Havenites Dabang

Eid Mubarak to all those celebrating.

@MayanEcho I think you celebrate? @bairama as well. Hope you're doing ok.

It's a long weekend for me ...but with the 3rd lock down in Malaysia...I am just using the time to catch up on dramas . What has every one been up to?

@ktcjdrama oh I didn't realise that JTBC cancelled Law School.

@Darkarcana  Mouse did air right? But when will they air eps 20? Next week? How is that drama...20 eps is too long I think. 

@SilverMoonTea I actually started watching Seven Day Queen over a week ago. I am still on my Yeo Woo Jin phase LOL ...I never expected to like the show as much as I did. The love story is beautiful and sad at the same time , but squeezes your heart. But ya the storyline is very melodramatic. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1

Mon-Tues: Wedding Impossible  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom

5 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

@SilverMoonTea I actually started watching Seven Day Queen over a week ago. I am still on my Yeo Woo Jin phase LOL ...I never expected to like the show as much as I did. The love story is beautiful and sad at the same time , but squeezes your heart. But ya the storyline is very melodramatic. 

I actually like the cray cray king lols - played by Lee Dong Gun. I watched halfway only. Heard it's super makjang, and I'm not into torturing myself ahahahaa... So I runaway as usual.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

Hey thank you @abs-oluteM. Eid mubarak:heart: 

I can't be ok now, ended up celebrating the emptiness while eating my meat curry:pandasadspoon:

Quoting Darkarcana's : hella emotional today (and yesterday)

I'm still having energy to watch some dramas between rest time from works. But not yet for typing those into the space:cry:

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Sad 1
  • Party! 1

G O O D  V I B E S  

♪ click me below for my cw, edits, about 

d r a m a s a f f a i r . c a r r d . c o 

10 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

It looks nice . You don’t like it ? 

Of course I don't :scaredpanda2: She had such beautiful long hair before, every strand of her hair looked like it was made out of pure silk.  

4 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

i think @Dhakralike long hair girl lols

Absolutely! Long hair is always better! There are only very few exceptions! 

• Haha 2
3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Oooo you reminded me. This could be another drama I can binge today. :wow2:

YES! It's very binge-able, only 13 eps and about one hour each. I did 4 eps on Thursday and then 6 eps yesterday! It's a drama that will put you through the wringer of feelings - pain, squeals and confusion!

Who else haven't watch it? GO WATCH IT PLEASE!

Edited by Jane
  • Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1

@Jane @JenL Waaaa this is one sad love story. I've read some spoiler coz I can't wait LOL

Spoiler

So technically (if I understand the wikipedia timelines), Zi Wei goes to the future as Quan Sheng and they fell in love. She then travels back in the past to him... then because Quan Sheng died, so in the present time, the old Zi Wei is still alive but acting like a guardian angel just watching from the sideline because there's now a huge (age) gap between them. :wow2: Did I get this story right? Hahaha

I'm still confused why Mo Jun Jie ended up the way it is in the timeline (haven't read that far yet). :GrowDerp:

• Heart Eyes 3
On 5/2/2021 at 2:18 AM, mademoiselle said:

@JenL Oooh I will check out those links. Kimchi Hut is Korean food. They have the usual - jajiangmyun, fried chicken, samgyetang, bibimbap, kimchi jigae and Korean BBQ.

I sometimes forget about certain threads so some late replies:

Hmmm I have no idea where this Kimchi Hut is...I will need to go look around Glenny next time and see. I don't like Kimchi though so I think the name put me off even if I noticed it in the past! :laugh:

I probably need to clarify - my Soompi membership is ancient, so I have hit the Immortal rank (equivalent to the highest level here - which I haven't reached) when the reputation points reached 30,000. I was very active at one stage, and then became inactive then active again when Soju & et al. was doing the face-lifting. That's when I got to know @abs-oluteM @SilverMoonTea @Chocolate @SnowBlob @NiteWalker them all at the +/- thread. What about you?

Haha but still you were a very active member! On soompi, I think I was a lurker for years and then I joined like a decade ago? But I wouldn't say I was consistently active or knew people. I'd just talk on the drama threads I obsessed about and then when the drama ended I'd probably not log on again until I was really obsessed with something else. And then I think I spent most of my time on the Taiwanese threads mainly because I never use to add opinions and I couldn't translate Korean, so I felt I could add value by translating behind the scenes videos from Mandarin to English! :yayaya: 

I also avoided K-drama threads because I didn't like scary shipper wars, deluded shipper fans who pushed their ships onto you or those really crazy idol/ actor stans :lettalKWA:

But yeah, I was like this for years....I don't think I made any friends till lockdown when I met @Jane and @SilverMoonTea while watching Twogther and spazzing over Jasper/ LSG :laugh:

This tickles me. I LOL at your "I must write my long essay..." xD

Hahaha I'd rather be a chatterbox than an essay writer like me, but can't be helped! :idk:

Yeah I belatedly realise I do! I cannot actively avoid the shaman rituals since this is part of SK's culture and you never can tell whether they will appear or not however it is getting clearer to me now that cult religion (Save Me) and super gory killing psycho kind (The Guest, Stranger From Hell) are dramas I am likely unable to stomach no matter how hard I try again & again. 

True, Shaman rituals is not a genre so hard to avoid :thinking: I can't do gory psycho kind either. Gory is an absolute no no for me. I'll be lying in the dark thinking about the horrible images for a week! :psweatduck:

On 5/2/2021 at 2:58 AM, Tofu said:

@JenL - I think for Jasper, I'll try out Use For My Talent too. I didn't watch Twelve Legends because by the time English subs came out, I moved on. Plus, I'm not a huge fan of the female lead too. 

I ended up skipping 12 Legends too. Haha, I have wanted to be a Jasper fan through his Chinese dramas, but I find it hard...I'm gonna give Use for My Talent a go and then we'll hope he returns to familiar grounds again after his current Scientist drama :letalQQ:

On 5/2/2021 at 2:58 AM, Tofu said:

I have the longest list of completed dramas. :laugh: I completed 20 dramas, but I have to use "completed" loosely because some of them I watched the first two episodes, fast forwarded through the middle, and watched the last two episodes. I considered them completed because I still got the general set up, the angst, and the happy ending at the end. Haha! 

Hahaha this is cheating!!! But still even if I did this, I doubt I would have watched as many dramas as you @Tofu so I truly salute you!!! :BulbaOWO:

On 5/2/2021 at 3:17 AM, Dhakra said:

Talking about, I dropped dramas because of this with only two episodes left. 

I can't believe you've dropped dramas with only 2 episodes left :shocked2: 

I mean if I've invested the time to that point I'll continue so I can curse the drama properly if it's truly fallen off the rails :smile:

On 5/2/2021 at 8:36 AM, SnowBlob said:

@JenL the burger place is called Betty's Burger at the Glen. I really like it due to its crispiness :hearties: Hmm.. Cant remember the name..but if you re talking about the same the Japanese Izakaya i'm thinking about...that one isn't that nice. But we could be talking about a different one :heiboi: Come and watch Undercover if you're up for watching anything hahahahhahah

Hahaha oh I know Betty's Burgers - it's a chain from Queensland. They have one in the city too. The Japanese Izakaya is a new-ish one. I didn't even know it was there till recently, so you're quick with trying the new places at Glenny! But there's decent food in that area :SquirtleNiceAhah:

On 5/2/2021 at 12:12 PM, mademoiselle said:

I feel ya. I feel more energised when the posts are from people I know. But when I've to filter through all sorts of posts + trollings, my eyes start refusing to read them. Going there is supposed to help de-stress from daily life/have fun/talk about Oppa but when the fun is gone, I rather not visit the threads.

