38 minutes ago, movingwheel said:

it was SH supporting HS... but another highlight is why mother emma suddenly went to police ? The visit of HS to her looked suspicious to an extend as if she was there to understand her part in everything that hapenned ! 

@movingwheel  @ktcjdrama @abs-oluteM  It is very suspicious. HS asked Mother Emma “ DO YOU TRUST ME? “. < - -  Another reason why I also thought she didn’t have amnesia?? But then she mentioned she read her text messages.  
Mine ( Kdrama) is full of inconsistencies because remember she begged Mother Emma to stop JY. But did she asked another Emma has she always been in contact with JY??? When it clearly shows she already knew?? When she showed Mother Emma’s  what length JY would go through to get power. 

Another thing  I think Jung Seo Hyun maybe be in love with Hi Soo.  

I believe Soon-Hye regrets her lack of car to JY as he grew up. 
I hate the Chairman.  Look at how quickly he was able to burn the stuff of his precious love after JY died. 

• Like 3

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

@UnniSara, like  @movingwheel I didn't quite get any romantic vibes between the 2 sisters in law. Plus I believe that SH is still in love with her ex (the artist) and intends one day to go back to her. 

-----------------

Just wanted to say this  - Mother Emma, despite her vocation is human after all with her own secrets and lies. Even if you're a nun there are temptations and the material trappings that you might find hard to give up (remember her bags!) I can definitely accept that. I believe it troubled her very much about what happened to JY and the ugly truth about his real personality. Initially , before Sunday's episode I thought that there was a possibility that she may have lied about what she saw or perhaps may have remembered things wrongly - she could also be traumatized by what she witnessed. But then now, I am leaning more towards the fact that SY and HS are both responsible somehow for JY's death. 

BTS

• Like 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

@abs-oluteM @movingwheel I guess my imagination went wild there for a moment . abs-olutrM < - - I love your username by the way very creative but I don’t think SH and her ex will ever get back together because she can’t lose everything she has for her. 

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 3

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

@UnniSara i think the de facto of this drama is women power.... what women can achieve when they put their energy into something.... normally women are seen as opposed / jealous to each other's success however men have more synergy amongst them...

But here it is refreshing because women are joining hands to bring down evil...

• Clapping Hands 5

Currently watching

K-Drama :  

C-Drama :  Road Home

10 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

So who killed Han Ji Yong? So did Hee Soo fake her amnesia all this while or her memories have returned?

I somehow think they're gearing for SH to be the killer, which is sad because I don't want her to resort to that. I would be super disappointed if writer-nim make her the killer. Could be head-maid Jo also. As for amnesia, I still think she is faking it from the beginning, because she needs to protect SH? Not sure... One more episode, and still have no idea where it's going. That last scene of Hee Soo though... LBY is such a great actress!! :wow2:

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

13 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I somehow think they're gearing for SH to be the killer, which is sad because I don't want her to resort to that. I would be super disappointed if writer-nim make her the killer. Could be head-maid Jo also. As for amnesia, I still think she is faking it from the beginning, because she needs to protect SH? Not sure... One more episode, and still have no idea where it's going. That last scene of Hee Soo though... LBY is such a great actress!! :wow2:

I watch this late last night and what I have been lead to believe is that Hee Soo does not have amnesia. Yes, I agree it seems that the person that HS is trying to protect is SH which would not be something I want if that means that SH is the killer. My speculation -  maybe that there was a scuffle between HS and JY (JY trying to kill HS), SH trying to help use the extinguisher to hit him then he falls and pulls HS with him .

Have to say I laughed a lot at cream bun sister and her anger management . She finds out that her friend is her hubby's mistress. Actually it may not be such a bad thing. He is released from her and she doesn't have to look after him as well. It wasn't a great marriage to begin with.

What actually surprised me was that screechy mum was actually so affected by Ji Yong's death. I could understand the Chairman having genuine affections for JY since he was the lover's son and JY and him did get along. But I always thought the mum hated JY. 

Production team says the killer may be an unexpected person...trolling us ? 

