Move to Heaven 무브 투 헤븐 [2021]

Tofu

6 hours ago, Tofu said:

This scene?! I feel like I should not have watched this or committed some sin by watching it.

Yup. I don't find it sexy at all...the boxer killed it :laugh:Gosh his mullet... so bogan. :PikachuFacePalm:

Anyway, I'm gonna continue watching now. I think what Geu Ru does not only solve mysteries but also crimes, lol.

• Haha 3

Eps 2 - Thankfully sam choon is learning very quickly that this is more that just a cleaning service - I can see why the bro wanted him to look after his son & work in Move to Heaven. It's not just so that GR has a guardian , but this is also for Sang Gu's sake. He's a scoudrel and a cynic but he's not entirely "unsaveable" trash. Just like the things that they find in the places to clean. I really admire LJH because he's just so versatile an actor. I think most of us here are also watching Taxi Driver , Sang Gu and Do Ki are two completely different persons. I also applaud the young actor playing GR - Tan Joon Sang. He mentioned in an article that this role was indeed a challenge as he had so many words to say . Not easy spouting out all those scientific names and all.

I am glad that GR has a friend in Na Moo.  I love the way she went into mother hen mode protecting GR and giving sam choon a good scolding. Honestly, my OCD self ( my life's motto is cleanliness is next to godliness :wow2:) was yelling when he kept leaving trash around after he ate & drinking from the jug. Urghhh...

• Like 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

@dream LOL no to nude LJH either (although I think he has shown his butt before in movies right?). He could have worn a tight boxer and not so flowery one. I do get why they went for this presentation - it's meant to be funny.

I'm up to Ep7 now where we see Lee Jae Wook and Lee Je Hoon's backstory.

4 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Honestly, my OCD self ( my life's motto is cleanliness is next to godliness) was yelling when he kept leaving trash around after he ate & drinking from the jug. Urghhh...

LOLLL tell me about it. When he tore open the chips while going around looking at the family photos, I saw a small chip bounces out of the packaging, I was like :shocked2: Pick that up! PICK THAT UP! Honestly I don't understand why people don't clean up after themselves. Why not be careful in the beginning so less dirt to clean later?

I honestly / literally LOL-ed when Geu Ru described how dirty Sang Goo is. Listing all of the dirty things he does. @Tofu @dream Do you guys still love LJH if he farts so loud that you could hear it from another room? :laugh: Please do NOT tell me his fart smells like perfume. :pandacop:

--- EDIT---

I finished all episodes. I was pretty good in the earlier episodes – no crying but once I hit the episodes of Jung Woo and Sang Goo's backstory to Geu Ru with his mother and father, the tear glands malfunctioned.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 3

I am done with eps 3 ....my tear glands already on overdrive @mademoiselle. Am confused ...di Sang Gu kill Lee Jae Wook's character? Was that the reason he went to jail.

LOL the S&M scene was just Na Moo's imagination ahahaha. For a young girl of 20 , she has wild thoughts despite her innocent face. The young police (her friend) likes her. 

@ktcjdrama @Mouse this drama will resonate with the two of you. Bookmark to watch when free.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

I'm done watching the whole series in Netflix and boy was it worth the wait!

I can say that this is one of LJH's finest performance. He was in character in every scene even if it is not focus on him. He gave his character such depth and nuance that you cannot but root for him no matter how shady he seemed at the beginning.

I also really liked the portrayal of TJS, his Han Geu Ru is believable, heartfelt and touching.

This drama made me think about the things that we own and how the ones left behind will deal with them after we are gone. It is really true nothing in this world is without a story to tell.

Anyway, I enjoyed the cameos in this drama, from JJH (HGR's Dad) to LJW's Seungchul. They really are good actors!

I hope for season 2 since we are left with many issues still. These are the kind of dramas that they should be producing and we should be watching. Cheers to more to come! :love:

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 3

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

I am done with eps 3 ....my tear glands already on overdrive @mademoiselle. Am confused ...di Sang Gu kill Lee Jae Wook's character? Was that the reason he went to jail.