So true! I think I didn't post on Soompi as much when there were zealous fans who could get defensive. Like y'all need to chill :laugh:I just want to have fun conversations. 

On 5/2/2021 at 2:17 PM, mademoiselle said:

@SnowBlob

Cold Tofu is hardly adventurous. My most adventurous was ants, possum sausage and one fried bee (just trying out).

@SnowBlob @mademoiselle I've also tried possum and kangeroo! Scorpion, donkey and snails? Oh and haggis...those haggis wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Those are my weird things I've tried. :smile:

On 5/2/2021 at 3:19 PM, SnowBlob said:

@mademoiselle for sure ants...and fried bees arent the type of cuisine i'm willing to try. Period. :PsyWhat: let alone tarantula...that sounds really horrible...and a live one??? :PikaRIP: I never try anything funny seriously..

Scorpion tastes like fried prawn? :laugh: I tried it as a dare for money when I was in Beijing.

Edited by JenL
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

On 5/10/2021 at 11:50 PM, Jane said:

Hello everyone! It's been a really busy time so I haven't had much time to come on here. :mine: Thank you for remembering me and always tagging me in the threads. :Uwu:

This is me too...if you all just got 100+ likes, it was me catching up on messages from 2 weeks ago on this thread which sometimes goes really slowly and sometimes goes really quick. Too quick! :shocked2:

I'm behind on all my dramas. I think I'm currently only up to date with Sell Your Haunted House :psweatduck:

On 5/10/2021 at 11:50 PM, Jane said:

I don't know where is this conversation at at this point but are you really meeting? And obviously yes your grand meeting has to be at Macs or at least a stop on your foodie tour!

Hahahaha if we do meet I ban maccas :laugh: I think we got lazy with planning! But if we do meet one day at least we know our food options!

I'm forever meaning to check out this foodie thread and skincare thread here and contribute to it, but I've been really busy lately and can barely remember to write on all my drama threads :laugh:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

18 hours ago, Jane said:

@JenLI thought you would like to know I am currently watching Someday or One Day! Currently at Ep 9 since starting on Thursday, I am blazing through it!

YESSSSS!!!! I'm so happy you're watching this masterpiece!!! :heart::wow:

Do you love it? Are you in love with the main characters? And the music and the nostalgia?!

You got through this soooo quickly! I'm impressed!!! :hearties:

8 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Oooo you reminded me. This could be another drama I can binge today. :wow2:

Did you binge watch?!?! It's just such a good drama...you could do the whole thing in one sitting...it took me 2 weeks though since I watched 1 ep a night! :laugh:

5 hours ago, Jane said:

YES! It's very binge-able, only 13 eps and about one hour each. I did 4 eps on Thursday and then 6 eps yesterday! It's a drama that will put you through the wringer of feelings - pain, squeals and confusion!

Who else haven't watch it? GO WATCH IT PLEASE!

I see you have experienced the full SOODs experience :BulbaOWO::hearties: I caught it a month after it aired and I regretted not knowing about the series earlier so I could have been trying to solve the mystery...butttt I'm glad I watched as it was doing the festival/ award rounds - they had so many interviews that it felt like it was still airing!

2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

@Jane @JenL Waaaa this is one sad love story

Whoaaa yes, you got most of the story correct. The time travel is very back and forth and always one knows but the other doesn't know :letalQQ: And the separation through meddlesome people and time hurts. So many feelings while watching this...also MJJ's story is very very sad in the future timeline. But just watch and you'll see. Also there's a special 5 minute special episode you need to watch after you finish the series - it was a Thank You present from the creators. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I think Twogether is the funniest variety show I have watched my whole life lols @JenL. No one should watch this while :brb:

Use for My Talent, I supposed I need to promote it. But it's nowhere near to BWGM heyday. Well in some episodes, I did fangirling cos Jasper looks great. But it's fell flat for me. I really miss Jasper x Puff. 

