Some of the older news have a bit more info on the drama.

b30a94ef21b844dbbb0587b189197f42.jpeg?s=

Cracks begin to form in the two chaebol daughters-in-law’s seemingly perfect lives when two new faces—private tutor Kang Ja Kyung (played by Ok Ja Yeon) and young maid Kim Yoo Yeon (played by Jung Yi Seo)—enter the picture. Following the arrival of these two strangers, Seo Hee Seo and Jung Seo Hyun’s worlds are turned upside down in unpredictable ways.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1465804wpp/mine-writer-reveals-why-lee-bo-young-and-kim-seo-hyung-were-cast-as-ambitious-chaebol-wives-in-upcoming-tvn-drama

In a suspenseful new teaser for the upcoming drama, the two chaebol daughters-in-law’s seemingly perfect lives are threatened by an unexpected turn of events.

The clip begins by showing flashes of the two women’s glamorous and opulent lives, with Seo Hee Soo holding up a dress and asking cheerfully, “What do you think?” She also appears to be happily married to her husband Han Ji Yong (played by Lee Hyun Wook), whom she asks affectionately, “Darling, please hold me tight.” However, the ominous tone of voice in which Jung Seo Hyun asks, “It seems like a truly beautiful jungle here, doesn’t it?” hints at trouble ahead.

The teaser goes on to show Seo Hee Soo asking Jung Seo Hyun if she’s managed to find a private tutor, and Jung Seo Hyun replies, “Yes, I found someone really great.” But once she actually meets Kang Ja Kyung, the private tutor in question (played by Ok Ja Yeon), Seo Hee Soo begins to feel a strange sense of foreboding about the mysterious woman.

“That person, Kang Ja Kyung—there’s something suspicious about her,” she worries in voice-over. “She’s someone who gives me this intensely ominous feeling that she’s hiding an enormous secret.”

As unsettling glimpses of a distressed Seo Hee Soo, Jung Seo Hyun, and Han Ji Yong flash on screen, the captions read, “The things that I believed were mine have started to become twisted.” The clip ends with both Jung Seo Hyun and Seo Hee Soo looking shocked and upset as someone says coldly in voice-over, “I’m sorry, ma’am. From now on, I won’t touch your things.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1465945wpp/watch-lee-bo-young-and-kim-seo-hyung-are-shocked-as-they-fight-to-keep-whats-theirs-in-teaser-for-new-drama-mine

• Like 4

I wonder if the husbands are the cheating sort. I hope they can be more creative  or this will also be like Love Marriage Divorce @Chocolate @ktcjdrama 

The premise with the private tutor reminds me a bit of this woman centric drama ( by SBS ) I saw a few years ago called Secret Mother. It is about how this mysterious tutor hired by the chaebol family and it involved murder etc as well. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

Ohh!! It's that guy from Familiar Wife :PsyWhat: I'd like to see him playing a different character (he was playing sort of a moody-innocence type of guy in FW). That pic above..he's looking like a cold guy. 

• Like 3

Currently watching: 1night2days s4; Arashi's Diary: Voyage; The Great Escape S4; The Soldiers

Hmmm this drama is definitely going to be a little bit makjang.

The stills have that feel 

The tutor gives me the creeps - I am still thinking about her role in the Uncanny Counter

@SilverMoonTea are you gonna watch - since got forbidden type love line here? Ahem! 

• Haha 5

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

28 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Hmmm this drama is definitely going to be a little bit makjang.

The stills have that feel 

I hope it's the good quality type of makjang... something like Graceful Family.

Come to think of it, I've been thinking about the title "Mine"... sort of like petty girls or kids not willing to share but clutching on to something and declaring that this is "Mine~!" :laugh:

• Haha 4

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

@ktcjdrama Actually I am okay with makjang/ melodrama  if it is done well. Like Money Flower was pretty good.  This Soompi article gives good info. Hmm I have to say chaebol heir and maid storyline quite intriguing :smug:

https://www.soompi.com/article/1467616wpp/3-different-types-of-couples-entangled-in-the-same-chaebol-family-in-upcoming-drama-mine

3 Different Types Of Couples Entangled In The Same Chaebol Family In Upcoming Drama “Mine”

May 6, 2021
by E. Cha

tvN has shared a glimpse of the three very different couples that will be leading its upcoming drama “Mine”!

