Happiness 해피니스 [2021]

39 minutes ago, Dhakra said:

I just hope over the course of the drama she falls in love with him too. 

Me too. Otherwise I'll feel a little bad for him since he got into a contract marriage just so she could buy a house! :letalQQ::lol:

39 minutes ago, Dhakra said:

My relationship with SWDBS is.......complicated. I hate it with burning passion. :pandarage2:

I can't watch Park Bo Young ever since. I didn't like her as much in "Healer" already, but the drama itself was such a masterpiece, that I didn't care. But after DBS I can't watch her anymore. 

Hahaha I can tell you hate it. I enjoyed it at the time for the romance and stalker lines. Her chemistry with Park Hyung Sik was genuinely good though, even off-screen....since then he's even sent her food trucks twice when she filmed other projects and they made cute SWDBS jokes. But yeah, plotwise and story-telling wise that drama was incredibly messy. But then she went on to star in Abyss and that was a disaster in my opinion. Quite literally one of the worst storylines I've seen :idk:

Pretty sure Park Bo Young was not in Healer:thinking: That was Park Min Young.... Park Bo Young is more cutesy than Park Min Young and she has only done fantasy romance since 2009 ( Abyss, Doom at Your Service, Oh my Ghost ). But she has done more movies than dramas and seems to pick more diverse roles in film. I still like Park Bo Young, but I feel like she needs to pick better scripts....even for fantasy romance, the storytelling needs to be more logical in how it unfolds and explains the magic rules of the world. :heiboi:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

Actually the way they lock down the apartment isn't too far fetch ...see in some places in my country (especially in areas where the covid cases are sky high at one time) they used barb wire as barricades. Here they do give some warning / time for you to prep and true enough people do run off.

Not easy to manage a pandemic.

Spoiler

download-28_2117737_20210214074445.jpg

There was one thing that Tae Seok said to the the gym guy in the truck that caught my attention - he said if you want something bad enough, you won't give in to the thirst. What does he mean? So a person can control himself even after being infected? 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

@abs-oluteM The version I saw said "If there's something you really want, you don't surrender until you get it."

I went into the city today to meet up with a friend for lunch. Unfortunately there was ANOTHER protest planned and I was stuck in traffic and was about 15 mins late arriving at the venue. This time they were protesting vaccine mandate and the new pandemic law. There were so many people that I'm so worried of catching COVID just from walking on the streets. :pandasadspoon:

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
8 hours ago, JenL said:

Hahaha I can tell you hate it. I enjoyed it at the time for the romance and stalker lines. Her chemistry with Park Hyung Sik was genuinely good though, even off-screen....since then he's even sent her food trucks twice when she filmed other projects and they made cute SWDBS jokes. But yeah, plotwise and story-telling wise that drama was incredibly messy. But then she went on to star in Abyss and that was a disaster in my opinion. Quite literally one of the worst storylines I've seen :idk:

Don't get me started on SWDBS. The story was so bad, don't trigger my hatred button against DBS. 

4 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Park Bo Young wasn’t in Healer. That was Park Min Young 😂

Ohhh, miy mistake :pandahehe:I mixed them up a bunch of times. I watched Park Min Young in "City Hunter" aswell and she's my go-to charachter when I think about bad acting. So I automatically seemed to connect PBY into it. 

Sigh....I am so bad with names.

8 hours ago, JenL said:

Me too. Otherwise I'll feel a little bad for him since he got into a contract marriage just so she could buy a house! 

I honestly think he would be fine with that and I can understand him. Who wouldn't want to be married to the girl you love and live with her. She also seems to enjoy it, she had so much fun choosing interior. I do think, since both are trapped in a crisis now, they will grow closer.

