Havenites Dabang

@LaLa Thank you dear.

@JenL Oooh I will check out those links. Kimchi Hut is Korean food. They have the usual - jajiangmyun, fried chicken, samgyetang, bibimbap, kimchi jigae and Korean BBQ.

32 minutes ago, JenL said:

Really??? :shocked2: But you're so active here. In fact, you are shifu. I feel shocked like someone told me shifu never did training but still managed to become shifu 

I probably need to clarify - my Soompi membership is ancient, so I have hit the Immortal rank (equivalent to the highest level here - which I haven't reached) when the reputation points reached 30,000. I was very active at one stage, and then became inactive then active again when Soju & et al. was doing the face-lifting. That's when I got to know @abs-oluteM @SilverMoonTea @Chocolate @SnowBlob @NiteWalker them all at the +/- thread. What about you?

In conclusion, you don't need training for being chatty. Hahahaha! Aish, I'm not proud of being a chatterbox. :jiminbtssigh:

50 minutes ago, JenL said:

Me too...I must write my long essays here otherwise what is the point of watching dramas and developing opinions

This tickles me. I LOL at your "I must write my long essay..." xD

52 minutes ago, JenL said:

Wow, so you do have something you dislike from dramas! I guess you don't actively avoid it, but would it be enough to make you drop a drama if it featured too heavily in a storyline?

Yeah I belatedly realise I do! I cannot actively avoid the shaman rituals since this is part of SK's culture and you never can tell whether they will appear or not however it is getting clearer to me now that cult religion (Save Me) and super gory killing psycho kind (The Guest, Stranger From Hell) are dramas I am likely unable to stomach no matter how hard I try again & again. 

I also avoid makjang and overly dramatic ones too (like Penthouse, World of the Married, Winter Sonata). Kinda glad I missed the era where makjang was the trend!

Other than the above, I am open to try it out especially when I am powered up by the presence of Oppa.

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

@mademoiselle - I completely understand! I was active on Soompi and for many years I wasn't posting as much but still visiting the forum. I'm definitely more active on JangHaven. 

@JenL - I think for Jasper, I'll try out Use For My Talent too. I didn't watch Twelve Legends because by the time English subs came out, I moved on. Plus, I'm not a huge fan of the female lead too. 

@Chocolate - You are going to have to tell me how you like Nobody Knows. I really enjoyed watching that one! 

I have the longest list of completed dramas. :laugh: I completed 20 dramas, but I have to use "completed" loosely because some of them I watched the first two episodes, fast forwarded through the middle, and watched the last two episodes. I considered them completed because I still got the general set up, the angst, and the happy ending at the end. Haha! 

• Binged through 5 Thai lakorns so I wouldn't be disown by my best friend. I'm so glad she got a promotion at work and doesn't have time to watch as many lakorns as she did before. This means I won't need to binge through lakorns any time soon. :eeeee:
  • Completed 7 Korean dramas, 4 were dramas that started in 2020.
  • Completed 8 Chinese dramas, 1 was started in 2020, 2 were from previous years, and the rest to keep China Charms's activity alive. 
Spoiler

Thai Lakorns

Mae Krua Kon Mai
Fah Mee Tawan
My Husband in Law
Hua Jai Sila
Ugly Duckling Series: Perfect Match

Korean Dramas

Beyond Evil
Navillera
River Where the Moon Rises
A Love So Beautiful    
Please Don't Date Him
Run On    
The Uncanny Counter    

Chinese Dramas

Douluo Continent
No Boundary    
Rattan
The Blessed Girl
You Are My Hero    
Begin Again
Legend of Fei
My Girlfriend is an Alien

• Like 1
  • Shocked 4
  • Clapping Hands 4
12 minutes ago, Tofu said:

I completely understand! I was active on Soompi and for many years I wasn't posting as much but still visiting the forum. I'm definitely more active on JangHaven. 

I've never seen you in kdrama threads so I think you are more ancient than me over there, right? Also I have this impression that you are hard to approach because of Eita's frowning DP. :pandaheadstomp: I got the same comment before from a Soompier because of a DP I used. LOL.

