The Imperial Coroner 御赐小仵作 [2021]

6 hours ago, UnniSara said:

Prince An really need to improve his social skills. Communicate more so our clueless Chu Chu can understand him better. 

ahahaha he is a cute nerd but yes poor innocent Chu Chu gets so worried he will send her away and not let her work for him.

------------------

@40somethingahjumma You are right ...I loved eps 23 to 25!

Eps 25 especially was just :wow:

Spoiler

Being stuck in a cave didn't turn out so bad for our claustrophobic Prince Ahn. He got Chu Chu to acknowledge her feelings. I understand her insecurities and why she would think she is not good enough for him. She was thinking selflessly. But I am glad he persisted and "tricked" her into thinking they were going to die so that she would have no reservations anymore. I did laugh that these two nerds could have a romantic moment one minute , and then get straight to work the next. They are indeed made for each other.

Also like the scene where grandad and her father peeked in and saw them hug. Now they can rest assured that he is sincere towards her. 

They are fast becoming my favourite couple this year:

D7gqVVj.png

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

@abs-oluteMI actually find the romance quite delightful. I can relate a little because I have nerdy tendencies myself and I'm married to a nerd. 

This is the kind of pairing I enjoy the most. Two people with complementary skill sets, smart, good at their jobs. Chu Chu in particular is very practically minded. She really doesn't have a single romantic bone in her body and it works for this coupling. The push and pull is virtually non-existent because they're both pragmatic to the core. That's why she never feels used or abused. 

Spoiler

The cave scene is great. It isn't just that she doesn't think she is good enough for him but she also doesn't want him to experience the scorn and ostracization that comes with associating with a coroner. 

As you say, she's really very thoughtful and this is a valid reason for being hesitant.

The superstitions surrounding the dead are so ingrained in that culture that even coroners are perceived as some kind of taboo. This seems to be a  thread all throughout. I wrote a kind of final review which I don't recommend reading until you're done with the show. It's full of spoilers from Episodes 31-36.

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

2 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

This is the kind of pairing I enjoy the most. Two people with complementary skill sets, smart, good at their jobs. Chu Chu in particular is very practically minded. She really doesn't have a single romantic bone in her body and it works for this coupling. The push and pull is virtually non-existent because they're both pragmatic to the core. That's why she never feels used or abused. 

So true...I think it is romanctic they speak each other's language. What I love is that he always keep her close to him because he knows that is actually safest for her. I think what I love best about this couple now that they are together is that they actually communicate and do not make decisions that removes the other person's agency. I

I have already complete eps 27 but just wanted to say something about Eps 26

Spoiler

Really glad he asked her again about her feelings and proposed once more. And I am glad Chu He heard it too and heard her say yes and kiss his cheek. Too bad their almost kiss didn't happen. Anyway I don't expect much in the kiss department from this show. After the Long Ballad's parakeet kiss , I have decided to have zero expectations.  :lol:

• Haha 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

18 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Reveal hidden contents

well u can only have CPR, and that isnt a kiss in many eyes after all

ROFL

• Haha 4

I am now patiently waiting for subs. I have 6 episodes left . After eps 26 the romance took a backseat and understandably so since they needed to solve the illegal coin minting issue - especially in finding out who the real mastermind is . This is especially important given that it may also be linked to a possible rebellion led by the heir of the previous dynasty . And of course there's the question of which brother was adopted. Well I hope I am not mixing up that bit.

The one thing I like very much is that Prince Ahn has a very dependable and capable inner circle. His brother, Jing Yu, Leng Yue and even his general in Chang Ahn  make it possible for him to solve a lot of cases and do his work. Of course now he has the best coroner around. And soon to be wife. 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

On 5/25/2021 at 2:32 AM, NiteWalker said:

well u can only have CPR, and that isnt a kiss in many eyes after all

ROFL

In 

Spoiler

QING LUO , CPR WAS A NO NO FOR THE GHOST PHYSCIAN. 