It would be a waste for such a sweet couple to have a platonic relationship. Would also be kinda sad if he never actually would be able to kiss her. 
Zombie Couple Kiss. I like that. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Quick recaps for Eps 4

Source

On this day, Yoon Sae-bom and Jeong Yi-hyun's apartment were closed due to the risk of contracting madness. Lee Ji-soo (Park Joo-hee) said, "Dear residents, the entire complex has been  quarantined for a week due to the additional risk of infection inside the apartment complex."Jeong Yi-hyun informed the residents of symptoms of madness infection. “You only have to wait a week,” he added.

Yoon Sae-bom requested a meeting with Han Tae-seok (Jo Woo-jin). He asked, "When the children went to school, they blocked it and took the school vehicle from outside." Han Tae-seok replied, "Because that one looks better."

Yoon Sae-bom asked, "I have a child who hasn't been to school. Please let me go." "Can you arrange that?" Han Tae-seok refused, saying, "Park Seo-yoon (Song Ji-woo) is being tested because of her parents. There is a high possibility of infection." Han Tae-seok said, "The delivery job is difficult, so he must have taken medicine in hopes of an awakening effect.

Yoon Sae-bom asked, “What do you mean by that?” Han Tae-seok refused to say more "It's better for Seo-yoon to be here with a good protector."

The residents - Oh Yeon-ok and Seon Woo-chang (Cha Soon-bae), Shin So-yoon (Jung Woon-sun) took advantage of the chaos to only care about their own interests. Seeing this, Yoon Sae-bom and Jeong Yi-hyun expressed their discomfort. After a residents  meeting, Oh Yeon-ok expressed his displeasure with Yoon Sae-bom, who was disturbing him.

Meanwhile, Yoon Sae-bom and Jeong Yi-hyun questioned a gym employee who was suspected of being infected, over the whereabouts of the drug. Jeong Yi-hyun insisted, "It's not something that can be hidden." Nevertheless, the gym staff denied that he had any knowledge of the drug's whereabouts.

Sae-Bom Yoon and Yi-Hyun Jeong found out that the gym staff had disappeared. While chasing the gym staff, Yoon Sae-bom and Jeong Yi-hyun found blood on the elevator. Sae-Bom Yoon and Yi-Hyun Jeong realized that there was a person infected with madness in the elevator and ran away.

(see how they end up holding each other's hands!)

The spread of madness has spread within the apartment complex. Han Tae-seok, who was watching the madness outbreak in the apartment, said, "Yoon Sae-bom, now you know why the lockdown is necessary, right?" Yoon Sae-bom was shocked, saying, "I know."

-------------------------

Deleted scene

Quaratining together  - and unlikely family

• Like 5

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

Another great episode for episode 4. I saw a cut on weibo that wasn't included again. tvN keeps deleting our OTP's scenes. Sigh. @abs-oluteM has posted it above. This part is when they were in bed on D-7 but Sae Bom couldn't sleep. She sneaks out of the room and Yi Hyun just jumps up. They then spent a bit of time together sipping beer. Back to her room again she texts him "goodnight" and he texts back the same.

The poster also shared the content of the previous texts on Sae Bom's phone.

Hyun: If I'm back late, you can eat first

SB: Then you're dead meat.

Hyun: Mianhe.

Poor Hyun has to sleep on the floor. Why don't they just have the police Ahjussi sleeps in the little girl's house instead so everyone has a room/bed? LOL. Hyun was so disappointed his bedtime is separated from Sae Bom :lmao2:

I really liked the revelation to Han Tae Seok's backstory. It is confirmed he's not a bad guy at all and quite the contrary, he's doing all he can too to save his own family, including the unborn baby! He could have been honest with Sae Bom and Yi Hyun on this but he didn't. Ugh I can't believe the REAL culprit is the CEO of the pharmaceutical company and he himself has turned. The zombie effects are quite confronting and scary actually. Not so much on the security guard at the end of this episode but the doctor's wife last episode and the pharma CEO.

