Broadcast station: tvN

Online streaming site: VIU | iQiyi

Director: Ahn Gil Ho

Writer: Han Sang Woon

Episodes: 12

Schedule: 5th November - 11th December 2021

Websites: Official website | Naver | NamuWiki |

Plot Summary

Set in the near future, a high-rise apartment building has been newly constructed in the big city. The apartment building has residents from diverse backgrounds, but a new infectious disease breaks out. Because of the outbreak, the high-rise apartment is sealed off. The residents struggle to survive, while stricken with fear and distrust of others.

Yoon Sae-Bom (Han Hyo-Joo) is a member of aspecial police squad. She is decisive, determined, and does not easily get rattled. She is excited to move into her new apartment, but, as soon as moves there, she faces a criss.

Jung Yi-Hyun (Park Hyung-Sik) is a detective. He is smart and honest. For a long time, he has held romantic feelings for Yoon Sae-Bom. They graduated from the same high school. Jung Yi-Hyun struggles to protect Yoon Sae-Bom and other people.

Han Tae-Seok (Jo Woo-Jin) is a lieutenant colonel and belongs to the health service command. He holds a key on the infectious disease outbreak. (source: AsianWiki)

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Party! 2

Park Hyung Sik, Han Hyo Joo, And Jo Woo Jin Confirmed For New Apocalyptic Drama

15859b340498465f9cb6b74915107a71.jpeg?s=

Park Hyung Sik, Han Hyo Joo, and Jo Woo Jin are confirmed to star together in the new tvN drama “Happiness” (literal title)!

“Happiness” is an apocalyptic city thriller that takes place in the near future within an apartment that is stratified by social standing. The high-rise apartment housing diverse people becomes sealed off when a new infectious disease emerges, and the drama will depict the fear, fierce psychological battle, and desperate struggle for survival. “Happiness” will be a realistic horror drama in which the people become suspicious of each other in the enclosed space as their daily lives fall apart and their pre-existing values begin to waver.

The drama will be helmed by producing director (PD) Ahn Gil Ho and writer Han Sang Woon, who worked on “Watcher” together. PD Ahn Gil Ho has worked on numerous hits such as “Record of Youth,” “Memories of the Alhambra,” and “Forest of Secrets” (also known as “Stranger”), while writer Han Sang Woon has also penned “The Good Wife.”

Han Hyo Joo will be playing the female lead Yoon Sae Bom, a tactical agent in the Seoul Police Special Operations Unit who is decisive and has fast judgment. Yoon Sae Bom is the type to put things into action as soon as she puts her mind to it. After she moves into the newly constructed apartment of her dreams, she comes to face a crisis. Viewers are already anticipating Han Hyo Joo’s new transformation in the upcoming drama.

For his first project since his discharge, Park Hyung Shik will be starring as the male lead Jung Yi Hyun, an intelligent and honest violent crimes detective. He is surprisingly the romantic type who wants to pursue a sweet relationship with Yoon Sae Bom, who he attended high school with. However, he gets swept up in a whirlwind of events after he receives an unexpected offer from Yoon Sae Bom. Jung Yi Hyun moves for the common good even if it means sacrificing himself, and he continuously faces danger and fear in order to protect himself and Yoon Sae Bom. Viewers are curious to see how the drama will depict the story of survival that takes place in a location swarming with greed and an unknown infectious disease as he tries to protect what’s precious to him.

Jo Woo Jin will be playing the role of commander Han Tae Suk of the Armed Forces Medical Command, who holds the key to the infectious disease. He’s in charge of secretly discovering the cause of the infectious disease and stopping it from spreading. Although Han Tae Suk has a polite and easygoing personality unexpected of someone who is a military intelligence personnel, he is a character who transforms in an instant, making him difficult to read. As an actor with great experience, Jo Woo Jin is expected to control the tension of the story.

The production team shared, “With an apartment in which people with various personalities and greed gather together as the background, ‘Happiness’ will depict human greed and the discrimination between classes. In this current time when we feel the importance of everyday life, we’ll deliver a new type of fun through the most realistic horror that’s ongoing.”

“Happiness” will begin filming this month.

source

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Party! 1

I am so excited that HHJ and PHS  are back but @mademoiselle oh my apartment sealed off ...hmm sounds like Sweet Home? ahahahaah....I supposed sooner or later K dramas will have to have themes that involve infectious diseases what with Covid and all. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

48 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

I am so excited that HHJ and PHS  are back but @mademoiselle oh my apartment sealed off ...hmm sounds like Sweet Home? ahahahaah....I supposed sooner or later K dramas will have to have themes that involve infectious diseases what with Covid and all. 

Yeah it's #Alive + Sweet Home, LOL! I'm not sure how HHJ & PHS will work but I think so far the premise sounds interesting and it sounds relatable to our current situation. Plus I do think we have a solid main casts.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1
  • 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

He is too , isn't he?

Not that I know of. Didn't come across news report of him cameo-ing Racket Boys yet. So far the next 3 are one of the Winner guy, Park Hae Soo and Kim Sung Cheol. I would be aestatic if he and Hae In cameo together and continue to fight like kindergarteners hahahahahahaha

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Park Hyung Sik And Han Hyo Joo’s Upcoming Drama Unveils Mysterious Poster

happiness1.jpg

tvN’s upcoming drama “Happiness” (literal translation) has revealed an intriguing new poster!

“Happiness” is an apocalyptic city thriller that takes place in the near future within an apartment that is stratified by social standing. The high-rise apartment housing diverse people becomes sealed off when a new infectious disease emerges, and the drama will depict the fear, fierce psychological battle, and desperate struggle for survival. “Happiness” will be a realistic horror drama in which the people become suspicious of each other in the enclosed space as their daily lives fall apart and their pre-existing values begin to waver.

Han Hyo Joo stars as Yoon Sae Bom, a tactical agent in the Seoul Police Special Operations Unit who is decisive and has fast judgment. Park Hyung Shik plays Jung Yi Hyun, an intelligent and honest violent crimes detective who wants to pursue a sweet relationship with Yoon Sae Bom, who he attended high school with.

On October 1, the drama released a mysterious poster that contains a scenery of an apartment where darkness has fallen. Everything appears normal, but the silhouettes in the window have a different story to tell.

Yoon Sae Bom and Jung Yi Hyun lean against the window and look outside, hinting that something unusual has happened. Yoon Sae Bon, who succeeded in fulfilling her dream of owning her own place, moved to a new apartment and unexpectedly came to live with Jung Yi Hyun. Although it seems like their lives will be nothing but peaceful, they, along with other residents in the building, will get involved in an unforeseen crisis. What is the dangerous situation that has changed their daily lives, and will they be able to survive?

The production team shared, “The drama is set in an apartment that is an inseparable part of our daily lives and a place where various people live together. Please watch how the variable of a ‘new infectious disease’ will change the space that is supposed to be our haven. The fierce survival of those who want to survive in extreme situations filled with an unidentified infectious disease and desires will present realistic fear. Please look forward to the performance of Han Hyo Joo and Park Hyung Sik, who will portray a new normal city thriller.”

“Happiness” will premiere in November via tvN and TVING.

source

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1