Havenites Dabang

2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

@TRaNz Now I've to think about what to eat for dinner. I haven't gone shopping so no food in the fridge apart from stale bread, egg, lettuce and tomatoes. Imma don't want to eat cold salads or sandwiches! I forgot to bring my lunchbox home (I decided to have Macca).

I'm totally opposite of you. If the duration of wait for PT is short, then I think it's OK but here is not like Japan/Singapore, I've to wait 30 mins or 45 mins for a bus or train and freeze to death in winter - forget it! Plus taking PT means I've to get up even earlier. No deal. Not a morning person.

YEESSSS TO MACCAS !!!!! hahahahaha me just ruining people's diet one step at a timeeeee. :laugh:

ehhh...still sketch, coz like that short trip you decide to take PT could turn into an exposure site if someone gets on it. Well thats how I see it anyway. So im just like...nah dont risk it all together. Adding on that...my standard trip from home to the city is a bus and train, so total run time is between 1.5hr to 2hrs. LoL....yeah i spend close to 4 hours a day on just daily PT commute.

I liked all this because before covid became a thing, but now days its like...NOPE....no chance PT is banned hahahaha.

I too am amazed, like the last few weeks where im just walking from the carpark to the office and im freezing cold....i think back 2 years ago...i used to stand outside at a bus stop at 6:30am and still be alright listening to kpop. hahaha

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

-- Survives on Bubble Milk Tea, Burgers, Fries, Chicken Nuggets and Fried Chicken --

-- Currently watching: {not watching anything at the moment} --

26 minutes ago, TRaNz said:

yeah i spend close to 4 hours a day on just daily PT commute.

😬😵😱 I cannot. Lol, that's 4 hours of my kdrama time deducted! Plus it's so tiring travelling PT. Peak hours you can't even sit down and have to squeeze. You'll probably tell me you avoid peak hours next huh?

29 minutes ago, TRaNz said:

.i think back 2 years ago...i used to stand outside at a bus stop at 6:30am and still be alright listening to kpop. hahaha

LOL. Sign of aging 🤣 I used to wear open shoes in winter. Now? Nope...

• Haha 3
6 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

😬😵😱 I cannot. Lol, that's 4 hours of my kdrama time deducted! Plus it's so tiring travelling PT. Peak hours you can't even sit down and have to squeeze. You'll probably tell me you avoid peak hours next huh?

yeah it gets really packed during peakhour. but this is all pre covid talk. Now covid is around i have no idea what its like on PT....dont wanna know tbh. hahahahah

8 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

LOL. Sign of aging 🤣 I used to wear open shoes in winter. Now? Nope...

hahaha Covid has made as weaker/softer

I dont know what its like to wear corporate work clothes....hasnt been worn since mid march 2020. LOL

• Haha 4

-- Survives on Bubble Milk Tea, Burgers, Fries, Chicken Nuggets and Fried Chicken --

28 minutes ago, TRaNz said:

yeah it gets really packed during peakhour. but this is all pre covid talk. Now covid is around i have no idea what its like on PT....dont wanna know tbh.

Do you think you'll ever get back on PT? Like maybe after vaccination and 0 case in VIC?

29 minutes ago, TRaNz said:

I dont know what its like to wear corporate work clothes....hasnt been worn since mid march 2020.

True although I'm not complaining. I'm all for comfortable over pretty. It's a lot of laundry washing and ironing to dress nice.

• Haha 2
  • Awesome 1
1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

Do you think you'll ever get back on PT? Like maybe after vaccination and 0 case in VIC?

Yeah for sure I will. That day will come, just not anytime soon.

Itll be more of when the severity of the illness is lowered and how easier and safer it is to treat etc.

Then ill defs be back to PT.

1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

True although I'm not complaining. I'm all for comfortable over pretty. It's a lot of laundry washing and ironing to dress nice.

HAHAHAHA yeah im not really complaining either. I mean it was just nice when you wear corporate wear and then go out to dinner, because youre sort of already dressed for it.

I like the WFH wear too...basically dont even get changed for the whole day and the hair is like the biggest mess. Ive worn a cap in meetings too....ppl are like...why? and im like...hair looks like an out of control garden HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

**opens new packet of Cheezels..... :SquirtleNiceAhah:

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, Chocolate said:

I have been reading this. He sounds like a younger Harvey Weinstein.

The problem is, when you are arrested by the Chinese government, it's almost game over. Not many come back out as innocent.  The system is so opaque. And apparently it is death penalty for rape/sex with minor. The government is pro citizens and they will not hesitate to make an example of him (although they may not execute him).