Lol 

:pandawhat:

In episode 16 , I got a big scare. I started to suspect Jing Yi as a nad guy but it was cleard up that he wasn't the enenmy. I really hope he isn't the enemy nor his father. I can't help doubting it because they made sure that Leng Yue married Xiao Jin Lin. Knowing this marriage will not be good at all. I know know he is doing it because he wants to protect his son.  @abs-oluteM hi 

• Haha 3

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

7 minutes ago, UnniSara said:

In episode 16 , I got a big scare. I started to suspect Jing Yi as a nad guy but it was cleard up that he wasn't the enenmy. I really hope he isn't the enemy nor his father. I can't help doubting it because they made sure that Leng Yue married Xiao Jin Lin. Knowing this marriage will not be good at all. I know know he is doing it because he wants to protect his son.  @abs-oluteM

LOL ! Don't worry. Jing Yu has proven to be a good son and a loyal friend despite his very glib way of talking. He is like a salesman that you think might con you but he really is a decent chap. I don't think our Prince Ahn would have gotten as much done if not for JY's support . 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, abs-oluteM said:

LOL ! Don't worry. Jing Yu has proven to be a good son and a loyal friend despite his very glib way of talking. He is like a salesman that you think might con you but he really is a decent chap. I don't think our Prince Ahn would have gotten as much done if not for JY's support . 

I am so glad to hear this. He is so cute and the perfect friend.  Prince An is really spoiled by everyone around him. He is so lucky @abs-oluteM 

• Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

Eps 32 sees the show head towards its final arc. Jin Yu finally realises that his teacher , Xue Ru Cheng is the mastermind behind the deaths of the officials, the illegal minting of coins and the rising rebellion in the name of Duke Chang. So Duke Chang is dead right? Or is he Duke Chang?

It was very painful for JinYu discovering his teacher's betrayal. Was  XRC grooming JY all along for this role , so that one day he could be of use to him? JY must be questioning now if the care & concern that came from the XRC were genuine. Glad that Chu Chu was there for him. She not only provided him comfort but talked some sense into him so that he won't wallow in what seems like self-pity/ self-blame , and do what he should which is to bring XRC down.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

I love this bit where he teased her here about being his coroner forever. 

VYhX12I.png

Djs2fnI.png

I am done with eps 33 & 34 . Chu Chu is cleared of being the rebel's daughter &  Prince Ahn  was the adopted one. I somewhat guessed as well and I liked that it didn't become such a big deal. His mum loves him like her own , and the feelings are reciprocated too. Both him and Chu Chu may not have had their birth parents raise them , but their adopted family loved and raised them well. 

And finally we can say goodbye to mustached obsessed Eunuch. I thought the last bit in how they "caught" him poisoning the King was very good - truly a battle of wits there and great teamwork between Senior Minister Jing , Jing Yu and Prince Ahn. Now the final battle is to bring down XRC.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

These two were super focused and practical right to the end. :lol: I was amused that Chu Chu suggested using their wedding as a bait to catch XRC. And our Prince Ahn is indeed the best brains in the house , anticipating and preparing for all eventualities. It was sad that XRC had groomed him for his own intentions but that I supposed that made it easier for Prince Ahn not to have any reservations about killing him. 

The drama ended well and the plot was pretty solid, and overall I enjoyed this one. It wouldn't have killed them to give us a bit more of this sweet pair . But 36 episodes is really the way to go . Some c dramas drag on too much. 

Finally a wedding!

1XSzP0L.png

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

• 4 months later...

The Imperial Coroner had been selected along sides of 'You're My Glory' as one of the most influential drama by the Beijing Radio and Television Bureau for 2021, this is a very big accomplishment for them as this is one of the most well written drama and also the promotion they have for this drama is to the very minimal however it proof the success of the whole drama....

congratulations to the production and cast team!!!

@abs-oluteM @Tofu @40somethingahjumma @UnniSara

• Party! 4
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...