1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

Omg...can even drink wine together...she really let her guard down too much.

What? Was she supposedly an angel in her past life? I cannot believe after what she witnessed herself that night she is still so friendly with her. Is there no other capable tutor available?? You would think that this kind of family will be more stringent in selecting a live-in employee...

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Haha 3

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

I like this drama! Episode 1 was better than expected. It's got pomp, the estate/interior is lovely and the clothes are fabulous!

First thoughts:

Plot looks interesting. There will be a death. There is a nun - wonder how she fits in. The 2 leads seem to have a respectful and harmonious relationship, for now. There is a sister who is trying to get power, but doesn't seem to have the brains to do so. The production quality seems good, not tacky. The only one with exaggerated acting is the matriarch.

Jung Seo-Hyun (Kim Seo-Hyung)

She's sharp and capable. For now, it does not look like she's grasping for power, but is instead advising her husband to at least make an effort to contribute or change the tide. But it also looks like she has a vulnerable/fragile side. Meantime, her husband has tons of scratch and win cards 😂

dvdWE3K.png

Seo Hi-Soo (Lee Bo-Young)

She's kind and naive beyond belief. But we can see she is also firm in what she believes in. It should be interesting to see how she protects herself and her family once she discovers the tutor has ill-intentions. She also has humour lol.

gwsHxoJ.png

Kang Ja-Kyeong (tutor)

Woah she's sinister. And seems a bit psychotic. She's obviously a mistress of someone as she is carrying branded umbrellas and handbags. I wonder if she already has a thing going with Hi-Soo's husband - there were quite a few suspicious looks between them.

Kim Yu-Yeon (maid)

She's cinderella! She seems like a nice girl from a poor family. I hope the oldest grandson has spine and her fairytale comes true.

• Clapping Hands 3
4 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

Meantime, her husband has tons of scratch and win cards 😂

IKR...:laugh:...I thought there was a bit of satire or perhaps irony to it. You would think that given their wealth, he'd have no need for this. But I suppose he has no control over his wealth or money (if he has any that is ) and that he is too lazy to work and make something of himself. So this is his easy way out. 

---------

Seriously should get rid of the tutor  - Preview eps 3. 

• Like 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

4 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

IKR......I thought there was a bit of satire or perhaps irony to it. You would think that given their wealth, he'd have no need for this. But I suppose he has no control over his wealth or money (if he has any that is ) and that he is too lazy to work and make something of himself. So this is his easy way out. 

He should just ask his mother for it. His lottery pot is 500M won. His mother lost 650M won playing online games 😂

baBan1R.png

• Haha 3
16 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

I wonder if she already has a thing going with Hi-Soo's husband - there were quite a few suspicious looks between them.

Good point. I never thought about this possibility, because it seems to me that he genuinely loves HeeSoo. I mean, being a widowed rich man, he didn’t really have to remarry and can fool around if he wants to? Also, what’s there to like about the tutor when compared to the warmth of HeeSoo. So I am guessing he (and most probably the son HaJoon) is going to be manipulated and bought over by the tutor. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Omo, omo... I think @Chocolate might be right in that Ji Yong is already well acquainted with Tutor. The last scene of ep.2 was of the two of them meeting at the narrow hallway and walked past each other with shoulders slightly bumping and she brushed her fingers on his 😱 and earlier we have a scene of JY riding a horse then another female approaching him on a horse as well (face obscured) and she mentioned before to Hee Soo that she does horseback riding in the past. Then she also presented herself to Grandma, who was rather shaken to see her, like she knows who she is. My wild guess at this point is, Tutor is the birth mother of Ha Joon! Because we have a scene of the maids discussing whether it is true that Ha Joon’s mother died in an accident. 

So in ep.1 we have wine throwing, this episode we have bread (cream buns to be exact) being hurled and then chinas being smashed 😅 If they keep this up, I might consider checking out from Cadenza. Pls not too much OTT behaviors. Interestingly, the three perpetrators of these are mother and children (Grandma, Jin Ho and Jin Hee) 😅

Btw, the dead body we saw in first episode, judging from the hands shown, I am pretty sure the person is not Jung Seo Hyun nor Tutor Kang. Their knuckles are rather big and bony fingers, whereas the hands we are shown are not like that. And this episode we are also told by Sister Emma narration that there were two bodies 😓

On to Hee Soo... she really is a super positive and kind person. It is shown what some of her values in life are and that she tried hard not to lose her real self in the midst of this “dysfunctional” family. And they actually started to show us that these two DILs aren’t exactly the best of friends who trust each other unconditionally or will always have each other’s back. And... JHS has a big shocking secret revealed to us. I will let you guys watch by yourselves. 

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Insightful 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

55 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

My wild guess at this point is, Tutor is the birth mother of Ha Joon!

