Happiness 해피니스 [2021]

@ktcjdrama It's surprisingly not bad. We will update you again after this weekend.

Re the article below, Oh Joo Hyung's wife will obviously be infected since she took the pills. If he is not infected and yet there's blood, then could it be that he managed to restrain the wife? Like in Alive, the guy chained his zombie wife in a room.

Park Hyung Sik Sharply Confronts The Suspicious Baek Hyun Jin In “Happiness”

Nov 11, 2021 by L. Kim

tvN’s “Happiness” has shared a sneak peek of a tense moment from its upcoming episode!

“Happiness” is an apocalyptic thriller that takes place in the near future, set in a high-rise apartment building stratified by social standing. The building is sealed off when a new infectious disease emerges in the city, and the drama will depict the residents’ fear, fierce psychological battles, and desperate struggle for survival within the closed-off building. Han Hyo Joo stars in the drama as Yoon Sae Bom, a tactical agent in the Seoul Police Special Operations Unit, while Park Hyung Sik stars as detective Jung Yi Hyun, her former high school classmate who has feelings for her.

Spoilers

Previously on “Happiness,” Yoon Sae Bom and Jung Yi Hyun came across a strange disease of an unknown cause that started to rapidly penetrate into their daily lives. Viewers were shocked to find out that Yoon Sae Bom’s partner Lee Seung Young (Lee Kyu Hyung) had actually been scratched by an infected patient, and the episode ended with him turning into the same beast inside a frozen truck.

Another mysterious point was Yoon Sae Bom and Jung Yi Hyun’s new neighbors who live above their floor. They kept hearing strange noises from there, and she even had to go pay them a visit to keep it down. However, Oh Joo Hyung (Baek Hyun Jin) acted suspiciously as if he was hiding a secret, and newly released stills give a hint about his strange behavior.

In the photos, Jung Yi Hyun is keenly analyzing Baek Hyun Jin’s room. What is especially alarming is the blood-stained mirror of the bathroom. The atmosphere is chilly, foreshadowing an eerie moment. Oh Joo Hyung looks especially flustered, and Jung Yi Hyun confronts him with an unyielding expression. What exactly has happened in apartment 601?

happiness-42.jpg

happiness-12.jpg

happiness-32.jpg

happiness-22.jpg

In the third episode, Yoon Sae Bom and Jung Yi Hyun will find out what is causing the sound in the apartment above them. The infectious disease will end up in their haven, and viewers are eager to find out how their lives will change because of it.

The drama’s producers teased, “The struggle for survival will now begin. Please watch to see what choices Yoon Sae Bom, Jung Yi Hyun, and those who recognized the seriousness of the new infectious disease will make. Viewers will be able to see the various desires of humans when they’re in extreme situations.”

Episode 3 of “Happiness” will air on November 12 at 10:40 p.m. KST.

Source

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

There are at least 3 possibilities.

1. The wife turned, she bit his lover to death.
  2. The wife found out he's cheating. During a fight, one of the women was killed.
  3. His wife turned and he tried to defend himself by hitting her with the golf poll (Yi Hyun is holding it in the pic) and since she's hard to kill, he manage to lock her in the bathroom.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2
  • Insightful 3

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

3 Things We Loved And 1 Thing We Hated About The Premiere Of “Happiness”

Nov 10, 2021 by kaityv

There’s nothing quite as satisfying as tuning in for a drama that features the return of your favorite actor or actress after they’ve been on a long hiatus. tvN’s “Happiness” features two highly-anticipated comebacks to the small screen: Han Hyo Joo and Park Hyung Sik. This thriller follows the story of Yoon Sae Bom (Han Hyo Joo) and Jung Yi Hyun (Park Hyung Sik), two elite police officers who uncover the beginning of a new infectious disease. With promises of psychological battles, desperate struggles, and fights for survival, “Happiness” delivered on amping up the suspense and hooked viewers with its first two episodes. These are the parts we loved and hated.

Warning: Spoilers for the premiere episodes below.

LOVED: Yoon Sae Bom and Jung Yi Hyun’s relationship

Spoiler

The relationship between Yoon Sae Bom and Jung Yi Hyun is already gearing up to be the heart of the show. While K-dramas are certainly no stranger to the childhood best friend trope, “Happiness” uses it to their advantage. There are many K-dramas where it takes ages for the characters to like each other, let alone show affection and concern that isn’t out of a jealous outburst. And to be honest, it would’ve been easy to make them enemies-to-lovers in this drama. After all, it is quite satisfying to watch two people teeter the line of love and hate come together to survive an apocalyptic situation. Unlikely friends, Sae Bom and Yi Hyun meet for the first time with the promise that they will find happiness (pun intended) in the future. It’s clear that they have become a team over the years although they work in separate departments. One scene in particular that stuck out is when they finally meet up at the disease center and check to see if the other is okay. Like any pair of friends, they tease each other often, but when it comes down to it, they aren’t afraid to show their affection. Friendship lays the best foundation for romance, so it will be fun to watch how these two grow together even more.

park-hyung-sik-happiness-01-e16364465443

han-hyo-joo-happiness-02-e1636446651713.

LOVED: Han Tae Suk’s mysterious past

Spoiler

It isn’t a thriller if there isn’t at least one shady main character, and Han Tae Suk (Jo Woo Jin) plays his role just right. The intrigue of his character lies in the fact that while it may seem like he has ulterior motives, you can’t quite pin down whether he’s going to be revealed as a villain or remain on the good side of things. Usually in K-dramas, when a lead is shady it usually means they’ll end up bad, but the second episode revealed that there’s more to Han Tae Suk than meets the eye. When Yi Hyun gets attacked by one of the infected, Han Tae Suk draws his gun to shoot the zombie-like human. Before he pulls the trigger, he closes his eyes and flashes back to an infected woman who’s chained to a bed and writhing around. It’s yet to be confirmed if it’s his wife, friend, or another family member… but it opens up a whole new direction and motivation for his character. I, for one, cannot wait to see how his character will unfold throughout the rest of the episodes.

Jo-Woo-Jin-happiness-e1636446788236.jpg

happiness2-e1636446876919.jpg

LOVED: Yoon Sae Bom becoming a role model to Park Seo Yoon

Spoiler

Even thrillers have cute and heartwarming scenes, and “Happiness” gives you a breather from the suspense when Sae Bom meets one of her neighbors, a young girl named Park Seo Yoon (Song Ji Woo). Much like Sae Bom when she was younger, Seo Yoon is ill and spends many days home alone. Sae Bom catches her leaving a thank you note for the rice cake she passed around, and then the two proceed to exercise together. Sae Bom promises Seo Yoon that she will end up stronger than she is once she’s all better. Their relationship is already endearing, and it will be interesting to see how things end up given the fact that there are other neighbors who are likely to have the infectious disease. Aside from the main characters, Seo Yoon is a character you will definitely find yourself hoping to stay alive.

han-hyo-joo-happiness-01-e1636446964921.

song-ji-woo-happiness-e1636447039171.jpg

han-hyo-joo-song-ji-woo-happiness-e16364

HATED: Lee Seung Young’s transformation

Spoiler

Finally, there’s the tragic transformation of Sae Bom’s partner Lee Seung Young (Lee Kyu Hyung). Scratched by the first victim they found, his character begins to spiral in the premiere episodes since he doesn’t know if he will die or not from the disease. He strikes up a deal with a reporter to get the scoop on what happens at the disease center where they treat the victims who have been infected. During his covert investigation, he is locked into a freezer with seemingly comatose patients who awaken and ultimately finish the transformation he had already been going under.

While it was certainly the turning point of the drama, it was still devastating to watch Sae Bom desperately look around for him only to realize that he couldn’t be saved. However, it will be exciting to see how this shapes the story going forward. Did he send the video of the patients to the reporter before he transformed? How will this affect Sae Bom? We’ll have to tune in next week to find out.

lee-kyu-hyung-happiness-e1636447394666.j

Source

• Like 6

Episode 1

• The beginning was so cute. I liked that YH asked her out. SB seemed so carefree and nice, I already like her. I love characters like her. 
  • So we deal with a virus that turns into zombies. Alrighty. 
  • I admire SB decision to shoot the zombified Jong-Tae in the leg and pelvis first. If it would have been me, I swear, the moment I realized he's a zombie I would have shot him in the head immediately a bunch of times. I played enough Resident Evil to know where a zombie virus can head into. 
    She may have actually saved his life. 
  • Sae Bom is so fearless and awesome, so cool and skillful :pandablush: Her curiosity really CAN be a problem, but I like it. 
  • Very, very interesting first episode with a nice cliffhanger. Sure she only wants to date him to get the apartment, but I take a nice little romance on the side. The plot so far seems interesting enough to handle a little romance. 
  • Both leads are very likeable either so far.
  • Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 3
8 hours ago, Dhakra said:

Hello everyone. Consider me a viewer now. :pandatakeit: I will catch up with all episodes during the next few days. 

😃 wow, if you’re watching maybe I really should watch too. Knowing how picky you are with dramas, this must be pretty good to have a viewer in you. I thought you would be staying away from this because the ML was in Strong Woman DBS 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

@ktcjdrama the show is pretty good and not hard to watch. (Psst but don't forget Red Sleeve premieres tonight! :GrimChamp:) Good balance overall,  and @DhakraI don't mind some romance too since this will serve as the emotional anchor for the show. 

I think I have trauma every time I see this actor who always plays the baddie from Taxi Driver to The Devil Judge. 

happiness-12.jpg

• Haha 5

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

3 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

😃 wow, if you’re watching maybe I really should watch too. Knowing how picky you are with dramas, this must be pretty good to have a viewer in you. I thought you would be staying away from this because the ML was in Strong Woman DBS 😆

It is really good so far, I felt entertained for the whole hour and liked pretty much everything. Both Main Leads deliver and have chemistry. I absolutely adore the female lead aswell, she's such a cool character. I like her style. 

Waiiiit? The ML was in SWDBS? Urgh. I didn't know that. But now that I think about his face, you're right. Sigh......but anyway....it's not his fault DBS was such a disaster.

I like the drama, serious tone, nothing too crazy, they incluce the virus quite well. Female Lead slays her role and we have a little potential romance. 

2 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

@ktcjdrama the show is pretty good and not hard to watch. (Psst but don't forget Red Sleeve premieres tonight! :GrimChamp:) Good balance overall,  and @DhakraI don't mind some romance too since this will serve as the emotional anchor for the show. 

When they were on the rooftop I actually thought he should ask her out, she looked like a keeper. So it was funny he actually did ask her out. I mean, for now I think she only asks his this time for the apartment, but maybe they turn into a real couple during the next 11 episodes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
On 11/8/2021 at 12:59 AM, SilverMoonTea said:

So apparently my noisy neighbour potentially is zombie @mademoiselle:laugh:

Hahaha my neighbours are worse than zombies...they're like the type of people who would push people into the zombies... :pandarage2: 

The issues I've been suffering through this whole year involve my neighbours...I did laugh when I noticed there was a Janghaven thread where you all complained about your terrible ones....not to brag, but mine are pretty terrible. :lol:

On 11/7/2021 at 8:53 PM, abs-oluteM said:

So what is it that makes Sae Bom special? How come she developed the antibodies so quickly - so would she be key to the cure ? Or would we see her turn too later on? 

I think it's something to do with the fact she got sick as a child for 2 years. They keep mentioning it and I feel it's key. Maybe she had an early version of the disease or something but fought it off :idk:

On 11/7/2021 at 10:22 PM, Chocolate said:

I’ve watched both episodes. Thought it was going to be an infectious disease thing and didn’t know there would be zombie-like behaviour. Brilliant!

The romance is cute. Not everyday that the woman you love asks you to marry her and live together. I don’t mind it as long as the focus remains on the disease-fighting.