“Mine” is a new drama about strong and ambitious women who overcome society’s prejudices to discover what’s truly theirs. Lee Bo Young will star as Seo Hee Soo, a former A-list actress and the wife of the second son of the chaebol family behind Hyowon Group, while Kim Seo Hyung will star as Jung Seo Hyun, the elegant, blue-blooded wife of the Hyowon Group family’s eldest son.

Ahead of the drama’s premiere on May 8, “Mine” has teased three intriguing keywords that describe each of its core couples:

1. An unexpected crack

Lee-Bo-Young-Lee-Hyun-Wook.jpeg

Seo Hee Soo and her husband Han Ji Yong (played by Lee Hyun Wook), who seems likely to inherit Hyowon Group despite being the family’s second son, are a happily married couple that fell in love with each other at first sight. After giving up her career as a famous actress and becoming part of Han Ji Yong’s family, Seo Hee Soo even embraced his son Han Ha Joon as if he were her own child.

However, when Han Ha Joon’s new private tutor Kang Ja Kyung (played by Ok Ja Yeon) enters the picture, cracks begin to form in Seo Hee Soo’s seemingly perfect life. As the happiness that she believed was entirely hers threatens to fall apart, Seo Hee Soo winds up coming face-to-face with an unexpected truth.

2. Discordance

Park-Hyuk-Kwon-Kim-Seo-Hyung.jpeg

On the outside, Jung Seo Hyun and her husband Han Jin Ho (played by Park Hyuk Kwon) seem to have it all. A highly intelligent woman who was born with a silver spoon in her mouth, Jung Seo Hyun does everything she can to support her privileged husband, who boasts the coveted position of being the eldest son of a chaebol family.

On the inside, however, Han Jin Ho actually suffers from a severe inferiority complex when it comes to his younger brother, and Jung Seo Hyun has struggled to handle his insecurities and to ameliorate his seemingly irreparable image.

Additionally, while it appears as though Jung Seo Hyun has done a perfect job raising her son Han Soo Hyuk (played by VIXX’s N), there is no true love between the mother-son duo. Everything about the couple’s seemingly flawless life is a disguise built on the lies of high society, and the drama raises the suspenseful question of how much longer Jung Seo Hyun will be able to keep the charade going—and whether she and her husband are even on the same page.

3. Innocence

Jung-Yi-Seo-N1.jpeg

As the eldest grandson of the Hyowon Group family, Han Soo Hyuk comes from a world that is incompatible with that of Kim Yoo Yeon (played by Jung Yi Seo), the young maid who has recently started working in his household. When he returns home from studying abroad in the United States, the deeply jaded young heir—who apathetically goes about his life without any enthusiasm or zeal—is just about to accept the fate that has already been decided for him by his family when he meets the spirited Kim Yoo Yeon.

After they learn that they both suffer from insomnia, the two wind up growing closer and eventually turning to one another for emotional support, leading to a pure-hearted romance that is free of deceit.

“Mine” will premiere on May 8 at 9 p.m. KST. In the meantime, check out a teaser for the drama here!

• Like 3
  • Party! 1

I would never forget the grand funeral for a pet fish in Graceful Family. That was an eye-opener. :MonkaTang:

How everyone not NG for that scene is beyond me. I'd have rolled my eyes out of my socket for such script... lol.

@ktcjdrama You were so apt in describing about "Mine".

I was thinking the same as you. That probably everyone is gonna yell "It's mine!"

"No, mine!"

"Mine mine mine!"

• Haha 4
5 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Hmm I have to say chaebol heir and maid storyline quite intriguing

I will definitely be looking forward to this arc. You know I actually came across this drama because of VIXX N, and not the ladies, hahaa...

Can you just imagine how luxe the setting supposed to be, when even the maid is wearing red and black, instead of the usual boring white and black? :laugh:

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Haha 3

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

2 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

I will definitely be looking forward to this arc. You know I actually came across this drama because of VIXX N, and not the ladies, hahaa...

ahahaah...I had to google who they were. Your k pop knowledge is better than mine. Hmm must check out his works...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

ahahaah...I had to google who they were. Your k pop knowledge is better than mine. Hmm must check out his works...

Not really... only because I got to know him in Children of Nobody :smile: As I often tell my daughter, if the person acts, then I will know. If not, don't expect me to know who is who in Kpop.

