PS22071900049.jpg

English Title: The Good Detective 2

Hangul Title: 모범형사2

Genre: Detective, Action, Thriller

Director: Jo Nam Gook

Writer: Choi Jin Won

Network: JTBC

Episodes: 16

Release Date: July 30, 2022 tp Sep 18, 2022 (Sat, Sun)

Synopsis: 

A refreshing investigative drama in which two different detectives, track down one truth that has been concealed. [Source: hancinema]

• Like 2
  • Party! 3

Cast

UAaE2Yj.jpg

Son Hyun-Joo as Kang Do-Chang

Tuug5b1.jpg

Jang Seung-Jo as Oh Ji-Hyeok

Spoiler

Choi Dae-hoon as Chun Sang-woo

He is the vice chairman of TJ Group and thinks of his half-sister #KimHyoJin and her husband #JungMoonSung as an eyesore.

Kim Hyo-jin as Cheon Nana

Jung Moon-seong as Woo Tae-ho

Lee Joong Ok

as Jang Ki-jin who is the leader of the Metropolitan Investigation Unit.

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 3
  • Party! 1

Miscellaneous

[Making] Returning stronger than season 1💥 Son Hyeon-joo X Jang Seung-jo's <Exemplary Detective 2> Script Reading Site | First broadcast on 7/30 (Sat)🚨

Spoiler

[Making] Behind-the-scenes filming of <Exemplary Detective 2> to be revealed before the first broadcast👀

[Making] D-4! Points to watch from actors👨‍✈ <Exemplary Detective 2> First filming interview

[Making] Already breathing quickly-! <Exemplary Detective 2> Poster shooting site of Detective Team 2

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 1

logo_609_6_20181015144515.png

JTBC's “'Model Detective' Season 2  with Son Hyun-joo and Jang Seung-jo confirmed” (Official position)

Input 2021.04.16. 3:52 PM Reporter Kim Myung-mi

Ou3kddB.jpg

JTBC drama 'Model Detective' is coming back with season 2.

"The 'Model Detective' has confirmed the production of season 2," a JTBC official told Newsen on April 16. "We will start filming in October."

"Actors Son Hyun-joo and Jang Seung-jo will appear in season 2 following season 1," he added. "The formation is undecided."

"The Exemplary Detective," which ended in August last year, is a drama about a real world of detectives with a confrontation between those who are trying to reach the truth and those who are trying to cover it up. It received a lot of love with 7.609 percent of its own ratings," said Nielsen Korea's nationwide paid broadcasting households.

As a result, many viewers are already expressing their expectations for season 2.

Source: Newsen

• Like 1
  • Party! 3

@Chocolate, it's been added to the directory. Though, for future threads, if you post to the directory thread with a link to the thread, then any moderator will be able to add it to the directory which may mean a faster response for those times when I'm not around as much.

Anyway... I'm excited to hear that there is going to be a Season 2. This is one of the dramas that actually grew on me, and I even did a rewatch not too long ago! I love the bromance between DC and JH, and I'm eager to see where they take it.

• Thanks 1
  • Party! 2

As soon as I found out season 2 is confirmed, I started watching season 1 which has been on my watch list since it started airing 😁 Can’t remember what happened that prevented me from watching while it was airing. 

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

I'm stoked by this news. I really wasn't expecting a second installment but this was definitely one of my favourite dramas from last year. If it hadn't been for Sweet Home, this would have easily gone into my Top 5. JTBC must have done well from Netflix to do this.

It's one of those dramas that hardly anyone watched while it aired but then word of mouth afterwards has given it a momentum.

I wonder if they will pick up where they left off with Ji-hyun and Seo-kyung's understated romance.

• Like 2
  • Party! 2

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

1 hour ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

I wonder if they will pick up where they left off with Ji-hyun and Seo-kyung's understated romance.

I hope not.

But I am biased. I didn't like the scene where she withheld a report and the prisoner was executed. I know it is the scene that is written and not her fault, but somehow it has affected my view of her 😢

So I say 'Give him a new woman'! 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • 1 month later...

I think mostly because of The Good Detective Season 1, I'm starting to become a bit obsessed with Jang Seung Jo. I was surprised to see him in Chocolate, in a good way, though I was surprised that he played the older brother to Yoon Kye Sang, who I also love, since I think he looks older than Jang Seung Jo. However, it's also that Jang Seung Jo just has such a boyish face since he's only a couple of years younger than Yoon Kye Sang. I've seen JSJ in a number of other dramas now, and I'm contemplating watching some others where he has a significant role.

