Happiness 해피니스 [2021]

56 minutes ago, JenL said:

I'm in for this one (I hope)! When does this start? I need to stalk Abs to find the little chart she made of dramas starting in Oct-Nov so I can prepare myself for the chaos that is about to descend :laugh:

It's on the title of this thread! Nov 5! :pandaheadstomp: You and Alice... seriously what am I to do with you two :laugh:

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 3
3 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

It's on the title of this thread! Nov 5! :pandaheadstomp: You and Alice... seriously what am I to do with you too :laugh:

Still need the little chart though because I need to see the order of all the starting dates together :laugh:

• Haha 3

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

Park Hyung Sik And Han Hyo Joo Are Engulfed In Fear In New Poster For Apocalyptic Thriller Drama “Happiness”

park-hyung-sik-han-hyo-joo-1.jpg

tvN’s upcoming drama “Happiness” has unveiled a new poster starring its two leads!

“Happiness” is an apocalyptic thriller that takes place in the near future and is set in a high-rise apartment building stratified by social standing. The building is sealed off when a new infectious disease emerges in the city, and the drama will depict the residents’ fear, fierce psychological battles, and desperate struggle for survival within the closed-off building.

Han Hyo Joo stars as Yoon Sae Bom, a tactical agent in the Seoul Police Special Operations Unit who is decisive and has fast judgment. Park Hyung Shik plays Jung Yi Hyun, an intelligent and honest violent crimes detective who wants to pursue a sweet relationship with Yoon Sae Bom.

The newly released poster creates a strange sense of tension and fear. Yoon Sae Bom and Jung Yi Hyun seem to be chased by something, and they look back with apprehension. Their precarious expressions contrast sharply with the dazzling blue sky. Will they be able to overcome this new obstacle and get back to their normal daily lives?

The producers teased, “This is a story of people trying to regain the happiness of ordinary life. It will interestingly portray how people change as the are locked in an apartment, surrounded by unknown fear, and become suspicious of each other.”

They added, “It will be interesting to see how the variable of a ‘new infectious disease’ will change people’s haven, the way Yoon Sae Bom and Jung Yi Hyun’s special relationship will unfold in it, and their fierce struggles.”

“Happiness” will premiere on November 5 at 10:40 p.m. KST.

source

• Like 3

Park Hyung Sik And Lee Joon Hyuk Are Polar Opposites Who Make A Dream Team In A Crisis In “Happiness”

Park-Hyung-Sik1.jpeg

tvN’s upcoming drama “Happiness” (literal title) has shared a sneak peek of Park Hyung Sik and Lee Joon Hyuk as bickering partners!

“Happiness” is an apocalyptic thriller that takes place in the near future, set in a high-rise apartment building stratified by social standing. The building is sealed off when a new infectious disease emerges in the city, and the drama will depict the residents’ fear, fierce psychological battles, and desperate struggle for survival within the closed-off building.

Han Hyo Joo will star in the drama as Yoon Sae Bom, a tactical agent in the Seoul Police Special Operations Unit, while Park Hyung Sik will star as Jung Yi Hyun, her former high school classmate who has feelings for her.

Although Jung Yi Hyun was once a promising young baseball star, he was forced to leave the sport behind due to an injury. He eventually wound up becoming a police detective in the violent crimes unit, where he met his reliable partner Kim Jung Kook (played by Lee Joon Hyuk). The two detectives are polar opposites: as a former athlete, Jung Yi Hyun isn’t afraid to get physical on the job and is even willing to get into fights if necessary. Kim Jung Kook, on the other hand, believes in stepping back to look at the big picture and waiting things out.

Lee-Joon-Hyuk.jpeg

As a veteran detective and senior colleague, Kim Jung Kook doesn’t hold back or sugarcoat things when scolding his younger partner. However, he also guides him as a sincere and experienced mentor when Jung Yi Hyun embarks on a new path after letting go of baseball.

Despite their vastly different personalities and approaches to investigations, the two cops also make the perfect pair of partners in a crisis. When chaos breaks out in the city due to the new infectious disease, Jung Yi Hyun and Kim Jung Kook are both trapped together in the apartment building, where they attempt to maintain order among the panicked residents and do everything they can for the common good.

Park-Hyung-Sik-Lee-Joon-Hyuk.jpeg

The producers of “Happiness” teased, “The bickering chemistry between Jung Yi Hyun and Kim Jung Kook, who have known each other for so long that there’s nothing they don’t know about one another, will add another element of fun to the drama.”

They continued, “Please tune in to find out whether they will be able to overcome the danger of this extreme, life-threatening chaos through their tight-knit, long-lasting partnership.”

“Happiness” will premiere on November 5 at 10:40 p.m. KST.

source

• Like 3

Watch: Han Hyo Joo, Park Hyung Sik, And Jo Woo Jin Find Themselves In Sudden Alarming Chaos In Drama Highlight Reel

Happiness” starring Han Hyo Joo and Park Hyung Sik has shared a suspenseful new highlight reel!

tvN’s “Happiness” is an upcoming apocalyptic urban thriller that takes place in the near future within an apartment that is stratified by social standing. The high-rise apartment becomes sealed off when a new infectious disease emerges, and the drama will depict the fear, psychological battles, and desperate struggles for survival that ensue.

Han Hyo Joo plays Yoon Sae Bom, a tactical agent in the Seoul Police Special Operations Unit, and Park Hyung Sik plays Jung Yi Hyun, a police detective in the violent crimes division. Jo Woo Jin stars as Han Tae Suk, the man in the Armed Forces Medical Command in charge of finding the cause of the national crisis.

The highlight clip starts with simple, blissful moments between Yoon Sae Bom and Jung Yi Hyun as they decorate her new home. Han Hyo Joo comments, “When I was younger, I wanted a space. A space that was wholly mine.”

Later, a mysterious incident occurs and as Jung Yi Hyun investigates the scene, he notes, “The murderer covered up the victim’s face, but they weren’t caught leaving.” Someone tells him, “I had a dream…” and Jung Yi Hyun interjects, “Was it a dream of murder?”

Yoon Sae Bom is on the job when her trainee loses control and she must take him down. Both Yoon Sae Bom and Jung Yi Hyun realize something serious is happening, and Jo Woo Jin takes over with a crew of armed soldiers. Yoon Sae Bom investigates a cut on her hand as she follows the soldiers and asks, “What kind of infectious disease?”

As they analyze her wound, she explains, “He tried to bite me, as if he had become an animal.” Han Tae Suk explains, “It looks like a type of mutant virus that affects the brain.” Jung Yi Hyun asks, “Aren’t they hallucinogen side effects?” Their interesting relationship leaves viewers wondering whether the trio are on the same side.

The disease begins to spread, and the apartment becomes cordoned off as Jung Yi Hyun tries to tell everyone, “You just have to endure it for a week.” However, Han Tae Suk insists, “No one knows how people will transform when they feel that they need to hurry.”

The infection brings about a new kind of horror, as the apartment residents start to turn on each other. At the beginning, they claim that they must unite, but once their lives are on the line, they begin to worry about apartment prices and start discriminating against certain floors. What was once their safe home has become the center of horror for a wide variety of reasons.

As Yoon Sae Bom watches over the chaos, she wonders, “Can these people go back?” She then focuses on her wound and worriedly asks, “Will I eventually bite others too?”

“Happiness” premieres on November 5 at 10:40 p.m. KST and will be available on Viki. Watch the highlight clip here!

source

• Like 2