Bossam: Steal the Fate 보쌈 - 운명을 훔치다 [2021]

I am eating my lunch..and watching eps 8 ...I like two particular scenes.

- 1st one when Chun Bae asked Ba Woo - why he was going all out to save her when she was the daughter in law of his enemy. He brushed it off but Chun Bae knew immediately that BW's a goner :lol:

- And the scene of him breaking into the room where she was locked up in. And he asked her if she wanted to live - he was so desperate to hear a yes for that. The emotions between the two were so good here. I teared up . 

• Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Party! 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

Recaps of Episode 10 (putting in spoiler because it's gonna be long)

Part 1 

Spoiler

BW's mother and sister being led in the forest. Mother noticed BW is following them from afar. They reached the residence of Left Chancellor (LC) Lee. Coincidentally, DY came out of the main door and BW saw him meeting the private army. DY asked if the ladies are the mother and sister of Kim Dae Suk, to which he got an affirmative reply. Leader of army told the men to bring them inside. BW wanted to go forward but stopped in the middle. Not sure what to make out from DY's expression. I'm still holding hope that he is just all putting up an act for his family to see. That he is still on the good side.

The mother and daughter are confined in a locked room. Outside, LC Lee approached DY who's been standing there. He asked "Why? Are you not happy that some outsiders entered into your SIL's room?". DY said no, it's not that. He was thinking that BW had once "raided" this room, so he was only worried about this point. Lee told him not to worry, that BW would not have guessed that he is locking up his mother and sister in SK's room.

Inside, BW's sister is massaging Mother, asking how she is. Mother said it's fine, you rest too. Sister said how can I rest when my heart is so disturbed? Isn't this the house of the person who killed Father and Grandfather too? Mother reprimanded her to watch her mouth. Sister asked, so didn't you say that you saw Brother? Mother quickly put her hand over her mouth and warned, "I've told you before, don't ever mention your brother even at the point of death". Sister nodded her head vigorously.

BW went to see the hyung who got injured on the boat incident. He asked if he's seen the physicians. Hyung said he won't die anyway, and asked BW what else he wants to know since he came over to see him. You want to know till the bottom, right? It's going to be dangerous for you that way. BW said they're not going to leave me alone anyway. Hyung commented, looks like something happened. BW pleaded with Hyung to tell him everything he knows because it concerns people who are important for him. BW knew that he isn't happy about that but he is begging him to help.

By the sea, Cha Dol and other kids flying kites. CB watched from afar and said out loud that he wished he could also be flying kites without a care. At home, SK and Jo still writing and drawing. From outside, CB called out to Jo asking whether they're done. Jo fell asleep and CB wondered why no answer. Cut to the bookstore, owner received the drawings but complained that who would spend money to buy these kind of drawings. CB asked for more time. Hyung said he already did but CB is still bringing these kind of trash in. (LOL, reverse definition of trash). He exclaimed, how can the people still be wearing clothes. CB argued that why must take all the clothes off, can also use imagination to imagine what's underneath the clothes. Owner continued to berate him and warned that if he didn't bring a proper drawing, he's going to bring them to the police. Make the choice. Then he hit CB.

Back home, Jo helped CB to soothe his face. She said what to do, already an ugly face and now with bruises and swelling... LOL... SK apologised and then asked CB, why is BW no where to be seen these days. CB said he's been going around trying to find ways to make up for the big loss/debt. SK is worried that he's going to steal and CB assured them that if anything, BW is a man of his words. When he promised he won't steal anymore, that means he won't. SK said that being family is not just eating together, but working together to face difficulties. If BW sees SK and Jo as family, don't try to solve things himself, but think of the solutions together. She asked CB to help her pass these words to BW.

Evening came, BW took captive the person involved in the boat incident and asked him to spill everything he knows. He asked who are you? BW said he knows that this guy has the backing of LC Lee. The guy said he only took care of the boat and he doesn't know anything else. BW threatened to kill him since he doesn't know anything. The guy finally confessed that on the 15th, there'll be important people coming from the Ming. 