The production team said, "Today, the truth of the Cadenza murder case is revealed. The culprit is a lot of people guessing, but it may be an unexpected person. So I hope you don't miss it until the end. 

https://newsis.com/view/?id=NISX20210627_0001490973&cID=10601&pID=10600

NISI20210627_0000775249_web.jpg?rnd=2021

• Like 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

Watching this now …..Oh gosh I’m laughing my head off . Jin Ho finally won the lottery but gave it to the new male steward . It’s his way of discovering self worth - since he has always been looked down as good for nothing :lol:  . And omo those Bible  study buddies gets a new handsome pastor . No one will be missing the sessions for sure ! 

• Haha 3

On 6/25/2021 at 11:32 AM, movingwheel said:

@UnniSara i think the de facto of this drama is women power.... what women can achieve when they put their energy into something.... normally women are seen as opposed / jealous to each other's success however men have more synergy amongst them...

But here it is refreshing because women are joining hands to bring down evil...

I couldn't agree more with your post.

Yes, this is what I got from the drama too. In the beginning, Hee Soo and Seo Hyun might have teamed up while facing Hye Jin and Hye JIn has to work alone to achieved her goals, but the moment Hee Soo had miscarriage, a misfortune that no one wants to happen, everything changed. Hye Jin acted like an evil person because she wished to be the mother to her son. She felt that Hee Soo has taken her rightful spot in her son life. Hee Soo just keeps protecting as she has been doing from the start because she didn't know the truth. Seo Hyun, the one with the most power among the two, choose to be on Hee Soo side because of their pure friendship and companion with each other as sister in law and family member. I really love their dynamics ever since they worked together.

Meanwhile the men of the house, Ji Yong and Jin Ho who were raised to be brothers since young never really care for each other. Jin Ho had no choice but to back down when he thought Ji Yong was his half brother. The moment he knew that they are not related, he wasn't afraid to do anything, enough to kill him. Ji Yong on the other hand knew about the truth and freely hate and antagonized Jin Ho so that he could achieve anything in the Han family. 

--------------------

I'm guessing by the time all the posters who will read this post probably has watched the final episode by now. I myself was thankful that I could watch the live so here is my final thoughts of the drama. I haven't posting much for the past 2 weeks (and only share live tweet while watching) because to be honest the back and forth style from the past to the present and to the past and back to present time was confusing. I almost pulled out some hair because of frustration that the production team really kept hiding the truth of that day and would only released the full scene at the final episode. But I have to say they really did a good job in executing it. It really makes the viewers speculated and tried to guess as much as we could from the very little hints they gave to us until the finale.

So, the true culprit behind Ji Yong and Hee Soo fall was Maid Joo. Well I did expected that she is the biggest culprit after I watched ep 15. She really not like herself and easy to be panic over every little things. The row she had with the greedy maid points out that she was hiding something big. I thought first that she witnessed the scene, but when she tried to flee and Seo Hyun caught her, I knew that she was the one who did it. 

In episode 16 we will see the full version of what happened on the day of incident. Seong Tae did indeed tried to kill Ji Yong with the dangerous substance, but I guess he wasn't that evil enough and let him out the bunker. If he didn't save him, Ji Yong could be really die because of the poisonous gas. Hee Soo was too kind that she ran from the party to Cadenza to save Ji Yong. She gave him the last chance to turn himself to the police or else she would send the video over but the moment she arrived, Ji Yong strangled her and really had the intent to kill her because he ruined his plan and life. He almost succeed if not for Maid Joo hit his head with the fire extinguisher from the back. Maid Joo purpose was to stop him but both of them were too close to the edge of balcony and they fell. Ji Yong hit his head before he reached the bottom and that was the fatal blow that led to his death.

Well... I kind of pitying him for dying that way, but when he was still alive and people who actually cares for him (Chairman, Emma and even Hee Soo) ask for him to repent and admit his mistakes, he was too arrogant and thought he was invincible as long as he had the money and power. May his soul rest in peace and even if he got the chance to be born again, he could be born in a good family and become a good man.

Hee Soo was really faking her amnesia. In ep 15 we saw that both Seo Hyun and Hee Soo were working hard to give very little answers and cooperation to the detective. Almost everyone who seemed to catch the little things of that incident were keeping silent and won't reveal what they knew to the detective. Hee Soo did all of that to protect Ha Joon. Since the beginning her love for Ha Joon are so big that she is willing to bet her life for him. She didn't want him to know that his father tried to kill her and got killed while trying that. She wanted him to just have a good memories of his father when he was alive. Seo Hyun tried to give a roundabout answer to protect Hee Soo. On the night she discovered them, she thought that Hee Soo might me the one who killed Ji Yong. She did see the strangled mark but the fire extinguisher and the fact there's only two of them (Maid Joo already fled from the scene), her suspicions about her are too big. She believed Hee Soo but all the evidence and circumstances might pointed out that Hee Soo were the culprit. Only when maid Joo confess that she knew the truth. 

This drama focus are about the women. How they achieve their goal and how powerful they are when they really want to.

Seo Hyun represents a powerful and smart woman. She really knew how to use her power wisely but still within the law and not for her own purpose. Her motto is to be responsible for her actions, that's why she really careful in doing everything. Her sexuality might be different but it didn't make her less than others. It might be a weakness but the moment she accept herself, she really soar to the higher place and become free. 

Hee Soo portrays that as a mother, she can do anything to protect her son. She might not be the one who gave birth to that son, but as she said in the trial, she has spent lots of time, tears, blood and sweat to raise Ha Joon as her own and to be a good person. She loves him with all her heart and will do anything in her power to protect him from the evil in the world. Even if she has to fight the birth father, the man whom she once loved. 

Hye Jin, her ultimate goal is to be on her son side. It's not wrong but the way she tried to achieve it at first was so wrong. She might be manipulated by Ji Yong or she didn't know better about how to achieve that. Seeing the pure interaction between Hee Soo and Ha Joon, she finally realized that she could no longer take the mother position from Hee Soo because by giving birth to him didn't make her automatically his mother. The person who raised and make Ha Joon as the person now is the mother. And she admits her defeat to Hee Soo. And by admitting that and after being sincere to both Hee Soo and Seo Hyun, the two women accept her to their circle and together they protect Ha Joon. In the end she achived her goals. She can stay by her son side, accepted as the birth mother while also raising him. 

Overall I'm satisfied with the drama and how it was done. Kim Seo Hyung and Lee Bo Young really gave us a splendid performance as their characters. How their gaze and words radiates power, how their sadness and fragile emotions made me feel bad and wanted to hug them. It's really amazing and I'm so glad both took the lead in this drama. Without them, I don't think the drama will be executed as great as this.

The other actors and actress also did a wonderful job. Even though I might hate Ji Yong and Hye Jin, the actor and actress really act so well to the point that I kept giving them bad nicknames and cursing them out LOL. To Madam Yang, who had to keep screaming out of her lungs, I hope the actress get enough rest of she will lost her voice. I won't forget her tone while calling for No Deok LOL.

To the Jin siblings, they really brings the comedy to the family. Without them the drama would be too dark hahaha...

Thanks to @abs-oluteM @ktcjdrama for accompanying me from the beginning of the series and until the end. Abs-M, thank you for allowing me flooding your twitter timeline with spoilers every weekend. 

@SilverMoonTea I think you probably won't finish watching this (kind of expected it) but I hope one day we will have another drama that we can watch together until the end. With the spoilers I shared in my twitter, I'm sure you would know about the end of drama. 

@SnowBlobHope that you will catch up until the end because the drama has ended now hahahaha. 

@Chocolate@mademoiselleI remember you were also watching this. Or have you dropped it? Well I guess when you see my mention, even if you dropped the drama, you will know about the mystery of the murderer from my post then. 

@UnniSara @movingwheel Sorry for not interacting much when both of you were posting during the weeks I was absent. I hope you were enjoying the drama as much as I do.

See you all in another thread~ (you will find me in Hospital Playlist for sure :P)

• Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 3

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

The finale episode was really good. The reveal was brilliant and tied up everything laid beforehand. At the beginning of the episodes I have an inkling that Jo has a big part on it, but just couldn’t imagine how. I just love how all the suspicions and speculations are all answered clearly in this episode. At the end, we see that everyone live happily ever after too with their portion. The true villain seems to be only Ji Yong, which is rather sad, I thought. A really sad and pitiful character. I worried for him when he was gasping for breath and thought that wasn’t fair for him to be murdered like that, but then he turned to try kill HS. One might argue he misunderstood her, but still, that murderous intent was there. 

I guess the only thing I dislike from the drama was the back and forth time line in the previous 2 episodes. And another one is what is the purpose of Yoo Yeon’s character? Although the “secret” romance with young master was one of the draws for me at the beginning, I thought it wasn’t written well. It seems to be something we can do without much emphasis at all. And how she turned out at the end... hm, not liking it. 

Be back with more thoughts coz I want to go catch my already subbed other drama first. 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 3

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

2 hours ago, LaLa said:

@Chocolate @mademoiselle I remember you were also watching this. Or have you dropped it?

I have been following faithfully, but haven't had time to write here.

I like this drama.  It is the kind of "family squabbling" drama that I love, but done in such a different way from the typical HK ones. I'm not sure how to describe it - it doesn't really go in-depth into any of the many storylines, and yet it's not superficial as well? And love the pace - there is suspense, reveal in the next episode, more suspense, more revelation... it's great that we don't have to wait and guess over many episodes. It did slow down a bit in some episodes in the 2nd half, but the ending was well done and satisfactory. A good production with great leads.

• Seo-hyun - She took over the Chairmanship, I think as a responsibility to the family and not something she was really vying for - her story was not about that. She was also the pillar of the family, a fair and reliable friend/family member. She was "freed" once she decided not to hide her lesbian relationship.
  • Hi-soo - Everything she does is for her son. It's sad how her marriage crumbled but she is strong and determined to start life anew. I still can't really wrap my head around the fact that she is the rightful "mother" but glad that she has allowed Hye-jin to share in Ha-joon's life and they are bringing him up together.
  • Han Ji-yong - He was the only villian and deserved his ending. Although I do feel a bit for him feeling inferior about not being a real son and not wanted by his mother. Quite good acting from this actor.
  • Jin-Ho - He is a comic character and his scenes were surprisingly entertaining. His life is improving - he has found his purpose in life as a house-husband; he is now no longer so lonely because he has a "bath" mate and he discovered his ex-brother-in-law is even more lonely lol! And he was believable when he "borrowed" Seo-hyun's love revelation to lie to the police - that scene was funny!
  • Soo-hyuk and Yu-yeon - This was a fail. The romance totally fizzled out and became non-consequential. Agree with @ktcjdrama that Yu-yeon as lady of the house was not likeable - but I think this is to do with how the actress acted the scene. It's natural that you'll want to get rid of a servant who is eyeing your husband (just like how we were screaming at Hi-soo to fire the tutor at the beginning), but YY acted all high and mighty just because she is the rich lady now - she could have put a better nuance to that scene. Afterall, we never got those vibes from Seo-hyun and Hi-soo.
  • Nodeok and the Woodpecker family - A hoot when the Grandma said the peacock was like her, having to raise a child not of the family!
  • Mother Emma - Her part turned out to be very anti-climatic. I don't get the part where she said she made a mistake telling Chairman that Kim Mi-ja was pregnant by her bethrothed. What mistake - even if she didn't say it, he would have found out eventually. And it's not like she destroyed Mi-ja and the Chairman's relationship - they still stayed together. Why did both she and the Chairman have to feel so sorry to Ji-yong? [Chairman should feel sorry because if he didn't like Mi-ja, she would probably have married her bethrothed and Ji-yong would have a normal family life.] And the way Mother Emma revealed her background to Hi-soo was so meh.
  • The Birkin Bag - Agatha the young nun put it online for FREEEEEEEEEEEE!
  • The beautiful house interior and the beautiful clothes!!!!! Makes me want to diet so I can go buy some lol.

