The Imperial Coroner 御赐小仵作 [2021]

@abs-oluteM
If you've watched Episode 14, the identity of Prince Chang is revealed at the start. 

Politics is the reason why a betrothal between Leng Yue and Jinli was instigated. Her grandfather is the great general of the main military force in the Southwest of which Jinli is also a general. He is also Princess Xiping's uncle. The idea is to keep the old man in line just in case he has other ideas. Also if he passes then Jinli can take over his position. At least that's the rationale given to the emperor.

As far as Jing Yi's dad is concerned, he doesn't want his family to get embroiled with the complexity of being connected with the Leng family or accused of marrying his son off to the Leng family in order strengthen his hold on political power in the country. It's not a good look for him.

Leng Yue is a great character indeed. She has her own skill set which Jinyu uses very well. The way he deploys his people is a mark of his great leadership skills. 

The show does a good job with the ensemble cast. No one is wasted. (Even the annoying Chu He)

• Insightful 1
  • Haha 1

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

4 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

The show does a good job with the ensemble cast. No one is wasted. (Even the annoying Chu He)

i dislike him at first then i started to see where he stand too....all he care about is his own family and their righteousness ideas...

and he only aim to protect his family as well as ChuChu, he might feel more than he should with ChuChu however he didnt became the annoying pursuer that tried something to the extreme to win the girl...

and he is not JinYu who live and learn to lead from a very young age...and learn to look at a bigger picture too

• Clapping Hands 1
53 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

i dislike him at first then i started to see where he stand too....all he care about is his own family and their righteousness ideas...

and he only aim to protect his family as well as ChuChu, he might feel more than he should with ChuChu however he didnt became the annoying pursuer that tried something to the extreme to win the girl...

and he is not JinYu who live and learn to lead from a very young age...and learn to look a bigger picture too

I don't  have a problem with him having feelings with Chu Chu or wanting to protect his family. I have a problem with him letting Xu Rugui go. That was an idiotic move in any language. Does he think he knows better than Jinyu? He's a simple-minded guy with only partial knowledge of what's going on. 

If he really wanted to protect Chu Chu, he should have kept his jealousy under wraps because he gave himself and Chu Chu away. From the moment he saw Chu Chu with those men, his emotions were all over the place. His defensiveness was weird right from the start.

To me he's a hiccup... and largely irrelevant. A character that pretty much had only one purpose in the entire drama.

• Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

15 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

If he really wanted to protect Chu Chu, he should have kept his jealousy under wraps because he gave himself and Chu Chu away. From the moment he saw Chu Chu with those men, his emotions were all over the place. His defensiveness was weird right from the start.

didnt like him from the start because it was clearly he is harboring something more than that with ChuChu, not that because I cant accept it...it just not along the lines i felt, and his defensiveness with JinYu kinda felt off with me....

• Like 1
6 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

don't  have a problem with him having feelings with Chu Chu or wanting to protect his family. I have a problem with him letting Xu Rugui go. That was an idiotic move in any language. Does he think he knows better than Jinyu? He's a simple-minded guy with only partial knowledge of what's going on. 

I am right at that episode , and just came to say  what an idiot this Chu He is. For someone who is supposedly trained as a coroner, how can you trust the words of a man you have just met . 

But I do really like eps 18...seeing Jin Yu get angry with Chu chu for jumping into the river made my day. Somebody please tell the man he is in love. I know her background being a rebel's daughter ( not confirmed at this point ) may be a small stumbling block for the pair but I trust Jin Yu's character enough to know he will get to the bottom of things.

@NiteWalker I see them doing a lot interviews all of a sudden...are they getting a lot of buzz on weibo?

@UnniSara are you watching this too? It is good.

• Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

2 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

@NiteWalker I see them doing a lot interviews all of a sudden...are they getting a lot of buzz on weibo?