I think he's going to have a tough time.

I am not completely familiar with his case, I just read that he forced/abused underaged girls to have sex with them, promising them stuff in the entertainment industry? Yeah, sounds totally like Weinstein. Just disgusting. I support any kind of punishment. 

Really? Is it so hard in China? Death penalty? I didn't even know it exists in China. Doesn't surprise me either though. 

Well, I hope he DOES have a hard time. There is no excuse for treating young girls like that, or any kind of women. 

3 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

@Dhakra@ChocolateI think it will be tough for Kris Wu. Imagine someone who's been living luxuriously, then suddenly need to stay in prison hotel.

That day I talked to @Tofu, she said rather than death penalty, living rotten for long time in jail is harsher punishment. I'm kind of agree. 

KW's face kind of giving bad feeling, I never been a fans. But the extend of his crime is quite shocking. 

Oh, I hope it's tough. 

In Germany we would say "wie man sich bettet so liegt man". It means your bed of choice is responsible how you wake up. He chose his criminal path, so it's also him who has to deal with the consequences. Raping girls is the the most cruel crime out there, so I don't have any pity for him.

Death would be the "easy" way out, living a life in prison and losing everything he had, would destroy him. The same way he destroyed underaged girls. 

3 hours ago, Chocolate said:

I agree too. That's why the high risk ones are kept on suicide watch so they are alive to face punishment.

Watching all these prison dramas, don't you agree the Korean prison seems quite "luxurious" compared to other countries? They have a room shared by 6 people with a bathroom with door.

Really? You think korean prisons seem luxurious? Don't they sleep/live on the floor with up to six people? I don't know how chinese prisons are, but for me, I wouldn't call it luxurious. I think german prisons are actually better aswell, although I never saw one from within. 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 3
22 hours ago, SnowBlob said:

I never own an iPhone...would love to one day.. And i also never own a Samsung.. Ahahhahhaha

I've only used an iPad. It was enough to try out the iOS. Still prefer Android. I didn't want to go for Samsung either. But HTC has not produced any decent phones so I've no choice but to turn to Samsung. There is really not as many choices as we used to.

What brand are you using @SnowBlob and @TRaNz?

11 hours ago, TRaNz said:

HAHAHAHA yeah im not really complaining either. I mean it was just nice when you wear corporate wear and then go out to dinner, because youre sort of already dressed for it.

I like the WFH wear too...basically dont even get changed for the whole day and the hair is like the biggest mess. Ive worn a cap in meetings too....ppl are like...why? and im like...hair looks like an out of control garden HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I guess it's because you're working in the city so it's easy to pick a nice place to have dinner. For me it'd be extra effort to travel so I don't usually agree to weeknights to catch up (I'm too tired to want to see people).

Yes! That's what I like about WFH. Get up at 7:55 am and login 8 am to show I'm there but in reality I'm brushing my teeth, washing my face and making breakfast xDDDD and in my home clothes/PJ - feeling all warm with either the fan heater warming my feet (like now) or the central heating on. So nice, unlike at work, you can't adjust the temperature to your liking coz others will complain and many more. It really is a 50/50 thing for WFH vs WFO.

• Haha 4
4 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

What brand are you using @SnowBlob and @TRaNz?

I have been using Samsung for like a VERY long time. Dunno why, just have and like it. haha

6 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

feeling all warm with either the fan heater warming my feet (like now) or the central heating on

AHAHAHHA me 100%

Woke up dis morning...we've gone up to 29 new caes for today.....how....like seriously....how the ........

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Shocked 1

1 minute ago, mademoiselle said:

Yes! That's what I like about WFH. Get up at 7:55 am and login 8 am to show I'm there but in reality I'm brushing my teeth, washing my face and making breakfast xDDDD and in my home 

Lols glad to know im not alone. I was better last year wake up an hour prior work time. But these days yeah 5 mins before official office time start is already good haha...  

@Chocolatethats why I say 2 days wfo, 3 days wfh haha. One more thing, I have not commuting for long time. So I can imagine my body need to adjust, and with all those walking to office I will be exhausted & drained by the time I'm home. (Will be no oppa fangirling a while). But the good thing when I'm super tired, I sleep better. With this wfh, I often have insomnia 🥲

8 hours ago, Dhakra said:

Raping girls is the the most cruel crime out there, so I don't have any pity for him.

So well said. I also think rape is worst than murder. The victim need to live with that scar her whole life. So KW shouldn't take easy way out to suicide. They should monitor him. 