I was also really pleasantly surpised and agree with you on both opinions - zombies are always fun! I love that this is a 16 episode dramas on zombies. Everything else has been in a movie form, so I'm loving this long form drama...and the pacing has been good - definitely fast-enough for excitement, but slow enough so we cann follow a storyline that isn't just a chaser. And also agree the romance is good - I enjoy a strong tension-cute romance, even if it's subtle. :heart:

On 11/8/2021 at 6:44 PM, mademoiselle said:

Having to bend down and look under the bed and found a person there! :scaredpanda2:

YES THAT WAS SCARY. It's why I have put boxes of junk under my bed. No hiding spots for zombies here :laugh:

On 11/11/2021 at 4:24 AM, ktcjdrama said:

I really don’t think I can put anymore drama on my plate 😓😭 

And also @abs-oluteM @mademoiselle Is Jirisan getting any better? If not, I might end up dropping or watching on x1.5 speed :laugh: I can't handle all my dramas, especially since I really like the other things on my plate. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

Oh wow @Dhakraalso in zombie drama. I agree with you this one pacing is good and I found Han Hyoo Joo really nailing the role here. She's a girl crush! 

@JenLYour word quite true haha... they make one into zombie instead. But what is yours do? Mine randomly banging and hammering in middle of the night. My neighbourhood become suspicious to each other 😅 I think it can become drama of itself. Btw until now still don't know who is the root cause. 

Spoiler

Jirisan, I'm watching ep 6 now. Idk when Ju Ji Hoon not on the screen I dozed off. The story go here and there. I often lost in the process. I'll stick for a while and see how. 

@mademoiselleis right , Yi Gang first love story not so interesting. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

Spoiler recaps for Ep 3 (summary)

https://www.tvreport.co.kr/2084356

On this day, Yoon Sae-bom learned that Seung-young Lee was trapped in the container with the madmen, and jumped into the container alone to save Seung-young Lee. The moment they managed to find Lee Seung-young and tried to take him out, the soldiers tried to lock the container door, fearing that the madmen would escape. At this time, Jeong Yi-hyeon appeared and opened the door that was about to close again, and went in to rescue  Yoon Sae-bom and Lee Seung-young, who were captured by madmen. 

50edfbc9-7059-463d-9c13-c1d55ff0a53a.jpg

Lee Seung-young, who came back to his senses, said, "I went in, but all those people were completely crazy. Saebom, what if I do that? My wife and my children,” he said, showing concern for his family, and Saebom looked at him sadly. 

Jeong Yi-hyun was furious at seeing seriously ill people being left unattended in a container and said, "Han Tae-seok, what if your family is like that? They see them as monsters.” Tae-seok (Jo Woo-jin) countered by saying, "I have endured hard to protect my family." Saebom said, “You have to disclose it to the public and decide how to treat the infected.” “Hurry up. Or I'll blow it up." 

However, although a shocking video sent by Lee Seung-young was released, people kept their daily lives as usual. In addition, Yoon Sae-bom, who entered Apt 601 at the sound of a noise coming from the 6th floor, witnessed the appearance of his wife locked in the bathroom with madness. In the end, Yoon Sae-bom had to fight violently with the wife of Apt 601, who had madness, and many apartment people witnessed it. However, the apartment  representative made Saebom angry  by asking her not to go elsewhere and not to  talk about the outbreak of madness because house prices could fall. Even during the outbreak of madness, she  was shocked to see him worrying about house prices.

(warning - shocking pic)

Spoiler

e665159a-86cc-4523-a056-74284b8a1d9c.jpg

Jeong Yi-hyun also found out that the husband of Apt 601 was trying to kill his wife. Jeong Yi-hyun, who even secured a witness, arrested the unscrupulous man #601 who killed his wife. At that time, Tae-seok visited Sae-bom, who was in the apartment. Tae-seok mentioned the plan to block off the entire apartment, saying that there is a madman in the apartment.  Saebom's said  that apartment residents should be informed so that they can prepare their minds in advance. Taeseok said, "They are  not going to prepare their hearts, but will run away and spread the disease."  Saebom replied, "It's my fault. I should have known what you were doing in the dormitory and should have spread it on the newspaper broadcast.” 

Yoon Sae-bom declined the opportunity to go out and said, “I decided to live here, and this is my home. Running away in the middle, whether it's a gang noise or a madman, doesn't suit my taste. Good luck to me,” she said. Then she called Lee Hyun and told him not to enter the apartment, because she would be guarding the apartment. However, at that time, Lee Hyun also came to the apartment to arrest the 601 man. As soon as she saw Yi Hyun, Saebom hugged Yi Hyun and revealing her true feelings, “I thought I was left alone.” 