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 3
  • Insightful 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Just came back from viewing pilot episode. Interesting first episode, although I am not sure yet if this is a keeper. The opulence feel is definitely there. This time, it’s not an Arowana as the family pet, but a peacock, though the name is not as classy as Picasso 😆 The buildings in their living estate are named Cadenza and Rubato. I also lost count on how many dresses we see in this one episode alone 😆

The episode opens with a death, a female dropped from higher floor inside the mansion, then we were brought back 60 days before the incident. The hands/fingers were shown clearly but I haven’t got the time and energy to go into investigative mode to speculate who the female could be. Very interesting set up of the family members ~ all the sons are born from a mistress. I am glad our female protagonists are in good supporting relationship (so far) maybe both being the DIL of the family. Then not long into the episode, the head of the family (their FIL) went into coma. 

More stuff from this episode:

- almost thought that we’re having a Christmas party because the maids were dressed in Christmas red and green 😂

- the new tutor is really something. Like what the head of maid mentioned to the new maid in earlier scene ~ “know your place or you will get hurt”. That tutor definitely does not know her place, and blatantly showing it off. Thing is, at the end of the episode, SHS already caught the tutor wearing her dress and parading (dancing) in it, then immediately stripping it wearing only her lingerie right there in the dining area, yet she didn’t kick her out of the house? I would have done it right away. We sure have makjang stuff in store for us. 
- Netflix put one of the genres for this drama as dysfunctional family 😅

- @mademoiselle are you planning to watch this? Tbh, it’s gonna be hard for me watching this while enrolled in Law School 😆 The eldest son is Prosecutor Jin and he’s also playing an unlikable character here 😅 I really dislike watching concurrent dramas that have same actor. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

MTDzeiV.gif

5 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

The episode opens with a death, a female dropped from higher floor inside the mansion, then we were brought back 60 days before the incident.

Again!? How many dramas want to copy Sky Castle? Penthouse did the same!

I'm not watching. No oppa power. And it looks too makjang and melodramatic.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1
8 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

definitely does not know her place, and blatantly showing it off. Thing is, at the end of the episode, SHS already caught the tutor wearing her dress and parading (dancing) in it, then immediately stripping it wearing only her lingerie right there in the dining area, yet she didn’t kick her out of the house? I would have done it right away. We sure have makjang stuff in store for us. 

I would have kicked her out immediately. Hi Soo is too kind.  But I think maybe that’s why she’s a fave with the father in law. All the other women in the clan are calculative & manipulative. 

It does seem like Hi Soo & hubby have a good relationship, though I don’t know if the tutor will cause any damage. I don’t find the tutor attractive especially next to Lee Bo Young . lol!  Anyhow the hubs himself is also an illegitimate child whose mum is the mistress to the chairman. He seems the better / smarter one compared to  his siblings who are power hungry to take over the Father’s position.  I thought it ironic that they were celebrating his mum’s birthday even though she’s dead in front of the legal wife . But the crazy rich 1% are always doing these unexplainable crazy things , so I shouldn’t be surprised. ( I work for one !) 

Anyway younger son & maid story quite delicious. Over all , it was an engaging watch and I am looking forward to eps 2 

As I had expected, strong premiere. The locals love their melodramas 

• Clapping Hands 3

3 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:
11 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I would have kicked her out immediately. Hi Soo is too kind.  But I think maybe that’s why she’s a fave with the father in law. All the other women in the clan are calculative & manipulative. 

Yes, she is too kind. She even asked the husband to be friendly with the tutor 😱 Never ever do that when it’s the opposite sex is concerned. She trusts her husband too much. I can only hope that he won’t fall for the seduction that is to come. I really want to see this actor for once be a likable character 😅

• Haha 2

MTDzeiV.gif

@ktcjdrama Omg...can even drink wine together...she really let her guard down too much. 

106831117.1.jpg

In the first released photo, Seo Hee-soo is enjoying wine with Kang Ja-kyung. Hee-soo's gaze, as if searching for Kang Ja-kyung in a gentle gaze, and the appearance of Kang Ja-kyung facing straight without losing it, seem to have a subtle nerve war.

Earlier, Seo Hee-soo witnessed Kang Ja-kyung dancing in her own dress and felt unpleasant. Ja-kyung's actions casually crossing the line from the beginning tightened the hearts of viewers, while also stimulating the imagination of what will happen between the two.

Then, even from Jeong Seo-hyun (played by Kim Seo-hyung), who is alone in deep thoughts, a disturbing energy oozes out and draws attention. She got a cell phone on which her mother-in-law Yang Soon-hye (played by Park Won-sook) was recorded by the main housekeeper (played by Park Sung-yeon) and was surprised to see what she found in it. Interest is also focused on the reason why Jeong Seo-hyun immersed herself in the abyss.

https://sports.donga.com/article/all/20210509/106831131/1

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1