Sorry for drifting off topic a bit. Anyway, back to The Good Detective. I'm honestly not sure if I want the romance to pick up between Ji Hyeok and Seo Kyung. I think they both portrayed rather flawed, complicated characters who grew to trust and like each other. I think I would be fine if the romance picked up again since Ji Hyeok isn't someone who flits from woman to woman lightly anyway, so it would be weird to have him become interested in another woman. What might make more sense if Lee Elijah is not available to reprise her role is if there is no romance because Seo Kyung went on an overseas posting or something, and JH was still resolving his feelings about it.

However, I have to admit that it's the bromance between the partners that is at the heart of this drama that I'm looking forward to. I also wonder if they're going to bring back Do Chang's sister Eun Hee, her son Jae Woong, and Eun Hye, the three of whom have become DC's family.

• Insightful 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 2
  • 4 months later...

logo_109_11_20170105110805.gif?20210915_

Kim Hyo-jin side "Considering positive review for 'Example Detective 2'" [Official position]

Article input 2021.10.06. 2:05 PM | OSEN=Reporter Hwi-seon Yeon

0004486108_001_20211006140514749.jpg?typ

Actress Kim Hyo-jin is positively reviewing her appearance in 'Exemplary Detective 2'. 

On the 6th, a representative from Namoo Actors, the agency, told OSEN, "It is true that Kim Hyo-jin received an offer from the production team of JTBC's new drama 'Model Detective 2'. 

'Exemplary Detective 2' is the second season of 'Exemplary Detective', which ended in August last year. 'Exemplary Detective' is a detective drama about the confrontation between those who try to get closer to the truth and those who try to hide it. 

Thanks to this, production of 'Exemplary Detective 2' was confirmed earlier this year. Actors Son Hyeon-joo and Jang Seung-jo, the main characters of Season 1, also confirmed their appearance early.

In addition, Kim Hyo-jin is reported to have been offered the role of Cheon Nana, the daughter of the TJ group president and the head of the planning department. He is currently appearing in the JTBC Saturday drama 'Disqualification of Humanity', and it is expected that he will quickly confirm his next work and continue his 'hard work'. / monamie@osen.co.kr

Source

• Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1
2 hours ago, Dhakra said:

@abs-oluteMOhhh~ Yeah, yeah, I am interested. Wasn't there a drama coming with my favorite from Taxi Driver aswell? 

I heard that there will be a 2nd season for Taxi Driver but I need to see official confirmation. Do you know @Chocolate if there is? 

• Like 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/18/2021 at 5:06 PM, stroppyse said:

Anyway... I'm excited to hear that there is going to be a Season 2. This is one of the dramas that actually grew on me, and I even did a rewatch not too long ago! I love the bromance between DC and JH, and I'm eager to see where they take it.

Hey stroppy :pandalove:

So you think I should watch the first season before heading into the second one?

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Son Hyun Joo Diagnosed With COVID-19 + “The Good Detective” Season 2 Halts Filming

Mar 1, 2022 by C. Hong

Actor Son Hyun Joo has been diagnosed with COVID-19.

On February 28, Son Hyun Joo’s agency, Starcom Entertainment, stated, “Son Hyun Joo was diagnosed with COVID-19 the day before and is receiving treatment at home. He has completed three doses of the COVID-19 vaccine. He has put a halt to his entire work schedule and is resting according to the directions of the disease control authorities.

Son Hyun Joo was in the middle of filming JTBC’s “The Good Detective” season 2. However, filming is currently on pause while Son Hyun Joo recovers. JTBC stated, “We do not expect any problems with the production schedule.”

Son Hyun Joo is also starring in MBC’s “Tracer,” which is currently airing, but the filming for that drama is already complete.

Also on February 28, two unrelated cases of COVID-19 in the entertainment industry were announced: Kim Sook and Jung Hyung Don, both comedians and TV personalities who appear on multiple TV shows. Like Son Hyun Joo, both have put a pause on their work schedule in order to isolate and recover at home. It was also reported that Jung Hyung Don had also completed three doses of the vaccine.

South Korea is currently in the middle of a surge of infections caused by the Omicron variant of COVID-19. Last week, the country recorded a daily case count of 171,451, their highest daily case count since the pandemic began. The country also recently recorded 112 fatalities in one day, their highest daily fatality count to date.

Wishing everyone a speedy recovery!

Source

Edited by Chocolate
  • Sad 1
  • 4 months later...
17 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

@Chocolate trailer ...woot woot ...it will air soon

tumblr-ok4snv-KNLX1v0708vo2-500.gif

hai  @abs-oluteM , chingu, thanks again for the trailer. :smile:

13 hours ago, Chocolate said:

@abs-oluteM Yippee! Suddenly there are too many dramas to watch!

giphy.gif

hai @Chocolate .. :true:  the kdrama global phenomenon is real. I've even started bringing them into my clinical work. 😁

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan