Director: Kwon Suk Jang
Writer: Kim Ji-Soo, Park Cheol
Network: MBN
Episodes: 16
Release Date: May 1st, 2021
English Subtitles: Viki 
Official Website: MBN Official

Synopsis:

Ba Woo (Jung Il Woo) is a degenerate man. He gambles, steals, fights and will do bossam (customary remarriage procedure where a widow is kidnapped) for money. He hides his real identity. While performing a bossam, he mistakenly kidnaps Princess Soo Kyung (Kwon Yuri). She is the daughter of Prince Gwanghae and the daughter-in-law of his enemy Lee Yi Cheom. For a secret political agreement, she married the older brother of a man she loved, but, on the day of her wedding, her husband died. She then became a widow. (Credit)

Edited by bluepebbles
poster update
  • Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 1

Cast

43yKFJ3.jpg

Jung Il Woo as Ba Woo

tI832gs.jpg

Kwon Yu Ri as Princess Soo Kyung 

YFj3ScW.jpg

Shin Hyun Soo as Lee Dae Yeop 

Royal Palace
Kim Tae Woo as Prince Gwanghae
So Hee Jung as Royal Consort So Ui of the Papyeong Yoon clan
Yang Hyun Min as Kim Ja Jeom
Shin Dong Mi as Court Lady Jo
Song Seon Mi as Court Lady Kim Gae Shi (an aide to Gwanghae Gun)
Seo Beom-sik as Commander of the Royal Guards

Lee Dae Yeop's Family
Lee Jae Yong as Vice Premiere Lee Yi Cheom
Myung Se Bin as Haeindang Lee
Park Myung Shin as Madame Kim
Chu Yeon Gyu as Won Yeob

Ba Woo's Family
Lee Joon Hyuk as Chun Bae
Ko Dong Ha as Cha Dol
Kim Joo Young as Yeon Ok (Ba Woo's younger sister)

Others
Yoon Joo Man as Dae Chul, a soldier under Lee Yi Cheom's command
Yoo Soon Woong as Monk
Hong Jaw Min as Hyeon Su

(Credit)

• Like 4
11 minutes ago, Tofu said:

@gilaswan and @UnniSara -- I opened the thread for Bossam! I haven't had time to watch the first two episodes, but I'll probably try checking it out this weekend. :smile:

They're looking so good at the press con. Still unsure if I'm going to watch this, maybe you guys can convince me haha... And I think I'll wait for more episodes to be up, then decide later.

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

@Tofu @SilverMoonTea Episode 1 was just to die for. 
Jung II Woo voice abs Shin Hyun Soo have sexy voices. I especially appreciate Ba-Woo playing the flute. 
I hate it in Cdrama but in Kdrama, I appreciate and love them playing an instrument because it is insync with the actual music. 

Going to make GIF. I really loved episode 1

• Heart Eyes 4

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

5 hours ago, UnniSara said:

I hate it in Cdrama but in Kdrama, I appreciate and love them playing an instrument because it is insync with the actual music. 

Hahahahaha! This is so true for C-Dramas. :laugh:

• Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Episode 1

Bossom is wrapped" or "packaged"of food but for the drama is wrapping up widowed wives for another man. It is an interesting plot but it is also dangerous. I feel bad for Ba-Woo ( Jung II Woo). His partner is week and i just don'y like him. He seems like the type you can't rely on. Forcing his friend to do a dangerous job for money and now they made a big mistake. They kidnapped The Princess (공주님 ) thinking she is the widow that wanted to be remarried. 

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886b5a082754303e269a5

Soo Kyung is the Princess that has been kidnapped becasue she is still wearing mourning clothes and her life is just terrible. She has a horrid mother in Law that shows her no respect. Can you imagine being forced to marry the brother of the man you love. Living and seeing him all the time must have been hard for them both. She looks so misrable and is never treated with respect. Her BIL is also treated like crap from his brother and stepmpm ( I an guessing this) because she really hates Lee Dae Yeob. 

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

“Bossam: Steal The Fate” And “Undercover” Hit New All-Time Highs + “Mine” Achieves 6th Highest Premiere Of Any Weekend Drama In tvN History

May 9, 2021
by E. Cha

Omit only for Bossam

On May 8, Jung Il Woo and Girls’ Generation‘s Yuri‘s new historical drama “Bossam: Steal the Fate” achieved its highest viewership ratings yet for its third episode. According to Nielsen Korea, the latest broadcast of the drama scored an average nationwide rating of 4.6 percent, marking a new personal record for the series.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 3

@bluepebbles  Hi chingu where did you get that picture.  It looks so beautiful and yes sad but the photographer was awesome. It moves me . 

• Like 3

Filming Location  : House of Choi Champan in Hadong 

0b43089678214b8d1293687f13d3b5a2.jpg

This blogger posted that she was able to witness filming location of Bossam when she visited the place. The theme park is called Choi Champandaek or also known as House of Choi Champan, located in Hadong--a 4 hour travel thru train. 

I find the place exquisite because of the architecture of the houses, which is quite different with the earlier Joseon period. It is noted that the setting of the drama is near the first Japanese invasion era. 