Lee briefed WY and the army leader that soon there will be a representative from the Ming by a surname Wei guy. He instructed them to pull this representative to their side to gain favour with Wei, to give the rep whatever he fancies, money or women. He also asked about the search for KDS, but Army Leader said they've searched everywhere but to no avail, maybe he's gone back to his hometown. Lee instructed to put up the wanted portrait at every court house. Since KDS even could bossam'ed the princess, it means he isn't just anybody, he could be detrimental to their plans in the future.

BW got home late at night and saw that SK's light still on. Inside, SK is still drawing, while Jo fell asleep again while sitting. Instead of drawing, SK suddenly got an idea and started writing words. In the morning, CB came out of his room and Jo asked about BW. CB replied he's still sleeping because he got in very late. They went inside the ladies room and looked at the drawings. CB said that he thinks they will get returned again. Sk told him that she's really tried her best. Jo quickly took out the writings and handed to CB. SK told him that instead, she wrote some interesting stories from inside the palace. CB saw the sea of words and said, well, only those who can read who can enjoy the book... he's still wondering why SK cannot draw people with less clothes on, and got a beating from Jo, spilling all the papers on the floor. Suddenly he got an idea to put the drawings and writings together. He sold the idea to Bookstore Owner, that the book can reach all kind of class and ages (minus the kids, he corrected) and even handed him handkerchief because he's gonna be tearing up after reading. True enough, but Owner pretended it's just okay. CB wanted to bring the book elsewhere then, but Owner stopped him. They talked about mass printing. CB assured Owner he will help sell the book. Cue sales pitch made by CB and Jo.

BW talking to Monk about his mother and sister. Monk asked him to lay low and let him find out more. But BW said he has to do something because they're trying to lure him out. He'd be careful and requested Monk to please monitor the condition of Mother and Sister for him. Monk reminded him to be careful and plan well. Cut to BW working at the port and noticing foreign people arriving. He also saw CB and Jo coming out together from the bookstore. Back home, CB and Jo discussing who sold more books. BW barged inside and with the book in his hand, scolded CB about it, how could he asked the ladies to do that? He dragged him out. SK quickly defended that it's her idea and she is doing so willingly. BW is mad and asked her to stop it then. SK complained that she should do something too instead of only depending on BW. They continued their arguments because SK insisted it's a choice she made. BW asked if she's going to write trashy novels for the rest of her life then? He cannot have that, then he tore the book. He said that no matter what happened, he will think of a way. She didn't have to worry. Jo scolded BW, that does he think it's an easy decision for SK? She's thought long and hard before deciding to do it. He should put down his ego and just say thank you. BW left in anger. SK also. Later, near the beach, BW saw SK standing alone.

At the bookstore, CB brought in some books, but Owner said why so few only, the demand is high. CB reminded him that he told him to prepare printer because writing and drawing by hang takes time. Owner said it's on the way, but it needs time. CB asked him to gather more people to help write, they'll still take care of the drawings. Back home, Jo and SK working hard, but it seems that they're not going to make it in time. From outside, BW called out for them to come out. SK went outside and there, a pile of books that BW had written with empty pages for the drawings. SK is very touched. BW peeked outside and flustered when SK said thank you.

At the marketplace, BW saw his wanted portrait was put up. He saw WY and Army Leader and followed them to the port. There he saw the arrival of someone important. Then it's the entertaining time, with women and silver presented. WY asked the representative to pass a letter to Wei guy. One girl from inside is spying for BW and she told him about the letter inside silver box. BW went home and looked up to the full moon above. SK came out and joined him. They sat side by side to watch the moon. In the early morning, breakfast time, and BW joined them to everyone's surprise. CB asked didn't you get home very late last night, why are you up so early? BW replied that It's been a while but he's had a very good sleep last night. (me grinning).... Later that day, BW stole the letter with the help of his Hyung to distract the people. He read the letter which basically Lee saying that he would be grateful for the help and promised to give big rewards. BW realised that for Lee, as long as he got the power, he won't care about the people of Joseon. 

Sorry I had to stop here. It's taking longer than I expected and I have to take care of some things first. Be back soon. 

