Bossam: Steal the Fate 보쌈 - 운명을 훔치다 [2021]

4 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

The skinship we have was the blowing of the hands and hand-cupping-cheek to keep warm... sigh... A gentle peck on forehead should still be in line with SK’s dignified nature? Sigh, I am still not over the sans kiss aspect of this drama 😔 

You and me both! I can't believe I just watched a drama where the ML & FL doesn't have a kissing scene since it was advertised as historical romance drama . Then again I don't watch a lot of K-dramas. Bossam is my second historical K-drama that I've watched and so far I think I enjoy modern K-dramas more than the historical ones because Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo left me feeling unsatisfied as well after it ended, and wanting a 2nd season to fulfill what was missing in the 1st season, which is more focus on the romance of ML & FL. 

Don't get me wrong, I still love Bossam because this cast did an amazing job with each one of their characters. The director did such a wonderful job with the cinematography and helping the actors bring their characters and their collective stories to life.  I'm going to miss watching this cast every week...this was the first drama I've ever woke up at 5:30 am every week to watch the live stream of each episode.

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

'Bossam':  Jung Il-woo's thoughts on the ending "A work that was both a challenge and an adventure

Source

202107051142028229_d.jpg

As he celebrated the end of 'Bossam', he revealed his thoughts on the work, character, acting, and chemistry with Kwon Yuri (Soo-kyung).

Q&A related to the end of 'Bossam'

Q. I'm curious about how you feel about the end of 'Bossam'.
- For me, 'Bossam' was a challenge and an adventure. It was a work that gave me the opportunity to learn and feel a lot and grow both as an actor and as a person. I have no regrets because I did my best for over a year!

Q. You even succeeded in challenging a new character through 'Bossam'. What was the most important part of playing 'Bau'?
- I played a rough character for the first time in my 5th historical drama. In order to express in detail the way I live my daily life and the pain and conflict hidden behind it, I have been thinking a lot about changes from the outside to the inside. In particular, I tried to capture the charm of Bau, who looks strong on the outside, but when you get to know him, you will find tha he is delicate.

Q. What is the best scene in 'Bossam' that the main character 'Bau' picks?
- This is the scene where I met Lee Yi Cheom in episode 6. I think it was the scene that showed the character Bau at once, struggling with fear and anger as he recalled his childhood that he had struggled to forget.

Q. You received a lot of love with Kwon Yu-ri under the nickname 'Excellent couple'. How was working with Kwon Yu-ri on the set?
- Just as Bau and Soo-kyung became closer in the play, Yuri and I  were able to get 'steamed smoke' as the filming progressed and they became comfortable with each other. We thought about how to immerse ourselves in the characters together, and we became really close. Not only that, but the director is the first person who made the chemistry of 'Excellent Couple' stand out. The director's detailed direction was able to maximize the emotional line. Thanks to him, we had fun filming, and I think I will miss the set for a while.

Q. 'Bossam' broke the highest ratings in MBN drama history. What is that feeling?
- I thought that we should work hard on filming even if the ratings were empty, but I am just grateful that many people loved it. It's also rewarding because it seems that everyone's hard work  has been recognized. The result of my best efforts was well received, and it was able to become another valuable work for me. Thank you again.

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

I finally completed the finale episodes. I can’t believe Bossam is over!!

I agree with those of you here who felt there just weren’t enough couple and family interactions in the wrap up, though I reckon those scenes - if added - would just be fan service. The main story is actually the palace politics; the romance became a side story from how the events progressed. Just a “minor” complication in the scheme of things. I mean, could the story still have been told if there was no romance involved? It was essentially a story if LYC’s chessboard of the Kingdom of Joseon and everyone was just a pawn on his huge chessboard, extinguishable as far as he was concerned. That man was just absolutely evil, sacrificing his own sister and nephew for his own interests. 

The only thing is how did Bawu leave behind his status and political allegiances to be able to set up a new life with Sookyeong? Surely it couldn’t be so easy as to simply Bossam her again. Could the new king give pardon? 

And who wants to see Ilwoo and Yuri in a modern drama together??

Edited by gilaswan
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 2
6 hours ago, gilaswan said:

The only thing is how did Bawu leave behind his status and political allegiances to be able to set up a new life with Sookyeong? Surely it couldn’t be so easy as to simply Bossam her again. Could the new king give pardon? 

See this is one of the things that could use a little explanation. I don't mind the palace politics but at the later half, it became too heavily tilted that way. Still a great drama though. I only wish they didn't rush the wrap-up of the family aspects but allow just a few more minutes. We don't even get to see Cha Dol along as the new family. 

6 hours ago, gilaswan said:

And who wants to see Ilwoo and Yuri in a modern drama together??