• Like 4

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

@TRaNz Samsung is overprice now though, like iPhone :PikaRIP:

@SilverMoonTea Hahaha 1 hour prior work time? What for? I'm not a morning person so I'd sleep for as long as I can get if I'm WFH. It's WFO I've not choice but to wake up early. I also hear some people would try to dress up a bit while WFH so that it feels like you're working, and I thought "siao liao" - nothing better to do kah? I don't have a maid to wash my laundry!

58 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

But the good thing when I'm super tired, I sleep better. With this wfh, I often have insomnia

True. Last night I konked out after 10pm before 12am. Usually I would want to stay up for as long as I can because I couldn't on work nights. I did sleep better too. Insomnia - only when I've something bugging me on my mind - like work stress etc.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
1 minute ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Collecting my brain & my soul? They're scattered, traumatized and all over the place if forced to wake up early (not morning person either). :laugh:Take breakfast if im in the mood lols. 

These days I collect my brain & soul while driving to work. I arrive work not having to be fully awake. Once I stopped by the petrol station, fill the tank, pay the cashier and walk out of the station to my car. Then colleague told me he said hi to me at the cashier and I walk past him without looking. Until this day I still wonder if it was a lie. :laugh:

Another day was after work, driving home. Somehow the car in front of me stuck her head out and berated at me. I was all, "What did I do???" Seriously I was just so glad to be going home and mind is not paying attention to anything. I only remember I sped on that road over the speed limit because I was just heavy on the accelerator and somehow gotten too close to the car who merged and got in front of me. Later I realised it and slowed down. But she somehow thought I did it on purpose and gave me the finger salute lol. I even though she was giving it to the car beside her because that car was i front of us and was going too slow.

@TRaNz I'm hungry. What's lunch for you?

• Haha 3
  • Tasty 1
6 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Hahahaha I'm done with my nap. :EeveeBye: I should go out to replenish my fridge with food...

i ended up having a nap at 5pm...probably NOT the smartest idea coz ill be awake till like 4am HAHAHAHAHAHHA :laugh:

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

So well said. I also think rape is worst than murder. The victim need to live with that scar her whole life. So KW shouldn't take easy way out to suicide. They should monitor him. 

It's because murder is fatal and just ends things.
But rape includes humiliation, severe psychological damage for a life-time and destroys lifes.  

11 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

@TRaNz Samsung is overprice now though, like iPhone :PikaRIP:

And still I buy it blindly every couple of years again.:pandablind: I tried Huawei though, was a decent alternative for quite a good time. 

• Clapping Hands 3
10 hours ago, TRaNz said:

I have just ordered a pizza for me and lil bro.....its 12:30am...muahahahahahahaha

LOL, like Dan said, it's breakfast.

10 hours ago, Dhakra said:

And still I buy it blindly every couple of years again.:pandablind: I tried Huawei though, was a decent alternative for quite a good time. 

I'm aiming to use mine for 2-3 years or until the battery no longer can sustain. Agree Huawei is good, sigh... but unfortunately politics have to get in the way so Huawei is out of the question now.

• Haha 3
18 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

LOL, like Dan said, it's breakfast.

HoMG you remembered that quote from the kdrama ahahaha  :laugh::duckhearts:\

Its sooo fitting hahahaha nnicceeeee :pandahappy:

I've only decided to wake up now....almost lunchtime....but im lazy at the same time. Its like you feel sleepy but know you should get up but dont want to......LOL

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, TRaNz said:

I've only decided to wake up now....almost lunchtime....but im lazy at the same time. Its like you feel sleepy but know you should get up but dont want to.

That's me everyday...

1 hour ago, TRaNz said:

oMG you remembered that quote from the kdrama ahahaha

LOLLLL how can I not? It such a great line!

38 minutes ago, bairama said:

couch potato

Cannot be couch potato today unfortunately. Need to prep lunchboxes for work next week :cry:

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

@TRaNz @JenL @SnowBlob

New clinics to offer AstraZeneca vaccine to 18-39 year olds

Mr Andrews has announced a new development in the vaccination rollout.
From tomorrow, 50 new state clinics offering vaccinations will be opened. Nine of those clinics will offer the Astra Zeneca vaccine to 18-39-year-olds.

https://www.9news.com.au/national/victoria-covid-update-sunday-august-8/f9b945dd-0fb9-42e7-992f-6a3416f94e21

... but ... but... who dares to go for AZ?!

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Shocked 1