The Good Detective 2 - 모범형사2 [2022]

@Chocolate @peperomia I like this season as much as the first. Maybe CNN wasn't as smart a villain ( last season's "bad guy" , Lee Elijah's boss was definitely more layered) but things felt a bit more cohesive for me this round. I can imagine CNN letting out that secret because in the very first place her motive has always been driven by insecurity and inferiority complex. Her scheming and engineering were born out of a necessity to take back what she thinks she's been denied off. She is fragile and emotional. Though she was clever in some ways, she's bound to slip up because she was already quite on the edge towards the end.

I think I won't mind a 3rd season. Jang Seung Jo said he enjoyed filming this so much this season as he got to be with the team a lot. In S1 he had many scenes alone. The team's dynamics this season is awesome and it's not just them that had character development . Even the Chief who always didn't want them to create a ruckus ended up supporting them in his own roundabout way. 

Gonna miss them

FdV_vgXVIAAgLMS?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

@Chocolate @abs-oluteM I agree with everything that you both said about CNN as a villain and her demise. She should've been more wise about being tapped as this tactic was originally devised by her self, but she was quickly losing her wits so at the same time, I wasn't surprised by this major misstep by her. I kind of liked that CSW thought of this way to catch her and gave her a taste of her own medicine. (By the way, Choi Dae Hoon was excellent in ep 16. I enjoyed the last episode partly because of him.)

Some things I wasn't impressed with were ---

• I thought CNN's reason for fatally striking JHJ was weak. She got emotionally enraged because JHJ wished her happiness with WTH?
  • I understand CNN had gone mad at this point, but the yelling and screaming was too much for me.

However, I do think there's more to the show than the crime solving. I liked how it incorporated the detectives' compassion to the victims and their loved ones. Eun Hye and grandpa were a delight in season 2. I was touched when KDC said that it was JHJ and grandpa who made him want to solve this case. We saw tears roll down grandpa's face when he heard the real culprit was finally caught. It seemed he also knew that Eun Hye and KDC were wearing the shoes that he gifted to them. Although we didn't get to see it, I believe this all meant that he was going to wake up from his coma.

On 9/23/2022 at 6:59 AM, abs-oluteM said:

I think I won't mind a 3rd season. Jang Seung Jo said he enjoyed filming this so much this season as he got to be with the team a lot. In S1 he had many scenes alone. The team's dynamics this season is awesome and it's not just them that had character development . Even the Chief who always didn't want them to create a ruckus ended up supporting them in his own roundabout way. 

Gonna miss them

Same. Although no official announcement, I am expecting there will be a season 3. LOL. If JSJ enjoyed the filming season 2 more because he got to be with the team, I assume the rest of the team did as well. This seems like a good sign for a potential season 3 if everyone is up for it. I'm going to miss them too!

On 9/22/2022 at 6:13 AM, Chocolate said:

Follow-up on KDC's love life.

She was telling him she was free for dinner, but he said wait, and went off to handle some traffic incident 🤣

I think perhaps woman may suit him better. She seems to know him well.

OMG...I had exactly the same thoughts about Yoon Sang Mi. I ship her with KDC. Maybe season 3? LOL. But yes, the scene of KDC abruptly pausing his date for his work (again) was hilarious.

On 9/22/2022 at 6:13 AM, Chocolate said:

And a final observation:

Hahaha. I've taken notice of this too, but JSJ is still so handsome!

(I'm going to watch Blind next.)

Edited by peperomia
  • Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 2
  • 1 month later...

Ohmygosh! Finally! This drama is now airing on Netflix, so I'm deep into some binge watching. I've missed this team of detectives, and had taken to re-watching Season 1 when I couldn't watch Season 2.

Just finished the first 2 episodes, and I already love the dynamic between KDC and OJH. "What was that nickname they called you? Was it lunatic?" "No. It was Absolute Lunatic."  LOL  I also love the team of detectives, and appreciate that it's showing us their team dynamics even more this season. They aren't angels, but they are all trying to do the right thing, even if sometimes they're being dragged kicking and screaming.  I also appreciate the deeper delve into KDC's trauma over his arrests which ended up in deaths over crimes they didn't commit, even if this season's Kim Hyeong Bok doesn't quite carry the weight of Eun Hye's father's story from season 1.

I don't know if anyone else is watching this drama now, long after its broadcast, but I thought I would post some thoughts about it here on this thread anyway. Anyway, so far, I'm thoroughly entertained by being back in the world of KDC and OJH, even if I'm not as vested in the big serial killer for this season yet.

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
10 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Ohmygosh! Finally! This drama is now airing on Netflix, so I'm deep into some binge watching. I've missed this team of detectives, and had taken to re-watching Season 1 when I couldn't watch Season 2.

Just finished the first 2 episodes, and I already love the dynamic between KDC and OJH. "What was that nickname they called you? Was it lunatic?" "No. It was Absolute Lunatic."  LOL  I also love the team of detectives, and appreciate that it's showing us their team dynamics even more this season. They aren't angels, but they are all trying to do the right thing, even if sometimes they're being dragged kicking and screaming.  I also appreciate the deeper delve into KDC's trauma over his arrests which ended up in deaths over crimes they didn't commit, even if this season's Kim Hyeong Bok doesn't quite carry the weight of Eun Hye's father's story from season 1.

I don't know if anyone else is watching this drama now, long after its broadcast, but I thought I would post some thoughts about it here on this thread anyway. Anyway, so far, I'm thoroughly entertained by being back in the world of KDC and OJH, even if I'm not as vested in the big serial killer for this season yet.

I'm actually watching this last week, but stopped because distracted with so many other new dramas 😂 I stopped at 4, and when have time will pick this back. 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

9 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

I'm actually watching this last week, but stopped because distracted with so many other new dramas 😂 I stopped at 4, and when have time will pick this back. 

I'm totally binging whenever I have a spare moment! I love the dynamic between OJH and KDC, and how they both have these reputations for letting nothing stand in the way of solving their cases.

Hope you'll get a chance to post some of your thoughts when you pick it back up!

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

So, I liked Season 2, mostly because the camaraderie within the Violent Crimes Division 2 Team was better and there was more of it. My main gripe with Season 2 has to do with the villain. I found CNN rather annoying more than anything. As a character, rather than being a mastermind manipulator which I think was what they were trying to go for, she's rather emotional and full of histrionics, plus her big thing was that she could get men to do things for her, e.g. her husband, Daniel Cha, the head security guy, etc. Except she kind of couldn't? So, when she was trying to play OJH and he was trying to play her as well, it didn't really come off for me. Either she's stupid for not being able to see through his ploy given the background she was able to get on him, or she overrates her femme fatale charms way too highly.

It was nice to see Oh Jung Se as OJH's evil brother again, and he exuded more evil in his one cameo than CNN did through the entire run of the drama. The other cameo that rocked was Shin Dong Mi who slipped easily back into her character.

I will say that the whole Cheon family were pretty repulsive, individually and collectively, so there is that, I suppose.

Fortunately, there were enough stories about OJH and KDC plus the team,not to mention KDC's sister and Eun Hye that it was still worth watching, even if the main plot line was rather obvious and kind of lame. Plus, I do rather like how the captain and commander were further developed in the story.

Having said all that, I still want a 3rd season, if the entire cast is up for it. I really do love the interactions amongst the team members of the Violent Crimes Division 2 team!

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 3