I wonder who that guy, Andrew, in mask is? He seems so unfazed by all of it and is enjoying the chaos. I have recognised the actor so I'm not so curious about his looks but I wonder if he really has a big scar on his face and what it could have be, a bite scar? Is he also a survivor of this disease, like Sae Bom? Or he managed to "control" himself and unleashed his inner zombie whenever he wishes (like Sweet Home)?

Happiness-Lee_Joo-Seung.jpgPinocchio_(Korean_Drama)-Lee_Joo-Seung.j

I really love it when the other residents lock the 101 unit up, and rather than standing there listening to their BS, Sae Bom grabs the gun and demand the door unlocked. I love it even more that Yi Hyun wasn't even shocked of her action. He knows her too well! Also we have hand-holding this episode!!!! KYAAAAA! :wow:

Guys, let's see how our zombie fighting OTP progress throughout each episode!

Episode 1 - Marriage proposal

Episode 2 - Moving in + sleep together in same room

Episode 3 - Hug

Episode 4 - Hand holding

Episode 5 - I see another hug in the preview!

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 3

Really excited even before the episode, let's see what todays episode brings.

Episode 4

• She's way too pretty for that 601 murding prick anyway. How do beautiful girls end up with guys like these? Sigh.....but seems she has something to hide aswell. 
    That witch is lying for him to get money...sigh.....beautiful, but bad character it seems.
  • Gosh this hug. Getting such a hug from Sae Bom must feel like heaven. :pandablush:
  • For some weird reason, all korean lawyers look shady and dishonest to me. I think all crime dramas left a scar in my mind. 
  • "Don't miss". :laugh:YH is so funny. Great one liner. 
  • I liked to see YH work in front of Sae Bom. She was a little impressed by his detective work. 
  • Was YH really thinking he would be able to sleep with Sae Bom in the same bed while the lil kiddo sleeps next to them? :smug:
    Oh you little....I like the way you thinking. :pandacool:
  • But this already looks like a little family. Maybe this will be enough to convince Sae Bom to actually have a real marriage and not only act as an arrangement.
  • Seo Yoon hardened Sae Bom as her role model. She really adores her. The way she said SB is cool was so heart warming. Sae Bom just is the coolest. 

What an another fantastic episode. 

So basically all the other buildings are overrun with zombies, the last remaining people will be zombified aswell. This means that the building is on their own now and completely sealed off. They can't even go out anymore, this means that food will become a limited resource soon. The supermarket lady is probably a zombie by now too. Too bad, she was cute. Sigh, cute zombie's are still zombies I'm afraid. 
I wonder if they will use the roof to bring in supplies. AIR DROP INCOOOMING. 

And on top we have ahjumma being scratched by a zombie, so at one point she will turn too and probably infect the whole unit. 

I am sure aswell that 601 will cause a lot of problems too. I'm sure the guy will try to take care of his affair. 

But let's look at the bright side! THEY WERE HOLDING HAAAANDS :pandasipsip::pandawizard:

3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Another great episode for episode 4. I saw a cut on weibo that wasn't included again. tvN keeps deleting our OTP's scenes. Sigh. @abs-oluteM has posted it above. This part is when they were in bed on D-7 but Sae Bom couldn't sleep. She sneaks out of the room and Yi Hyun just jumps up. They then spent a bit of time together sipping beer. Back to her room again she texts him "goodnight" and he texts back the same.

So many scenes were cut. I hope they will release a directors cut afterwards on a sweet little Blu Ray. If the drama continues to deliver like that, I can totally see it being one of my fav dramas of all time. 

I really liked the revelation to Han Tae Seok's backstory. It is confirmed he's not a bad guy at all and quite the contrary, he's doing all he can too to save his own family, including the unborn baby! He could have been honest with Sae Bom and Yi Hyun on this but he didn't. Ugh I can't believe the REAL culprit is the CEO of the pharmaceutical company and he himself has turned. The zombie effects are quite confronting and scary actually. Not so much on the security guard at the end of this episode but the doctor's wife last episode and the pharma CEO.