@UnniSara are you watching this too? It is good.

yes this drama had became a buzz, they had said no well known cast however the show is a success, not to mention actually the prop use it pretty good too....

the only bad CGI is the part when they are cross a river insides a cave....thats all...the rest is prefect...

illustrations whenever ChuChu did the autopsy is also good....very simple and very much up to date what is happening during the early age or during the period of life too...

• Clapping Hands 3

@abs-oluteMIf you like what you saw in Episode 18, you will really like Episode 23 -25. :wow: It becomes more and more obvious to the people who know him best.

From what he says to his brother, I think he has an inkling especially when Jing Yi already intimated that he has feelings for Chu Chu. He has these odd bursts of temper that's so unlike him.

It's hilarious too that after he jumps right in after her, just about everybody dives in too. He's angry with her. His brother's angry with him. What a hoot! The best part is when he gives Chu He a good tongue-lashing for the dangerous thing he did.

Ah it's a great show. It does everything right.

• Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

53 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

It's hilarious too that after he jumps right in after her, just about everybody dives in too. He's angry with her. His brother's angry with him. What a hoot! The best part is when he gives Chu He a good tongue-lashing for the dangerous thing he did.

i know right...it was like a popping bubble wrap in succession, one after another just dive in....no sudden thought of 'oh i need to take off my clothes or anything' 

it just like you're reacting on instinct based on the situation and while it may seems funny however i like it....

you have finish the whole show too right?

• Haha 2

@NiteWalker

Yup, yup. All done. I've even watched the last six episodes at least 3 times already.

I'm so impressed that this show is good right until the end and that the mastermind has actually got good very creative ideas. He's evil of course but at least he doesn't keep doing the same thing.

Unlike a lot of K drama villains.

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

@NiteWalker

Yup, yup. All done. I've even watched the last six episodes at least 3 times already.

I'm so impressed that this show is good right until the end and that the mastermind has actually got good very creative ideas. He's evil of course but at least he doesn't keep doing the same thing.

Unlike a lot of K drama villains.

also the actual villain who had been in plain sides, even though i have never like him from the beginning, there is just something very off about him

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@40somethingahjumma @NiteWalker I finished eps 20 earlier. This show is addictive , so much so I have not caught up with some of my kdramas this week. Apart from the main pair , I like the relationship dynamics between Jin Yu and Jin Li. It is rather refreshing to see brothers not fight each other for position and power - I can see how protective they are of each other . I am still laughing at how Jin Li princess carried Jin Yu to the room because he was so worried JY was not well. LOL. 

The writer of this show is doing a great job. For one it is easy to understand the politics that is going on. And being an investigative show , they don't make it too hard for the average viewer as well. There's logic . Also I appreciate that the romance is weaved nicely into the big picture of finding his father and confirming her birth origins. And Jin Yu is an excellent ML - except for his feelings for Chu Chu - he is calm but decisive in his decision making. He deserves the role that he holds as Commander Prince. 

• Clapping Hands 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

46 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

also the actual villain who had been in plain sides, even though i have never like him from the beginning, there is just something very off about him

I was genuinely surprised and his strategy of hiding in plain sight was very effective. But he always seems to be very nervous, and on edge. There was nothing about him to suggest that he was a criminal mastermind. There's no doubt that it was a major blow to Jinyu's morale.

26 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

@40somethingahjumma @NiteWalker I finished eps 20 earlier. This show is addictive , so much so I have not caught up with some of my kdramas this week. Apart from the main pair , I like the relationship dynamics between Jin Xu and Jin Li. It is rather refreshing to see brothers not fight each other for position and power - I can see how protective they are of each other . I am still laughing at how Jin Li princess carried Jin Xu to the room because he was so worried JX was not well. LOL. 

The writer of this show is doing a great job. For one it is easy to understand the politics that is going on. And being an investigative show , they don't make it too hard for the average viewer as well. There's logic . Also I appreciate that the romance is weaved nicely into the big picture of finding his father and confirming her birth origins. And Jin Xu is an excellent ML - except for his feelings for Chu Chu - he is calm but decisive in his decision making. He deserves the role that he holds as Commander Prince. 