Oh my goodness. You have watched so many dramas!

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2
  • Haha 7

Did you ever watch something so focussed, that your freshly made dinner/lunch in front of you went cold?

5 hours ago, LaLa said:

Two dramas that made me suffer a little in finishing it were Times and Sisyphus. :pandaheadstomp: I'm just glad finally I finished it hahaha

So you finish dramas even though you don't like them anymore?

On 4/30/2021 at 12:36 PM, JenL said:

Forced break ups in the last 3 episodes drive me insane especially when there is no valid reason. Like are you kidding meeeeee?! 

Talking about, I dropped dramas because of this with only two episodes left. 

• Haha 8
9 hours ago, Chocolate said:

I think I want to try Nobody Knows

Pretty certain you will like this one. Also, Children of Nobody. Both are dramas I enjoyed from the first minute till the last. 

9 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

It is scene of the Shaman doing whatever rituals those are called. To me it is superstition and look silly of someone dancing around looking possessed. It also looks exaggerating so I do wonder if this really is how it is done in Korea.

I think another reason no matter how hard I tried re-watching Save Me, I ended up dropping is that I cannot handle cult religion. I find it ridiculous of how people can believe it so much so that they endanger the safety of their family. It upsets me watching it play out like that in Save Me.

Same feelings here about the above. The rituals stuff was alright if it’s just shown bits here and there like in The Guest. But when it’s taken too much screen time (like why do I want/need to watch the whole process?) like in The Cursed, then I will drop as well. I believe that’s how it’s done in real life tho’. Same reason for Save Me. I didn’t like that the cult worshipping scenes took up so much screen time so I finished it by skip-watching the scenes.

• Like 9

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Kidnapping // Dog Day // Lovers // Vote

37 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

I've never seen you in kdrama threads so I think you are more ancient than me over there, right? Also I have this impression that you are hard to approach because of Eita's frowning DP. :pandaheadstomp: I got the same comment before from a Soompier because of a DP I used. LOL.

I stopped posting for a number of years because I just couldn't keep up with it anymore. It was during the time when I was in a position at work where I had to do a lot of things. I'm not in that position anymore so my time has freed up a lot. :smile:

Oh man, Eita?! I think this was my DP during that time? I should bring Eita back. I'll crop it later to use again because I'm too lazy to go digging for the resized one. :pandasleep:

Spoiler

zkG33o0.jpg

I learned that being active in China Charms means watching lots of dramas so that section doesn't go dead. We have more members interested in Korean dramas than Chinese dramas. Hahaha!

• Like 2
  • Haha 6
  • Awesome 1

@JenL the burger place is called Betty's Burger at the Glen. I really like it due to its crispiness :hearties: Hmm.. Cant remember the name..but if you re talking about the same the Japanese Izakaya i'm thinking about...that one isn't that nice. But we could be talking about a different one :heiboi: Come and watch Undercover if you're up for watching anything hahahahhahah

@mademoiselle I think @Tofu seems to be a lot more approachable here because of her name for me ahhahahahahahhs..... tofu as a name is a lot more relax and funnier and yumyum than 

Spoiler

Endeavour ... Though i do like that name a lot too! :hearties:

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

Currently watching: 1night2days s4; Arashi's Diary: Voyage; The Great Escape S4; The Soldiers

10 hours ago, Dhakra said:

Did you ever watch something so focussed, that your freshly made dinner/lunch in front of you went cold?

No. I (we) can multitask. :lenny:

10 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Same feelings here about the above. The rituals stuff was alright if it’s just shown bits here and there like in The Guest. But when it’s taken too much screen time (like why do I want/need to watch the whole process?) like in The Cursed, then I will drop as well. I believe that’s how it’s done in real life tho’. Same reason for Save Me. I didn’t like that the cult worshipping scenes took up so much screen time so I finished it by skip-watching the scenes.

True, I agree. Joseon Exorcist has the same too with the supporting actress playing a shaman and she was just dancing around on stage. I didn't like that either especially I know it isn't meant to work.

