Havenites Dabang

12 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Gosh it’s been such a crazy busy week . Think I’m behind on many of my dramas again . Lol . 
How’s everyone? 

You can catch up with dramas but not with the resting time.. Take a little break to rest, because if you fell sick, you can't watch the drama (speaking from experience, got sick on weekend because forced my tired body to still fulfil my drama quotas for the day :PikaRIP: and suffered the whole weekend on bed back then)

@im0202 Oh no, I wish him a speedy recovery. Hopefully he will recover soon. I also heard the news that the cases in SG is increasing rapidly. Wish other SG havenites that I knew is also doing well despite the raising cases. @Chocolate @Jane @SilverMoonTea 

@mademoiselle I myself is also weak against those initials. Shortening the drama name with their first word, especially for the english title is confusing and feels like a hard quiz to me. :BulbaConfused: I prefer to just make it shorten or sometimes use the romanized of Korean title  

Hopefully everyone is staying safe and healthy.. I can't believe saturday is almost over and soon it will be sunday and monday again ?! :cry: 

• Like 5
  • Heart Eyes 2

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

4 minutes ago, LaLa said:

Hopefully everyone is staying safe and healthy.. I can't believe saturday is almost over and soon it will be sunday and monday again ?!

:cry: I'm sad too...

4 minutes ago, LaLa said:

I myself is also weak against those initials.

Yeah, I'm terrible with abbreviated titles and names. I find myself spending some time figuring out which character it is each time I read posts. It gets more confusing if I'm watching many dramas at a time (and haven't got around to remember everyone's names). Like HP, I've watched 2 seasons now and can barely remember the names of the doctors and residents other than 99 & their respective partners.

I've been trying to learn internet slangs (Chinese) for the past two days. I'm just not sure I'll remember them all. :psweatduck:

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

@mademoiselle I actually keep having trouble remembering Hong Cheon Gi’s english title too cos it’s not related to the korean title at all since it’s titled after the main character😅 

Same problem with all the abbreviated names. Sometimes I just prefer to type them out in full, unless there’s a character limit like on birdapp haha.

@LaLa thanks! 
Saturday does seem to fly by... it’s the only day of the week I feel truly relaxed. Somehow monday blues seem to start on sunday, if that makes sense :laugh::nervous:

• Like 5
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

Yeah, I'm terrible with abbreviated titles and names. I find myself spending some time figuring out which character it is each time I read posts. It gets more confusing if I'm watching many dramas at a time (and haven't got around to remember everyone's names)

Seconded this.. Back then, when I was lurking around in a fast paced thread I would be confuse when they mentioned the characters name using the initial only. Because characters initial could be the same when their actual name is different from one to another. For example, KJH it could stand for many variations of name! Kang Jae Hyun, Kim Jae Hyun, Kang Ji Hoo, Kim Jae Han, Kim Ji Hyun, Kang Ji Hye etc etc How could I differentiate it between man and woman when the characters have same letters initial?? :PikaRIP:

Like in Hosplay for example SH could stand for Song Hwa and Seok Hyeong, while JW could stand for Jeong Won and Jun Wan. That's why at the beginning stage for Hosplay on season 1, I pretty much insisted to use their family name if I want to shorten their characters name. 

Drama title is another tricky part. Sometimes the Korean title and English title didn't have any connection and hard to figure it out. Especially drama with long tittle hahaha I swear what comes to the mind of the writers naming their drama so long? :psweatduck:

Wow Chinese Internet Slang? Amazing! sometimes I would even lost in English internet slang lol. 

30 minutes ago, im0202 said:

Saturday does seem to fly by... it’s the only day of the week I feel truly relaxed. Somehow monday blues seem to start on sunday, if that makes sense

For me the blues are already crawling in when it's Saturday evening.. Like I can't believe how fast the sun is already setting. I couldn't believe times flies so fast when I barely moving from my bed or being a couch potato :nya: On Sunday, I would be very sensitive if I have to spend my time doing other things that I don't want to but consume a lot of time, because it means my sunday break is getting shorter!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

24 minutes ago, LaLa said:

Drama title is another tricky part. Sometimes the Korean title and English title didn't have any connection and hard to figure it out

I think KBSWORLD changes the Korean name as in Be my Dream Family, or Home for Summer, I remember in the later, Summer 여름아 was referring to the child's name. The Korean title of the drama was 여름아 부탁해. 여름아 had a double meaning.

Edited by Nohamahmoud2002
  • Like 3
  • Insightful 1

@im0202 I think Hong Cheon Ki's name is tied to the story. Because "Cheon Ki" translates to Hanja/Chinese as "天機" which in Chinese means "secret of God's design". For example the fate/destiny of people's future is not meant to be disclosed and only God knows. Since Korean and Chinese share similar culture, I think Hanja's Cheon Ki means the same as Chinese's Tian Ji. In this aspect, I don't think the English titles "Red Sky" or "Lovers of the Red Sky" captured the essence of the meaning behind the name Hong Cheon Ki. At least I don't think there is...? Cheon Ki's birth/existence holds the secret to the end of Ma Wang. Coincidentally, Haram is an Imperial astronomer who reads the sky and make predictions.

@LaLa Hahaha yes! I totally know what you mean with the Korean names. For Hospital Playlist, it was definitely hard to differentiate with the initials like you have pointed out. I did see people do it like JWan and JWon to show a difference. LOL.

I join you in having the Blues. Can't believe it's Monday soon. I hate this!! :scaredpanda2:

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2
On 10/3/2021 at 12:05 AM, LaLa said:

Like in Hosplay for example SH could stand for Song Hwa and Seok Hyeong, while JW could stand for Jeong Won and Jun Wan. That's why at the beginning stage for Hosplay on season 1, I pretty much insisted to use their family name if I want to shorten their characters name

Oh gosh this is so true. I had such a hard time trying to guess what everyone was referring to. So for Jeong Won I would rather call him Andrea. LOL

@im0202how are you and how's your fiancé? Has he been moved to a quarantine centre yet?

On 10/3/2021 at 1:13 PM, Tofu said:

Coffee drinkers, which one is your coffee? :smug:

Is A1 even coffee? Looks like milk..

I don't drink coffee though. Partly cause I cannot stomach it - too acidic. Also cause I love tea instead.  All sorts . 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

3 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

im0202how are you and how's your fiancé? Has he been moved to a quarantine centre yet?

Thanks for asking! Yes he’s recovering well and was moved to one on Saturday. Just for my own peace of mind I did 2 ART tests on separate days and both turned out negative. But so far received no quarantine orders😅 Only his household members have got to self-quarantine.

For now I’m praying he won’t have any long-lasting adverse health effects...

Another bad news is our primary schools may be extending home-based learning :letalQQ:

I really dislike having to teach young kids on Zoom it’s tough😩 And I miss face to face interaction with my class too...

Edited by im0202
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

@Darkarcana I give you the first one...bahaha I will only solve the 2nd one if my line of thought is correct.

Spoiler

Is it Helen ? She has  $47.80?

3 hours ago, im0202 said:

really dislike having to teach young kids on Zoom it’s tough😩 And I miss face to face interaction with my class too...

I can imagine how hard this is. 

• Like 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

4 hours ago, im0202 said:

Thanks for asking! Yes he’s recovering well and was moved to one on Saturday. Just for my own peace of mind I did 2 ART tests on separate days and both turned out negative. But so far received no quarantine orders😅 Only his household members have got to self-quarantine.

For now I’m praying he won’t have any long-lasting adverse health effects...

Good to hear. I'm curious. Which CCF was he allocated?

• Like 3