• Ha Myung-hee – Record of Youth
  9. 9. Best Director

• Kwon Young-il – My Unfamiliar Family
    • Kim Cheol-kyu – Flower of Evil
    • Kim Hee-won – Vincenzo
    • Park Shin-woo – It's Okay to Not Be Okay
    • Shim Na-yeon – Beyond Evil

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/12/2021 at 02:59 PM

On 5/2/2021 at 2:45 PM, HerManyShows said:

I'm torn between two very different dramas - Flower of Evil and Unfamiliar Family.

Me too, though I've watched only 3 out of the 5 nominated thus far, I also find these 2 so very different, but are both very good. I ended up voting for UF cos the drama touched me on many fronts, not least of all the "unfamiliar" family in focus, and also the OTP and the sisters. 

Good luck to every nominee and team. :CharmanderYay:

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

Current Faves: Undercover & Mine & Bossam (Kdramas); The Handmaid's Tale (US Drama)l  

Watching: A Good Supper, Court Lady...  Waiting: Red Sky, Love (Season 2), Penthouse (Season 3)...  

19 hours ago, jeijei said:

Best Actress - SYJ for channeling her inner self 😂

Is that called acting? 😂

55 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

@Chocolate Waaaa, you're so dedicated! How about a vote for Seo Ye Ji xDDDDD

Very sadly, she doesn't need it 😭

Last year, I had 3 or 4 phones just voting for Binjin 😂 Wonder if they will be presenting the Popularity Award this year 🥰😍😋

• Haha 5
34 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

Last year, I had 3 or 4 phones just voting for Binjin 😂 Wonder if they will be presenting the Popularity Award this year

Inasmuch as I love my Oppa deul, I have never participated in voting. Can't commit. And I rather they win acting awards than popularity awards. Popularity takes them away from acting and all they do is CF CF CF. :cry: LOL

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 6
22 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Inasmuch as I love my Oppa deul, I have never participated in voting. Can't commit. And I rather they win acting awards than popularity awards. Popularity takes them away from acting and all they do is CF CF CF. :cry: LOL

Hahah! What to do? When they don't appear, the only way was to vote them to win so that we at least get to see them on stage. Tiktok for Baeksang is easy - just once a day. Whereas some others are crazy - you have to vote every hour and do many other things - I gave up on those after a few days - not sustainable unless you are diehard.

• Haha 6
23 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Hahah! What to do? When they don't appear, the only way was to vote them to win so that we at least get to see them on stage. Tiktok for Baeksang is easy - just once a day. Whereas some others are crazy - you have to vote every hour and do many other things - I gave up on those after a few days - not sustainable unless you are diehard.

The thing is how can fans be sure their biases will attend the award ceremony? It almost feel like buying lotto. Pay first and see if you win.

BTW, lol, like you said SYJ didn't need help. She really won! Now we wait for Golden Medalist to announce if she'll attend. I'd like her to though because It's Okay Not to be Okay family won't be complete without her.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Lotsa news today~

1. Seo Ye Ji won't attend Baeksang

2. They confirmed the presenters... Oh Jung Se will present supporting actor award. He can't possibly give it to himself so this means he won't win the award this time?!! Noooo, he so deserve this one too!

3. Lee Do Hyun and someone will do a special stage performance @abs-oluteM Do Hyun is gonna win!!

4. Uri Doom Couple is presenting Best Director award... kyaaaaaaa.

5. Lots of other upcoming on-screen couples too. Lee Joon Ho & Lee Se Young is another new couple in the make ♥

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Party! 4

The segment I'm most excited about is this:

Best Screenplay/剧本奖:
Kim Su-jin – Beyond Evil/金秀珍《怪物》
Kim Eun-jung – My Unfamiliar Family/金恩贞《了解的不多也无妨 是一家人》
Yoo Jung-hee – Flower of Evil/刘晶熙《恶之花》
Jo Yong – It's Okay to Not Be Okay/赵容《虽然是精神病但没关系》
Ha Myung-hee – Record of Youth/河明熙《青春纪录》

Of these five dramas, I've just completed Beyond Evil and IOTNBO but have yet to complete Record of Youth. Of those I've watched in full, I still think MUF has an awesome script (and plot and cast) and I hope the writer and the drama team would win something, somehow. 

:thinking:The vibe I am feeling, despite the plague of scandals pertaining to one, is the "mental disorder" rather than the "dysfunctional family" drama would win this award, if not sweep even more. I hope it's the 2nd covid-vax I had recently that's making me feel off-kilter lol. Jokes aside, there are elements in this script (and ofc many other scripts too lol) that I dislike, not least of all is the oft-used cliche of childhood connection, and worse of all, to me at least, certain scenes that amounted to sexual harrassment that are accepted by many as "romantic" or "feministic" or even "comical" are just troubling/puzzling to me. Or, is it really "Okay to Not Be Okay" in viewing such behavior with alternate (i.e. indifferent or double standard) lens?

I love BE and FOE too, and wish SHK, YJG, GJK and MCW could win something too, but the connection isn't as strong as for MUF, or even IOTNBO. I guess the sibling-rivalry to disconnection to dynamic, and the OTP's plot have been the pull for me in MUF. Whatever happens and whoever wins, I'd be happy for them all. Always grateful for K-dramas and K-ent. Please keep writing, acting, filming, buzzing... and make us more "addicted" to your "crack" lol (awesome projects).:laugh:

Anyone watching it live? I hope to, if available in my region. 

PSST: I hope BinJin will make a surprise appearance somehow. :heart:

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 3

Current Faves: Undercover & Mine & Bossam (Kdramas); The Handmaid's Tale (US Drama)l  

Watching: A Good Supper, Court Lady...  Waiting: Red Sky, Love (Season 2), Penthouse (Season 3)...  

@mademoiselle Am excited to see KSH, SJK and LDH. Hmmm I wonder if I can stream this

4 hours ago, oppasaranghaeyo said:

still think MUF has an awesome script (and plot and cast) and I hope the writer and the drama team would win something, somehow. 

For me , I had a hard time choosing the Best Screenplay - it was down to Beyond Evil and My Unfamiliar Family. I will be happy if either one wins. I think the latter is quite the underdog in this race but it was a indeed a nicely written family slice of life which I watched while it was airing last year. 

• Like 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Our Mama Counter.  May she win tonight 

Ya , Na In Woo looks dashing 

Pls tag me when you see Mr Dimples !!

I need to go shower 

Edited by abs-oluteM
  • Like 2
  • Party! 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring