Police University - 경찰수업 [2021]

@TRaNzSaw in Naver, rating for ep 1 quite high 5.2% ! 

Some soompi articles :

https://www.soompi.com/article/1482942wpp/cha-tae-hyun-says-krystal-reminds-him-of-a-younger-jun-ji-hyun-at-police-university-press-conference

https://www.soompi.com/article/1482997wpp/cha-tae-hyun-rates-jinyoung-and-krystals-chemistry-in-police-university-talks-about-his-friendly-approach-to-rookie-actors

CTH really funny lols, he dragged the director for the dance to practice with him. His wife told him not being nosey with new actors ahahaha.... 

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

@SilverMoonTea @abs-oluteM

Im always on the darkside and "acquiring" them this way. LOL

Just watched the first ep during work because well I dont care to much of my job anymore. hahaha

ANYWAY.....I NEED EP 2. HAHAHAHAHAHA

I like it so far, i feel theres going to be frustrating episodes due to the events that happened in ep1 and how SunHo tries to go through the Police Academy with CTH on his back.

Spoiler

Kinda silly how he chose his college choice because he saw a gorgeous girl at a judo tournament. LOL

Then now we learn hes going to push himself through that Police school just to get closer to her. hahaha dork, but required coz we want that love line happening.

I liked how the boys (SH and SB) grew up, fighting when kids but as they got older, you can see them change as their behaviour towards each other is different. That was nice.

Am happy to wrestle with Krystal...even more happy to be beaten up by her....LMFAO :laugh:

• Haha 4

-- Survives on Bubble Milk Tea, Burgers, Fries, Chicken Nuggets and Fried Chicken --

-- Currently watching: {not watching anything at the moment} --

3 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Whenever you write things like that , I feel you will be opening a ship thread soon...

She probably will! I told @SilverMoonTea that Jinyoung falls in love with Krystal's character at first sight and she told me that she's not surprise because Krystal is pretty. I remember Tea mentioned once she likes some build up to things like that. Accepting it means she has accepted this ship. :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Party! 1
3 minutes ago, TRaNz said:

Hide contents

Kinda silly how he chose his college choice because he saw a gorgeous girl at a judo tournament. LOL

I also choose my university & major a bit randomly lols. I heard my sister's friend that not super diligent got good result lols. So I was thinking I must be able to thrive there 😅. Who knows when I enter it become kind of hard lols.

13 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Whenever you write things like that , I feel you will be opening a ship thread soon...

No don't worry @Tofu, haven't strike my ship chord yet. Even the name JungxJung, so shippable lols. @TRaNzcan open if he want hahaha... I have too many ships already 😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

The top 10 dramas that generated the most buzz in the first week of August are as follows:

1. tvN “Hospital Playlist 2”
2. SBS “The Penthouse 3”
3. tvN “The Devil Judge”
4. tvN “You Are My Spring”
5. TV Chosun “Love (Ft. Marriage and Divorce) 2”
6. JTBC “Nevertheless”
7. JTBC “Monthly Magazine Home”
8. tvN “The Road: The Tragedy of One”
9. KBS2 “Revolutionary Sisters”
10. KBS2 “Police University”

This is a good start for Police University. 

@TRaNzSo based on ep 1, do you think this drama is special enough to be able to hit 10% marks? 

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Clapping Hands 3

@SilverMoonTea

I dont know about hitting 10%, I need another ep or so to guess. LOL. im definitely strong on the in between 5%-9% consistent throughout though.

haha comes in rank 10...this show should trump past 6th position easy. Nevertheless soo trash now. they lost it. hahaha

Spoiler

had a thought.

KH talked in her Police Uni entrance interview about the police hiring a thief to help catch other thieves back in the olden days. Im pretty sure thats gonna be the case here once DM realizes the strong capabilities SH can do with his hacking skills.

Also the realization when they find out who their "darknet" names are. hahahaha

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 3

-- Survives on Bubble Milk Tea, Burgers, Fries, Chicken Nuggets and Fried Chicken --

I want to say I LOVE the 1st episode. It was a very engaging way to introduce the characters and plenty of comedic moments.

But I felt myself tearing up for the moments between Sun Ho and his "dad/ uncle". The old man loves him like his own and never discriminated between SH and his own son. SH loves him as much , and you can tell he is extremely grateful that dad raised him. But the traffic light scene after he took them out from the police station  was a very symbolic scene of how Sun Ho feels about their relationship. No matter what, the man is still not his father. That is why SH had never been demanding or even has any dream or desire. He  did not ever want to be a  burden to the dad . That is why I loved that dad took him to the police interview the next day and encouraged him so that he would not give up on this "dream" . True that he didn't exactly choose to be a cop for the right reasons , but I think this might very well be his calling  because I can imagine his hacker skills being used in the cyber crime unit.

Apart from the potential romance between the leads, I am looking forward to the mentor -mentee relationship between Dong Man and Sun Ho. It definitely did not start off on the right foot since Dong Man caught SH for syphoning money out the cryptocurrency site ( I will give SH a pass since we know it was done out of desperation for dad's surgery). And I can imagine now that Dong Man will be picking on Sun Ho non-stop. But what is going to be really fun is when DM realises that SH has been his secret online friend who has helped him with all the cyber knowledge all this while. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

51 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

But what is going to be really fun is when DM realises that SH has been his secret online friend who has helped him with all the cyber knowledge all this while.