Me!! but with special request: Ilwoo must keep his hair a little longer, like the one he has during the cooking show. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

57 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Miss them..my regret was that towards the end we had very little happy family scenes

You know I have not even watched last episode with subs.... I don’t feel like “finishing” the drama 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

🥬 Child actor Ko Dongha who played as ChaDol posted photo series with cast of Bossam (First Saturday after Bossam)

Translation:

Bossam after stealing fate
It's my first Saturday

It's a Donghae house full of empty hearts..
It seems like bossam will do it at 9:40 on mbn today too hehe

Posting photos with the actors
I'm going to send you some bossam now 😭😭😭
(Even if I die, I can’t let you go~🎵 How can I let you go~🎶)

pictures in sequence
1) Collection photo
2) The last day of filming with actor Jung Il-woo
3) Ong Joo's mother, actress Kwon Kwon, on the last day of filming
4) With Daeyeop hyung, actor Shin Hyeonsu (Daeyeop died, so there was no last day of filming.. 😭)
5) Last day of filming with my aunt, Dongmi Shin
6) Actor Lee Jun-hyeok, actor Choonbae-jae, aunt Yeon-ok Kim Joo-young, actor Shin Dong-mi
7) With Grandmother Jeong Kyung-soon
😎 Yuri noona, who was just passing by, took a picture for me (Memories of Geoje Island ㅋ Dongha's brother's birthday)
9) Chadol's family photo❤
10) Sign full of words of thanks

Director and actors...
And I received a lot of love from all the staff who were with me.
I was so happy the time I spent with Chadol in the drama Bossam~

See you all in a good place!!

Repost: @dongha_ko
Translation- JungIlWoo Philippines Facebook

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Star Struck 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Plop Cat GIFs | Tenor

3 hours ago, bluepebbles said:

Child actor Ko Dongha who played as ChaDol posted photo series with cast of Bossam (First Saturday after Bossam)

Awww this boy :love: he must’ve enjoyed the filming of Bossam so much. Such love shown to the other cast. I hope there will still be crumbs shown by some of the other cast. 

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

MTDzeiV.gif

🎊 MBN Drama Congratulates Bossam being the HIGHEST VIEW RATING ever!
The best MBN drama ever! 🎊 The nationwide viewership rating of 9.8%, the highest viewership rating of 11.2% is a record-breaking record🎊
🙇‍♀️ Thank you 🙇‍♂️
MBN <Bossam - Stealing Destiny>
Original Post:
MBN드라마 역대 최고!
🎊전국 시청률 9.8%, 최고 시청률 11.2% 돌파 대기록🎊
🙇‍♀️ 감 사 합 니 다 🙇‍♂️
MBN <보쌈-운명을 훔치다>

May be an image of 3 people and text

• Like 1
  • Party! 2

Plop Cat GIFs | Tenor

🥬 Jung Ilwoo shares his thanks tos and farewell message for the end of Bossam
In the meantime, “Bossam Stealing Destiny”
Thank you for watching. Many of the staff, including the director and writer, worked really hard. Working with good actors, I learned a lot, felt and was happy. I will come back with a good work! 😉
(Thanks to Junhyuk sunbaenim who took a wonderful photo! 💚) @junhyeok.lee.393
Original post:
그동안 “보쌈운명을훔치다”
시청해주셔서 감사합니다.
감독님과 작가님을 비롯한 많은 스탭분들 정말 고생많으셨습니다.
좋은 배우분들과 함께해서 많이 배우고 느끼고 행복했습니다.
저는 좋은 작품으로 다시 찾아뵙겠습니다 ! 😉
(멋진 사진 찍어주신 준혁 선배님 알라뷰 ! 💚)
@junhyeok.lee.393

May be a black-and-white image of 1 person, standing and outdoors

May be an image of 5 people, people sitting, people standing and body of water

Spoiler

May be a black-and-white image of 1 personMay be a black-and-white image of 2 people and people standingMay be a black-and-white image of 2 people and people standingMay be a black-and-white image of 1 person, standing and text that says '©Lee Junhyeok'May be a black-and-white image of 2 people, people standing and indoor211672541_4168654819892828_6663047684427May be a black-and-white image of 2 people, beard and people standing

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

Plop Cat GIFs | Tenor

JUNG IL WOO + YURI = THE REAL DEAL

screenshot_20210705-003209_youtube330661

…. and we have come to the end of Bossam. This might be the last time we see Jung Il Woo and Yuri in this drama… but hopefully not the last time we see them as an OTP. They must do another project together. Must. I’ll do up a proper review of the last two episodes later. For now, it’s all about Jung Il Woo and Yuri. Their understated but amazing chemistry. Yuri’s phenomenal sageuk debut, Jung Il Woo’s taking his sageuk prowess to the next level. Who knew Yuri could be grace in motion? Who knew Jung Il Woo could be so tender and stirring in love?

click here for more

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

MTDzeiV.gif

• 4 months later...