Other dramas filmed here : Rookie Historian Goo Hae Ryung , Moonlight Drawn by Clouds, Moon Embracing the Sun.

Literally mean “Home of Choi Cham Pan” or “Home of Choi Second Minister”, Choi Champandaek is located in the plain field under the Mt. Seongje, which is the end of southern part of the ridge, which is the great ridgeline of the Mt. Jiri, Pyeongsa-ri, Agyang-myeon. The hillside village of Pyeongsa-ri in Agyang is well known as the setting for a great epic historical novel called “Toji” or “The Land”, written by Gyeongri Park, and received all the benefit from the Seomjin River. Every autumn, the “Toji Literature Festival” takes place here.

This is where Heo Yeon Woo lives during childhood. Choi Champandaek consists of 14 traditional Korean houses, reproducing the living culture in the later period of Joseon Dynasty.

Read more: https://dramahaven.com/the-moon-that-embraces-the-sun-filming-locations-as-tourist-attractions/#ixzz6uQFFAu5m

Spoiler

Choi Champan Daek-10 | Mapio.net

http://tong.visitkorea.or.kr/cms/resource/61/1991561_image2_1.jpgHome of Choi Cham Pan

• Insightful 2

Plop Cat GIFs | Tenor

Omo @Tofu! Thank you for this!!

And yes, the child actor is my favourite character now!

I watched ep 3 last night, waiting for ep 4 to be subbed. Wishing this was either on Netflix or Viu. :(

Wondering why the princess was made to marry a dead man. And the bro-in-law + JIW's character -- looking forward to how the tensions between them will unfold.

• Like 4

Who's finding Dae Yeop annoying? I find his interference makes things worse and he just shouldn't be allowed out of the house! He's arrogant and he doesn't know it! Anyways, now that he's found the princess, I'd love for him to just return home like he promised his aunt and just leave her alone with her new life, but of course that won't happen. It's a drama.

Am now waiting to see what political plot is going on between lousy dad and Prince Gwanghae (why do they call him "king" though?). Surely it can't just be about property taxes and trying to reinstate the glory of the royal family. Again, why was she made to marry a dead man? And now that lousy dad "killed" the DIL, king is no longer his in law, right? So no need for courtesy any longer, right? 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2

Jung Il Woo, Yuri, And Shin Hyun Soo Find Themselves In A Dangerous Situation In “Bossam: Steal The Fate”

MBN’s “Bossam: Steal the Fate” has released new stills ahead of its next episode!

The historical drama is about the fateful romance that occurs when a mysterious rogue named Ba Woo (Jung Il Woo) accidentally kidnaps Princess Soo Kyung (Girls’ Generation’s Yuri), the widowed daughter of King Gwanghae.

bossam.jpg

Spoilers
Previously on “Bossam: Steal the Fate,” the relationship between Ba Woo and Soo Kyung started to change. They still bickered and argued, but they started to genuinely care for one another. Soo Kyung decided to work at a tavern and do the chores to help out Ba Woo. He pretended not to care, but he was actually concerned about her. Towards the end of the episode, Soo Kyung stopped Dae Yeop (Shin Hyun Soo) from hurting Ba Woo, and it will be exciting to see what will happen to these three people in the future.

The new stills from the upcoming episode foreshadow a crisis. The guard of the northern faction leader Lee Yi Chum (Lee Jae Yong) has sent people after Ba Woo and Soo Kyung. Dae Yeop and Ba Woo both stand firmly against the chasers, and Soo Kyung’s eyes are sharp with determination as she aims an arrow at someone. Dae Yeop ends up getting hurt while protecting Soo Kyung, and viewers can look forward to what Ba Woo and Soo Kyung will do next.

MBN shared, “In episode 5 that airs on May 15, Ba Woo, Soo Kyung, and Dae Yeop will face a major crisis. Viewers will be able to see what choice they will make in order to protect what is precious to them. Please watch to see what happens to the fate of these three people

source

• Like 3

Plop Cat GIFs | Tenor

The idea of bossam is very interesting. I guess this really literally inspired by food which is pork wrapped / packaged in vegetables. Hence the widow is kidnapped and really bundled up in cloth. 

Their first meeting is interesting, so she saw him as loan shark but she's quite impressed with his abs. Calling @abs-oluteMlols. Second meeting, she saw him from far. This scene quite pretty. I love the wheat plantation background brownish colour.

verycoolyo1205-CJn-Ew-Nxhpa.jpg

Cr. Verycoolyoo1205

And finally their bossam fate spoken. The chemistry is really there. She's kind of afraid, but the way he look at her.... 

This drama is for a keep! 

Thanks @gilaswan@UnniSarafor recommending this. Hi @bluepebbleswave. And @TofuI will make you richer I guess hahaha....

@LaLa@ktcjdrama@Chocolate @oppasaranghaeyo Recommended.

• Like 3
  • Star Struck 1
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

27 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

And finally their bossam fate spoken. The chemistry is really there. She's kind of afraid, but the way he look at her.... 

glad you joining us @SilverMoonTea 

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1