2 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

@LaLaHaha.. i start this drama to make a deal with @Chocolate😅 Since she also ditch my drama, I don't continue this.

Haha, I was going to try your drama again once I had time, but then I saw something about episode 17 on twitter - thinking twice now that I know there's more than 16 episodes! 😅

This is the last drama that I am watching so nothing on my plate after this weekend! So freeing lol.

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
14 hours ago, Chocolate said:

The Birkin Bag - Agatha the young nun put it online for FREEEEEEEEEEEE!

IKR...it cracked me up. I was like …..

Don't worry @LaLa. I appreciated your spoilers on twitter. Sometimes I would read them again after I watch the episode to see if I got the jisc right

Overall I was happy with the ending. It wasn't rushed and they took the time to wrap things up. This show had women empowerment written all over it - or at least that was what it tried to portray. Funnily , though Ji Yong was the big villain, I also think that sometimes the women here could either be each others biggest supporter (just like how the sisters in law here were ) or worse enemies (cue all those crazy women from the Bible study group.)  The running theme also talked about a mother's love , and the drama wanted to clearly show that the lack of blood ties do not necessarily mean that you cannot be a great mum to the child that you raise. We always knew that Hee Soo's love for Ha Joon was immeasurable , going to the extent of taking blame for Ji Yong's death so that Ha Joon need not be traumatised by what JY did to HS. But the scene that touched me most was when Soo Hyuk thanked Seo Hyun with a gift and called her Omoni, and thanked her for raising him well. I was very glad at the end that neither of the sisters-in-law were responsible for JY's death. Even though the head maid was the one that hit his head, but he brought it upon himself. Karma, it is.

I love both the lead actresses,  and they did a great job here. I will also look out for Lee Hyun Wook who played Ji Yong - he's got charisma and can act.

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

@LaLa Ahaha, I'm actually not watching. I know bits and pieces because like Penthouse, a lot of posts about "Mine" dominate my timeline when it is airing a new episode. So I more or less are updated with the latest gossip although I'd say not as much as Penthouse. xD And when I'm curious of something I ask @abs-oluteM to fill in the blanks for me.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

The running theme also talked about a mother's love , and the drama wanted to clearly show that the lack of blood ties do not necessarily mean that you cannot be a great mum to the child that you raise.

One thing that surprised me was that loud grandma was the one most affected by Ji Yong’s death. Didn’t expect that. 

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

when Soo Hyuk thanked Seo Hyun with a gift and called her Omoni, and thanked her for raising him well.

A very classy necklace at that, which coincidentally already matches her earrings 😆

I super love that Tiffany set 😍 Can only dream about it hahaa...

• Haha 2

MTDzeiV.gif

sorry for being late to the party...office really takes all the energy..

The biggest point is there is no judgement between these three ladies.... all of them have made choices which are not to be proud of but these  three women don't judge each other....they still decide to support each other even when things are not morally correct in the eyes of society...

The biggest issue with women is we are too quick to judge.... Men make rules and women follow those rules and act as a flagbearer of those rules.... when a newly wed woman goes to her husband's house , the person she worries about the most is the mother-in-law. Why should there be such issues amongst women? just because there has been these issues , mother feels threatened that his son might love her daughter - in- law more. 

Now if these two women come together , there will be a complete synergy and happiness within family....but that does not happen... Here both the ladies are from completely different background , seo hyun was already from a chaebol family when she married the elder brother.... Hi-Soo is a  self made actress who has been looked down upon because of no such family background..! but yet they stood by each other , they loved each other dearly... that makes it different. and it in fact shows that what one can achieve if women of a family stand by each other rather than pulling each other down ! it was refreshing...totally.

@LaLa will join you in HP in a day or two.... caught up with quarter end ... i am watching it diligently but not getting time to actively participate in discussion...;)

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Currently watching

K-Drama :  

C-Drama :  Road Home