😱 That never occurred to me but it is very possible! It could be the reason she is so concerned about Ha-joon. Frankly, the facial expressions of the tutor in this episode was a bit eerie. She looked a bit mad sometimes. Could she have had a psychiatric breakdown? Why did they not marry if they had a son/Why did they break up? Ji-yong is obviously her great love. And why did Ji-yong not say anything to Hi-soo when the tutor was first hired?

Mother Emma, I think, is probably a key figure. She ta-bao the tea from the house and put the pastry into her BIRKIN bag 😂🤣

054fRd6.png

@Dhakra @SnowBlob are you watching?

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
9 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Mother Emma, I think, is probably a key figure. She ta-bao the tea from the house and put the pastry into her BIRKIN bag

I noticed the bag too! so I am guessing she used to be in a chaebol family, based on what she said about the rich. And she is the narrator of the story. Or, the bag is just a gift. 

Ha Joon’s birth mother supposedly died in an accident when he was 18 mo.old. At least that’s what Hee Soo was told and believed. 

@SnowBlob the show does have its makjangness. But so far only throwing stuff without care about the cost, still tolerable for me. 

• Haha 4

MTDzeiV.gif

Wow what an eps! So many revelations. But 1st off ...I feel so much pain every time they throw some plate or vase.  I agree that that is really the only so called makjang thing about this show.  Other than that , I find this a very interesting drama especially with how the information about the characters is revealed. Feels like a murder mystery with an opulent setting. 

So something doesn't add up. In the scene with the reporter , Hi Soo said she raised the boy for 6 years and the kid is now 8. His birth mum died when he was 18 months. (Of course the speculation is that tutor JK is the birth mum.) But shouldn't alarm bells ring for Hi Soo then ?  So in the 6 months she fell in love & married him Ji Yong. Isn't it strange that JY would be working in a book store in England when he had a son who is not quite 2 yet ? I hope some explanation will be given for this. 

Chronology aside , eps does hint that  JK could  be the birth mum and it is plausible given how much love & interest  she shows the child  whom she had just met . I am speculating that the old lady must have separated the tutor from Ji Young. JY seems in pain when she brushed her hand against him. Did the  old lady perhaps do something terrible to the tutor? She was so shocked and looks scared when the tutor approached .

And oh  I pity Seo Hyun - given the homophobia in  SK and  the sort of family she is from , there would be no way she can openly date her lover. She must feel suffocated. But it makes sense now why she would not mind marrying that useless husband of hers. It is after all a marriage of convenience.  As to her step son Soo Hyeok , it is interesting that the father says his birth mum abandoned them . But the maids , while picking up the broken glasses said Soo Hyeok was the one who was not allowed to see her. Or am I interpreting this wrongly? 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

This guy ...actually I have trauma from his character in She Would Never Know. I hope he can remain a decent chap here

He did a pictorial for 1st Look and some excerpts from his interview

https://newsis.com/view/?id=NISX20210511_0001436631&cID=10601&pID=10600

In subsequent interviews, Lee Hyun-wook mentioned Lee Bo-young, who appears with him as a couple in the drama. He said, "There are many things I'm sorry for. Since I am single and have no children, there are times when I lack expression in the setting of a husband and wife," he added.

"She has great acting skills and she  gives me a lot of consideration so that I can concentrate more easily, but I'm just busy learning. And every time I see it, I think it's unrealistic. One of the best actors I've ever seen on TV is in front of me acting with me as a  couple! I think I've succeeded a little bit! " Lee said. "I'm grateful for my senior Lee Bo-young."

What did he pay most attention to while playing Han Ji-yong, the heir to the chaebol family? "To give reality, I studied various aspects surrounding Han Ji-yong, such as costumes and hobbies in the drama," he said.

NISI20210511_0000744028_web.jpg?rnd=2021

NISI20210511_0000744026_web.jpg?rnd=2021

NISI20210511_0000744027_web.jpg?rnd=2021

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

My mum watched eps 3 just now , and apparently there are more hints that the boy is tutor's son. I was too busy watching Lee Je Hoon's heaven :smug:, that I have not caught any other weekend shows.

The preview sees Hee Soo becoming suspicious of tutor & the hubs..

• Like 3

Hmmm the tutor is the birth mum considering her emotional outbursts slapping Ha Joon’s friend’s mum . But still she gives me the creeps  with regards to her mental state. I’m glad Hee Soo is not disregarding the red flags & is doing something pro-active -  seems like she will ask her to leave in the preview.

But of course , for story sake it isn’t going to happen that soon. Plus the tutor did the old lady a favour - apparently she got the oldest son chosen as the acting chairman / CEO. And in the brothers' conversation in front of the peacock cage , older bro Jin Ho asked Ji Yong why the latter gave up the position to him, and Ji Yong said it’s the bro’s place FOR NOW . Wahh that’s darn  cryptic. Could tutor & JY have a long term plan of taking over ? So what  I’m implying is that JY had a hand in bringing her in to the household somehow . They could have been very in love but were forced to separate. We know Ha Joon was also born out of wedlock. 