671b9e6e-21a9-4c9c-a886-57ec6a9b97c8.jpg

---------------

@JenL Jirisan - I plan to watch parts of it on 1.5 speed . Just want to know what happened. 

• Like 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

56 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Oh wow @Dhakraalso in zombie drama. I agree with you this one pacing is good and I found Han Hyoo Joo really nailing the role here. She's a girl crush! 

I found the zombie theme quite reasonable and comprehensible. It doesn't feel like fantasy or zombie hordes trying to erase the population. They also seem to explain it at a medical level. I think this would also be quite interesting for @stroppyse

So I like it quite well.

And hell yeah, she is absolutely girl crush :pandalove:If she turns I let her bite me :pandapirate: Zombie couple :pandarage:

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
17 minutes ago, Dhakra said:

I found the zombie theme quite reasonable and comprehensible. It doesn't feel like fantasy or zombie hordes trying to erase the population. They also seem to explain it at a medical level. I think this would also be quite interesting for @stroppyse

So I like it quite well.

The infectious disease turns people into zombies??? I thought we were over the zombie trend, but maybe not. Thanks @Dhakrafor calling me here. I was on the fence about trying this one despite liking the lead actors, so maybe I will give it a try.

18 minutes ago, Dhakra said:

Zombie couple 

I can totally see that! Becoming a zombie for love! :lmao2:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Party! 1
50 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

The infectious disease turns people into zombies??? I thought we were over the zombie trend, but maybe not. Thanks @Dhakrafor calling me here. I was on the fence about trying this one despite liking the lead actors, so maybe I will give it a try.

Temporary at least. It's a state caused by thirst. They turn into normal after some time or with a little help of electricity :lenny: But they try to at least explain it with science and give it a medical cause. This get especially interesting since the drama includes covid as ongoing disease and includes it into the greater picture. 

I think you would like this one, I can already see your explanations and decode the drama piece by piece. 

50 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

I can totally see that! Becoming a zombie for love!

True love I'd say :pandablush: 

Edited by Dhakra
  • Like 5

Episode 3 is another awesome episode! I was already WOW in the beginning scene. At first the show made us think that Lee Kyun Hyung's character was going to get lock in with the rest of the zombies but Sae Bom rushed to open the door to try to get him out. This girl, I don't know how she can be so fearless because the whole time I was worried the zombies will bite her! The soldiers even decided to close the door on her since there was no way to get her out. And just at that very moment our Yi Hyun runs in and pulled her out with so much force and out Lee Kyun Hyung and Sae Bom rolling out and onto the ground :wow2::laugh:. And the first thing he does is check if she is OK. The guy is determined to protect his love. I think at that very moment, even Sae Bom was :wow: for a split second! LOL

Some parts are just so real and relatable because of COVID-19. How people immediately head to the supermarket and start stocking up. It really feels like I'm re-living that moment. The most shocking moment came right at the end where Han Tae Seok revealed those damn blue pills have been widely distributed across the whole apartment residents through the gym's PT. The government decided to cordon the whole community and we see soldiers and trucks positioning all the barricades. It was such an impactful scene. I was also thinking how the people in my country should have seen scene and be grateful our lockdown is not at this calibre. Literally this means the government is abandoning the residents in there (be it positive or negative) so they can contain the infection. I don't feel mad at the choice Han Tae Seok had made because I know people aren't going to be honest and I know it's a desperate and necessary measures.

That hug at the end. Aww. Yes, I'm glad Sae Bom is not alone in this lockdown. But I'm really concerned about Yi Hyun actually. Several times he is just so cool and calm when dealing with these zombies but we have no idea if he has immunity or not. I think at the near end, the show will most definitely torture us with him being infected and Sae Bom is the key to the cure.