Actually I found surprise that I like Bossam a lot. Jung Il Woo looked so rugged and haggard, yet I super enjoyed it. Some more its joseon era. Yuri, Il Woo and the child actor bonded so well. Ehm, I open ship thread too lols. 😅😆🤣

@abs-oluteMthis is the abs... lols :

https://www.instagram.com/reel/COj58ZFFOU6/?igshid=1qyw3ja7lak5i

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

4 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Actually I found surprise that I like Bossam a lot. Jung Il Woo looked so rugged and haggard, yet I super enjoyed it. Some more its joseon era. Yuri, Il Woo and the child actor bonded so well. Ehm, I open ship thread too lols. 😅😆🤣

@abs-oluteMthis is the abs... lols :

https://www.instagram.com/reel/COj58ZFFOU6/?igshid=1qyw3ja7lak5i

ahahahah, yes my dear ...I appreciate the hard sell with the abs. But I dunno la , the ML has not caught my eye . I am practically watching all the weekends series - Undercover, Taxi Driver , Dark Hole and Mine ...:pandawhat:...but okay let's see how long your excitement last. If reach mid point eps 10 , you're still on it I will make an effort to check it out. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Mon-Tues: Wedding Impossible  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom

@JenL Hahaha I see you have caught up with the posts here and saw my latest post. I am on episode 5 now, I think. Been bingeing since the afternoon. I've finished reading all the spoilers so I got the gist of it all now. I see why Kdramaland wants to remake this and I hope they do a good job with the plot.

Mo Jun Jie reminds me of Misty. Not sure if you had seen this.

Spoiler

In Misty, when FL was young, the guy who likes her went to jail for her. Likewise Jun Jie loves Yun Ru so much so that he was willing to cover up for her and ruin his own life. Sad.

By the way @JenL loophole?? MJJ hasn't been wearing his hearing aid but he has no trouble listening after he told her his situation xDDDDD

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

@Jane @JenL Waaaa this is one sad love story. I've read some spoiler coz I can't wait LOL

Darn I should have told you not to google for spoilers! But never mind, there is still enough surprises that will keep you on the edge of your seat! It's also funny and very sweet in several episodes. Have you started?

50 minutes ago, JenL said:

YESSSSS!!!! I'm so happy you're watching this masterpiece!!!

Do you love it? Are you in love with the main characters? And the music and the nostalgia?!

You got through this soooo quickly! I'm impressed!!! 

I LOVE IT! I LOVE ALL THE CHARACTERS. LZW is the most perfect male lead ever! HYX is so spunky (Alice is amazing here)! And MJJ deserves the world!

I am moving really fast because I am watching with a friend and we have a watch schedule, that's how. I just got done with Ep 10 and 11 (miscalc ystd) and it scared the bejeezus out of me. Like I had to hide behind a pillow at some parts. Ep 12 and 13 will be tomorrow night!

50 minutes ago, JenL said:

I see you have experienced the full SOODs experience. I caught it a month after it aired and I regretted not knowing about the series earlier so I could have been trying to solve the mystery...butttt I'm glad I watched as it was doing the festival/ award rounds - they had so many interviews that it felt like it was still airing!

I am thinking so hard after each episode about how the writers are conceptualising this! Even though my friend asked me not to because all will be explained. But I can't help it. I don't think I could have lasted during the live airing! I want answers!

1 hour ago, JenL said:

ut yeah, I was like this for years....I don't think I made any friends till lockdown when I met @Jane and @SilverMoonTea while watching Twogther and spazzing over Jasper/ LSG

@SilverMoonTea was the matchmaker here! And then I made sure to pull Jen over to JangHaven after it got started. Haha!

13 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

By the way @JenL loophole?? MJJ hasn't been wearing his hearing aid but he has no trouble listening after he told her his situation xDDDDD

I thought about this loophole too. But it seems like he can hear in one ear and he doesn't always need the hearing aid. I am not surprised you are up to Ep 5 already! You just want to keep going to find out!

Edited by Jane
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 2