Havenites Dabang

12 hours ago, SnowBlob said:

Last night I dreamt about meeting with some OZ peeps here @TRaNz and another member... And then also another guy whom i havent seen ever in my life but apparently he's also a JH member :idk: and unfortunately @JenL couldnt make it but it was revealed then that her name was Livvy :pandascared: . What a dream :eeeee:

Hahahaha This is so wild :laugh::laugh::laugh: I was not aware I'd had a name change :lol:...

Livvy is a cool name so maybe I'll consider for the future, but I can assure you that for now I am a Jen :laugh: Haha, still fairly anonymous in Melbourne. Someone tried to look for me on Facebook the other day and it was pretty difficult because my name is quite common :eeeee:

4 hours ago, TRaNz said:

Dream?

Aren't all 5 of us JH (Melb) members going for dinner this weekend ? or has that been postponed? ..........  :lenny:

Hahaha for some weird reason I opened this message first and was also really confused. You succeeded to mess with me as much as @SnowBlob :laugh:

4 hours ago, SnowBlob said:

@TRaNz the 5 of us will have dinner this weekend? First..i didnt get the memo...second...are there 5 of us in Melbourne? :PsyWhat: and third..dont tell me we re meeting at Maccas :pandablind:

5 of us here?! :PsyWhat: Who else?? I actually did not know anyone was from Melbourne till @Jane mentioned it...but then again I followed Jane and @SilverMoonTea here from the old forums and they seem to know all the information :pandahehe: 

Hahahahaha could you imagine our grand meeting being scheduled at Maccas??? :shocked::laugh:

4 hours ago, SnowBlob said:

Lol... one day in probably a very distant future (or not) we should gather everyone and do sth together :btslove:How are things in the North anyway? 

2 hours ago, TRaNz said:

I think it was 5 or more....Like, me, you, @mademoiselle, @JenL and someone else....or 2 more...i forgot. LOOOOL

Nah sif, twas a dine in jkzjkz, my joke obviously failed here. ahahah

We should just gather everyone for a casual dine somewhere warm with yummy food!!!

Things up here are fine, despite wat the news reports. Im just on the side of it. no dramas.

How about you? out in the farrrrr east. hehehe

Hahaha we should meet up one day! :BulbaOWO: 

Could do food...I need more foodie friends... can you believe I have some friends who have stopped being foodies and now I have to have exercise hang-out times with them?! :shocked2: :lettalKWA: 

Could also do movies. I can get discounts on films at some places. Also have often gotten Korean Film Festival discounts in the past, so if things are good later in the year maybe we could watch something when that's on. Feel free to hit me up with y'all ever want to do something! :Party01:

So we have people from North and East....and I'm from the South East. All directions of the state!

2 hours ago, SnowBlob said:

@mademoiselle i only know 4 including myself...the 5th person in my dream I have no idea who :pandascared: Hahahaha we can't possibly arrange gathering with members from other states for now :laugh: 

LOL we must convince them to move here.

On 4/27/2021 at 3:34 AM, Dhakra said:

Pacing is probably after plot the second most important thing. Filler episodes are the worst. Or forced breakups during the last or second to last episodes. 

Yessss, couldn't agree with you more! Forced break ups in the last 3 episodes drive me insane especially when there is no valid reason. Like are you kidding meeeeee?! :shocked2:

On 4/27/2021 at 3:34 AM, Dhakra said:

Oh waiiiit, I DID watch ONE korean movie.....from 2003, action-thriller called "Oldboy". Movie was.....okay.....but kinda disturbing and crazy. So probably that's why I sticked with dramas. 

Hahaha you only watched one Korean movie and it was one of the most messed up ones? Probably why you are traumatised :laugh:

On 4/29/2021 at 6:59 PM, abs-oluteM said:

I spent the public holiday just catching up on all my dramas...lol...feels like homework :pandawhat:.

I am soooo behind :letalQQ::letalQQ::letalQQ: And I'm only live watching 2 series atm! Life got to me this week, but I plan to catch up this weekend....haha, since you say this is homework, I feel like I'm a bad student now

3 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

@ktcjdramaHaha yeah normally for cdrama called republican. So I applied them to kdrama too. Since korea also republic. Or maybe war/post-war era drama? 

I was so confused the first time I heard the term republican. I was like, "Since when did Donald Trump watch dramas?" :thinking::laugh:

I like dramas from different eras - like nostalgic 'period' dramas from more recent periods of times in the 50's or 90's as opposed to full  Sageuk/ historical. I'm looking forward to Snowdrop if it doesn't get cancelled!

Edited by JenL
  • Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 6
  • Clapping Hands 1

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

18 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

I've completed my homeworks too (Daebak & Law School)... Prof. Yang is expecting me in the thread, lol.

I just caught up with the assignments this week from Law School too!! 😂 Interesting development. I am enjoying the drama and I honestly thought only Tofu and me still watching 🤣 

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Kidnapping // Dog Day // Lovers // Vote

1 minute ago, ktcjdrama said:

I just caught up with the assignments this week from Law School too!! 😂 Interesting development. I am enjoying the drama and I honestly thought only Tofu and me still watching 🤣 

Hahahaha no, I'm actually still watching but not 100% full attention because I cannot keep up with the law terms and can't be bothered rewinding it. I believe @Chocolate is still watching. So is @abs-oluteM but just maybe not up-to-date yet.

You two, why didn't you guys attend Prof. Yang's class on time? :pandacop: Hahahahahaha

• Haha 9
6 hours ago, SnowBlob said:

Things are as normal as it can get over here but currently the whole family is feeling under the weather :brb: I feel like I wont be able to join any gathering unless it's held somewhere close to here. I dare not drive so far...I think Chaddy probably is the furthest I'm willing to go especially if I have to drive at night :jinbtscry: I feel like my vision becomes 'funny' when I drive at night...We should go watch a Korean movie or sth in a cinema :pandatakeit: 

Faaa, Chaddy.. haha, yeah could do. Or Glen Wavez. haha 

4 hours ago, JenL said:

5 of us here?! :PsyWhat: Who else?? I actually did not know anyone was from Melbourne till @Jane mentioned it...but then again I followed Jane and @SilverMoonTea here from the old forums and they seem to know all the information :pandahehe: 

Hahahahaha could you imagine our grand meeting being scheduled at Maccas??? :shocked::laugh:

Could do food...I need more foodie friends... can you believe I have some friends who have stopped being foodies and now I have to have exercise hang-out times with them?! :shocked2: :lettalKWA: 

Could also do movies. I can get discounts on films at some places. Also have often gotten Korean Film Festival discounts in the past, so if things are good later in the year maybe we could watch something when that's on. Feel free to hit me up with y'all ever want to do something! :Party01:

So we have people from North and East....and I'm from the South East. All directions of the state!

Nah NAHHH, dont worry, our first outing wont be Maccas or KFC. hjahaha, gotta something dining in. LOL

Though...its 1am...and I am craving Maccas now....hmmmmmm

• Haha 8
  • Shocked 1

-- Survives on Bubble Milk Tea, Burgers, Fries, Chicken Nuggets and Fried Chicken --

-- Currently watching: {not watching anything at the moment} --

5 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

at least in the dream we can dream we are rich you know....even in dream it feels good anyway lols

You know how in dreams, you never wake up when you are being chased by a murderer? But when a guy you like is going to kiss you, you’ll wake up just before it happens?

Yep, you’re going to wake up just before you collect your winnings 😜

3 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Hahahaha no, I'm actually still watching but not 100% full attention because I cannot keep up with the law terms and can't be bothered rewinding it. I believe @Chocolate is still watching. So is @abs-oluteM but just maybe not up-to-date yet.

You two, why didn't you guys attend Prof. Yang's class on time? :pandacop: Hahahahahaha

I think of the amount of rewinding I did for episode 1 and I got scared. Decided to watch Daebak real estate instead 😂 Will catch up this weekend.

I finished Designated Survivor @mademoiselle. Got to say it’s put me off Jin Ji Hee a bit. So I am iffy about Undercover now. Btw, why didn’t he win the presidential election the first time? Thought he should have since his biggest competitor died 🤔

Edited by Chocolate
  • Haha 9
3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Right now I have skipped school for a bit aahahaha...I need to watch Law School when my mood is right. It is heavy - they talk so fast . 

I am prioritizing all my oppa's dramas - my goodness what shall I do. Plus I am also in love with the c drama The Long Ballad - also needs time. I need 36 hours a day. 

@TRaNz sad to say the Maccas in Malaysia is bad...the meat for the quarted pounder is not juicy.  I prefer the burgers from Carl's Jr.  

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 3

Mon-Tues: Wedding Impossible  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom

11 hours ago, JenL said:

Forced break ups in the last 3 episodes drive me insane especially when there is no valid reason. Like are you kidding meeeeee?!

Yes, me too. Probably the only flaw One Spring Night had and almost ruined it. It such a common mistake kdramas make.

11 hours ago, JenL said:

Probably why you are traumatised :laugh:

it REALLY did traumatize me, so I haven't watched any movies since. 

6 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

By the way congrats to  @mademoisellewho is the 1st Shifu of JangHaven :Party01:

Uhhh, nice. Congratz @mademoiselle Did she get some superpowers now? Can she, for example, turn milk into cacao with the help of some magical powder?

• Like 4
  • Haha 6
11 hours ago, Chocolate said:

I finished Designated Survivor @mademoiselle. Got to say it’s put me off Jin Ji Hee a bit. So I am iffy about Undercover now. Btw, why didn’t he win the presidential election the first time? Thought he should have since his biggest competitor died

Oh noooo. You're supposed to like him (or his character more). What about Son Seok Ku - like him more right? I don't remember the details well but I thought he withdraw from the presidential election?