He does everything, he seem to be the bad guy on the outside and to be fair, I also expected him to be. When they showed his facility, I was sure they would also do some illegal tests on the side. But it really does seem like he just wants a cure and is ready to do everything necessary. I like that actually. He may seem rough and ruthless, but he fights for his wife and his unborn. 

Or he managed to "control" himself and unleashed his inner zombie whenever he wishes (like Sweet Home)?

That could be true actually. The way he seemed at the roof it felt like he was enjoying it, maybe because he set it up and bit a few more. 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 3

Episodes 3-4

I find this drama lulls you into a false sense of security since it's like everyday things between the residents and just when you think everything will be ok....BAM! SCARY ZOMBIE INTERACTION. :lettalKWA: But this is at least sweetened with the subtle teasing romance of Sae Bom and Yi Hyun. I like them together and this kind of romance where they notice the littlest things about each other, but are also so comfortable with each other's habits...It's just the best...And I like that Sae Bom is naturally hugging him when she feels scared etc...so there are some feelings she can't stop herself from having :BulbaOWO::smug:

I also like that Han Tae Seok is a character with a tragic backstory, although I'm still not sure what decisions he will make. He seems cold and logical, but I also think he represents authority and that delicate choice of having to make the best decision for the masses, while trying to balance the interest of the minority and not sacrifice them completely. I feel sorry for him since his wife was attacked by the CEO who also looks to be the ultimate villain as both drug distributor and long term zombie. He needs to be taken down already :KittyGun:

But you know who annoys me on an equal tier? That annoying doctor neighbour and his mistress! Both are such a waste of space...he's useless and a murderer and she's obviously an opportunist who is probably going to get turned into a zombie...
But, man, that scene where he pushed Sae Bom into the bathroom with his zombie wife was horrible! :pandarage2: It's a good thing that the zombies in this series still at times retain their human memories so she could redirect her :lenny:

I did feel like Episode 4 was the slowest as it focused on the many stories of the residents and was paving the way for conflict/ pressure points when the zombies start multiplying...But the next episode looks to be more fast pace. There was also a lot of teasing ie. I was expecting that old lady with the shouty husband and annoying live-stremer son to have turned into a zombie when he came back with food....but no, it seems she wasn't bitten....but it looks like she might have been injured this time around? Also that Andrew guy almost looks like he is a zombie, but with more conciousness??? Wonder if he's wearing a mask to prevent himself from turning in some way? :thinking:

One last thing, I'm really enjoying the music they've selected for this OST. It's that sort of lazy, dull but cheerful sort of sound which works well with the title and feel of the drama. :heart:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 3

19 minutes ago, JenL said:

One last thing, I'm really enjoying the music they've selected for this OST. It's that sort of lazy, dull but cheerful sort of sound which works well with the title and feel of the drama. 

Oh right. I forgot to mention the OST... the one that repeatedly singing "real life"... everything feels real alright of the circumstances minus people turning into zombies.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 4
8 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

BTS

How many times they had to do the hug scenes :lenny: Oh..nooo, we have to do it another time, you have to hug me again. 

1 hour ago, JenL said:

I feel sorry for him since his wife was attacked by the CEO who also looks to be the ultimate villain as both drug distributor and long term zombie. He needs to be taken down already 

I do wonder though why the CEO was in the same room as his wife, especially since he attacked and bit her. Did they have an affair? Does she work for him? 

Edited by Dhakra
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Just finished the first two episodes because of @Dhakra's recommendation. It is cute, though my heart sank when YH was scratched by a zombie. However, we actually don't know what the transmission vector or trigger is, so maybe she won't become a zombie halfway through the drama?

YH's work partner was also scratched up when he was treating the injured guy who turned zombie while he was treating him, I guess. I actually have sympathy for him selling out to the reporters. Especially thinking that he will die, if he takes the money for the video and story, he can at least leave some money for his family even after he's gone.