@JenL I've decided to drop Jirisan. It's been putting me to :pandasleep:. There are so many new dramas just started so I'm going to check them out and decide which to keep. Jirisan is wayyyy down the priority now. Maybe @Chocolate @abs-oluteM and @ktcjdrama can still keep us in the loop once in a while (like I do for Sisyphus hahahaha).

@Dhakra I like Sae Bom's sass. And not every day we get to see a FL pushes the ML off a building. I liked her immediately after that and I'm sure that's the moment Yi Hyun fell for her too :laugh: What a refreshing way to get a guy. Haha.

Well, I hope you guys enjoy episode 3 as much as I do!

:pandarage: Zombie out!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

Episode 2

• Find someone in your life that looks at you like Sae Bom reacts to her own apartment.
    Spoiler

look-at-me

She is so adorable, cute and beautiful. :pandablush:She could zombify me any time. BRAAAAINS!:pandarage:

• Omg @ktcjdramais right. He is the guy from SWDBS. :scaredpanda2: Noooooooo! I just began to like him. Why did you do thiiis :pandasad: My short-term memory is used to forgetting things like that. Sigh....seems like he has to prove he's good this time.

• At least she doesn't even deny she only wants to get married, because she is short on points and only wants the apartment. She doesn't even fake love. So funny. I also like how Yi-Hyun can read her instantly.

• Love triangle? Oh please no. 

• A detective marries an anti-terrorist specialist. They will have some handsome, rich kids. The kid will be able to do 100 push-ups right after being born.

• That little girl just found her new role model. Sae Bom is just so awesome in any way.

• @abs-oluteMNow I know what you mean. The guy from #601 was the bad guy from Taxi Driver. :scaredpanda2:I see evil coming. Ooohh crapperino, zombie ahjumma wifey incoming.
    Uhhh, he has an affair. 

• "Use it for investigation cost!" Oh you sweet little....:lenny:

• "Personal Trainer". Sure. :smug: Sae Bom dealt with him perfectly. She's so cool in every way. Sigh...She already has my heart. 

• Already calling that either Sae Bom or Yi-Hyun will be bitten at one point and get healed in the last episode, while they fear they get zombified and attack the other, because at that point they being to love each other genuinely.

• Have to admit, YH is kinda cool too. 

Damn what a good episode. I have to watch Episode 3 aswell. NOW. I don't care if it's 3 AM here. 

• Haha 5

Wow Episode 3 is already here!!!! :psweatduck: Whoaaaa too fast for me. I think I'm gonna give up writing episodes thoughts for all my dramas at this point...why do I always have so much to sayyyyy? :lol:

Episodes 1-2

I love the openining for this drama! It sets up the cuteness of the romance/ main pairing's history and also I think it has a double meaning or acts as a metaphor for hope...it's about being happy or striving to live even when things look grim. Haha, I loved when Sae Bom pushes him off the building into the cushion and almost gets herself charged for murder. What a girl :BulbaOWO:

Loving the characters and the relationships that exist between them - it's clear that Yi Hyun really likes her, less clear how seriously she likes him back, but she clearly trusts him and cares about him. In any case, I'm all for a playful, fun, will-they-won't-they love line during a zombie apocalyse (much prefer it to sickeningly sweet romances with baby voices *cough HomCha cough*). I did laugh that she had to give a speech justifiying that she did 'like' him and wasn't just using him for housing points, even though she totally was. But hey, he also gets a living space with close proximity to her out of this arrangement :lenny:

The pacing for this series is great. When I realised this was going to be about zombies, I wondered how they would hold it out in a long-form series format. 16 episodes is not the longest number of episodes, but it's still a lot since the genre is typical a chaser as Korean zombies are fast turning/ fast moving unlike the slow ones in The Walking Dead. I guess it has been done before with Kingdom, but it's nice to see the modern version and one that is literally being set in our times with Covid being a reality. It's very smart to make it so relevant, and as @Dhakra and I think @Chocolate mentioned, to give it a root in sceintific experiements / man-made drugs. It makes it feel more real, which adds to the psychological scares :wow2:

I was totally stressed for her in the middle of the night when it's shown that she was caged in a quarantine house where all her neighbours are literally zombies :lettalKWA: That was a great shot and super scary. I feel like her immunity to the disease has something to do with her illness as a child - I'm not sure if they mentioned what exactly her illness was, but if it was pneumonia related, maybe she tried some early version of the drug before as a kid and fought off the side effects? :thinking:

It was sad that the friend Seung Young was also scratched but didn''t check himself in for testing, but made things worse by trying to spy. Ugh. Though I guess he was trying to weigh up on the lesser of 2 evils since if he turned himself in and never left there, his family might be poor...so he wanted to cover them in case he died? :letalQQ: I can't tell whether Han Tae Seok is just a cold science guy who is trying to protect society in a secretive way, or someone who has evil intentions given that he got out of trouble and then was made the leader of this department. Also having worked at a pharmaceutical company, you would think he would have had more knowledge about the blue pills? :thinking:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

Episode 3

• "Husband? He's good looking". Lil kiddo is already MVP of the drama. YH really enjoys the husband life it seems.
  • I don't know, but somehow it felt heavily satisfying to see YH punch that 601 guy in the stomach. Really, really satisfying. I may have watched that scene several times.
  • 601 probably killed his wife with the golf bat, but since she took the pills she came back to life as your friendly neighborhood zombie wife. 
    Yeah....was quite obvious....after all it was about money.
  • So Tae-Soks wife was bitten and is a zombie aswell. That explains why he is so reckless and doesn't even back down from torture. He does everything to find a cure, to make progress or isolate it. I guess he really has a crappy job, he is in charge to prevent a mass zombification, while his wife is infected and he can't do anything to stop it. 
    He has to bent the rules, he has to do all this. 
  • Unexpected, immediate hug at the end. Uhhhhh. She is relieved to see him. Do we get a little bit of love here? :lenny:I see good times ahead of us. (At least in that regard)
  • So now they have a murder trapped inside the lockdown. Yay.

Absolutely great episode. Loved it. Fantastic drama. So interesting, so well acted so far. So much fun to watch. Can't wait to see episode 4. 

@stroppyseI say it as it is. I want & need you here. :pandalove: Remember when we watched 'Duel' together in 2017? Your insights in that drama back then were so incredible, that I can only imagine what you can do here. :pandasipsip: 

• Like 4
10 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

@JenLYour word quite true haha... they make one into zombie instead. But what is yours do? Mine randomly banging and hammering in middle of the night. My neighbourhood become suspicious to each other 😅 I think it can become drama of itself. Btw until now still don't know who is the root cause. 

Hahaha maybe your neighbours really are zombies...who does things in the middle of the night? :lettalKWA::lettalKWA::lettalKWA: 

If they're not zombies, they might be serial killers hiding the bodies....You must run away! :laugh:

I don't know if I'm allowed to talk about the conflict...but I'll probably clarify what happened when things have blown over legally. But basically, they are bullies and hoons. If there was a zombie attack, I bet they would send the zombies to our house :HaunterOK: But I think I would outsmart them and re-direct the zombies back to them :eeeee:

10 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

@JenL Jirisan - I plan to watch parts of it on 1.5 speed . Just want to know what happened. 

Hahaha, maybe I'll jut read the forum thread to spoil it for me. I'm not sure I have the energy to watch it even on a speed watch. :laugh:

9 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Nah, we're never getting over zombies :BulbaOWO: Especially not in the age of covid.

I think pandemics have revived the survival genre and everyone feels like they've experienced what it would be like at the start of a zombie apocalyse with cvoid. First you hear of a weird disease and are told not to contract it by any means, people are not sure whether to trust the government who is giving contradicting advice, then people panic buy and hide at home.... :idk:

3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

@JenL I've decided to drop Jirisan. It's been putting me to :pandasleep:. There are so many new dramas just started so I'm going to check them out and decide which to keep. Jirisan is wayyyy down the priority now. Maybe @Chocolate @abs-oluteM and @ktcjdrama can still keep us in the loop once in a while (like I do for Sisyphus hahahaha).