For Save Me, I FF through it and jumped to the last episode and watched the end. Still thought it was all too much with Ye Ji being forced to marry/sleep with the Priest. Ew. I only wanted to watch Save Me because it was a drama that Woo Do Hwan supposedly stood out. Same reason I wanted to watch The Guest and Stranger From Hell, Oppa deul and it has high rave reviews, and nope, couldn't deal.

10 hours ago, Tofu said:

I stopped posting for a number of years because I just couldn't keep up with it anymore. It was during the time when I was in a position at work where I had to do a lot of things. I'm not in that position anymore so my time has freed up a lot.

I feel ya. I feel more energised when the posts are from people I know. But when I've to filter through all sorts of posts + trollings, my eyes start refusing to read them. Going there is supposed to help de-stress from daily life/have fun/talk about Oppa but when the fun is gone, I rather not visit the threads.

Hey, Eita wasn't frowning! Why do I remember him frowning in this shot! LOL!

@SnowBlob Endeavour is a nice name actually. Although I couldn't tell whether it's a female or male LOL. Not that "tofu" has a gender. Hahaha. Have you guys tried just buy silken tofu and pour soy sauce + sesame oil on it and eat it just like that as a cold dish? It's surprisingly very yummy. Dad said I should cook it a little first to kill the bugs but then it'd ruin the tofu so I hadn't done it. So far two packs down the stomach I'm still alive...

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7
  • Sad 1
  • Shocked 1
1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

Have you guys tried just buy silken tofu and pour soy sauce + sesame oil on it and eat it just like that as a cold dish? It's surprisingly very yummy. Dad said I should cook it a little first to kill the bugs but then it'd ruin the tofu so I hadn't done it. So far two packs down the stomach I'm still alive...

LOL... you're very adventurous in terms of food :pandablind: And no I haven't tried that although I could picture myself eating it (think I don't mind cold tofu). I like my usual stuff ... fried rice .. fried noodle.. eggs .. and with the ultimate oyster sauce :pandablush:

• Haha 9

Currently watching: 1night2days s4; Arashi's Diary: Voyage; The Great Escape S4; The Soldiers

8 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

@SnowBlob

Cold Tofu is hardly adventurous. My most adventurous was ants, possum sausage and one fried bee (just trying out).

:shocked::lettalKWA: and how did they taste like???????? Don't tell me you ate ants accidentally LOLOL. I suppose ants have no taste if you eat them individually ... but did you eat them like the whole bowl or something??? And what about possum sausage (I'm guessing it'll taste similar to any other sausage) and fried bee???????? 

Ah yes no wonder I could imagine myself eating cold tofu... coz it's 'normal' food ahhahahahahaha. face palm. If I were to make the tofu on that YouTube video.. I'd end up only with bonito flakes on top + ponzu sauce and would take out the green onion, ginger and okra. 

• Haha 9

@SnowBlob The ants and possum sausage were two separate fine dining dishes from Attica. @TRaNz may have had it too. The ants were edible and was serve like a garnish on top of a slice of banana and pavlova.

Spoiler

30709418_10155620331043719_1327620802610200576_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=cdbe9c&_nc_ohc=eGNQhYTVhgMAX8zGRH5&_nc_oc=AQmbH0JCJRojvaKACmxLxs6-SWCLdrD1lpgmalwBwdRY3tkoIs-FFcA-rzfY7IQfJexKyHp-jrIkD7VwGIzgj0sh&_nc_ht=scontent.fmel7-1.fna&oh=c50326a6920bc7bec0542120437c0fcc&oe=60B2D1AD

See! You can see their eyes!

The possum sausage, to be honest, didn't taste any different. Plus when the waiter told us, I wasn't listening so I just eat. But because I was too full by then, I ate about half and the other half I told my friend to finish it for me.

Fried bees was a dish my family tried when we visited China loooong time ago. I didn't dare to eat but opted to try one. It's just crunchy that was it. However someone I know had eaten tarantula. YUUCCCKKKK. I'd never put that in my mouth. I remember watching some survival game show on TV once that the contestants have to eat live tarantula. A guy ate it really quick but was disqualified because he drank water and use that to help him swallow. *puke.

---

Tofu dish - yeah you can take out everything lol! I only have soy sauce & sesame oil xD It's really a lazy dish hahaha.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 3
  • Shocked 1
  • Clapping Hands 3
  • Tasty 1
12 hours ago, Dhakra said:

So you finish dramas even though you don't like them anymore?

It depends. Sometimes I would drop the drama if I found it confusing and strange (ahem Alice), but at the other hand I would continue to watch only to see what happened in the end. My biggest factor in deciding to drop a drama is my mood. If I feel like I don't want to continue it anymore, then I could just drop it and never picked it up again. Maybe if I'm still curious a little bit, I'll just follow from the news or see what happened in the end. 

For Times, It's a politic drama which genre isn't something that I like. I check it out because of @SilverMoonTea dimple oppa whose performance in variety show I enjoy. First few episodes it's quite interesting but in the middle I start to lose my interest. Because it only had 12 episodes, I guess it's still alright for me to continue until the end. 

For Sisyphus, tbh I start watching it because of the trailer and highlight preview was interesting. Another factor was because of Cho Seung Woo. I haven't watched any dramas or movies by him, but many people praised him for his great acting and I've watched short clips of him in his musical performance and I want to watch him. About the first half, it's quite interesting with all the sci-fi and the concept of time machine. All I know about time travel there will be a consequence when your future and your past self encounter each other, it will create time paradox (?). The idea was interesting and quite fascinating. But then starting on the second half and towards the ending, it started to be strange and confusing. I'm glad that I reach the ending, but not really satisfied with how they wrap it out. I read @abs-oluteMreview about the ending and even though it still doesn't make sense, I can accept the ending a little. 

@ChocolateI read you are going to watch Nobody Knows? It's pretty interesting and I quite enjoy it. But beware of the 'cult' things related to one religion. If you can just ignore on that part, I think you will be enjoy the suspense :) 

• Like 8
  • Insightful 1

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

3 hours ago, SnowBlob said:

@mademoiselle for sure ants...and fried bees arent the type of cuisine i'm willing to try. Period. :PsyWhat: let alone tarantula...that sounds really horrible...and a live one??? :PikaRIP: I never try anything funny seriously..

:laugh: Honestly I had no idea we were going to be served ants and possums. But they didn't taste so bad so it's forgiven but yeah, we decided we won't do another Australian type cuisine like this. Last one I had in March, we were given fenison, that too was meh. Not tasty at all. If any chef dare to serve me tarantula, he's getting a bad review. LOL and I will send it back!

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 7
2 hours ago, LaLa said:

Nobody Knows? It's pretty interesting and I quite enjoy it. But beware of the 'cult' things related to one religion. If you can just ignore on that part, I think you will be enjoy the suspense :) 

🤔 how come I don’t remember cult related thing in Nobody Knows? 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

MTDzeiV.gif

5 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

🤔 how come I don’t remember cult related thing in Nobody Knows? 

Uhmm not really a cult but the new life church isn't exactly a good and real one, in my opinion. Almost all the evils came from there. The psychopath serial murder, and the way they use the some passages and script from the bible from there and twist it to their own meaning.. :pandascared:

But I might be wrong too because more than one years have passed and I forgot the detail of dramas hahaha.. I only have some snippets that I could remember

• Like 8

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

1 hour ago, LaLa said:

Uhmm not really a cult but the new life church isn't exactly a good and real one, in my opinion. Almost all the evils came from there. The psychopath serial murder, and the way they use the some passages and script from the bible from there and twist it to their own meaning.. 

Ah... yes, yes, there's the new life church. But I guess I never consider it a cult because it was more like baddies abusing their authorities in guise of religion and also hiding within the church. 

• Like 7

MTDzeiV.gif

@Chocolate since you’re crushing on Taec did you watch Bring It On Ghost & Save Me ? 
Also I wanted to show you this vid of SSK with JYB in Be Melodramatic. They had great chemistry even though he only came in the later half of the show . 
https://youtu.be/PYiklrgRYao 

Is that a movie @SilverMoonTea?

@TRaNz did you check out I Married an Anti Fan yet? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am