot of dramas though. There are barely any dramas that will totally surprise you at the end. And the ones who do, they do something so crazy, that you wished the ending were the predicatable one. 

On 4/26/2021 at 12:24 AM, mademoiselle said:

Most of it got better now that they are not under time constraint and then there are some with the writers smoking crack even when they have plenty of time LOL.

Hahaha, ah the irony. And you're so right. This applies to my dear Dodosolsolalasol. I don't normally care for weddings, but why didn't they just give them a wedding :letalQQ: That writer had such a decent script...and then they went on crack.

On 4/26/2021 at 12:01 AM, Dhakra said:

For some reason I actually haven't watched a single korean movie so far. I don't know why, but I never had an interest in it. 

Whaaaaaaaaat??? :shocked2: There are so many great films out there. Parasite. Minari. Man from Nowhere. Burning. Baseball Girl. I Can Speak. Miss Granny ....I think I've listed some of my favourites from different genres. If you ever change your mind, there you go.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

2 hours ago, JenL said:

Haha maybe we are just twins in what we dislike :lenny: Pacing is so important! I think drag and filler events in plots really let down a lot of good dramas. If the writers had paced the events more evenly, they wouldn't need to have fillers? 

Pacing is probably after plot the second most important thing. Filler episodes are the worst. Or forced breakups during the last or second to last episodes. 

2 hours ago, JenL said:

That writer had such a decent script...and then they went on crack.

Sounds like every second drama I watched :laugh:

2 hours ago, JenL said:

.I think I've listed some of my favourites from different genres. If you ever change your mind, there you go.

Oh waiiiit, I DID watch ONE korean movie.....from 2003, action-thriller called "Oldboy". Movie was.....okay.....but kinda disturbing and crazy. So probably that's why I sticked with dramas. 

• Like 6
On 4/26/2021 at 7:55 AM, Dhakra said:

teMDo you remember Strongest Deliveryman? I noticed it was missing from my list and I remembered the CUTE 2nd lead there. I noticed it was from 2017! Time passes so fast!

Yes . I liked SDM. The 2nd OTP romance was more fun . The actress Go Won Hee got a good break from there . I watched a few of her shows after that but the plots are hit & miss . Sad to say 

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

Damm....I know some of you guys adore him heaps. :cry:

credit: allkpop.com

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2021/04/actor-shin-sung-rok-tests-positive-for-covid-19?fbclid=IwAR18ych3Qg6CK2MGMOgLqAgwnkn9apnF9-sMu2iICWVy4tfLht32N3QAj90

flJEadU.png

Edited by TRaNz
  • Like 5
  • Sad 4
  • Shocked 1

-- Survives on Bubble Milk Tea, Burgers, Fries, Chicken Nuggets and Fried Chicken --

-- Currently watching: {not watching anything at the moment} --

Stay safe @abs-oluteM @NiteWalker xx 

Hi @MayanEcho ! How have you been?

Last night I dreamt about meeting with some OZ peeps here @TRaNz and another member... And then also another guy whom i havent seen ever in my life but apparently he's also a JH member :idk: and unfortunately @JenL couldnt make it but it was revealed then that her name was Livvy :pandascared: . What a dream :eeeee:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

Currently watching: 1night2days s4; Arashi's Diary: Voyage; The Great Escape S4; The Soldiers

18 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

The cases keep rising @NiteWalker . Stay safe.

I spent the public holiday just catching up on all my dramas...lol...feels like homework :pandawhat:.

yes i know....our colleagues are all worried of the number of cases rising too....

also our office just promote Flex Working Condition in a permanent basic lols

4 hours ago, SnowBlob said:

Stay safe @abs-oluteM @NiteWalker xx 

thanks dear

• Like 8

Had a great time reading up on your discussion on drama listing these past few pages...

I think I am most like @Tofu when watching dramas. Nothing in particular, as long as story draws me in, I’m in. Usually when there’s cute animal/pet involved, I will definitely try to watch, and time-traveling is always a plus to pull me in. 

But one thing for sure, it’s hard for me to invest time watching period drama (not sageuk/historical) but more like Bridal Mask kind. I had wanted to watch Hymn of Death but been putting it off. 

• Like 8
  • Heart Eyes 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears

7 hours ago, SnowBlob said:

Last night I dreamt about meeting with some OZ peeps here @TRaNz and another member... And then also another guy whom i havent seen ever in my life but apparently he's also a JH member :idk: and unfortunately @JenL couldnt make it but it was revealed then that her name was Livvy :pandascared: . What a dream :eeeee:

Dream?

Aren't all 5 of us JH (Melb) members going for dinner this weekend ? or has that been postponed? ..........  :lenny:

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Shocked 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

-- Survives on Bubble Milk Tea, Burgers, Fries, Chicken Nuggets and Fried Chicken --

17 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

I think I am most like @Tofu  Usually when there’s cute animal/pet involved, I will definitely try to watch

I will tag you later lols. I got drama with cute dog. @Tofu& @jeijeishould know it too. 

18 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

But one thing for sure, it’s hard for me to invest time watching period drama (not sageuk/historical) but more like Bridal Mask kind. I had wanted to watch Hymn of Death but been putting it off. 

This normally called as Republican I think. I prefer Republican than Sageuk. 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 6

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

@TRaNz the 5 of us will have dinner this weekend? First..i didnt get the memo...second...are there 5 of us in Melbourne? :PsyWhat: and third..dont tell me we re meeting at Maccas :pandablind: Lol... one day in probably a very distant future (or not) we should gather everyone and do sth together :btslove:How are things in the North anyway? 

• Haha 10

Currently watching: 1night2days s4; Arashi's Diary: Voyage; The Great Escape S4; The Soldiers

1 hour ago, SnowBlob said:

@TRaNz the 5 of us will have dinner this weekend? First..i didnt get the memo...second...are there 5 of us in Melbourne? :PsyWhat: and third..dont tell me we re meeting at Maccas :pandablind: Lol... one day in probably a very distant future (or not) we should gather everyone and do sth together :btslove:How are things in the North anyway? 

I think it was 5 or more....Like, me, you, @mademoiselle, @JenL and someone else....or 2 more...i forgot. LOOOOL

Nah sif, twas a dine in jkzjkz, my joke obviously failed here. ahahah

We should just gather everyone for a casual dine somewhere warm with yummy food!!!

Things up here are fine, despite wat the news reports. Im just on the side of it. no dramas.

How about you? out in the farrrrr east. hehehe

• Haha 10

Things are as normal as it can get over here but currently the whole family is feeling under the weather :brb: I feel like I wont be able to join any gathering unless it's held somewhere close to here. I dare not drive so far...I think Chaddy probably is the furthest I'm willing to go especially if I have to drive at night :jinbtscry: I feel like my vision becomes 'funny' when I drive at night...We should go watch a Korean movie or sth in a cinema :pandatakeit: 

• Like 10