Su Xiao Tong as Chu Chu
Wang Zi Qi as Xiao Jinyu
Yang Ting Dong as JingYu
Zhao Yao Ke as Leng Yue
Wang Yan Xin
Guo Qiu Cheng
Mu Huai Hu

Synopsis:

Young girl Chu Chu came from a family of coroners. She meets Prince Xiao Jinyu, a dignified prince in charge of criminal lawsuit who appeared weak and sickly. Prince Xiao lacks reliable manpower to investigate case, while Chu Chu lacks people to stepup, take charge and be a man. 
 Together, they manage to unravel a shocking case that has dragged on for 18 years. After solving the case, she won the Emperor's approval and is finally certified as the Imperial Coroner, fulfilling her life goal.

(Source: DramaWiki, Baidu)

* Adapted from novel 御赐小仵作 by 清闲丫头 (Qingxian Ya Tou)

Additional Links

Weibo l Baidu l Douban

• Like 3

not a bad watch....even though the cases are a little over everywhere....i like how there is no girl in disguise as a boy to get into the employment with the government to be a coroner, chemistry in between the cast is soft.....nothing explosive and i do not mind it...i like the pacing so far....

@Tofu @SilverMoonTea @Alice Wonderland @40somethingahjumma

u guys might want to consider? hahaha....its not a very long episodes just around 30-35mins per episodes after all

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Ok, I checked out the first two episodes and it was actually pretty good. I hope that it continues on at this pace because if it does, it's definitely one of the better detective costume dramas that I've seen. 

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Tofu said:

Ok, I checked out the first two episodes and it was actually pretty good. I hope that it continues on at this pace because if it does, it's definitely one of the better detective costume dramas that I've seen. 

hehehe im all caught up and i cant wait for the next episodes, the real nature of ChuChu birth is reveal!!!

and who she actually is also reveal

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1
15 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

hehehe im all caught up and i cant wait for the next episodes, the real nature of ChuChu birth is reveal!!!

and who she actually is also reveal

What?! I'm curious now. I'm not that far yet. I'm only on episode 7 or 8.

These character posters are really nice. I like the ambiance/style of how they were captured. 

srQCh3x.jpg

Spoiler

CFMld41.jpg

gcuefiN.jpg

sU4rqKU.jpg

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
On 5/3/2021 at 8:12 PM, NiteWalker said:

u will know right on the dot of episode 12 and they they leave u hanging...i say go slower...we need to wait for thursday after all lols

I'm on episode 10 now. I'm trying to watch it slowly because of what you said. Haha!!

Chu Chu is very smart and I love the scenes of her doing the autopsies. 

The relationship chart didn't show that many people but I swear, so many characters have been introduced. Haha!

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, Tofu said:

The relationship chart didn't show that many people but I swear, so many characters have been introduced. Haha!

others is mainly just the sides characters so that they plots or stories wont look so empty....i kinda like the emperor...the emperor always bear a disapproving looks however he is trying hard not to let ppl know that he show favoritism....also at the same times the enuch besides him, he doesnt seem to really trust him either....

24 minutes ago, Tofu said:

Chu Chu is very smart and I love the scenes of her doing the autopsies.

yes i like a smart woman nowadays in a drama, even though she does seems a lil naïve on certain things though lols....her concept of life seems pretty innocent i felt

• Like 2

Started watching this today and before I knew it I’m now on Episode 10. It’s very decent and vaguely reminds me of Miss Truth. Set around the same period? The male lead looks a bit like Toby Li as well. 

This is my kind of show. Smart leads and the focus is on the job not the romance. Happy there’s no love triangle in sight.

My curiosity about Chu Chu’s parentage has been piqued.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

I'm really really fond of this show. So fond that I'm rewatching all the available episodes. It is so good to be able to have a decent detective show to sink one's teeth into. There are no big names here but the script is excellent and the cast does well.

On one level Chu Chu is simple-minded and naive but she's brilliant as a coroner and she's very practically minded. She even built a chicken coop overnight in Prince An's residential area. It's not too surprising that the bookish Jinyu is attracted to her despite all his suspicions because she's so straightforward and enthusiastic. 

The refreshing thing is that as a whole there are so many intelligent people in one space. The good guys, the bad ones, the ones we're not sure about... all are fascinating. I'm even warming up to the romance which I was initially ambivalent about. There's not a lot of heat but they've had some cute moments especially during the reenactments. Of course now that Jinyu has clearly fallen for Chu Chu things will escalate in that department and he will not only have to put his life on the line but his reputation as well as family concerns.

More of this on my blog:

https://40somethingahjumma.substack.com/p/the-imperial-coroner-2021

This is a show I highly recommend.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

20 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

On one level Chu Chu is simple-minded and naive but she's brilliant as a coroner and she's very practically minded. She even built a chicken coop overnight in Prince An's residential area. It's not too surprising that the bookish Jinyu is attracted to her despite all his suspicions because she's so straightforward and enthusiastic. 

i guess that happen when you grow up in a group of males families instead of having a female in ur life as well

• Like 2

A dump of 12 episodes was made yesterday. A very pleasant surprise. I finished them all yesterday and rewatched them today. 

They've finally ramped up the Qianzhou storyline and the romance of course. A number of cute scenes involving the leads. 

Here are some thoughts on the leads...

This is undoubtedly one of the best detective shows all year. No question about it. The writing is top-notch.

Edited by 40somethingahjumma
  • Like 1
  • Insightful 1

@NiteWalker No, only up to Episode 30. 

The remaining episodes will probably be downloaded on Friday. 

It's really all good stuff. Worth watching and rewatching. This has been a surprise hit.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

@NiteWalker No, only up to Episode 30. 

The remaining episodes will probably be downloaded on Friday. 

It's really all good stuff. Worth watching and rewatching. This has been a surprise hit.

totally right? i love their soft chemistry in between the cast, i even overlook the sloopy hair of JingYu whenever he is not in the official garb lols

• Like 1
  • Haha 1