Havenites Dabang

34 minutes ago, Tofu said:

I'm curious....how many dramas has everyone completed this year already? Consider this our Q1 check in.

10 (including the cross-over ones from 2020)

39 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Good question. But sorry Idk. I only track oppa number

LOL @Tofu maybe for @SilverMoonTea you have to ask how many she has dropped xD

---

OMG, Dark Hole has premiered!?! :shocked2: OK, one more assignment to complete.

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

@SilverMoonTea There are just too many dramas I want to watch but there's only so much that I can - time is one thing but when you do too much of something , the net happiness for each additional drama starts to diminish ahahahah ( sounds like economics ya) .  Plus I want some time to chat here and to also talk about what I watch. 

@Tofu that is a good question - how many dramas did I finish ...lets see...

Spoiler

k-drama

1. Run On (2020-2021) :heart:

2.She would never know :heart:

3. Love Feat marriage & divorce :pandablank:

4. Sisyphus the Myth :shocked2:

5. Hello Me  :heart:

6. Luca The Beginning :shocked2:

7. Beyond Evil :heart:

8. Not Yet 30 :pandablank:

9. Vincenzo ( will end this week)  :heart:

10. River Where The Moon Rises :heart:

11. Navillera :heart:

c-drama

1. The Sword of the Brocade :pandablank: ( I liked it initially but the ending despite it being happy somewhat fizzled for me) 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3
  • Clapping Hands 2

Mon-Tues: Wedding Impossible  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom

Congrats @mademoiselle on being Shifu!

master-shifu-kung-fu-panda.jpg

4 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Oh noooo. You're supposed to like him (or his character more). What about Son Seok Ku - like him more right? I don't remember the details well but I thought he withdraw from the presidential election?

Yeah I thought I would too because of the genre but somehow it left me meh. Probably because his acting was really so-so - doesn't change much from start to end. I must have fallen asleep somewhere - don't remember him withdrawing. After they caught the VIP (which was so obvious since the middle), they just showed the election was over and him leaving the blue house and returning to work in school. Yes, Son Seok Ku is interesting. I wouldn't mind watching him again as long as the show doesn't fall within the  4 categories I avoid haha.

1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

Thanks for the link. She is such a witty lady! This was a silly question but what a reply!

Daebak Real Estate had an episode on ghost painter. And guess who was guilty of this? Her ex-hubby! [Ok, that's the limit of my gossip for the year lol.]

https://www.ajudaily.com/view/20171018163617220

1 hour ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Daebak really my latest crack. Love it so much. I even watched lots of their interview & BTS. Their visual really up to my liking. 

Haha you must be so happy that the show plot gives them every excuse to hold hands and hug all the time!

5 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

when you do too much of something , the net happiness for each additional drama starts to diminish ahahahah ( sounds like economics ya) . 

This is so true! I am beginning to feel it. Going to cut back and watch only those I really like live.

• Haha 8
  • Party! 1
1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

time is one thing but when you do too much of something , the net happiness for each additional drama starts to diminish ahahahah ( sounds like economics ya) .  Plus I want some time to chat here and to also talk about what I watch. 

This is also basically the reason why I have to limit and select my dramas... I want to come to JH, chat and read up on comments.

• Like 7
  • Clapping Hands 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Kidnapping // Dog Day // Lovers // Vote

@abs-oluteM @Chocolate - Agreed! I think that's why I've dropped so many dramas in March/April that I started but just didn't like enough to continue. Then of course, I have some dramas that started off pretty decently, became awful towards the middle, but I still stuck with it to the end. :jiminbtssigh:

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

@Chocolate Thank you. I kept quiet thinking no one will notice I've become shifu in too much chatting xP xD

EDIT: Thank you too @abs-oluteM

@abs-oluteM @Chocolate @ktcjdrama @Tofu Have to admit after retiring from posting on Soompi drama threads, I have more time to myself and watch more dramas (including those crappy ones). It does get harder now because I wanna watch dramas as well as play on JH.

@Tofu I am learning to drop dramas now and not holding on to it. In the past I didn't want to be prejudice and judgemental on dramas I didn't finish so I stuck to it to the end ensuring I give a fair review on that drama. But dramas such as LUCA and Sisyphus taught me otherwise not to waste my time and I am glad I dropped it.

@Chocolate

Hmm, I didn't think Ji Jin Hee's acting is that bad but he's definitely not standing out and I am not swooning over him for his acting like I do for others. I have a thing for actors who can emote via their eyes. Story-wise I do like it. It's something that we, as a citizens, dream to have in a political leader. I think that is what I like of his character and why Son Seok Ku's character went from looking down on him to admiring him. Question: Other than HB, who are the actors or actresses you have come across where you like their acting?