10 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Right now I have skipped school for a bit aahahaha...I need to watch Law School when my mood is right. It is heavy - they talk so fast. I am prioritizing all my oppa's dramas - my goodness what shall I do. Plus I am also in love with the c drama The Long Ballad - also needs time. I need 36 hours a day. 

Don't skip too much classes because this week's episodes, Kim Bum and Ryu Hye Young have so many cute moments. Kim Bum is smiling so much now. I want their loveline to blossom.

Technically, I think you and @Tofu watch more dramas than I do because you guys also took on C-dramas whereas my focus is only in K-dramas. J-drama wise, I haven't seen one I'm attracted to. A limited few I tried but ended up dropping. There's supposed to be a law one by my long-time bias Yutaka but I haven't even looked into it. Instead, I'm more in the mood of watching his old drama, With Love. He rocked long hair in there...

@TRaNz @JenL @SnowBlob No to Maccas, LOL. What else is nice in Glen Wav?

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 6
9 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

@TRaNz sad to say the Maccas in Malaysia is bad...the meat for the quarted pounder is not juicy.  I prefer the burgers from Carl's Jr.  

Maccas is Maccas. I will smile....I will purchase....I will eat. :LaxEat:

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

-- Survives on Bubble Milk Tea, Burgers, Fries, Chicken Nuggets and Fried Chicken --

-- Currently watching: {not watching anything at the moment} --

Interview of Youn Yuh Jung if anyone is interested.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/asian-america/k-grandma-youn-yuh-jung-just-not-hollywood-n1265530

I love her sass and spunkiness! These are the bits that stood out for me:

“When some project comes from America, people in Korea think I admire Hollywood,” she said. “No, I don't admire Hollywood. The reason I keep coming is because if I come to the States and work, maybe I'm able to see my son one more time. That’s from the bottom of my heart.”

During a Korean news conference hosted by the South Korean Consulate General in Los Angeles after her win, she shrugged and rolled her eyes about the spate of questions she received about Pitt.

I told him to provide more money to the movie,” she said of Pitt, who owns the production company behind “Minari,” Plan B Entertainment.

“I also told him to come to Korea,” she added. “He promised that he will. But I don’t really believe the words of Americans. Their vocabulary is so fancy. He said my performance was very respectable and whatnot, but I’m old. I don’t fall for those words.LOL

"Me, without work — you get bored. Don’t you think?" she said. "Your career, it's a part of you, representing your name and yourself."

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 6
  • Insightful 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Shifu @mademoisellecongrats, looking more for your wisdom and insight on all the beautiful oppas :LarvitarSDab1:

@ChocolateI can't finish Designated Survivor. I haven't touched Undercover yet. Idk why not that motivated. Eventhough I like the OTP. I think because they're already a married couple.

Daebak really my latest crack. Love it so much. I even watched lots of their interview & BTS. Their visual really up to my liking. 

@abs-oluteMI have 4 J , 2 K , @Tofu& @NiteWalkerhaven't give up luring me to C town. Your Dark Hole oppa also coming... Help! So many.. haha :KittyMummy:

I'm thinking to eat ramen (again) @TRaNzlols... 

@mirmz@MayanEcho:BulbaOWO:Wave, wave! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 6
  • Heart Eyes 2

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

19 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Haha yeah normally for cdrama called republican. So I applied them to kdrama too. Since korea also republic. Or maybe war/post-war era drama? 

I think it's just called the Japanese colonial period or something for Korean dramas. :laugh:

@ktcjdrama - I don't mind sageuk. Usually if it's politics heavy, I can only watch one at a time otherwise I'll go crazy. :BulbaConfused:

14 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I've completed my homeworks too (Daebak & Law School)... Prof. Yang is expecting me in class now, lol.

Edit: I'll continue with more homework on 🐭

Me too! I completed both episodes of Law School today. Will comment in the thread later. It's getting a lot easier to follow, no more jumping timelines every 5 minutes!! :taebtsthanks:

2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Technically, I think you and @Tofu watch more dramas than I do because you guys also took on C-dramas whereas my focus is only in K-dramas.

This is me whenever I read how many dramas other people are watching:

tenor.gif

Then I catch a glimpse of my drama list and it's equally as bad, if not worst. :laugh:

Chinese dramas are a little crazy because they usually air about 6 episodes every week and some have so many episodes. @abs-oluteM and I are watching one that's 49 episodes long! :shocked2:

Right now, I have 5 dramas (3 Korean and 2 Chinese) that I'm actively watching. I catch one other Chinese and two Japanese dramas, if I have extra time but I'm not as committed to those -- they are on my slowly watching list. (Don't kill me on the Japanese ones, @SilverMoonTea!!)  Most of the ones I'm watching will end in 2-3 weeks and I don't have anything else lined up after. I'm not as interested in some of the Korean dramas airing in May besides Move to Heaven and possibly Doom. Chinese dramas just drop randomly so I can never prepare for them. Haha! 

I'm curious....how many dramas has everyone completed this year already? Consider this our Q1 check in. :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 8