• Thanks 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

eps 8

TBH , I was trying my best not to get annoyed with Dae Yeob. After all, his history with SK was very sad, and I am sympathetic to lovers who were forced to separate. But it was shown towards the end that she had offered to run away with him when she was supposed to marry his brother and he did not have the courage to do so. Was it fear of his father or perhaps she wasn't worth the sacrifice for him to give up his cushy life? I am not sure . But one thing is clear - SK is no longer in love with him and he will just have to accept that. 

The last bit was really good since we saw their  "confessions " and hug. You know this couple's push pull is like that:

SK : Please don't come save me...I can take care of myself

Annoyed BW : Fine , I won't come save you.

Cha Dol : Abojiiiiiiiiii.....

BW realises he didn't mean it ,  endangers himself and goes save her, every single time! 

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

Bossam Steal the Fate

Filming Location 

Episode 3 - Palgongsan Provincial Park - Gasanbawi Rock 

Literally breathtaking for both location and the scene itself, when Princess Sookyung made her final bow and jumped to the river as her wish to die. (The river by the way is CG) 

Other drama filmed here - River Where the Moon Rises 

Gasansanseong Fortress in Chilgok-gun, Gyeongsangbuk-do is located in the middle of Chilgok-gun, between Daegu Metropolitan City and Gumi. Gasansan Mountain (901m in elevation) is 10 kilometers west of Palgongsan Mountain. Because it boasts seven peaks, the mountain was called Chilbongsan Mountain. After enduring foreign invasions, including the Imjin War (1592-1598) and the Qing invasion of Joseon (1636), the Joseon rulers built a fortress over the course of 100 years to aid in Korea’s defense. It is Korea’s only three-layered fortress, consisting of inner, outer and central walls. The flat Gasanbawi Rock at the mountain’s peak, which is large enough to accommodate 100 people at a time, offers a great view of Daegu Metropolitan City.

Gasan Rock, Gyeongbuk 360 Panorama | 360Cities

Access

Spoiler

[Bus]
From Seoul Express Bus Terminal, take an express bus to Seo Daegu Express Bus Terminal.
From Seo Daegu Express Bus Terminal, go 230m straight towards Manpyeong Negeori and go 60m towards Gasan, and cross the street.
Take Bus Chilgok 3 and get off at Bangteokgol Bus Stop.
Walk for approx. 500m towards Palgongsan Information Center.
Hike up Palgongsan Mountain to arrive at Gasansanseong Fortress and Gasanbawi Rock.

source

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Plop Cat GIFs | Tenor

The house they're living in now, I think it's the same one as 100-Day Prince. Just that they always filmed it from different angles that it's not that obvious.

The second lead character setup is very typical of a drama. Nice guy who cannot give up no matter what, who cannot realise that ship is long gone sailing far far away...

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Bossam Steal The Fate 

Filming Location - Ba Woo 's Family's house

Seolmaejae Recreation Forest-
Filming location of “Gwansang”, famous mountain snow plum and ginkgo tree at Yongmunsa Temple - Yangpyeong-gun, Gyeonggi-do, Korea

Like I mentioned before, the production really did their assignment very well, showcasing different filming locations from all possible tourist attractions in Korea--including a film set which was not a usual spot for filming of sageuks. We only usually find locations form Dae Jang Geum and the one located in Hapcheon. But wow, I am trully impressed on how the production team maximized their filming, considering they filmed this drama for six months--during the cold seaons and with this pandemic. Bravo.

The inner house of the movie <Contemplation>

Reference on access here, I can only find few blogs about the place and how to get there. Only shows that this location is not usually used for period dramas. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

Plop Cat GIFs | Tenor

Recaps Epidose 10

Part 2 (end)

Spoiler

In the palace. King is suggesting to LC Lee some people to be promoted in ranks. He was find with the rest except for KJB because he is still under investigation. King kinda asked him to forget about the investigation since which official is without a taint. LC Lee still trying to protest but King warned him if he's not going to keep his end of the bargain? Cut to the big meeting with King announcing the promotion. Then for next agenda, the King is presented with the questionable book by KJB. King is super angry and asked if WY knows about this. He doesn't. King ordered for a seize of all the books because it depicted untrue and shameful stories in the palace, and to burn them. As the books being burned, WY also was burning with anger against KJB for shaming him in front of the King. Later, in Consort Kim's room, she was rejoicing about the small victory. KJB thanked her for letting him know about the existence of the book. She commented that almost everyone has read or know about the book. Must be a headache for WY. Cut to his mother reading the banned book. He came by and was upset with her. He snatched the book away while his mother told him not to tell his father. As WY being frustrated with the book outside, DY came by and asked about it. They carried the conversation inside. DY took a look at the book and realised the drawings are familiar. He made up an excuse to keep the book and went back to his room to compare drawings with what he had.