Yaassss THISSSS!!!!

hahahaha going to be such a greatttt and hopefully big moment, maybe with some funny bits thrown in too. :hug:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Ep 1 

Kang Sun Ho 

He's so good at making his ownself lonely. He excluded himself from his adoptive dad and his real son. And I can understand his love of the first sight is not really because of her look, but he admired her passion for life. Eventhough he think himself as someone without passion, in my opinion he have it in himself, but because of his family background he lack of confidence in himself to even try to dream. His ID code is even named as "Yoon", I guess it showed how much he longing to have Mr. Yoon surname. 

Yoon Sung Beom

He doesn't seems to be very bright lols, but he's really good at making decision ( kind of without thinking, but somehow it's admirable lols). He seems a simpleton character but I have to say I think he can lead people in the future. 

Yoo Dong Man

He's just too passionate for his own good lols. I was laughing a lot when he said, "This is why we always lost the criminal, because of the speeding ticket". 

Overall episode 1 have a good balance of being sad and funny. The OST and BGM also quite spot on. The family love given by Mr. Yoon really warmed my heart too. I think we can have high hope about the rating. It's a solid start. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

1 hour ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Found this character chart to help us with the names.

Whoaaaa that chartt has soo much more I didnt know about...maybe I shouldnt have seen it just to give me the wow factor. LOLjkz

Can almost forsee the entanglements just by going from that diagram of characters. hahahaha nice find

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Party! 1

@SilverMoonTea @TRaNz I think you have to be a detective to be able to figure that character chart. LOL

------

Eps 2 spoilers ...

Hmmm she has an awful mum.

Funny scene!

Spoiler

I believe that he will forever be harping on Sun Ho's mistake because it screwed up his operations , not so much that he wants SH to learn

Spoiler

Oooooo this development is faster than I expected

Preview

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Star Struck 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

The character chart. :BulbaConfused:

9 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

But the traffic light scene after he took them out from the police station  was a very symbolic scene of how Sun Ho feels about their relationship.

Yes! I kept thinking to myself, "Run, don't get stuck behind!". When he did and just continue to look at the backs of his "dad" and "brother", I felt the hesitation of wanting to be part of the family but understanding that he's not. I am grateful the dad took him to the police interview even if the interest started because of a girl. Sun Ho needs a purpose in life and I think being part of the police academy (err...university) will help him find that. 

So far I've enjoyed the first episode and will keep watching to see what happens. I've been pretty selective on what Korean dramas I pick up because Chinese dramaland keeps dropping the dramas I've been waiting for. This is what happens when I watch from both dramalands -- so many dramas, not enough time. :jiminbtssigh:

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 1

“Police University” Sees Rise In Ratings For Second Episode

Aug 11, 2021
by C. Hong

“Police University” saw a rise in ratings for its second episode!

According to Nielsen Korea, the August 10 episode of KBS’s “Police University” recorded average nationwide ratings of 6.5 percent, a 1.3 percent increase over the premiere episode‘s ratings of 5.2 percent.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2
  • Party! 2

The fight between the brothers almost felt like it was needed for both to be honest with their feelings. Sometimes frustration can build up because you're trying to be so mindful of the other person. 

I'm glad Dong Man made Sun Ho the captain of the third unit. It's nice to see him finally have a purpose and feel a sense of responsibility. To be honest, I was surprised when Dong Man let the brothers go like that. Regardless of their intentions, both brothers stole money even if it was from bad people. I felt they needed to face the consequences for that. They are 19 or 20 years old, which I feel is old enough to know what's right from wrong. In today's episode, we learned that he did it twice -- once for his father and the second time for his brother. Dong Man wasn't wrong when he told Sun Ho that it becomes a habit once you start trying to justify why it's ok to do something wrong. 

Interested to see how Dong Man's and Sun Ho's relationship is going to change now that Dong Man knows Sun Ho is his hacker friend. 

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 1
4 hours ago, Tofu said:

To be honest, I was surprised when Dong Man let the brothers go like that. Regardless of their intentions, both brothers stole money even if it was from bad people.

I think DM let go of the brothers do have some justification from law point of view. Since they're hacking illegal sites, the site itself won't report to police even if they lost money. 

Spoiler

20210811-144209.jpg

But normal legal sites can be punished up to max 5 yrs or paid 50million KRW. 

Spoiler

20210811-144155.jpg

But I agree with you, he still let them go pretty easily. Perhaps because he also felt bad for hitting their fathers. 

Source

https://iclg.com/practice-areas/cybersecurity-laws-and-regulations/korea

• Like 2
  • Insightful 3

Ep 2

It's somehow become interesting that Kang Hee's mom have criminal record. So in Korea if your family have criminal record, still can apply to become police? I guess it should be, but I'm just wondering if it add the complicacy. 

And btw why Sung Beom not disclosing to the family that he's accepted in military school? He want to give the spotlight to Sun Ho? Or because he's some sort of sacrifice himself to military (I assume the school fees will be cheaper?) 