YH and SB's romance seems cute, though a bit sad since it's clear that SB does like YH and always has, while YH has been too busy to even consider SB in that light. It's good that YH is a feisty, fighter type of girl whereas SB may be the calmer, more reflective of the two. I just hope that now they are a married couple, albeit in a contract relationship so that they could move into that apartment, that YH will develop feelings for SB and that they get a chance to be together.

I had forgotten how much I like Park Hyung Sik, and Han Hyo Joo keeps getting better all the time.

Will write more after I get a chance to catch up. Thanks @Dhakra for the recommendation. So far, so good!

• Like 3
  • Star Struck 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

Ep.3 was good. It's really sad what happened to her partner in SOU. I knew something might happen to him to cut his screen time because his name was not listed as the cast.

On 11/6/2021 at 3:42 PM, SilverMoonTea said:

Your oppa LJH Dark Hole scarred me 

This is so much better than Dark Hole... sad to say...

On 11/7/2021 at 6:11 AM, JenL said:

Haha my sister finally finished exams so I'm finally watching Squid Game. Probably the last person on the planet to watch the series, so marathorning that first :heiboi: 

Nope, you're not the last person. I haven't watched it too, but planning to watch so I know what's going on and can talk about it, coz my daughter and nephews have all watched. But the motivation to watch a completed drama is so much lower, tbh... Still not finished with My Name yet. They always get pushed to the side by current airing ones. 

On 11/13/2021 at 6:31 AM, mademoiselle said:

At first the show made us think that Lee Kyun Hyung's character was going to get lock in with the rest of the zombies but Sae Bom rushed to open the door to try to get him out. This girl, I don't know how she can be so fearless because the whole time I was worried the zombies will bite her! The soldiers even decided to close the door on her since there was no way to get her out. And just at that very moment our Yi Hyun runs in and pulled her out with so much force and out Lee Kyun Hyung and Sae Bom rolling out and onto the ground. And the first thing he does is check if she is OK. The guy is determined to protect his love. I think at that very moment, even Sae Bom was for a split second! LOL

I super love this scene too!! Even HTS was impressed, no? Haha...

On 11/13/2021 at 6:31 AM, mademoiselle said:

Some parts are just so real and relatable because of COVID-19. How people immediately head to the supermarket and start stocking up. It really feels like I'm re-living that moment. The most shocking moment came right at the end where Han Tae Seok revealed those damn blue pills have been widely distributed across the whole apartment residents through the gym's PT. The government decided to cordon the whole community and we see soldiers and trucks positioning all the barricades. It was such an impactful scene. I was also thinking how the people in my country should have seen scene and be grateful our lockdown is not at this calibre. Literally this means the government is abandoning the residents in there (be it positive or negative) so they can contain the infection. I don't feel mad at the choice Han Tae Seok had made because I know people aren't going to be honest and I know it's a desperate and necessary measures.

Totally agree with what you've written above. It's really not easy to be in his position, but I like his firmness despite possibly getting hate from people. I also like that we're given his backstory. YH will probably regret his accusation towards HTS for not having more sympathies towards the infected people.

There is only one gripe from me in ep.3.... Whyyyyy did SB let the 601 wife out of the bathroom??? There's a civilian out there that could be attacked. SB being an SOU personnel should be able to deal with the zombie wife better than that husband. Not to mention she has experience with her colleague. Yeah I know the husband is a piece of trash, and many of us don't really care about him, but still, by letting the zombie wife out of the bathroom, the risk of her infecting other people become high, as we see ourselves that the husband opened the unit door and they went roaming out. One of the neighbours got scratched by her, it seems. SB even didn't chase after her immediately but paused to answer a call. Looking at the way she opened the bathroom door, she could deceive the zombie wife and escape the bathroom herself and lock her back in.... Okay, I get that we need zombie wife to scratch one of the neighbours, but that can be achieved without portraying SB as unwise and careless.

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Kidnapping // Dog Day // Lovers // Vote

16 hours ago, Dhakra said:

I do wonder though why the CEO was in the same room as his wife, especially since he attacked and bit her. Did they have an affair? Does she work for him? 

Well I think the drama mentioned that he tried to take down the CEO before...so I'm guessing the CEO came after him as revenge privately? :thinking: He doesn't seem like the type of person to let things go

14 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Nope, you're not the last person. I haven't watched it too, but planning to watch so I know what's going on and can talk about it, coz my daughter and nephews have all watched. But the motivation to watch a completed drama is so much lower, tbh... Still not finished with My Name yet. They always get pushed to the side by current airing ones. 

Hahaha yay! I was not the last person! :CharmanderYay: I like to be on a schedule too. Completed series mean blocking out a few days to marathon. But you won't regret watching Squid Game. It lives up to the hype and is quite possibly the best series I've seen this year, definitely for the action and social commentary. It's definitely my favourite of the 'survival/death game' genre. 

18 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

There is only one gripe from me in ep.3.... Whyyyyy did SB let the 601 wife out of the bathroom??? There's a civilian out there that could be attacked. SB being an SOU personnel should be able to deal with the zombie wife better than that husband. Not to mention she has experience with her colleague. Yeah I know the husband is a piece of trash, and many of us don't really care about him, but still, by letting the zombie wife out of the bathroom, the risk of her infecting other people become high, as we see ourselves that the husband opened the unit door and they went roaming out. One of the neighbours got scratched by her, it seems. SB even didn't chase after her immediately but paused to answer a call. 

Yeah, I'm going to agree with you on this. I mean, I think she's brave to throw herself into those situations, but I do feel uncomfortable at some of her actions...mainly because in zombie films/ dramas, there are a few major personality tropes: 

-Brave (fights zombies, saves people)

-Resourceful (may or may not be good at fighting zombies, but are smart and helpful and finds resources/ survival tools/ weapons)

-Ignorant (in denial about zombies till too late, mostly turns into zombies, creates obstacles for those trying to fight the zombies)

-Stupid (believes in the zombies, but does super risky things that often spread infection/ leads to others being turns into zombies, will turn into a zombie in the end or just get eaten)

I think Sae Bom is definitely brave and she has a good heart in that she's trying to save people so they're not locked up unfairly or killed just because they have the disease, BUT some of her actions are verging on the doing-before-thinking, which is a bit stupid. Like it's clear that she herself is a good fighter...but sometimes I'm not sure if she thinks about the consequences of the zombies getting out and hurting the weaker less abled characters (eg. elderly, children). Even when she opened the door to get her colleague out from the truck, I was like, what if the zombies escaped and infected the army people who are needed for defence?! :lettalKWA:

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 3

54 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

There is only one gripe from me in ep.3.... Whyyyyy did SB let the 601 wife out of the bathroom??? There's a civilian out there that could be attacked. SB being an SOU personnel should be able to deal with the zombie wife better than that husband. Not to mention she has experience with her colleague. Yeah I know the husband is a piece of trash, and many of us don't really care about him, but still, by letting the zombie wife out of the bathroom, the risk of her infecting other people become high, as we see ourselves that the husband opened the unit door and they went roaming out. One of the neighbours got scratched by her, it seems. SB even didn't chase after her immediately but paused to answer a call. Looking at the way she opened the bathroom door, she could deceive the zombie wife and escape the bathroom herself and lock her back in.... Okay, I get that we need zombie wife to scratch one of the neighbours, but that can be achieved without portraying SB as unwise and careless.

Yeah I agreed with you on this one. On weibo I see people complaining about Sae Bom for this. At first I thought she may not have her mobile with her but I checked the scene again and she does! She should have just stayed in the shower and call Han Tae Seok and Yi Hyun. Also agree @JenL's observation that Sae Bom is more of the impulsive, do first then worry later type.

16 hours ago, Dhakra said:

We don't know what occasion it was that the wife was there. He could have bitten her during a dinner gathering. And we also don't know the timeline of when this happened. Is it before he punched the CEO or after? I'd think he assaulted the CEO after this has happened.

• Like 5

I'm caught up on this drama, and I think I'm hooked.

While it was the OTP that first drew me in, I've actually come to appreciate the story as it reveals what is happening to our various characters. It is playing a bit out like a protracted Sweet Home for me now that I've settled in to watch it, but I'm enjoying it all. And, it's nice that we are getting some background story arcs for the various supporting characters as well.

I knew that Lee Kyu Hyung would probably die somehow since he was supposed to be a cameo, but his arc and ending was still sad. In the brief time we had to see him, Lee Seung Young seemed like a good officer and colleague, a regular guy who got unlucky while he was trying to help a colleague. Btw, I thought Lee Kyu Hyung looked really good in this role. I'm glad he was married so that my shipping instincts didn't come to the fore when Seung Young and Sae Bom were working together. hee hee

As for the other characters, the little bits that serve to tell us more about them serve to make us care about those characters, whether positively like Yi Hyun's partner who makes ricecake deliveries for his wife's new bakery or negatively like the adulterous, murderous husband in Unit 601.

The end of episode 4 also creates a turnabout as it delivers some commentary on human nature. There are always people who think that it can never happen to them, and people who will get a false sense of security via some inadequate actions. The residents of the other buildings thought that by quarantining just the building where their first infected showed up, the rest would be fine. They didn't think as to whether anyone else might have caught the disease in some way until it's too late. So, now the restidents in SB and YH's building find themselves in the situation of locking themselves in to save themselves rather than being locked in by others.

And then there is the callousness of the super rich which unfortunately is frequently supported by society, and not just in SK. The pharma CEO let the NEXT drug be distributed in the streets to try to create a more serious social situation so that more resources would be put to finding the cure, so that he can get the cure before he dies from it. TS is definitely a voice of hard practicality, doing whatever has to be done (or not done even).

I'm curious as to where the story will go. I just hope that our quartet of Sae Bom, Yi Hyun, Jung Kook, and Seo Yoon make it alive through to the very end.

Also, what is up with Andrew?? I know his employer says that he's autistic, but there is probably more to his story. Can't wait to see what it is.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 4
  • Party! 1
9 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

This is so much better than Dark Hole... sad to say...

:1000: :valid: ...me who suffered for my oppa over 12 episodes. :BulbaConfused:

What Dark Hole failed to do (even with a similar premise) is that they focused a lot on the chasing. The shock factor became lost on me. And both the leads there took a while to even meet ( and LJH's screen time was not great at the start)  , so we were practically seeing them in separate scenarios. Here the drama succeeds because it links the leads together from the start with a touching backstory and they have an emotional connection - so we feel invested too. 

Eps 4 showed us a bit more of the other characters but I felt really quite bad for Tae Sok. Didn't expect his wife ( with their unborn child) to have been bitten by the pharma CEO who's a great example of human garbage. How selfish for him to release the drugs in the "black market" , so that he can find his own cure.

One of the deleted scenes with subs

4 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

He brushes her hair so naturally... how can she oblivious to his feelings...? And he totally "check her out" when she walks out of the room!

I wonder if she is really oblivious of his feelings. Part of me thinks that they both like each other but just hasn't come to the point where they want to break the status quo. Friends to lovers is always one of the hardest barriers to overcome. A lot can be at stake. 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

54 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

I wonder if she is really oblivious of his feelings. Part of me thinks that they both like each other but just hasn't come to the point where they want to break the status quo. Friends to lovers is always one of the hardest barriers to overcome. A lot can be at stake. 