SK Jo and CB are drying up the drawings and writings outside. SK asked CB what's up with BW lately because he has been looking rather down. CB said he looks just fine and nothing is going on. SK apologised that she shouldn't have asked him.

BW brought the letter to Monk. Monk suggested to report this to the King, but BW is unsure about it because he is on wanted list and if they're not careful, his mother and sister could be in danger. He told Monk he has an plan though.

DY found an acquaintance of BW and demanded him to spill his whereabouts. The person claimed not knowing anything because when people are running away, they will never share the destination. DY then asked about the banned book, where is it from. Later, he updated WY but convinced him that he will take care of the book issue himself while WY can concentrate on catching KDS. He assured him he will do it well as long as he's allowed to bring some people with him. 

In the evening, BW sneaked into LC Lee's room with sword. He identified himself and Lee asked if he's here for revenge. BW said if that is so, he'll be dead by now. BW made a deal with him using the letter. Although BW pretended he doesn't care his mother and sister, Lee called him out that he would not be hasty about people's lives, as proven from the way he's handling the princess issue. LC Lee is supposed to bring Mother and Sister the day after tomorrow to some temple in exchange of the letter. If not, he will hand the letter to King. It feels so good seeing Lee scared. BW is gone and Lee asked his men to move Mother and Sister to another place.

BW and Monk meeting. He briefed Monk about his plan. Monk asked him to just stay there since it's very late at night already. BW said he has to go home to see Cha Dol because he doesn't know how things will develop the day after tomorrow. He told Monk that he will come by and stay there the next evening.

BW reached home, took a look towards SK's room, then went inside his room. Cha Dol snuggled up to him. Next morning, BW prepared to leave with the letter. Outside, SK Jo and CB are preparing some food. BW came out and SK asked him where he is going? He told her he's going to Han Yang and will probably spend the night there, don't wait up for him. SK asked what is it about? Can he not tell her? BW promised to tell her after he comes back. Just then, DY brought some men over, pointed to BW and declared, that is the man who did the drawings. BW was quickly seized. SK tried to defend BW, telling DY that she is the one who is responsible but DY just ignored her. Then comes the sad teary parting. 

At the prison, BW is pushed into a cell together with the bookstore owner. He was shocked to see BW, expecting his wife to be the one captured. BW grabbed him by the collar and warned him not to ever mention anything about his wife's involvement or he will send him to hell. Outside, SK and Jo arrived. DY was at the entrance so they went elsewhere to talk. DY asked her to return because whatever she said, it won't change his decision. SK asking the reason why he's doing this. DY answered that isn't it normal to catch a person who's done something wrong? SK said she already told him that the criminal is herself, not BW. DY said BW already acknowledged all the charges. SK said you already know everything, the moment you see that book, you know it is drawn by me. DY only replied, if you're here to see him, it's not possible, just go back. SK insisted that if he doesn't answer her question, she is not going back. That if he's the same person she knows, there must be a reason why he's doing all these. Then DY turned around to pose a question on her, did you leave me for this kind of life? SK replied, you probably will not understand this kind of life, but I am very happy now. This is my answer. So please answer my question now: why are you not arresting me but that person...? DY yelled, because, that's the way to keep you safe. That's the only reason why I keep on living. And that's my answer. He turned and left. On the street, he met Jo and instructed her to bring SK home and not let her go outside for the time being. It's dangerous to appear in front of other people. Jo said that she understood his instructions but it's not like SK will listen to her. DY said use whatever way to keep her from going out, even if it's by force. Only then the princess can continue to live... Jo said okay, then asked what will be done towards BW. DY didn't answer.