LOL the S&M scene was just Na Moo's imagination ahahaha. For a young girl of 20 , she has wild thoughts despite her innocent face. The young police (her friend) likes her. 

@ktcjdrama @Mouse this drama will resonate with the two of you. Bookmark to watch when free.

Re: Soo Cheol (Lee Jae Wook) if you must know now

Spoiler

Soo Cheol was comatose after that.

LOL well, no youngsters wouldn't know about 50 shades of grey so I guess it's quite apt? HAHAHA. She's Eun Ho from Navillera.

Lee Re made a cameo as well and I'm a little bit confused* of how that ended now that I think about it. *With Geu Ru's expression.

@ktcjdrama @Mouse Agree with @abs-oluteM. If you guys appreciated Navillera, then this is another one you're resonate.

Oh hey, we've seen most of Tang Joon Sang's dramas! He was in CLOY and A Poem A Day. I think I vaguely remember him in CLOY but not A Poem A Day. He'll be in Racket Boys - which I might try out later. Oooh, he's a child actor (did theatre as well - I'm looking at his Twitter).

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Insightful 2

@mademoiselle A Poem A Day...can't remember him.

ahhh okay , I  can see what happpened between him & LJW's character. And I am guessing he owes so much money because he is paying for the hospital bills. Life has not been easy for Sang Gu, and he and GR's dad had an abusive dad too. 

I did crack up when Na Moo started following him around & now thinks he is some murderer. Think she should go be a cop or something. Although all the stories of their clients have a way of moving or touching you but I have to say it was when GR said at the end of eps 5 that he never had a chance to hear what his father had to say to him ( like a final goodbye message ), that I felt so bad for him. GR has difficulty expressing himself but I think he is finally grieving .

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

A Poem A Day...can't remember him.

Me neither hahaha

4 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

I  can see what happpened between him & LJW's character. And I am guessing he owes so much money because he is paying for the hospital bills. Life has not been easy for Sang Gu, and he and GR's dad had an abusive dad too. 

I have to say it was when GR said at the end of eps 5 that he never had a chance to hear what his father had to say to him ( like a final goodbye message ), that I felt so bad for him. GR has difficulty expressing himself but I think he is finally grieving.

The drama will slowly go into details first about Sang Gu's encounter with Soo Cheol. Then it'll tell us more of Sang Gu and Jung Woo. This one really killed me. And lastly focus on Geu Ru, Jung Woo and Omma. Prepare a box of tissues.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

The drama will slowly go into details first about Sang Gu's encounter with Soo Cheol. Then it'll tell us more of Sang Gu and Jung Woo. This one really killed me. And lastly focus on Geu Ru, Jung Woo and Omma. Prepare a box of tissues.

My god...my heart broke in eps 7. Sang Gu saved Soo Cheol - mentored & trained him. This was a relationship beyond teacher & student. I understand know why SG was adamant to keep SC alive - but I agree with the sister that SG really needed to let SC go. In that last fight the woman organiser knew what would rile SG up by bringing Jung Woo into the picture. So awful.

• Like 2

I watched the first two Episodes and I always know I will love this and be so so so sad. The series is so digestible for something that is also a challenging watch on the depths of human nature, both in love and empathy and in its total darkness :heart:

Episode 1-2

- I really, really love all the characters so far (and I definitely haven't got up to the LJW episode yet!) I'm so touched by how wise and loving the father is and how he connects with his autistic son :heart: I love how well he understands HGR and treats all his differences as strengths. Like I think some people think with autistic individuals they would find it difficult to read the story of the deceased, but HGR's father encourages him by employing his strengths - making him understand that people's lives are like puzzles to be solved :BulbaOWO: 