Seo Hyun & Hee Soo are actually on the same side in this crazy family. Both are outsiders but have similar situations raising sons not their own. Both have some sort of standing in the family - SH is super rich & HS was an award winning actress.  So in that sense they aren’t typical daughter-in- laws who have to Kow tow to their in laws. You can see they have quite a bit of say in the family . In fact the old lady & bread throwing sis are quite powerless and stupid . 

Cinderella love line btwn young heir & maid has an interesting tension to it and strangely pure and innocent. At the moment anyway. Young maid has a spine & could not be bought over by Seo Hyun’s money.  SH had wanted her to be the spy , but the young girl refused at the end 

• Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

Hello "Mine" lovers :love:

I was initially hesitant to start watching this drama while it's on-air because of its writernim Baek. I was "badly burned" by her My Love Eun Dong drama's final couple of episodes some years ago (though it was still a good watch). I wanted to start only after knowing how she'd end this drama. However, since I'm a huge fan of both the lady leads, LBY and KSH, and my curiosity got the better of me, I started watching it when it premiered. I've just completed ep 3 and so far, I'm loving it, though I'm cautious about loving it too much because of MLED's experience lol.

I've much to say but I also want to get on with catching up with Undercover first. Join us at that thread if you are also watching it.

For now, I'm struck by the beginning of ep 1 (the mysterious death! which gave me a flashback of The Penthouse lol), the ending of ep 2 (that revelation! whoa! are Kdramas trending toward "boldness" with social issues like sexual orientation, divorces and affairs, etc?), and the ending of ep 3 where JSH is...

Spoiler

staring into that infamous painting across the hallway, and I think with Mother Emma's narration which foretells quite a bit. If I'm not wrong, Mother Emma talks about Hyowon family being tainted and transformed one by one, where "black" is tainting "white" and where "white" is being mixed with "black" until everyone is imperceptibly, silently, and unconsciously being transformed. I take it that "black" means evil and bad, while "white" means pure and good. As of now, I thought the two FLs are good people. Will they be tainted too?   

Be back to catch up with you all, and this thread. Happy Watching and Good Weekend! :wow:

6 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

wasn’t feeling too well

Aww... sorry to hear that. Have a speedy recovery! 

• Clapping Hands 3

Current Faves: Undercover & Mine & Bossam (Kdramas); The Handmaid's Tale (US Drama)l  

Watching: A Good Supper, Court Lady...  Waiting: Red Sky, Love (Season 2), Penthouse (Season 3)...  

18 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

My mum watched eps 3 just now , and apparently there are more hints that the boy is tutor's son. I was too busy watching Lee Je Hoon's heaven :smug:, that I have not caught any other weekend shows

I'm also quite sure the tutor is Ha Joon birth mother. For now my reasons are her unhealthy obsessions with Ha Joon, crossing the line while dealing with Ha Joon problems and giving multiple hints to Hee Soo about how she lacks as her role as the mother. 

Or if the show want to make another shocking twist, it's actually just a sick plan of Ji Yong and that fox so that they can be together while enjoying the wealth of Hyo Won group :lenny: 

Is move to heaven good @abs-oluteM? Several reviews that I read, many people cried. I'll try to watch that next weekend to avoid puffy eyes at work lol

6 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

In fact the old lady & bread throwing sis are quite powerless and stupid . 

Ugh when they're screaming and throwing tantrums over the cream bun incident, I have to decrease my volume because their voices were so annoying. I think they are just mostly act as the comedy relief. I prefer more screen time for Seo Hee Soo hahahaha

So far, I'm on Hee Soo team who is cheering for her happiness. That chaebol family could burn and I won't really care as long as Hee Soo could get out of that family soon. I wonder what make Hee Soo think Ha Joon as her world. It's not easy to raise someone's son with so much love. We can't really compare her love and Seo Hyun's love towards their stepsons because Seo Hyun hss another agenda on her own. Is she perhaps got diagnosed that she can't have a child on her own? Or she is just that sincere and really love Ha Joon as he is? :thinking:

@ktcjdramaI hope you get well soon :)

Edited by LaLa
  • Clapping Hands 3

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

@oppasaranghaeyo I think too that both the FLs here are decent folks - just that Seo Hyun is a lot more savvy and "strategic" dealing with this crazy family. Growing in a chaebol family herself , she is probably well-trained and doesn't push the boundaries openly the way that Hee Soo does at times. From the brief interactions that both daughter-in-laws had with the old man, I believe he likes them both. Seo Hyun could confide in him of her desire to do something meaningful building the multicultural complex , and it is clear he has a soft spot for Hee Soo. At the end , I hope both ladies will be able to free themselves from this family. Like @LaLa, I have not much pity for anyone else. Maybe kind of interested to see the choice of Soo Hyeok ...will he choose love over his family?

