Crime Puzzle 크라임 퍼즐 [2021]

Crime Puzzle 2021

67B6j-4c.jpg

"Crime Puzzle" is a story where a criminal psychologist is sent to prison for murdering a political candidate, and the criminal profiler who loses her father to the murder is conducting interviews with the murderer for a case that occurs within the prison. These two used to be lovers just a year ago, until they meet again as a murderer and a criminal profiler, and face the unexpected truth to a series of murders. The thriller focuses on the process of them putting the pieces together, like a puzzle.
(Source: HanCinema)

Native Title: 크라임 퍼즐
Also Known As: Keuraim Peojeul , Geuraim Peojeul
Director: Go Jae Hyun
Genres: Thriller, Mystery, Psychological, Romance, Drama
Tags: Criminal Psychology, Prisoner, Good And Evil, Death Of Father, Professor, Criminal Psychologist, Death Of A Parent, Meet Again, Interview, Criminal Profiler 
Type: Drama
Episodes: 16
Aired:
Aired On: Monday, Tuesday
Original Network: MBC
Duration: 1 hr. 10 min.

20210410-100158.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

I have high expectation from this drama, knowing it's coming with YKS & GAS as the lead. Psychologist & profiler always interesting to be made into drama for me. And I think the biggest question will be, is he a good character or perhaps a villain? As it seems he serve prison time for killing someone. 

Tag @abs-oluteM@LaLa@Jane@40somethingahjumma@im0202@ktcjdrama, all the Chocolate lover gank 🥰

• Like 3
  • Party! 5

@SilverMoonTeaNot guarantee anything whether I'll watch or not since crime thriller isn't a genre that I really like. But I know both leads and quite like them. 

What's with SK drama industry and their crime thriller genre? Is 2021 a year for crime thriller drama? hahahaha

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Yoon Kye Sang and Go Ah Sung Pit Against Each Other in “Crime Puzzle”

ezgif-com-gif-maker-4.jpg

Starring Yoon Kye Sang and Go Ah Sung, upcoming South Korean crime thriller Crime Puzzle features a battle of wits between a forensic psychologist who wants to go to jail, and a criminal profiler who wants to uncover the truth.

Adapted from a webcomic of the same name, the drama follows Han Seung Min (Yoon Kye Sang), a forensic psychologist, and his girlfriend and criminal profiler Yu Hee’s (Go Ah Sung). When Han Seung Min confesses to murdering Yu Hee’s father, Yu Hee follows her heart and takes action to investigate the truth of the murder.

In the drama’s trailer, it appears that Han Seung Min has planned his own arrest and hides his real motivation to go to prison. However, once he achieves his goal, Hand Seung Min must depend on more than just his intelligence to survive being locked up with other violent criminals.

Meanwhile, Yu Hee is thrown into chaos after losing her father and boyfriend. Although Yu Hee interrogates Han Seung Min, she struggles to distinguish lies from the truth, and must confront her boyfriend to understand the events that have unfolded.

Premiering on October 29, the drama’s fast-paced plot keeps the audience on the edge of their seat as they tune in to uncovering the mysterious circumstances surrounding the murder case.

Source: Korea Daily

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Crime_Puzzle.jpeg

Teaser poster and ep.1 premiere date for Olleh TV-Seezn drama series “Crime Puzzle” starring Yoon Kye-Sang & Ko Ah-Sung. The drama series is now scheduled to premiere October 29, 2021 via Olleh TV and Seezn online platforms. Caption on the teaser poster states “I killed.”

Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki: Han Seung-Min (Yoon Kye-Sang) is a popular professor at the Police University. He is also well-known as a forensic psychologist. His girlfriend Yoo Hee (Ko Ah-Sung) works as a criminal profiler. Suddenly, Han Seung-Min confesses that he killed Yoo Hee’s father and other people. He eventually receives life in prison for his crimes. Yoo Hee does not believe his confession. She looks into his case for answers. This leads Yoo Hee to visit Han Seung-Min in prison and conduct 10 interviews with him.

Source: Asianwiki blog

• Like 3

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ5zUruLBgjLuGX2mgVZvqJYZgeFF4fz4ZTDhYcISykcD-aHVtAsUuojvcXe0U7GXm-Zg&usqp=CAU

Yoon Kye Sang is a man with vengeance in the new ‘Crime Puzzle’ teaser; Reveals mysterious poster

by Anoushka Mathew   |  Published on Oct 06, 2021 10:24 AM IST

photo1378462.jpg

In the main poster released on this day, the two main characters exchange sharp glances in their crossed gaze, foretelling an unavoidable confrontation. Above all, it raises curiosity about the narrative of Yoon Kye Sang and Go Ah Sung, who foreshadowed a dramatic transformation in acting in 'Crime Puzzle'. The inevitable confrontation between two people who faced each other as a murderer and an investigator in their past lovers, and the thrilling psychological warfare, are expected to become another point of observation in 'Crime Puzzle'.

The production team of 'Crime Puzzle' said, "This is a poster that captures the complex emotions and the special relationship of lovers in a fleeting glance. The perfect breathing of the two actors created an impactful scene." The precise acting synergy between Yoon Kye Sang and Go Ah Sung, who has to break the story, will show the essence of a truth-chasing thriller."

Source: pinkvilla

• Like 3

According to MDL, it's 10 episodes and will be aired once a week on Fridays.

Drama: Crime Puzzle

Episodes: 10

Airs: Oct 29, 2021 - Dec 31, 2021

Airs On: Friday

Original Network: Olleh TV

Duration: 1 hr. 10 min.

Content Rating: Not Yet Rated

HanCinema-Logo.png

"Crime Puzzle" Confirms Yoon Kye-sang, Go Ah-sung and Yoon Kyung-ho

Published on 2021/08/19

photo1363462.jpg

"Crime Puzzle" has attracted attention by releasing a lineup of actors that will maximize genre pleasure.

The production team of the new drama "Crime Puzzle" which will be released on Olleh TV and Seezn, said on the 19th that it has confirmed the casting of actors Yoon Kye-sang, Go Ah-sung, Yoon Kyung-ho, Song Seon-mi and Kwon Soo-hyun.

The work is a truth-chasing thriller by criminal psychologist Han Seung-min (Yoon Kye-sang), who confesses to murder and detective Yoo Hee (Go Ah-sung) who digs into the background of the case as his ex-lover and investigator.

First, Yoon Kye-sang plays Han Seung-min, a criminal psychologist who kills Yoo Hong-min, the father of his lover Yoo Hee and a leading politician and is put in prison. With a genius brain that penetrates the case, he is a man who hides his rough side behind a cynical face. It raises questions about why he, who was living a perfect life, throws himself into hell. Through this work, Yoon Kye-sang plans to make a dramatic change in acting from fierce brain fights to handgun battles.

Go Ah-sung, who returns to drama after three years, plays a detective who has a sharp intuition. She is a person who persistently digs into the truth behind the incident amid her life turning upside down. She approaches the reality of the case, heralding an inevitable confrontation between the murderer and the investigator who killed her father. Go Ah-sung, who has imprinted her presence with her own color in each work, is expected to create another life character.

Yoon Kyung-ho plays Kim Pan-ho, Yoo Hee's helper, Song Seon-mi plays Park Jeong-ha, the CEO of a private club who is sentenced to life in prison, Kwon Soo-hyun plays Cha Seung-jae, an elite prosecutor, Woo Hyun plays Jo Seong-soo, a life prisoner who makes dangerous contracts with Han Seung-min, and Kim Roe-ha plays the role of Kim Gwan-ho, a prison chief.

The production team raised expectations, saying, "The synergy of actors who can't trust anyone and what they see is more than perfect", and "The process of solving mysterious cases on a precisely designed panel will provide the charm of a chase thriller".

Meanwhile, "Crime Puzzle" will be unveiled on Olleh TV and online video service Seezn in October.

Source: hancinema

• Like 3

studiogenie_official

<Crime Puzzle> Character poster released Eyes of confusion and suspicion that pierce each other..! The brain battle of the three begins!🧠

💡 Watching tip: Don't take your eyes off of it for a moment!👀

The pursuit of truth thriller <Crime Puzzle>
October 29 [Fri] Olleh tv, seezn First release

FBdX4fvVcAE0ssf?format=jpg&name=medium

FBdX452VQAARaWx?format=jpg&name=medium

Spoiler

FBdX5R-VQAcex7I?format=jpg&name=medium

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Episode 1

Finally, there are subs! Good thing is all 10 episodes are broadcasted so we can binge, if the story is interesting enough.

This is the synopsis from Asianwiki:

Han Seung-Min (Yoon Kye-Sang) is a popular professor at the Police University. He is also well-known as a forensic psychologist. His girlfriend Yoo Hee (Ko Ah-Sung) works as a criminal profiler. Suddenly, Han Seung-Min confesses that he killed Yoo Hee's father and other people [Edit: I don't see "other people"]. He eventually receives life in prison for his crimes [Edit: Actually, it is 15 years]. Yoo Hee does not believe his confession. She looks into his case for answers. This leads Yoo Hee to visit Han Seung-Min in prison and conduct 10 interviews with him.

The drama opens with politician Yoo hanging from a bridge. And HSM sitting on the car contemplating. He then confesses that he is the murderer.

FDL1NlzVgAAALXc?format=jpg&name=medium

Yoo Hee and his friend, Kim Pan Ho (Yoon Kyung Ho) try to get him to tell the truth but to no avail. Yoo Hee knows HSM is lying because she remembers that he was at home at the time of the murder.

Spoiler

FC2ZGisUcAArZsP?format=jpg&name=large

FC2ZGwvVgAYZrqK?format=jpg&name=large

I'm not sure whose side the Prosecutor is on yet. He approved HSM's request to transfer to Anlim prison. But he also received demands from Park Jeong Ha.

Spoiler

FDLJKBlUYAEFRmw?format=jpg&name=large

HSM planned to go into the prison. There is something he needs to do in there. I guess therein lies the reason that he confessed to the murder of politician Yoo. Beforehand, he met with a prisoner who is an old-timer and pays him to keep him safe when he enters - the old-timer gets $1M on agreement, $1M every month thereafter for 3 months and another $1M at the end. HSM plans to need only 3 months. [I gather HSM is quite loaded. His house is quite nice, surrounded by glass 😂.]

Spoiler

FD0M8DvVUAEPucz?format=jpg&name=medium

Politican Yoo had a female "friend?" Park Jeong Ha (Song Sun Mi). She seemed to be angry when he died. Or perhaps she was making use of him and has now lost a partner/pawn? She is also in cahoots with the prison warden and wants to get rid of HSM. Don't know why yet. So on the second day, HSM is attacked in prison but he survives.

FECzu8fWUAEVA8g?format=jpg&name=large

FDL1Nl9UUAsw7hb?format=jpg&name=medium

Spoiler

Park Jeong Ha

FEhvujwWUAIEwJO?format=jpg&name=medium

This guy is trying to kill HSM but did he later help to kill Prisoner A?

FDUR9-EXsAAxUpq?format=jpg&name=medium

Warden

FDa-p0OaQAAJB28?format=jpg&name=large

There is a prisoner A who is taken care of in prison by Park Jeong Ha and the warden. HSM receives a bible from outside. He tears out some pages which have been laced with poison and dissolves it in water. Then we see prisoner A foaming at the mouth and dead.

Yoo Hee then enters the prison looking for clues of this death. I don't understand why she wants to find proof that HSM cause A's death, when she is supposedly on his side. Anyway, she finds a partially burnt bible in the incinerator (people never learn, you have to see it fully burn before you leave...) and goes to confront HSM. And that's the end of ep 1.

My take - not a very thrilling episode. So let's see how it goes.

Edited by Chocolate
  • Insightful 1

Episode 2

There's a lot of flashbacks. It goes all the way back to when Han Seung Min and Yoo Hee first met, when her wealthy grandfather was killed, apparently by an assassin hired by her father, the now-dead Mayor Yoo.

His first impression of her? She doesn't care about style 😂

I'm not sure if I will be continuing. The cast is not very captivating and the dialogue is quite dull. Even the supposedly romantic scenes between HSM and YH seem flat too.

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 1
  • Insightful 1

I've also seen the first couple of episodes and I really like the approach to this. Obviously it's the usual political corruption type story but it's fascinating to see the script start somewhere different in the story.

I don't think the leads have the greatest romantic chemistry but I am intrigued.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 3

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

6 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

I've also seen the first couple of episodes and I really like the approach to this. Obviously it's the usual political corruption type story but it's fascinating to see the script start somewhere different in the story.

I don't think the leads have the greatest romantic chemistry but I am intrigued.

Hi @40somethingahjumma this is like the first drama where Yoon Kye Sang doesn't have chemistry with his leading Lady. I coudn't enjoy the drama because I felt the FL's acting wasn't great in this drama. The only drama I watches was Heard it from the Grapevine. She wasn't awful there, so I was so looking forward to seeing her in this drama but I lost interest after the 3 episode. ML & FL had no chemistry and left me not interested. :nervous:

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House