- Both the actors of the father and HGR are really strong actors as well. I find Tang Jun Sang (HGR) to be so natural and endearing in his performance as someone trying to navigate life with autism. :yayaya:

-Another character I love is HGR's friend, YNM - I love how spirited and protective she is of her friend

- I was quite heartbroken by the first story - I liked how they traced his life and re-created some scenes from his life like when he went to buy food and chat to the convenience store girl. It was just so unfair that the kid died from an injury coz by lack of workplace regulations and procedures and full of evil corporate people who were lazy and didn't want to be held accountable for sending a person to their death :pandarage2::pandarage2::pandarage2: I really liked how HGR's father made them go listen to that poor mother. It doesn't change anything in the long run, but at least it would create an uncomfortable sense of guilt and help the mother truly grieve her lost son. 

- The story in the second episode made me more mad than the first one, though it's definitely a timeless tale - it's one thing to be bullied or neglected by the outside world...but it makes me sick to see people with greedy family members like the son and his wife who left the mother to wallow in her own waste but then came to take all her money. Again I must employ my rage pandas to express my anger: :pandarage2::pandarage2::pandarage2:

- Even though it's morbid in that it goes into the spaces of the deceased, I love how you get to see people's lives through mundane everyday objects - receipts, their blankets, their photos, left over bankbooks...and the reactions that family members or friends have to these items paint a really deep and layered story :heart:

- I also really love this super TRASHY Lee Je Hoon!!! I don't know what's wrong with me, but LJH can do no wrong in my eyes even as a massive jerk (though I know he'll change). Maybe it's because it shows his versatility and range as an actor. My only concern is how many cigarettes is my Oppa smoking for this role?! :lettalKWA: Haha. But seriously, I think LJH is a fantastic actor - you can already feel the duality in his character through his acting. Like he seems heartless, but he is already cracking with his first case seeing the greedy couple who came to get money and also seeing the way she passed. 

- And there's moments that have made me laugh too - like when HGR cleaned up after his uncle SG and then told him the rules of the house or when he told him about the smells coming from bodily fluids leeking out of the bodies while he was eating :laugh::laugh::laugh: I was eating when I started watching but good thing I'd finished before the second episode!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

2 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Thanks for the shoutout @abs-oluteM @mademoiselle I do plan to watch this, but has to be after Taxi is finished. You guys know how I dislike watching dramas with the same actor at the same time. I will get disoriented 😅 

Oh yes I remember. I was gonna do the same but they kept enticing me with LJH's abs.....:popcorn:

• Haha 4

45 minutes ago, JenL said:

My only concern is how many cigarettes is my Oppa smoking for this role?! 

One too many, my dear. I am starting to think he smokes in real life now. He's definitely puffing it so much for this role.

5ae5d45e84da599b07021a71446766533e67860a

Spoiler

c5a2b05d8d2964c7d937a672f419ef3a2d26b9d9

source: therukurals

45 minutes ago, JenL said:

And there's moments that have made me laugh too - like when HGR cleaned up after his uncle SG and then told him the rules of the house or when he told him about the smells coming from bodily fluids leeking out of the bodies while he was eating. I was eating when I started watching but good thing I'd finished before the second episode!

Omg, I can't get over that one. The maggots and the fluids. I'm screwing up my face as I type this. I'd definitely give up on the cash under the mat! It's too disgusting! But yeah, if I've to retrieve it then I'd pay cleaners to do it. :SquirtlePuke:

45 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Oh yes I remember. I was gonna do the same but they kept enticing me with LJH's abs.

Hahaha LJH's abs doesn't entice me. He has the shapes and muscles but maybe because he's born with a small shoulder and body frame, he doesn't look buff.

808f54f7ee0ac6340bb9a90088cf157c9f84ce2e

2723b98ce2bc554fb29adea24502bf1c2d4edeea

@abs-oluteM I see only 4 packs...?

