The Good Detective 2 - 모범형사2 [2022]

23 hours ago, peperomia said:

Am I the only one who can't find the first episode with subs? :PiplupCry: I was really looking forward to it this weekend. Sigh...

The first episode subs just came out. So what's happening is that this show is only subbed by K Plus Asia, and they air each episode a day later. The first episode with subs was aired yesterday (31st July) , so I just caught it on my usual site. I am now waiting for subs for the second episode (which will air tonight ).

@twink_twink_ I believe you've already watched the 1st episode? I enjoyed it. This scene cracked me up. This is what I love about this show...there's this crazy humor in the middle of all the action!

Spoiler

Poor Dong Chang . Seems like he's been suffering from insomnia and the psychologist thinks it is work anxiety. And I think he's considering a desk job. DC's sis ( the actress reprised her role) kind of told Ji Hyuk when the two men were eating at her restaurant. Looks like she got her life together and has opened a fried chicken place. ( I remember how much she used to drink) They mention EunHye to whom I don't think we will see, but she's still part of their lives.

Watching the 1st episode reminded me again of how smart Ji Hyuk is. While Dong Chang tends to rely a lot on his intuition due to his years of experience (which should not be discounted of course), Ji Hyuk is really sharp and observant. His power of deduction is awesome. 

I seriously doubt that the petty thief that died at the end is the serial killer. But I guess if they want to close the case quickly they will just blame it on the dead guy. Do these serial killings have to do with the TJ Group ? I have yet to figure out how the Cheon siblings (and their father who is going to jail)  and Woo Tae Ho fit into the bigger scheme of things. Woo Tae Ho is not only the son-in-law but also the one who cleans up the mess the family makes. 

• Thanks 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

Reporter Rosa Park.

The main character of 'The Good Detective 2', conducted an exhilarating investigation as a good-looking detective.

0003223257-001-20220801173801430.jpg

Photo = Courtesy of Ace Factory

'click on the link'

source:

https://isplus.com/#

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Star Struck 1
  • Heart Eyes 4

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

Caught the 2nd episode and it continues to be an enjoyable watch.

It was pretty obvious from episode 1 that the petty thief couldn't have been the serial killer. DC was clearly uncomfortable to receive the award and JH knew it too that they had to reinvestigate. The Seoul Investigation Team was following the wrong lead & the top guns just wanted the case to be closed quickly. Of course as expected our two good detectives just couldn't close one eye ...

I love these two...they are so in sync now. They really work so well together.

Spoiler

FZKHf1PaQAASgeU?format=jpg&name=large

So I think Woo Tae Ho seemed to be quite affected by the death of his staff. Hmm is the girl more than just a staff for him? But anyhow , I doubt she was part of the serial killing victims- which probably explains why the actual killer went back there to leave another victim to send a message that the last victim wasn't his doing. 

• Awesome 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

On 8/1/2022 at 7:50 AM, abs-oluteM said:

The first episode subs just came out. So what's happening is that this show is only subbed by K Plus Asia, and they air each episode a day later. The first episode with subs was aired yesterday (31st July) , so I just caught it on my usual site. I am now waiting for subs for the second episode (which will air tonight ).

I'm not complaining, but I was looking forward to it as a weekend drama. Since the subbed episodes fall on the weekdays, I will be on the slow-side on watching it. I do enjoy it so far. There's that familiar feeling of the duo that is just puts a smile on my face.

Poor Dong Chang . Seems like he's been suffering from insomnia and the psychologist thinks it is work anxiety.

He seems to be still carrying guilt from what happened with Eun Hye's father in the first season. He fears that he will put another innocent person behind bars which is causing anxiety in the field. I feel bad that he's struggling with this, but at least it's pushing him to prove Kim Hyeong Bok's innocence and to find the real culprit (and truth)...which I believe there is more to it than meets the eye.

I seriously doubt that the petty thief that died at the end is the serial killer. But I guess if they want to close the case quickly they will just blame it on the dead guy. Do these serial killings have to do with the TJ Group ? I have yet to figure out how the Cheon siblings (and their father who is going to jail)  and Woo Tae Ho fit into the bigger scheme of things. Woo Tae Ho is not only the son-in-law but also the one who cleans up the mess the family makes. 

I agree. I believe he was made to be a scapegoat and do think there's ties to TJ Group. Call me crazy, but the family dynamics in TJ Group remind me a bit of Hanjo in Stranger/FoS. Corrupted chairman/father. Underlying sibling strife between the daughter and son. I don't think the daughter should be underestimated. There's also something off with son-in-law, Woo Tae Ho. Why did his senior, the Blue House secretary, say that he's the informant? Hmmm...

Edit: Coming back to give my thoughts on what abs-oluteM said here: So I think Woo Tae Ho seemed to be quite affected by the death of his staff. Hmm is the girl more than just a staff for him? But anyhow , I doubt she was part of the serial killing victims- which probably explains why the actual killer went back there to leave another victim to send a message that the last victim wasn't his doing.

I can't tell if she's more than just a staff to him yet, but he seems to be quietly lamenting over her. I also don't think she's a victim of the white dress serial killings. There are definitely hands in trying to cover-up TJ Group's secrets by tying her to the serial killer. Looks like the cover-up is coming loose though as the continuing serial killings are going to unravel everything bit by bit.    

Edited by peperomia
  • Awesome 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

Reporter Ahn Eun Jae.

download.jpg

JTBC 'The Good Detective 2' poster © News1

202208051056476177.jpg

(JTBC Mobile Operation Team)

Could 'The Good Detective' Season 2 become a savior for JTBC drama?

'The Good Detective Season 1' came back with Season 2 on July 30, two years after it aired in July 2020. Season 1 started with an audience rating of 3.9% in the first episode (hereinafter referred to as Nielsen Korea's nationwide paid household standards), but after it has since spread over with a solid storyline, the last episode recorded 7.4%. As a result, Season 2 released. 

'click on the link'

source:

https://www.news1.kr/articles/?4763667

https://mnews.jtbc.co.kr/News/Article.aspx?news_id=NB12069392

• Like 1
  • Party! 6

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

17 hours ago, peperomia said:

Call me crazy, but the family dynamics in TJ Group remind me a bit of Hanjo in Stranger/FoS. Corrupted chairman/father. Underlying sibling strife between the daughter and son. I don't think the daughter should be underestimated. There's also something off with son-in-law, Woo Tae Ho. Why did his senior, the Blue House secretary, say that he's the informant? Hmmm...

Agreed. There's definitely more to be uncovered here, though it will be a slow reveal. The head of their security was JH's former boss when JH was based in Seoul right?  I thought the Cheon sister was quite ruthless when she aborted the baby without telling the husband.

New stills

So they go and see the bus driver - I should think DC & JH know he is the killer. 

There's a pre-released video here

https://tv.naver.com/v/28400801

FZeWa7yacAABSH_?format=png&name=small

• Awesome 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

9 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Agreed. There's definitely more to be uncovered here, though it will be a slow reveal. The head of their security was JH's former boss when JH was based in Seoul right?  I thought the Cheon sister was quite ruthless when she aborted the baby without telling the husband.

Agree...it will be a slow reveal so it should be good.

Yes, he was JH's former boss/senior. I believe JH suspects he's corrupt, but he's keeping cool about it until he has concrete evidence. I love how calm and collected he is. He's a good balance to DC who is more sensitive/emotional.

Me too. My heart hurt quite a bit when she told her husband that. :nervous: Should be interesting to find out why she is cold like that and why her health is in poor shape.

Edited by peperomia
  • Clapping Hands 3

Reporter Kim Bo Ra.

'The Good Detective 2' Kim In Kwon, serial killer runaway.

download-1.jpg

[Photo] Blossom Story, SLL

'The Good Detective 2' Son Hyeon Joo and Jang Seung Jo search out to prevent the victims of serial murder. Ahead of today's (7th) main broadcast, Kim In Kwon, who is a psycho murderer and two detectives who attack him explode the tension. 

In the JTBC Saturday drama 'The Good Detective 2' (script written by Choi Jin Won, directed by Cho Nam Guk, produced by Blossom Story SLL), Kang Do Chang (Son Hyun Joo) and Oh Ji Hyuk (Jang Seung Jo) approached the reality of a white-robed serial killer. He found out that the bus driver (Kim In Kwon) was the real culprit in the serial murder that caused five victims.

Kang Gang Chang and Oh Ji Hyuk start a persistent pursuit, saying that they should only prevent the six victims from appearing. They found a bag believed to belong to the criminal in the black box of the delivery vehicle. The driver felt pressure when he saw the photo of his bag when the detective had attached to the whiteboard of the bus transportation company's office, saying that he was asking for a tip. Choi Ho Jun (Jeon Jae Hyung) was the culprit.

'tap on the link'

source:

http://mosen.mt.co.kr/

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 4

NewsN Reporter Seo Yuna. 

download.jpg

Moon Bo Kyung reunited with Oh Ji Hyuk whom she fell in love with, but the relationship was broken.

download-1.jpg

(Photo = Courtesy of JTBC 'The Good Detective 2') 

In the 4th episode of JTBC's Saturday - Sunday drama 'The Good Detective 2' which aired on August 7th, Oh Ji Hyuk (Jang Seung Jo) is digging up the assault case of Cheon Sang Woo (Choi Dae Hoon) two years ago. Chun Nana (Kim Hyo Jin) noticed and moved the company's legal team.

On this day, Chun Nana tried to prevent Oh Ji Hyeok from approaching Kim Min Ji (Baek Sang Hee), a victim of Cheon Sang Woo's assault, using Moon Bo Kyung (Hong Seo Young) she is a daughter of Police Chief Moon Sang Veom (Son Jong Hak).

'click on the link'

source:

Spoiler

202208080659392410-1.jpg

https://m.newsen.com/

https://m.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=202208080659392410

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

@abs-oluteM @peperomia @twink_twink_

Hide contents

May I ask where are you watching it? The usual dramacool site I use is very blur.

I am also using the same and it is terrible quality. But no other way to do it :nervous:

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

JTBC Mobile Operation Team.

202208081058148539.jpg

'The Good  Detective 2' has the highest viewership rating of 6.9%. A summary of judgemental that are more curious about the future.

The Good Detective 2 (directed by Cho Nam Guk , script written by Choi Jin Won) which opened a strong opening with the white-robe serial murder case, is gradually moving towards the giant power at the center, the TJ Group. As a result, the highest viewership rating per minute for the episode 4 soared to 6.9% and dominated Sunday night. (Supplied by Nielsen Korea, based on paid households nationwide) While viewers are also pouring out their questions and running their own detectives radar, we have compiled a list of tidbits that make the story more curious about the future.

'tap'

source:

Spoiler

https://mnews.jtbc.co.kr/News/Article.aspx?news_id=NB12069718

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 5

Export News Reporter Kim Ye Eun.

0001487646-001-20220811154601571.jpg

Jang Seung Jo has changed.

Oh Ji Hyeok (Jang Seung Jo) returned to the 2nd team in the western part of Incheon after taking a leave of absence from Gwangsu University Seoul last season in the JTBC Saturday drama 'The Good Detective 2'.  Through this case with his sharp ability to grasp all scene and insight to read the psychology of the criminal instead of personal emotions. Indeed, he was a cold-hearted rationalist. However, as time passed, Oh Ji Hyeok, who melted into the 2nd strong team became “slightly soft” as Jang Seung Jo expressed it. His character was the same as before when investigating in front of his teammates from the 2nd strong team. Viewers also picked the scenes of Oh Ji Hyeok as a demonic character who excited way.

0001487646-002-20220811154601611.jpg

Photo = Blossom Story, SLL

'tap'

source:

https://www.xportsnews.com/article/1616763#leinpop

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 6
  • Star Struck 1

By JTBC Mobile Operation Team.

'The Good Detective 2' The serial murder case in a white robe heading to its climax. Son Hyun Joo X Jang Seung Jo Prediction.

202208131343262825.jpg

Photo provided by Blossom Story, SLL.

The serial murder case opened the JTBC Saturday drama 'The Good Detective 2' (directed by Cho Nam Guk, script written by Choi Jin Won, production Blossom Story, SLL) is about to come to an end. Gang Do Chang (Son Hyun Joo) and Oh Ji Hyeok (Jang Seung Jo) also found evidence that the real criminal committed the murder while driving the bus, and the bus driver Lee Seong Gon (Kim In Kwon) , who is holding a knife to Seong Ju Ri (Bang Eun Jeong)'s neck has arrested. However, Lee Seong Gon's mastermind and the Seoul Kwangsudae's movement to cover the truth face difficulties. They tried to predict the winning points of Kang Chang and Oh Ji Hyuk whether they will be able to win the truth.

'tap on the link'

source:

https://mnews.jtbc.co.kr/News/Article.aspx?news_id=NB12070664

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 7

Reporter Jung Eun Chae.

optimize-1.jpg

(Photo: 'The Good Detective 2' Broadcast Screen Capture)

Kim Min Ji looked at a picture of her daughter recalled the assault two years ago.

In the 6th episode of JTBC's Saturday and Sunday drama 'The Good Detective 2' (script written by Choi Jin Won, directed by Cho Nam Guk), which was broadcast on the 14th, Kim Min Ji (Baek Sang Hee) who was lying in bed after an assault case two years ago treated. She was threatened to cover up the incident.