@LaLa Move To Heaven is a wonderful & meaningful drama. Watch it on the day  you don't have to meet anyone as your eyes will be very puffy. You can check the thread...I think all of us use a lot of tissue. 

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

Thanks @oppasaranghaeyo @LaLa Earlier in the day still not feeling very well but got better and better into the day. I am caught up with ep.3 now. 

So it’s pretty obvious now that Tutor is Ha Joon’s birth mother. All the clues are there. She is a bit psychotic though, so it’s difficult for me to root for her reunion with Ha Joon. Whereas for Hee Soo, o gosh, how heartbreaking would it be for her if Ha Joon chose Tutor over her 😓 I know he probably feels that inexplicable bond towards Tutor but surely Hee Soo has showered him with love all these times, so will he prefer Tutor to Hee Soo? Poor kid if he were made to face this truth and has to choose side 😓

I love how sensitive Hee Soo is about Ha Joon’s change of mood and her insistence to look into it by taking over Tutor’a job to see him off to school and then following him into the building. Would Tutor have done that? She’s been too obvious in stopping Hee Soo to spend more time with Ha Joon, and I am so glad Hee Soo is not a lazy mother who leaves it all to the tutor/nanny. Yeah, I feel like Kang is more like a nanny/governess instead of a tutor. Anyway, Kang has definitely overstepped her boundaries by slapping that mother of Ha Joon’s classmate 🙄 Stupid move, I’d say, to blow your cover. 

1 hour ago, LaLa said:

Is she perhaps got diagnosed that she can't have a child on her own? Or she is just that sincere and really love Ha Joon as he is? 

I’ve been wondering the same and guessing the same too. That she probably can’t have a child which is why we have not seen any additional siblings for Ha Joon. When Hee Soo said that she will endure anything for Ha Joon, I also kinda have a flashback to LBY’s role in the drama Mother, where she loves a kid not her own as her own. 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

MTDzeiV.gif

@ktcjdrama @LaLa I know the 3 of us watch Hi Bye Mama together. One thing that really bugged me here is the whole birth mum = real mum issue in this drama . HBM also addressed that , and is it really that shameful that you have no birth mum till the point you're shunned by your friends and not invited to parties? It seems like it is such a big issue for SKoreans. 

• Like 2

@ktcjdrama Hope you feel better soon.

8 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Seo Hyun & Hee Soo are actually on the same side in this crazy family. Both are outsiders but have similar situations raising sons not their own. Both have some sort of standing in the family - SH is super rich & HS was an award winning actress.  So in that sense they aren’t typical daughter-in- laws who have to Kow tow to their in laws. You can see they have quite a bit of say in the family . In fact the old lady & bread throwing sis are quite powerless and stupid . 

Yes to this! It's great to see the daughter-in-laws are not cowed and in fact hold their ground. I hate to watch those where the woman is long-suffering and cry in a corner. Sadly, from the press conference, it seems that Lee Bo-young and Kim Seo-hyung do not have many scenes together.

I don't really know what to make of Ji-yong and Tutor's relationship.

• I read some of your posts and it seems you think they are plotting to get back together. Though the actions so far do seem to point that way (assuming Tutor convinced JY to let the brother be acting Chairman, Tutor being the first to be informed of this announcement and JY telling Hi-soo that hiring Tutor was a great decision 🙄), my question would be if that was their intention, why the cloak and dagger? JY can just divorce Hi-soo, marry the Tutor, and Ha-joon would be legitimate. It doesn't harm their fight for the family fortune.
  • If JY really preferred to be with Tutor, I don't see why Hi-soo would want to "fight" for "mine". It's not hers to begin with. And she wouldn't want a husband who wanted another woman anyway.
  • And why are they are trying so hard to hide the fact that Ha-joon is not Hi-soo's real son. It's quite obvious to anyone who can count and all the servants know it (so it's not a secret). The longer it drags on, the worse it will harm Ha-joon. So Hi-soo's concern here seems misplaced.
  • I was also surprised that she was so concerned about Ji-yong not being acting Chairman - seems she is more "grasping" then Seo-hyun, even if she says it is for Ha-joon.
  • I like the pacing of the drama - at least we don't have to suffer weekly episodes screaming at Hi-soo to fire the Tutor - she has already caught on and threatened to fire her! Though she is a bit slow to take action - IRL, never hire the pretty ones, always hire the grandmotherly ones.

Seo-hyun's story is a little more "boring". Her father has died and left her an inheritance. What does she want/need from this household that makes her stay?

Btw, isn't this too cheap as a bribe/incentive? $1M won = USD880??? I also wouldn't spy for her 🤣

T3ENVTg.png

Edited by Chocolate
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1