I think she's comfortable with him. They do like each other but like you said, both probably didn't want to break/ruin the current comfortable standpoint they are in. However, partly or actually I reckon mostly is because Sae Bom was traumatised by her own parents' marriage that she doesn't believe in love/marriage. Though not much had been mentioned but there are some hints dropped here and there, and I do think Yi Hyun knows this so he's not pressuring her into it either and taking it real slow. Plus the girl is practically married to him now anyway... heh.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 3
  • Insightful 1
11 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Just finished the first two episodes because of @Dhakra's recommendation. It is cute, though my heart sank when YH was scratched by a zombie. However, we actually don't know what the transmission vector or trigger is, so maybe she won't become a zombie halfway through the drama?

YH's work partner was also scratched up when he was treating the injured guy who turned zombie while he was treating him, I guess. I actually have sympathy for him selling out to the reporters. Especially thinking that he will die, if he takes the money for the video and story, he can at least leave some money for his family even after he's gone.

YH and SB's romance seems cute, though a bit sad since it's clear that SB does like YH and always has, while YH has been too busy to even consider SB in that light. It's good that YH is a feisty, fighter type of girl whereas SB may be the calmer, more reflective of the two. I just hope that now they are a married couple, albeit in a contract relationship so that they could move into that apartment, that YH will develop feelings for SB and that they get a chance to be together.

I had forgotten how much I like Park Hyung Sik, and Han Hyo Joo keeps getting better all the time.

Will write more after I get a chance to catch up. Thanks @Dhakra for the recommendation. So far, so good!

:pandahappy:Yaaaaaaaaay. Hoooraaaaaaaay!  You are heeeere :pandahappyspoon: So glad you chose to take a bit of time and watch this gem. 

But I think you mixed YH and SB up in your text. Sae Bom is the our my heroine and YH is our charming cop :pandablush: 

You are right though, YH loves SB, whenever she's in danger he immediately heads to her and nothing can stop him. It was so cute when they shut the door and he just barged it open again to save her. So cheesy, but so good aswell. 

No need to thank me. I called you her because I know you would like it and because it would improve my viewing experience aswell. I am a sucker for your insights. :pandasipsip: You always seem to see more than I do. 

8 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Actually, it surprised me more that the door wasn't locked up. After 601 guy pushed her into the bathroom and closed the door behind her, I was totally in belief that he also locked the door behind her. When SB just opened the door, I wondered myself why she chose to get into the shower cabin, she could have just turned around and open the door again. 

Maybe he was pushing against the door, but actually SB seems to be stronger than him. 

I think she let her out because 601 guy already proved that he doesn't value life. He sent SB into a death scenario, so he lost his priviliges to be saved. And when it comes to survival, I actually value SB's life more than 601 guy. 

8 hours ago, JenL said:

Hahaha yay! I was not the last person! :CharmanderYay: I like to be on a schedule too. Completed series mean blocking out a few days to marathon. But you won't regret watching Squid Game. It lives up to the hype and is quite possibly the best series I've seen this year, definitely for the action and social commentary. It's definitely my favourite of the 'survival/death game' genre. 

I haven't watched it too and I think I will postpone to watch it until next year. 

7 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I'm caught up on this drama, and I think I'm hooked.

I'm curious as to where the story will go. I just hope that our quartet of Sae Bom, Yi Hyun, Jung Kook, and Seo Yoon make it alive through to the very end.

Also, what is up with Andrew?? I know his employer says that he's autistic, but there is probably more to his story. Can't wait to see what it is.

YAAAAAY! Stroppy is hooooked. :pandahappy::pandaxmas:

I called pretty early that I think Sae Bom or Yi Hyun will be bitten, but won't transform and get a cure. This could also happen to Seo Yoon in form of a scratch. They won't turn a kid into a zombie, but she could get get sick and get the cure. 

Jung Kook would be the obivous drama choice to let a beloved character, which is close to the OTP, die and create some form of upset. 

Andrew seems to be a mystery.  Why would he scratch off his name on his ID card? Maybe to visualize that his "real"-self is gone and he can control the disease? Why did he chose to work at the building without getting minimum wage?

Maybe he is a zombie general and can control his disease. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Clapping Hands 2