Spoiler

202208140944199803.jpg

'click on the link'

source:

https://star.mt.co.kr/stview.php?no=2022081423111822969

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 7

23 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

I am behind on all my shows this week as it had been really hectic. Did they solve the serial murder case yet in eps 4 ?

I just got around to watching ep 3 and 4.

Spoiler

The team figured out the serial murder is the bus driver and caught him, but he is being difficult during the interrogations. He’s denying himself as the serial killer and not making it easy for the detectives to close the case out. One of KDC and OJH’s teammate connected the white-dress victims through his bus route, but he noted that the TJ employee (WTH’s staff) does not fit in there. So, TBD on this part...

The Cheon family is a bit nutty, but I find Cheon Na Na interesting here. I am curious what she's up to. Since her brother's victim and OJH's former boss/senior meets with her, I do lean toward that she's connected to what's going on. Regarding her relationship with WTH, she doesn't seem to trust him because she believes he's her brother's "spy". Still early, but I do feel that WTH does care for her.

The other interesting part is the introduction of the chief's daughter. She fell for OJH...love at first sight. LOL. Coincidentally though, she's an employee for TJ Group who is working under OJH's former boss/senior. TJ Group might be purposely using her. However, I think OJH is smart and will figure it out.

I am happy to see Eun Hye as a recurring character here. It's touching how KDC regards her as his daughter and OJH says she's family. I hope her past will just let her be free and live a good life.

• Thanks 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Thanks @peperomia I am all caught up. Really good episodes.  The team is working so well this season and everyone's like a big family. I love the bits of humor we get here & there.  I am also glad we continue to have Eun Hye on the show - at least we get some follow up to how things are for her. It is very realistic that her past would catch up with her from time to time. But I hope she'd tell DC & sis about her being harassed. I know she doesn't want to worry them but all the more she needs to let them know. 

With regards to the serial killer, I am confused about the relationship  that he has with his step sister. Did her mother abuse him or he was upset that the step mother supposedly seduced his father ? He seems to put blame on the step mother for how he's turned out. And I don't understand why the step sis would go see him - does she feel bad that he's turned out like that because of her mother? And is this killer is trying to pull the mental illness card or something to get a lesser sentence? He's quite a twisty character. 

I find the Cheon siblings dynamics rather interesting as well - and yes especially Cheon Nana. I don't think the siblings share the same mother. And it's hinted that the mother who killed herself had a very oppressive relationship with the father. Of course the siblings must be fighting for the father's Chairman seat, and Woo TH is caught in this tug of war. Interestingly , the siblings don't trust him fully. So I am surprised Nana married him. Doesn't feel like she married him for love (maybe he cares for her). But I get sense that the father (Chairman) trusts WTH more than his own kids. 

• Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 3

7 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

The team is working so well this season and everyone's like a big family. I love the bits of humor we get here & there. 

Same! This is the best part of the show for me. I liked that it was a team effort in nabbing the bus driver.

I am also glad we continue to have Eun Hye on the show - at least we get some follow up to how things are for her. It is very realistic that her past would catch up with her from time to time. But I hope she'd tell DC & sis about her being harassed. I know she doesn't want to worry them but all the more she needs to let them know.

You have a good point here. Because DC tends to be emotionally reactive, I think that’s why Eun Hye chose to reach out to JH instead and why JH hasn’t told DC yet. I do agree that DC and his sister should know about the situation. I sense that she’s still adapting to the idea that their family. I think she’ll eventually get there and realize it’s best (and okay) to share her burdens with them. On another note, I liked that she befriended grandpa. He doesn’t have any family left either so it would be nice if they became friends as well.

With regards to the serial killer, I am confused about the relationship  that he has with his step sister. Did her mother abuse him or he was upset that the step mother supposedly seduced his father ? He seems to put blame on the step mother for how he's turned out. And I don't understand why the step sis would go see him - does she feel bad that he's turned out like that because of her mother? And is this killer is trying to pull the mental illness card or something to get a lesser sentence? He's quite a twisty character.

This part was confusing because the way he was talking to his sister was incoherent. From what I understood, he blames her mother for seducing his father. Not sure if he also blames her mother for his father’s death, but he attributes his difficult life to it and the mother/daughter leaving for the U.S. I know, right? I asked myself why the sister would seek him too. She told JH that she came to Korea to trace her roots and wanted to see her brother for the last time because she wasn’t going to come back. I assume she found out he’s a killer from meeting him again (she didn’t know before). She’s keeping silent due to guilt and believing his outcome is her fault.