Spoiler

5f0451642a814614198ec5c31bd5139e15053e6c

source: thethingskateknows

And @JenL we need to fatten/muscle up your Oppa. I thought he was ok in DDSSLLS but now that I see it again, with his height, he'll look a lot more :pandalove: if he gained some weight and turn the fats into muscles.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 2
5 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Hahaha LJH's abs doesn't entice me. He has the shapes and muscles but maybe because he's born with a small shoulder and body frame, he doesn't look buff.

He is small framed...all the ladies here seem to tower over him. Were they trying to put some love line with Soo Young's character ? Those Dahlia flowers about opening one's heart and all.

But anyhow, the story of the brothers cause the floodgates to open. Gosh when he found out he wasn't abandoned and then he saw the cabinet with all the shoes the bro bought him every year :cry:.

I think my eyes are super swollen now. LOL

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

He is small framed...all the ladies here seem to tower over him. Were they trying to put some love line with Soo Young's character ? Those Dahlia flowers about opening one's heart and all.

He is crushing on her :eeeee: Only Namoo didn't tower over him, lol.

11 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

But anyhow, the story of the brothers cause the floodgates to open. Gosh when he found out he wasn't abandoned and then he saw the cabinet with all the shoes the bro bought him every year :cry:.

I think my eyes are super swollen now. LOL

Yup yup yup. That scene killed meeeeee (even though I had time to wonder how would Jung Woo knows what size to buy for Sang Gu, lol lol). But I kept watching anyway :eeeee:

• Haha 2
On 5/15/2021 at 12:20 AM, mademoiselle said:

I can't help but zero in on LJW's super curved abs here! He's hunching. Is it because he's too tall vs LJH?

Hahaha I also did a double take on that...is this photoshop? :thinking: Butttt...LJW is like 1.87 and LJH is 1.76...so he is taller ad has to lean down a bit :heiboi:

On 5/15/2021 at 12:20 AM, mademoiselle said:

@Tofu @JenL @abs-oluteM I binged 3 episodes. I like it. Lee Je Hoon chose another good script.

While I do think both LJW and LJH are attractive, it sounds weird but part of that attractiveness is that they have picked good projects/ good roles and are pretty strong actors :yayaya: LJH seems to have good taste in more meaningful and interesting projects than a lot of other actors out there.

On 5/14/2021 at 10:46 AM, dream said:

I always knew he was toned, b/c in every one of his shows or magazine pictures, he would've bulging biceps, but he seldom showed off his body lol? This deserves to go to the Abs forum here!! 

I mean hello arms: Thank goodness, he said he loves to work out, thank you for your charity, bae!!

Hahaha @dream Can I just say that I love every post you write about LJH?! :laugh:

Reading them makes me laugh, but I mean I totally agree with the LJH attraction!!! That man is so damn hot. Even when he has a mullet and smokes a billion cigarettes. I'm just so smitten with LJH at the moment in all his crazy characters. :wow:

On 5/15/2021 at 12:11 AM, Tofu said:

Umm...this should have been called moved to tears instead. :letalQQ:

I'm glad I'm working from home today. I would have looked like a mess at work. :cry:

I hope you had tissues! :letalQQ:

As a stone cold person, I didn't cry but I was very very very sad on the inside :idk:

17 hours ago, Tofu said:

WAH?! I just read spoilers and....(Don't read this @JenL

Hahaha, I did not read the spoilers! But I did just finish episode 3 and I saw that brief flashback where LJW get bashed unconscious soooo my heart just burst open and bled. Maybe I will end up crying when I get to that episode. 

:PikaRIP:

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

Episodes 3-4

- I'm loving how each episode or clean up seems to have some lovely classical piece - Traumerei, Claire De Lune etc. :BulbaOWO:

- So far, the warm humour has really balanced out the sadder moments. My favourite moments was when HGR is panicking about losing the yellow box and starts bashing himself and then uncle SG tries to stop him first by stranglehold and then by pushing him away from the wall only to push him towards another wall which he then bangs his head against against anyway :laugh: And I love how HGR thinks the box dropped out of the van and while SG wasn't going to say he threw it out, he's forced to yell out "STOP!" and tell the truth :lenny: Also funny was when SG was so sooo happy to find the yellow box in the dumpster, but HGR takes it quickly without so much as a thanks! :laugh:

-HAHAHA YNM's overactive imagination about uncle SG being in an erotic noir film was hilarious. Also LJH's worried expression while tied to a bed and about to get the whipping of his life... I seriously cannot :laugh::laugh::laugh: And can I say YNM's dad is totally the best for covering for her by putting the civil servant text book in her bag??? What a smart quick thinking dad saving her from her mother's wrath!!! 

- Episode 3 was my first glimpse of LJW being bashed up and falling onto the ground and I was so saddddd :letalQQ: I think I can see what's going to have happened in SG's past and it's going to hurt alot.

- Ugh, the son from the greedy couple really made me mad because of his whole "I don't want to be a good son anyway" act :pandarage2: The flashback and memory of how much his mother valued his gift (actually his care towards her) did help to show that people are complicated creatures though and sometimes forget what is truly important when they get bogged down with money. 

- I like the way HGR unravels each mystery by using logic to find the backstory and to empathise with the deceased. It's not that he understands people's motives, it's that people's actions are so strange to him that he feels he must keep putting them together to find their motives - and that's how he ends up understanding the average person more than those around them :BulbaOWO::hearties: I was really touched to see how he couldn't sleep the whole night because he was obsessed with the pet cam...he just really needed to know the answer!

- I was really glad that the last episode I watched dealt with women's suffering in abusive relationships. I can see how the trauma would have screwed up SG's life - at first glance SG seems like trash, but as you watch each episode, you see he's just damaged and jaded from the tragic circumstances and bad decisions that surrounded his life :letalQQ: As a kid, he would have been too scared to help his mother...I'm glad he was able to break away from that, especially after processing with the trauma cleaning for the victim who was stalked and murdered by someone obsessed with her. :letalQQ:

- Really enjoying this series - it's just so heart-warming and bittersweet and poignant :heart:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

It was a lovely ending and I think there's potential for a 2nd season - after all the lady leader of the gambling ring is still not caught and the ending with Lee Re's cameo. Is GR having a crush? It will be nice to see them explore this . Plus I love the trio working together . Na Moo the mother hen with a great heart looking out for GR and SangGu. She's the adult here . LOL

While this is a tear jerker and maybe I have no more tears left, the stories of their clients were relatable and tugged at my heartstrings. One of the best things about the show was how both Sang Gu and Geu Ru grew on each other. I was pleasantly surprised that GR knew he was adopted but it didn't matter since he was so well-loved. His life was a miracle and gift to both his parents and to his Sam Choon. I am glad he chose Sang Gu to remain as his legal guardian - SG was so happy despite pretending he didn't care at 1st. 

I loved that we saw a smarmy Lee Je Hoon in this. ( ahahah tomorrow I will watch Taxi Driver to off set the smarminess). @JenLhe really does have an eye for interesting projects even if I may not have loved them all. Some personal favourites include Signal , Tomorrow With You and the movie - I Can Speak. I hope he will continue to choose good ones like that. I will also look out for the actor playing GR. Like @mademoiselle , I will check out Racquet Boys.

• Like 3

@JenL LOL, I love that you actually stop binging and come here to write your thoughts. I was lying so comfortably on my bed and letting Netflix automatically switch to the next episode one after another that I don't even have the time to come and spazz. So once I am done, I could barely remember the details for each episodes.

Hehehe I do love that Geu Ru puts on classical music when he cleans. Traumerei being the first one I recognise was :heart: for obvious reason you and @abs-oluteM would know. Claire de Lune and Moonlight Sonata (this one I never really quite like due to its somber tone). Moonlight Sonata for that episode did made the cleaning scene a lot sadder too. The rest of the music I couldn't recognise anymore, ha-ha.

@dream Oh yeah I remember the arms. Na PD focused so much on it on 3 meals a day. When we meet LJH, it has to be summer and we must have Korean BBQ so he can show us off those arms! :laugh: I also remember he told them something like he couldn't beef up like others and he's all muscles. He's so boyish and cute in there. It was so funny he brought peanuts over and the Hyungs all teased him but in the end he charmed them all. He also asked some sharp, personal questions but they were ok with it.

I also watched him in Traveller with Ryu Jun Yeol. Even though he's the Hyung, Jun Yeol is the one heading the trip and he's also quite good in the sense that he's easy-going and let Jun Yeol take the lead. I love some of their chats - I remember he said he was very thankful to Im Soo Jung sunbae in a movie he had a short appearance in Finding Mr Destiny. He wasn't famous yet at the time and Soo Jung made sure he gets more scenes even though she didn't have to or have reasons to do so.

I haven't watched Collectors yet. Need to "find" it, lol. Now that I look through his filmography, I hadn't seen that many of his films. Out of hte lot, I enjoyed Phantom Detective and I Can Speak. I couldn't get into Time to Hunt even though I was sort of looking forward to it. Anarchist from Colony I've d/l it but just haven't had to mood to watch (since I know it's based around the Japanese invasion period).

Whereas dramas, I first got to know him through Signal. Then I watched Tomorrow With You, Where Stars Land, Move to Heaven and on-going for Taxi Driver. I wouldn't say I'm in love with him (he's made it into Oppa list since Tomorrow With You) however he's definitely one of the Oppa whose works are mostly very promising.

-- Back to Move to Heaven --

There's a parallel of stories in this show where one episode dealt with an old lady who has dementia left alone living in a rather dark and damp place (the show made it look that way) by her son and daughter-in-law. Another episode dealt with an old, poor couple with no family living on the rooftop. Either way, with or without children, they died alone is what makes it upsetting and sad. However, it's likely true to real life and it's what makes it scary. We could be one of them.

8 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

ending with Lee Re's cameo. Is GR having a crush?

That's what I'm confused with too. He does look like he was mesmerised by her. But she's dying so is there a point? Or he just saw something else... with the butterfly?

By the way, I wonder if Tang Joon Sang played the boy who hurt himself and can no longer do the sports he dreamt and Dr. Ye used himself as the example to encourage him in A Poem A Day.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

Will read everyone's comments later because I don't like spoilers...but was this the general feeling with this series? :mine: Haha, am I going to crack the waterworks?

36 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

@JenL LOL, I love that you actually stop binging and come here to write your thoughts. I was lying so comfortably on my bed and letting Netflix automatically switch to the next episode one after another that I don't even have the time to come and spazz. So once I am done, I could barely remember the details for each episodes.

Hahaha I feel like my coming here to write is to process the anger towards the bad people who the deceased had to deal with in each episode with my rage panda emojis :laugh: Also I'm OCD and I need to record the things I like :laugh:Aaand I'm terrible at binging - I have to go make a snack, check social media. write on Janghaven and then keep going even though I love the series. I tend to do blocks of 2 episodes and then a break :yayaya: 

But it would make so much more sense to let Netflix auto-switch you to the next episode...I can see how you manage to watch so many drama...such focus! :MewHi:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

@JenL That Twitter was quite apt even though for me first few episodes, I didn't cry at all (shocking but true). I didn't cry even when Lee Jae Wook's story was covered (episode 7) but once I hit the backstory between the brothers and the rest is history. Then again, you said you hardly cry so maybe you could come out unscathed.

Sweet Home is the only drama I intentionally force myself to stop binging because I didn't want it to end so quickly. However once I am done, I love it so much that I re-watched it. Hahahaha.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1