Happiness 해피니스 [2021]

just watched the first episode.... since i am on dark side.... i need to wait to watch second episode.... 

what a start of the episode. PHS & HHJ and of coursr I will always remember Jo Woo-Jin as The Most Adorable yet Strict Secretary to CEO... Oh God ! what a dance he did in BTS song ... i will never ever ever ever forget that...

Hmmm.....now about both the leads , no words can explain my happiness to this pairing. I have followed Han Hyo Joo a lot and Her brillian legacy and W-Two Words - Chemistry with two of those A listers were absolutely amazing. I loved PHS with PBY in Strong Woman Bong Soon. Call me crazy , but I loved that drama simply because I was entertained.

Now coming down to the drama , absolutely gripping first episode. I am hooked. The first sequence was amazing. The way he proposed and the way she solved his sadness. both are nuts...equally. in the middle of episode , i felt that Han Hyo Joo will be infected somehow but I was kinda relieved at the end. 

• Like 5
  • Party! 1

Currently watching

K-Drama :  

C-Drama :  Road Home

22 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

@abs-oluteM @SilverMoonTea @JenL @Chocolate @ktcjdrama 25.5 mins in for episode 1, and I AM LOVING IT!

Great (and quick) introduction to the main leads Han Hyo Joo and Park Hyung Sik then jumps to 12 years later summarising Park Hyung Sik and Han Hyo Joo's profession and how Hyo Joo's personality is like. First kdrama that mentions COVID-19.

Then the case began. The thrill and action kick in. The camera angles and cinematography were :1000:. I like this more than Dr. Brain episode 1.

Ok, off to watch the rest!!

Wooohoo....Thanks for being my drama alarm :wow:

I am definitely looking forward to starting Happiness! I just love the look of it and Park Hyung Sik is one of my S Tier Oppas :BulbaOWO:....But also seriously behind :lettalKWA:  Watching too many things! Haha my sister finally finished exams so I'm finally watching Squid Game. Probably the last person on the planet to watch the series, so marathorning that first :heiboi: 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

Hahahaha the way Jung Yi Hyun just agreed to marry Sae Bom :laugh:. The guy is totally whipped. This is further confirmed by how he couldn't argue back when Han Tae Seok said he was the one who helped Ji Hyun marries Sae Bom. But I love how cool he is about all of this and their "marriage" photo HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

245527562-425369315626210-21541392945146

... and him saying "OK" to everything she would like to do to the apartment. At this point I just think it was sweet that he just wants to be beside her. The sheepish look when she sees their bedroom and him using the excuse that they might get checked so they should sleep in one room... :BulbaOWO:. I'm totally loving the scenes of them together and in their new home. Wish it was a tiny bit longer. Too bad the show has no time for romance as both are busy fighting zombies.

Is it really the blue pill that caused the turning though...? I'm interested to know the scientific reason behind it as how does that become infectious through bite and scratch.

That Unit 601 actor once again plays a sleazy bastard who cheats on his wife. Seriously doubt myself on why I even bother to hope he'd play a good character this time :idk:. At this point we don't yet know whether he had killed his lover or his wife but his wife is taking the blue pill so she'll probably turn into a zombie and bite off his ass I hope. Ha.

Episode 2 is less intense than episode 1 but the plot is moving fast with Lee Kyun Hyung also being scratched but refused to be honest about it in fear he might never leave the facility. Thus he's turned to the last resort by selling this secret to a journalist and secure a large sum he could leave for his wife & family. It was a nice cameo and wish it could be longer, perhaps we will see more of him in the next episode still.

Now with Yi Hyun, the story tells us he's hurt his knee and can't run well. Wouldn't this make him also unfit to be a police since he will need to run after a criminals or fight...? :pandathink: Also I was a bit bugged when Han Tae Seok walked into the crime scene without shoe covers. My head was screaming "You're contaminating the crime scene"... but then again I suppose it doesn't matter since this will be covered up and he knows what caused it.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 3
22 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

@abs-oluteM Is Hyung Sik Oppa? :heiboi:

Not really but I don't mind him. hahah..

I would definitely say I was most excited for this show because Han Hyo Joo was back in drama land.

Eps 2 was good where plot development is concerned. It isn't easy to create emotional investment in the audience where it comes to this sort of post apocalyptic shows. The drama could fail by just becoming a big chasing game. Which is why Sae Bom and Ji Hyun's relationship anchors the show . I definitely love the hinted romance but of course it isn't going to be front & centre.

What we do know now is that this disease is hinted to be  man-made drug induced. Can be transmitted by blood - since you need to be either be scratched or bitten. No cure at the moment but degeneration is slowed down by placing them in ultra cold rooms. With the exception of Sae Bom, no one has recovered or overcome it. So what is it that makes Sae Bom special? How come she developed the antibodies so quickly - so would she be key to the cure ? Or would we see her turn too later on? 

I like the subtle social commentary too - the discrimination between the have & have nots through the sort of privileges that residents  in the same building block have access to . But interestingly , just like what Covid has proven, disease of such nature affects all regardless of income , status, colour or gender. 

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

11 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Bahahaha I did think of you when the banging happened in that scene.

Maybe your neighbour is killing someone - wife or lover...

Cannot be killing everyday haha... should be no more people to kill left 🤣 Tag noisy neighbour sufferer @NiteWalker

@mademoiselleSomehow this drama quite relatable. Her motivation to work is for apartment interior upgrading. I was laughing, as I kind of the same nowadays 😆

• Haha 5

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

2 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Cannot be killing everyday haha... should be no more people to kill left 🤣 Tag noisy neighbour sufferer @NiteWalker

@mademoiselleSomehow this drama quite relatable. Her motivation to work is for apartment interior upgrading. I was laughing, as I kind of the same nowadays 😆

Maybe he is chopping them up? Maybe it is different lovers (serial killer?) 

• Haha 6
2 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

honestly...i know the pump water machine spoiling sounds is like...that isnt any chainsaw at work!!!

and after 1 mth he finally got it replace!

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2

You know what I don't like, guys? Having to bend down and look under the bed and found a person there! :scaredpanda2: This drama has it twice in each episode! It's a bit of a left behind scare I got from watching horror when young and also found it freaky after watching Door Lock.

6 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

honestly...i know the pump water machine spoiling sounds is like...that isnt any chainsaw at work!!!

and after 1 mth he finally got it replace!

Finally you got your peace back!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
17 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

You know what I don't like, guys? Having to bend down and look under the bed and found a person there! :scaredpanda2: This drama has it twice in each episode! It's a bit of a left behind scare I got from watching horror when young and also found it freaky after watching Door Lock.

this is the main reason there is no empty space beneath my bed and no drawers so that i can watch horror movies to my heart content at night.....

18 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Finally you got your peace back!

definitely....mom said there are still noises however it not as loud as the old water pump before he finally change it yesterday...i told my mother the same problem will re-occur again after 2 years if he doesnt do the re-piping...

as our building are old and the old piping is already congested.....so if he doesnt re-pipe it....then the new water pump will mostly likely only last him 2 years at max since it had to pull very hard for the water to flow bk into his house....

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
1 hour ago, Hyacinth0910 said:

haven’t seen this part in episode 2…did they delete this scene???

It is only available for local audience via TVing (the part where she removes his eye booger). Won't see that cut off bit on international streaming sites like IQIYI or VIU.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: -