It's very bingeworthy. Just think about how some of us had to wait a for this week's episodes. We had a nice dump of 12 episodes last week but I don't think they've all been subbed yet.

The relationship between Jinyu and Jinli is certainly delightful although I think Jinyu tends to be overprotective in the extreme. What he needs is a nice woman to fuss over and leave his brother to someone else.

With Jinyu even though he is calm and objective during an investigation, he is still warm and affectionate towards the people he cares about. You can see that with the way he talks to his mother, Chu Chu his teacher, his friends and even to Chu Chu's grandfather. 

This show has one of the few secondary pairings that I have time for because they actually do something useful in the storyline and aren't just an appendage to make up the episode count. It blows my mind that one of the first things Leng Yue did was to be straight with Jinyu and say that she only looks up to him as a friend. The clarity in the way the show delineates these relationship dynamics is also worthy writing home about.

I was just thinking that it's quite possible that Jinyu would have solved a number of these crimes on his own. However, what Chu Chu brings to the table is to give him more clues so that he can come to important conclusions much more quickly. It's true in every case since the beginning. 

43 minutes ago, UnniSara said:

@abs-oluteM Yep, I watched the first episode last night. Now going to watch episode 2 now

Yay! You're in for a treat.

• Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

I am loving this drama. The autopsy, the scroll like drawing, the flashback when Chu Chu was younger talking to the mysterious man. 
Prince An is so smart and is very interested in ChuChu’s mysterious past. He loves her insight from her autopsy. 
Prince An childhood friend Jing Yi is really a playboy. He sure knows how to fool woman with his glib tongue. Lol 

Eunuch Qin is crazy and obsessed with keeping  the past a secret. He really fooling the Emperor. I can never get why these Emperor in the past can be easily fooled by these Eunuch. 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

34 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

I was genuinely surprised and his strategy of hiding in plain sight was very effective. But he always seems to be very nervous, and on edge. There was nothing about him to suggest that he was a criminal mastermind. There's no doubt that it was a major blow to Jinyu's morale.

i didnt expect him to be the mastermind too...i just thought that there is something very off about him....it wasnt like QinLan the eunuch who make the evil deed so well known and on the surface that we didnt even have to guest twice what he wanted to do....or which sides he stood...

no doubts it was a blow to JinYu, he was devastated as the person who taught him and seen him grow up could plan such a perfect piece and now he need to best the teacher he learn from....

8 minutes ago, UnniSara said:

I am loving this drama. The autopsy, the scroll like drawing, the flashback when Chu Chu was younger talking to the mysterious man. 
Prince An is so smart and is very interested in ChuChu’s mysterious past. He loves her insight from her autopsy. 
Prince An childhood friend Jing Yi is really a playboy. He sure knows how to fool woman with his glib tongue. Lol 

Eunuch Qin is crazy and obsessed with keeping  the past a secret. He really fooling the Emperor. I can never get why these Emperor in the past can be easily fooled by these Eunuch. 

oooo dont watch the surface of the emperor....to be honest this emperor is a bit on the smarter sides than most who always being fool by their Eunuch or let them hold too much a power....

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

@40somethingahjumma @NiteWalker I finished eps 20 earlier. This show is addictive , so much so I have not caught up with some of my kdramas this week. Apart from the main pair , I like the relationship dynamics between Jin Yu and Jin Li. It is rather refreshing to see brothers not fight each other for position and power - I can see how protective they are of each other . I am still laughing at how Jin Li princess carried Jin Yu to the room because he was so worried JY was not well. LOL. 

i know right...when i saw him carrying JinYu up the staircase i was like OMG what a brotherhood relationship is this!!! lols....

• Haha 2

Prince An and Chu Chu’s investigation is just awesome 

giphy.gif?cid=5e2148867bc0845fd2b0c0bd6a

Spoiler

• Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

Xiao Heng maybe alive because he might have been the Witch Doctor and his wife always knew he was alive. Is this just a red herring or truth . Is he alive or will he die before re-uniting with his family. These are all the questions I keep asking as I watch.  
Chu Chu likes Prince An and she is showing signs of jealousy even if she isn't aware of it.  Prince An likes ChuChu because she makes his heart beat. Poor Chu Chu thinks he gave the handkerchief with her stitch of the 5rib cage. 

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886ec0be43fa9a24282ca

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886ec0be43fa9a24282ca

• Haha 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

Wow, Prince An needs lesson on how to act in public. He used a box that collects evidence of dirty water to make tea :eeeee:No wonder the Emperor was upset. He was so proud and never thought what he was doing is unsanitary. He sure is a lost cause. 

Episode 8 is hilarious and was so much fun to watch. 

• Haha 3

@UnniSara

Glad that you're enjoying it. It's probably the best C drama I've watched this year. The script is full of well thought out detail. The writing of the mysteries is really top-notch.

If you liked that particular reenactment, you should see what else is in store. ;) :laugh: 

The emperor is actually a lot shrewder than you might think initially. Yes, he spends a lot of them doing things with his hands, giving the impression that he's a soft touch. Historically he's one of the better monarchs of the late Tang dynasty. But because the eunuchs help put him in power, he has to tread carefully. Qin Luan is one shrewd operator so he has to make sure the eunuch is kept on his toes wondering what the emperor is up to.

Haha... yes... Jinyu and his little box at the tea party. He's a nerd... with not a lot of social skills. That's why the emperor keeps forcing him to attend social functions. But he's very good with the people who work for him.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

@40somethingahjumma Thanks for the on the Emperor. I saw another side of him in episode 8 and it made me so happy. @NiteWalker told me too that there is more to him too. 
This drama seems to be the Beey best Cdrama so far. I loved Word of Honor but they dragged the storyline too much and the subbing just took to long for my taste. Lol 

Going to bed now and will continue tomorrow.  I will come back and give my POV and some GIF if I can. 

• Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1

Since Unnisara is watching this I will put what I want to say about eps 21 in spoiler

Spoiler

Nooooo...I am so sad Witch Doctor is dead. I actually teared up for the brothers when they finally found their father in the swamp . And it was so sad that this was the best way to end his life so that somehow someone can find justice for him and the other generals who were killed by the eunuchs . I didn't realise how powerful the eunuchs were but then again they are entrusted servants of the King , so I shouldn't be surprised. Now I am worried what will happen to Chu Chu. I am sure the rest won't let anything happen to her but still having the Witch Doc vouch for her would have been ideal. 

eps 22...

Spoiler

Hmm I am not quite sure what I feel about Minister Han. Is he truly on Jin Yu's side? Anyhow I laughed when he asked JY when he fell for Chu Chu and he himself looked so clueless.

• Thanks 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Oh my god eps 23 :lol:

Spoiler

Our Mr No Experience Jin Yu obviously has no idea about women & their feelings....cannot believe he proposed to her even before he told her what he thinks about her LOL...Poor gal..no wonder she is so taken aback. Nevertheless , I love Jin Yu, and I hope Chu Chu will accept this later. 

eps 24 Lots of serious stuff going on with the illegal mint coin issue...but this....LOL

17VrcjR.png

f7MxiYJ.png

He is adorable. But bro gave him good advice , he should follow his heart in how he wishes to pursue Chu Chu

• Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Chu Chu’a family are so cute . The brother has a crush on Chu Chu but she is so clueless.  Prince An can spot a rival in the air. 
Sincerely , I didn’t even catch her brother had a crush until he the diner with the family. 
This moving along nicely. Episode 12 was really sad , I almost cried 

:cry: Chu Chu really loves her family. She completely lost faith in him at the moment she thinks her family is in danger. Prince An really need to improve his social skills. Communicate more so our clueless Chu Chu can understand him better. 

• Haha 2