Sun Ho is so kind when helping his team member doing the duckhead walk. So sad for him, but he win his team loyalty & friendship. @LaLaactually I'm quite touched with this scene. Hope you will try to continue it. 

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 2

2 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

And btw why Sung Beom not disclosing to the family that he's accepted in military school? He want to give the spotlight to Sun Ho?

I think that is the primary reason. The love and bond between the brothers are very strong. When they trashed out, fought and finally made up , I cried with them too when they started crying. I can see why Sun Ho took  the $5000 out ...he cannot bear seeing SB not have a college degree. Their relationship is better than most real siblings.

Eps 2 was so good. Funny and touching. I can understand Dong Man picking on Sun Ho, and thinking that SH should not have been there . Especially now that it has been revealed that SH transferred out $$ twice. Of course we know that SH wasn't doing this out of greed but coming from DM's perspective , a crime is still a crime. And how can a criminal be in the force. Nevertheless, DM's petty and sometimes unfair picking at SH did get on my nerves. Mainly because, DM had been the one to let him go in the 1st place and I have a feeling that DM was doing this out of personal reasons ( being demoted ). 

While SH lacks the physical fitness & skills  , I agree with his team mates that he would make a good cop. He's got his heart in the right place and the necessary intelligence to do detective work. Physical fitness will come with time, (and training)  but character is not something you can change. He just needs to believe himself and like Kang Hee says to be the best version of himself. Really like SH's personality and I am a sucker when it comes to rooting for the underdog. So I can't wait to see him make it. 

Talking about KH, I think I can see why it was imperative for her to make it here. Given her troubled background, I think there is really no option for her but to succeed. She's pretty cool and I did like  her interactions with SH . I was pleasantly surprised that they didn't go for the bickering route with these two ( ahahah think they are leaving that to DM vs SH). The romance will be quite sweet though it won't be front & centre. Plus there's a love triangle though the rival seems rather arrogant to me. 

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

Really enjoyed the first episode! I like the setting and premise. There's enough comedy to laugh out loud, but also some touching scenes. I teared up at the "father-son" scenes. Then the love-at-first-sight thing is played out quite nicely. 

The opening was great with the scenes transitioning part, and that mustang yellow whole suit is just so loud, haha....

The ending got me worried, although it's obvious he will make it in, but I still felt the "uh-oh".... Continuing to ep.2!

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 3
  • Party! 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Some spoiler based on character introduction :

Kang Sun Ho

Colorless guy who become brighter because of his first love. Will get involved with Dong Man a lot.

20210809-204633.jpg

Dong Man 

Been detective for 20 years, often change department, very passionate and has been chasing illegal gambling for 2 years, that seems to be related with some death. 

20210809-204642.jpg

Kang Hee

Her mother have 3 criminal offenses. Everyone laugh at her, as she want to become police, despite of her background. 

20210809-204649.jpg

Park Min Gyu 

He's raised in family of lawyers. He wants to become prosecutor but also want to try to become policeman. Kang Hee is the daughter's defendant that he saw before from his father trial. 

Spoiler

20210811-233111.jpg

Noh Bom Tae 

His grandfather is policeman, so he want to work there. He will become Sun Ho's roommate. He accepted after 3x failed. He's an informant king and know a lot of information. 

Spoiler

20210811-233102.jpg

Jo Jun Wook 

He's cute, good at talking and very friendly. Eonju will come into his life one day. 

Spoiler

20210811-233052.jpg

Han Min Gook, Yoon Na Rae, Lee Eon Ju (no pictures) 

All senior in 2rd / 3rd year

Choi Hee Soo

Judo club professor, gentle and can joke with students. There is rumour of her marriage after her retirement as an athlete. But suddenly one day she just return to school.

Spoiler

20210811-233800.jpg

Kwon Hyuk Pil

Law professor and in charge of student council. Elite who worked in main office. Feared by students. Strong principled, never correcting any student's grades in his 5 years service. 

Spoiler

20210811-233810.jpg

Baek Hee

In charge to give life guidance. Sensitive & picky. 

Spoiler

20210811-233821.jpg

Source : Link 

I used google translation. @LaLaplease feel free to add / correct me.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 4

@abs-oluteM @SilverMoonTea Their brotherly bond was so heartwarming to watch. I agreed that Sun Ho couldn't bare to watch his brother be without the funds to create a better future. Maybe he feels he owes it to his brother/dad because of how they both accepted him when he had no one. 

4 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

I have a feeling that DM was doing this out of personal reasons ( being demoted )

But he knew that because the other police officer said that he would get in trouble if he let them go. Dong Man seems very rigid in his approach to things and I wonder if that's because the accident/case the other police officer mentioned. Nevertheless, he was petty in some of the scenes and I'm just over here thinking -- We don't have time for negative energy! :KittyBan::niu:

I'm actually ok with no bickering between Sun Ho and Kang Hee. There's too much going on between Sun Ho and Dong Man already, more bickering would just turn me off to the drama completely. Here's to hoping I didn't just jinx myself. :laugh:

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 1