I find the Cheon siblings dynamics rather interesting as well - and yes especially Cheon Nana. I don't think the siblings share the same mother. And it's hinted that the mother who killed herself had a very oppressive relationship with the father. Of course the siblings must be fighting for the father's Chairman seat, and Woo TH is caught in this tug of war. Interestingly , the siblings don't trust him fully. So I am surprised Nana married him. Doesn't feel like she married him for love (maybe he cares for her). But I get sense that the father (Chairman) trusts WTH more than his own kids.

I got the impression that the siblings have different mothers as well. From the flashback, the brother believed that Na Na’s mother was after the family money. Originally, Na Na was probably not interested in TJ Group, but after her mother died, I get the impression she’s in it for revenge and to stand up for herself (as opposed to her mother who gave up on her life). Yes, WTH in the middle of their strife makes it an interesting mix. I don’t think she married him out of love either. Maybe her father arranged their marriage and she agreed to it to please him (as part of her plan). The father does seem to trust WTH more than his kids. The kids know this too.

I like the actors playing the brother and WTH. I first saw the brother, Choi Dae Hoon, in Beyond Evil which he impressed me there. I know WTH, Jung Moon Sung, from Hospital Playlist. Very cool that he took on a serious/darker role. I don’t know the actress playing Na Na, but she’s doing a good job here.

I haven't seen ep 5 yet, but most likely will watch it with ep 6.

• Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 3

I'm up to date too! Must say there are some perks to being behind - means I didn't have to wait to see the resolution of the white dress serial murder case.

2 hilarious scenes in the last few episodes:

Tis good to have a colleague who is rich! This was one of my first reactions when watching Season 1 - not many police dramas with rich detectives. So often, they are pressured because they need to keep their jobs. So it was very refreshing when Ji Hyeok showed up in his flashy sports car! And now, he is the fall guy for all the problematic actions the team takes. So useful! I didn't know though that Oh Ji Hyeok was higher rank than Kang Do Chang.

Source: @MlleDreamMaker

On one hand I think, if you love the guy, you should understand his nature and how committed he is to his work. It doesn't mean he loves you any less. On the other hand, how many woman can take this? 😱😂 Looks like they didn't get married right?

Park-Hyo-Joo.jpg

Son-Hyun-Joo-1.jpg

• Clapping Hands 3
  • Party! 1
On 8/15/2022 at 8:57 PM, abs-oluteM said:

On 8/16/2022 at 4:24 AM, peperomia said:

This part was confusing because the way he was talking to his sister was incoherent. From what I understood, he blames her mother for seducing his father. Not sure if he also blames her mother for his father’s death, but he attributes his difficult life to it and the mother/daughter leaving for the U.S. I know, right? I asked myself why the sister would seek him too. She told JH that she came to Korea to trace her roots and wanted to see her brother for the last time because she wasn’t going to come back. I assume she found out he’s a killer from meeting him again (she didn’t know before). She’s keeping silent due to guilt and believing his outcome is her fault.

I think he had a good relationship with the sister prior to the parents dying. In that one scene when they were children, they had smiles on their faces before the parents started arguing. So when the sister was sent overseas (probably adopted after the parents died), he may have blamed her for "leaving" him to suffer and thinking she led a good life in America.

However, it seems that she too suffered mentally and became a nun. She may have returned to Korea to look for him and (a) tie up loose ends and start life anew or (b) she could even have planned to commit suicide thereafter because she is likely suffering from depression. It doesn't seem like she knew he was a murderer before he told her (the translator said she had a stress breakdown after that meeting). So when she knew, she felt guilt and responsibility for her mother (and thus her) having caused him to become a killer. Killing herself to free him was not a difficult decision then.

Originally I thought he was abused by the step-mother after his father died. But looks like she was just a flirty person (= the red lipstick). Perhaps he associated her flirtatiousness as the cause of his father's death and his life thereafter. Likely he had a tough time as an orphan too.

Do we consider psychopaths as mentally ill? The fact that his motive was a result of the psychological effects of his step-mother may mean he is. But probably not to the extent that he can be excused for the actions he took. When he knew he was going to be caught, he injected himself with drugs, so that it would show up in the tests and he could use it as an excuse for his behaviour with the woman. It was a contingency plan for that one incident. He was never going to admit that he was the serial killer.

Edited by Chocolate
  • Insightful 3