Youn Yuh Jung - Woah, what stupid Q is that "How does he smell?"

Why do I find that Q offensive? I'm glad she gives her that "I'm not a dog" response.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 9
52 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

@abs-oluteM @Chocolate @ktcjdrama @Tofu Have to admit after retiring from posting on Soompi drama threads, I have more time to myself and watch more dramas (including those crappy ones). It does get harder now because I wanna watch dramas as well as play on JH.

You mean so far at Janghaven, that's you "after retiring"? 😱😂🤣👏

52 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Hmm, I didn't think Ji Jin Hee's acting is that bad but he's definitely not standing out and I am not swooning over him for his acting like I do for others. I have a thing for actors who can emote via their eyes. Story-wise I do like it. It's something that we, as a citizens, dream to have in a political leader. I think that is what I like of his character and why Son Seok Ku's character went from looking down on him to admiring him. Question: Other than HB, who are the actors or actresses you have come across where you like their acting?

Not bad bad. Just not great. Very average acting even by the rest of the cast except SSK. The character is a nice idea - another actor may have done it more justice. I think everyone on Beyond Evil was much better, acting wise.

By the way, I tried W: 2 Worlds Apart until episode 5. I can't take it anymore! 😭 Can you just tell me why they can travel in and out of the comic and the ending? Please??? 🙏

• Haha 9
18 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

You mean so far at Janghaven, that's you "after retiring"?

Before JH was created I had been inactive in drama threads for many years on Soompi (only once in a while participate but mostly update my Oppa threads). I started posting again after TKEM and then became more active after joining +/- thread.

18 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

By the way, I tried W: 2 Worlds Apart until episode 5. I can't take it anymore! 😭 Can you just tell me why they can travel in and out of the comic and the ending? Please??? 🙏

Whaaaaaaat! That's cheating!!

Spoiler

Kang Chul and Murderer can move between two worlds because they've gained awareness of the manhwa world. Yeon Joo was summoned by Kang Chul into the manhwa because he keeps being curious about her.

Spoiler

It is also because she's actually the original creator of Kang Chul.

Ending: Happy Ending xD xD

Is this what you wanna know? Hahahahaha

If you absolutely can't continue with W, how about trying out Circle by Yeo Jin Goo? Mystery too.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 7
  • Heart Eyes 2

Thanks @mademoiselle! Yes, that's what I wanted to know about W.

Spoiler

So the murderer is Yeon Joo's father? If not, who is it?

How was it that Yeon Joo was the original creator of Kang Chul?

And how has Kang Chul seen her (before her first time going into the comic) such that he is curious about her?

Thanks.

I tell you I stop "W: Two Worlds Apart".

And you ask me to watch "Circle: Two Worlds Connected".

😭😭😭

• Like 3
  • Haha 6
16 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

Thanks @mademoiselle! Yes, that's what I wanted to know about W.

Hide contents

So the murderer is Yeon Joo's father? If not, who is it?

How was it that Yeon Joo was the original creator of Kang Chul?

And how has Kang Chul seen her (before her first time going into the comic) such that he is curious about her?

Thanks.

I tell you I stop "W: Two Worlds Apart".

And you ask me to watch "Circle: Two Worlds Connected".

😭😭😭

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA OMG, that's hilarious. I didn't know/remember Circle has "Two Worlds Connected" in its name. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: I died laughing...

So, you're not going to continue with W?

Spoiler

The murderer has no identity or face. It was just made up by Oh Sung Moo to shape Kang Chul's character. Oh Sung Moo made the murderer take on his face later so that Kang Chul could identify the murderer in the manhwa world* and put an end to the story but it didn't work out the way they planned.

*The reason it had to be Oh Sung Moo's face is because after being attacked by the murderer on the roof, Oh Sung Moo was also there and stabbed Kang Chul as well (shown in ep 5). Kang Chul saw his face.

Yeon Joo created Kang Chul when she was young. Then her dad used Kang Chul as his manhwa male lead for W.

Kang Chul became curious about her since she saved him couple of times and she cannot be found in manhwa world.

I'm sad you're not continuing with W. When this came out I was so excited. It's like stories from the comic books I read since young came true on screen. That finally the dramaland is looking into turning some awesome manga/manhwa into dramas.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 4
  • Haha 5
13 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

I'm sad you're not continuing with W. When this came out I was so excited. It's like stories from the comic books I read since young came true on screen. That finally the dramaland is looking into turning some awesome manga/manhwa into dramas.

Thanks again for the summary. Yeah, I'm not continuing. Both the ML and FL are difficult for me to watch.

So coincidental right, the names of the 2 dramas. We should buy 4D lol.

• Like 3
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1
6 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

Thanks again for the summary. Yeah, I'm not continuing. Both the ML and FL are difficult for me to watch.

So coincidental right, the names of the 2 dramas. We should buy 4D lol.

Pity. W has a good concept and cliffhangers. Did you finish episode 5? A lot of Qs were answered in this episode.

Yeah very coincidental. LOL. Maybe Two Worlds Connecting will work for you :laugh:better than Apart.

• Like 3
  • Haha 6
7 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Pity. W has a good concept and cliffhangers. Did you finish episode 5? A lot of Qs were answered in this episode.

Yeah very coincidental. LOL. Maybe Two Worlds Connecting will work for you :laugh:better than Apart.

Haha, we'll see. I think I want to try Nobody Knows and perhaps Children of a Lesser God.

Episode 5 ended with him arriving in the real world, reading all the comics in the bookstore and looking for the FL. I wish I liked it too as there have been really great reviews. Maybe I just have to imagine Hyun Bin when I see Lee Jong Suk lol.

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

When I watched Dark Hole, I realise what I have aversion to for kdramas even though this don't stop me from watching the dramas (most of them).

It is scene of the Shaman doing whatever rituals those are called. To me it is superstition and look silly of someone dancing around looking possessed. It also looks exaggerating so I do wonder if this really is how it is done in Korea.

I think another reason no matter how hard I tried re-watching Save Me, I ended up dropping is that I cannot handle cult religion. I find it ridiculous of how people can believe it so much so that they endanger the safety of their family. It upsets me watching it play out like that in Save Me.

Coincidentally, the father & the priest are Seung San and Chae Rok's dad in Navillera 😅

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 8
  • Insightful 1

@Chocolate Please do try Undercover... well.. it has a good start so far but more importantly your contribution will mean more points for me :pandatakeit: (no-shame-snowblob is back) 

@JenL @mademoiselle @TRaNz errr..no to Maccas either but I won't mind Hungry Jack :lol: It looks like the 3 of you are into fine dining ~~ Can we find some sort of fine dining that doesn't cost a lot LOL...I suppose no because that no longer can be called 'fine' dining? Glen... well.. I like Grand Tofu there..but that's far from fine dining. There's a burger joint there that's quite nice ... it serves like crispy mushroom burger (YUMMMM). There's also ... Kimchi Hut.. @JenL I'm also in the south east!!! 

I'm so hungry now .. haven't had my dinner yet. Just ordered salt and pepper tofu coz they ran out of kangkung belachan ... 

@mademoiselle congrats of being a Shifu! 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 6

Currently watching: 1night2days s4; Arashi's Diary: Voyage; The Great Escape S4; The Soldiers

@mademoiselle congratulations for being shifu :Party02:

8 hours ago, Tofu said:

I'm curious....how many dramas has everyone completed this year already? Consider this our Q1 check in. :laugh:

My completed (and soon to be completed) watching list so far:

- Hello, It's Me! (2021)

- Homemade Love Story (2020 - 2021)

- Mr Queen (2021)

- Vincenzo (2021) (will end this weekend)

- Uncanny Counter (2021)

- Times (2021)

- Run On (2021) 

- Sisyphus the Myth (2021)

- Lovestruck in the City (2021)

Two dramas that made me suffer a little in finishing it were Times and Sisyphus. :pandaheadstomp: I'm just glad finally I finished it hahaha

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Clapping Hands 2
  • Party! 2

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

23 hours ago, TRaNz said:

Faaa, Chaddy.. haha, yeah could do. Or Glen Wavez. haha 

Nah NAHHH, dont worry, our first outing wont be Maccas or KFC. hjahaha, gotta something dining in. LOL

Though...its 1am...and I am craving Maccas now....hmmmmmm

Haha I can do Chaddy or Glen...both are out my way-ish!

Wow you really do do 24 hrs Maccas! :lol:

22 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

By the way congrats to  @mademoisellewho is the 1st Shifu of JangHaven :Party01:

I bow down to Master @mademoiselle :BulbaOWO: Congrats! :Party02:

15 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

@TRaNz @JenL @SnowBlob No to Maccas, LOL. What else is nice in Glen Wav?

Hahaha...Depends what you feel like. There's a new Japanese Izakaya that I haven't tried where White Mojo use to be. Black Toro is good https://theblacktoro.com.au/. Miss Pings has a Thai high tea type platter: https://www.misspings.com.au/ ...These are probably on the nicer/ more photogenic side of dining...otherwise there's decent cheap eats like The Grand Tofu :BulbaOWO:

Can y'all think of anything else @TRaNz @SnowBlob?

11 hours ago, Tofu said:

I'm curious....how many dramas has everyone completed this year already? Consider this our Q1 check in. :laugh:

I have finished 9? 8 Kdramas and 1 TW drama... But not all are current:

-Hot Stove League

-Uncanny Counter

-True Beauty

-Miss Hammurabi

-When the Weather is Fine

-A Piece of your Mind

-The Devil Punisher

-Beyond Evil

-Run On

(Edit: I forgot about Run On and nearly ripped myself off from one more achievement :psweatduck:)

Currently watching:

-Taxi Driver

- Sell Your Haunted House

On the Pick up list:

-Doom at your Service

-Use for My Talent

Edited by JenL
  • Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 2
  • Party! 2
  • Tasty 1

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

11 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Good question. But sorry Idk. I only track oppa number :laugh:

LOLLLL I haven't visited Oppa Tracker in awhile :psweatduck: 

But my current main love is Lee Je Hoon. Did you notice I spent hard earned points to buy him? :lenny:

11 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Haha you must be so happy that the show plot gives them every excuse to hold hands and hug all the time!

This is so true! I am beginning to feel it. Going to cut back and watch only those I really like live.

Damn, I need to catch up on Sell Your Haunted House :psweatduck: Soooo behind for a live watch

Yeah, only live watch the ones that are good! Otherwise drama burnout will get to you. I'm already dying at 2 dramas recently due to busy lifestyle :lettalKWA:

10 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

This is also basically the reason why I have to limit and select my dramas... I want to come to JH, chat and read up on comments.

Me too...I must write my long essays here otherwise what is the point of watching dramas and developing opinions :idk:

8 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Before JH was created I had been inactive in drama threads for many years on Soompi (only once in a while participate but mostly update my Oppa threads). I started posting again after TKEM and then became more active after joining +/- thread.

Really??? :shocked2: But you're so active here. In fact, you are shifu. I feel shocked like someone told me shifu never did training but still managed to become shifu :lettalKWA:

7 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Wait....but I heard a number of people were displeased with the ending?? :thinking:

7 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Maybe I just have to imagine Hyun Bin when I see Lee Jong Suk lol.

Hahahahaha, of course, of course....not that I can say anything. I'm not a fan of LJS....I seem not to like the major actors of the drama world :idk: I do like Hyun Bin though, so I think I'm safe with @Chocolate :laugh:

7 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

When I watched Dark Hole, I realise what I have aversion to for kdramas even though this don't stop me from watching the dramas (most of them).

It is scene of the Shaman doing whatever rituals those are called. To me it is superstition and look silly of someone dancing around looking possessed. It also looks exaggerating so I do wonder if this really is how it is done in Korea. 

Wow, so you do have something you dislike from dramas! I guess you don't actively avoid it, but would it be enough to make you drop a drama if it featured too heavily in a storyline? :thinking:

5 hours ago, SnowBlob said:

@JenL @mademoiselle @TRaNz errr..no to Maccas either but I won't mind Hungry Jack :lol: It looks like the 3 of you are into fine dining ~~ Can we find some sort of fine dining that doesn't cost a lot LOL...I suppose no because that no longer can be called 'fine' dining? Glen... well.. I like Grand Tofu there..but that's far from fine dining. There's a burger joint there that's quite nice ... it serves like crispy mushroom burger (YUMMMM). There's also ... Kimchi Hut.. 

Hahaha I am into fine dining but also into casual eats as long as it's tasty :BulbaOWO: LOL you mentioned Grand Tofu too. Burger joint...do you mean Yo My Goodness? :thinking: And what is Kimchi Hut? I hope it doesn't actually just serve kimchi because I don't like it (though I love Korean food) 

5 hours ago, SnowBlob said:

@JenL I'm also in the south east!!! 

Oh we are practically neighbours then :BulbaOWO::CharmanderYay:

9 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Even with Jasper's dubbed voice? :MewWave:

I will give it a try. Anything for my Jasper :BulbaOWO:

But no promises that I won't drop it after one episode since I really hate dubbing :lenny:

• Haha 9

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days