Move to Heaven 무브 투 헤븐 [2021]

Tofu

Other than watching the newest episode of Deluxe Taxi, I spent most of my time binge watching Move to Heaven. At first when I heard reviews about the series that it was a cry fest, I was preparing myself for puffy and dry eyes after finishing the dramas. But throughout the first half, I hadn't shed any tear so far and I was starting to questioning myself whether I was the only weird one who didn't cry. :psweatduck:

Moving on to the second half, I was starting to feel if something perhaps broken with me. Even when all the stories of the deceased were all sad and touching, it didn't make tear up. When we had the scenes where Sang Goo prepared a same breakfast like his brother did to Geu Ru, I had a bad feeling about his fate for the fight. Thankfully it turned out right and he could escape it safely. 

Geu Ru and his little family stories was the one that made me teared up a bit in the end. Both his parents loved him unconditionally, they didn't mind about his condition and are just happy for being able to be his parents. The scenes where Geu Ru cleaned up his father room signalled that he could finally send away his father in peace. He finally could accept his father death. He has started to heal. 

Tang Jung Sang did great job for his role as Geu Ru. I recognized him as the maknae of NK soldiers in Crash Landing on You, but in here I totally forgot his previous character. I'm amazed at how he portrayed his character with an Asperger's condition and the way he speaks. It must've been hard to memorize all that long lines. 

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

On 5/22/2021 at 12:54 AM, mademoiselle said:

You've finished @JenL! Did you cry in episode 8 when Sang Goo saw all of his belated birthday presents? Does this drama count into the dramas/shows that made you cry?

Yes! I finished it a few days ago now and I'm telling everyone to watch it because I loved it so much. I want to say cried  because episodes 7 and 8 were so heart-breaking but I didn't :letalQQ: I was teary, but the tears didn't come out....so I didn't bawl my eyes out like I did with damn Stargazing Dog and Silenced. I was soooooooo sad for SG though because it would be horrible to make those mistakes that you really really really regret but can't come back from. I think I couldn't sleep from thinking about it after watching! :mine::mine::mine:

I might have a heart of stone! But then I realised I tend to to cry when it's like weak child/ animal gets abused, so maybe that's my only tear trigger? :idk:

• Haha 4

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

15 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

@JenL If you got teary, wouldn't it count as you've cried? xD

2 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Maybe the tears have to leave the eyes before it's considered as crying? :lenny:

Haha, nah, you wouldn't be able to tell that I was teary. It's the kind where the eyes are slightly more moist and then you blink and you're fine again :laugh: Like no tears leaked out because not enough waters for even one tear.... I'm not even sure that meets the definition of teary even :idk:

The times I cried for movies it was literally on-going tears streaming down my face for the entire sad scene...or if most of the scenes were sad, the tears were streaming down for most of the movie! Stargazing dog was embarrassing because I was on a plane and everyone was staring at me :psweatduck::laugh:

• Haha 4

16 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

What?! He hasn't seen Move to Heaven himself?! I didn't know it was rated as 19. But he's 18, legal now...!

Anyway @JenL for you...

So weird that TJS hasn't seen his own project! :lettalKWA: But he did such a good job in it. I didn't realise he was so young as well! Wasn't he also in Crash Landing?! 

Thanks @mademoiselle for these gifs with my two favourite Korean Oppas :BulbaOWO::hearties: I love them together in the same project so very much. And nice to know that LJH had lots of nice things to say about LJW according to an interview he gave which has been translated by fans: https://www.instagram.com/p/CPaCVhEtxYJ/

Also I liked that LJW posted some BTS pictures with LJH :wow: 

2qX3ZrM.jpg

0p4gQrT.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 months later...