Good to know it wasn't just me! I was struggling to feel fully invested into it at all times and was also falling asleep. I think I'll be dropping it since I haven't even caught up with King's Affection and haven't tried Dr Brain or Melancholia...also good idea to go shopping with dramas and try before you buy :eeeee: 

1 hour ago, Dhakra said:

Omg @ktcjdramais right. He is the guy from SWDBS. :scaredpanda2: Noooooooo! I just began to like him. Why did you do thiiis :pandasad: My short-term memory is used to forgetting things like that. Sigh....seems like he has to prove he's good this time.

Hahaha... just because he's the guy from SWDBS he can't be cool in this series :cool:  But I totally get you. I still can't look or listen to Park Gyu Young because her character really annoyed me in It's Ok to Not Be Ok. Not a hater, but just not keen to pick up their projects because they really don't speak to me. :idk:

Mind you, I did like the romance in SWDBS. But the story definitely wasn't woven as tightly as it should have been with the gangsters and it went all over the place. 

• Like 4
  • Shocked 1

3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

@Dhakra I like Sae Bom's sass. And not every day we get to see a FL pushes the ML off a building. I liked her immediately after that and I'm sure that's the moment Yi Hyun fell for her too :laugh: What a refreshing way to get a guy. Haha.

Well, I hope you guys enjoy episode 3 as much as I do!

:pandarage: Zombie out!

Just three episodes in and I am totally in love with her character. She has sass, bad ass moments, is fearless, but cares about YH. She is nice to the lil kid, beats up bad guys and isn't annoying in any way. There is really nothing I dislike about her role so far. 

Episode 3 was pure ham. I loved it. Can't wait to see episode 4. 

41 minutes ago, JenL said:

. It's very smart to make it so relevant, and as @Dhakra and I think @Chocolate mentioned, to give it a root in sceintific experiements / man-made drugs. It makes it feel more real, which adds to the psychological scares :wow2:

I think it's such an interesting idea to weave covid into this and use it as baseline, even involving it with the pills. It adds another layer. Two diseases instead of one. Double lockdown if you will. 

Edited by Dhakra
  • Like 5
1 hour ago, Dhakra said:

Omg @ktcjdramais right. He is the guy from SWDBS. :scaredpanda2: Noooooooo! I just began to like him. Why did you do thiiis :pandasad: My short-term memory is used to forgetting things like that. Sigh....seems like he has to prove he's good this time.

Oops... sorry for opening old wound 😆 I will make sure not to remind you of these things from now on. He actually looks quite different somehow, like his head is smaller... maybe because he bulked up his body? 

Anyway, I started ep.1 last night and I love it. Will continue watching for sure especially since it is only 12 episodes. I love strong sassy female character. HHJ is amazingly believable as a high-schooler, but the hand really cannot hide your age 😆 ref. when she extended her hand to PHS’s character on the rooftop. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

3 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Oops... sorry for opening old wound 😆 I will make sure not to remind you of these things from now on. He actually looks quite different somehow, like his head is smaller... maybe because he bulked up his body?

It's fine. I will deal with it. And he is really good so far. DBS wasn't his fault aswell. Although I liked Ji Soo much more back then.

I think he just matured a little. He seems more mature and a little bulkier.  

9 minutes ago, JenL said:

Hahaha... just because he's the guy from SWDBS he can't be cool in this series :cool:  But I totally get you. I still can't look or listen to Park Gyu Young because her character really annoyed me in It's Ok to Not Be Ok. Not a hater, but just not keen to pick up their projects because they really don't speak to me. :idk:

Mind you, I did like the romance in SWDBS. But the story definitely wasn't woven as tightly as it should have been with the gangsters and it went all over the place. 

I really like his role so far. He is a good one. He enjoys being "married" to Sae Bom, takes care of her, worries about her and overall seems like a decent guy with a good heart. He has a sense of justice. He knows what he gets with SB, but still goes for it since he genuinely loves her. I'm gucci with him as her husband. 

I just hope over the course of the drama she falls in love with him too. 

A little kiss between raging zombie-hordes? :smug:

My relationship with SWDBS is.......complicated. I hate it with burning passion. :pandarage2:

I can't watch Park Bo Young ever since. I didn't like her as much in "Healer" already, but the drama itself was such a masterpiece, that I didn't care. But after DBS I can't watch her anymore. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1