Back home, Cha Dol sitting by himself outside. Jo and SK came home and asked why he's outside. Cha Dol said no one is inside the house, and asked where they've been, where is his father. Jo lied that BW went to a city. Cha Dol figured out BW went to see his grandmother, why he didn't take him along, he misses his grandmother too. SK comforted him that wait for next time your father will bring you there. Later, Jo and SK waited anxiously inside. CB came and Jo asked if he managed to see BW. CB said no, he only heard that very soon, they will bring BW into the main prison. He wondered if there is no other way to save BW, because if he is brought to the main prison, it only means death for BW. Jo doubted that only for a drawing that BW will be executed. CB is about to spill the secret of BW's identity but stopped himself from doing so. SK took her coat and wanted to go out and get some air. She promised she won't go near the prison. Jo wanted to follow but SK prohibited her from coming along. Just for far. No SK said, she wants to go somewhere to cry her heart out, how could she do so if she knows Jo is watching from afar. 

BW is taken out of the prison, while SK reached the prison. She requested to see DY, identifying herself as a relative. Inside the building, DY and BW seated face to face. They basically talked about BW's identity, his intention, the mother and sister. All those secrets are heard by SK who was just outside the room. SK on the way home devastated and stopped at the beach to cry while remembering all the things BW told her before and pieced everything together, understanding why BW wanted to kill her at one point.

Evening time. SK on her way out. CB tried to dissuade her in fear that someone will recognise her. SK told him, that person already risked his life for me, should I still be worried for myself and go into hiding instead? If you're not willing, I will go by myself. CB had no choice but follow SK. Cut to Monk waiting anxiously for BW. Cut back to CB bribing the guard so SK can go inside the prison to see BW. Then it's the jail scene I shared earlier. 

Yay, I'm glad ep.9 subs came out already. Looks like this drama is picking up more interest. Hopefully it will then speed up the subbing process!

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Reading the recaps, the recent episode highlights the spreader of books that shows anti-King campaign. This could be in reference to the famous scholar during King Gwanghae during his reign--the famous poet Kwon Pil.

Kwon Pil's poems in Joseon Dynasty
Kwon Pil (權韠 1569-1612) was a poet who did not hesitate to criticize a strong man in the palace of King Gwanghae in Joseon Dynasty. Though he was educated by Great Poet and Statesman, Chung Cheol (鄭澈 1536-1593), he did not take any public job in the government. Poet Kwon Pil (his nickname was 石洲) was good at writing poems in Chinese. He loved to drink wine and talk with friends. (wiki)

More about him

Spoiler

LIFE

He did not see the past and was pleased with alcohol, but when he saw the injustices of the world, he could not stand it and made poems and satirize them. He became the Dongmong Instructor (童蒙敎官) on the recommendation of the people around him who were concerned about poverty and taught students, but he quit the Dongmong Instructor when he was asked to say hello to Yejo and went to Ganghwado to teach. In 1599 (33rd year of King Seonjo), when he saw that a Ganghwa-bu official showed generosity to a prisoner who had killed his father by taking a bribe, he corrected his mistake and left Ganghwa-do and went to Hyeonseokgang (present-day Mapo Seogang). went and lived

In 1601 (34th year of King Seonjo), when Lee Jeong-gwi became the ambassador of Go Cheon-jun, an envoy from the Ming Dynasty, Lee Jeong-gwi heard that Go Cheon-jun had a high reputation under the world with his sentence, and he wrote a poem about it. Fearing that he might not be able to handle this, he took Kwon-pil to the craftsman's house (製述官). At this time, when King Seonjo saw a poem by Kwon Pil, who had photographed it, he admired it and kept it on his desk.

Gungryu city satire case

Kwon Pil saw that Gwanghae-gun's politics were gradually becoming disorganized, and he rebelled against it. So, in the early days of Gwanghae-gun, Kwon Shin Yi-cheom (李爾瞻) eagerly wanted to ally with him, but he did not accept it. When he went to someone's house and saw Lee Yi-cheom coming, he was startled and jumped over the fence to avoid it. It is said that Lee Yi-cheom had a lot of resentment towards him from then on.

Meanwhile, Yoo Hee-bun (柳希奮), the brother of the Yu clan, the queen of Gwanghae-gun at that time, did a lot of self-indulgent behavior, claiming to be the king's brother-in-law. 1611 (King Gwanghae 3) Doors Exhibition (殿試) of the measures (對策) were imsukyoung (任叔英) attacked the indulgence of play in minutes per day, this is the will of the King Gwanghae geoseulryeo, was removed from a grazing pass (榜目)

. Hearing this, Kwon Pil, unable to bear his anger, wrote "Gungryu Poem" and satirically slandered the Yu clan in the palace. In 1612 (4th year of Gwanghae-gun's 4th year of military service), Gwanghae-gun read "Gungryu Poem" when <The Prisoner of Mugo (誣告)> took place. So, he questioned the person who made it, and when they brought Kwon-pil, he directly inflicted severe punishment and interrogated him. At that time, thanks to the active salvation of the high priest Lee Hang-bok (李恒福), Kwon Pil escaped the death penalty and was sent home to Gyeongwon (慶源). Kwon Pil was originally physically weak, but as he was severely punished, he was put on a stretcher and left the city gate. Then, outside Dongdaemun, he obtained alcohol from passers-by and drank it, and died the next day at the age of 44.

source

One of his poems

宮柳詩    대궐 안 버들    Willow in the Palace
宮柳青青花亂飛   

滿冠蓋媚城春輝

朝家共賀昇平樂

誰遺危言出布衣

대궐 안 버들[5]이 푸르니
   꽃잎 어지러이 흩날리고   
성 안 가득 벼슬아치들은
   봄빛에 아양 떠네
조정에선 태평성대라
   다들 칭송하는데
뉘신가, 위험한 말을
   시골선비로부터 나오게 하나.  

As a willow is getting greener,
 flowers are fluttering about in the wind.      
Public officials are busy
   to keep flattering such Spring mood.
Tho' everybody in the palace is
   talking "Everything is OK",
Who can hear the voice of
   dangerous concerns in the country?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Insightful 3

Plop Cat GIFs | Tenor

We're now at episode 10, halfway in the drama and hopefully the writer will not do any harm with our dear Cha Dol. Since episode 1 (or should I say since his early childhood), he witnessed different hardships from being a 'runaway slave son'.

No wonder he matured enough that he can scold his father bluntly. :lol: 

I thought he was not aware that his father is doing 'bossam' but he did. And worse, he witnessed his dad kidnapping a princess. 

And to survive, he became a look out when his dad stole at a yangban's house 

Spoiler

Hiding/escaping from the palace's guards

Spoiler

Separation Anxiety here and there

Spoiler

Freaked out big time when he thought his dad died from drowning, worst, her Ongju almost died from killing herself. 

Spoiler

So I hope the cast truly mean when they said that Cha Dol is the drama 's mascot. He definitely liven up the atmosphere. 

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Plop Cat GIFs | Tenor

I watched eps 10 and by far one of the best.

This is no doubt this is one of those clutch-your-heart romances that you want so bad to take-off but their circumstances is going to be such a hindrance. When she called out Ba Wu's name when he was caught, it was clear who resides in her heart. And when he turned back, the emotions in his eyes was that of longing , worry and affection.   Of course that ending jail scene was just superb ...not much said between them but the tears, hand-holding and touching each other's face felt better than a kiss. ( I do still expect a kiss later in the show though!) . Tears were streaming down my face towards the end - the buzz on Naver was warranted.

We're not just talking about tangible chemistry of the OTP here, which many will agree is pretty fantastic. It is also the way the writer has written the plot and tied in the scenes. For example SK's artistic talent was put to good use as she became a novelist for the 1st time. I loved how it went from drawing porn to coming up a  "flick-chick" type romance. Many hilarious moments here.  But of course the story was rather scandalous for its time, and because it was the talk of the town it got to the ears of the King , and became a forbidden book. This lead to Dae Yeob's investigation and as we saw the capture of Ba Wu. And more importantly, SK in wanting to check on BW's condition at the jail, sneaks in and overhears BW and DY's conversation and discovers who BW actually is. That for me was good storytelling.

Now, I am really annoyed at what DY is doing in the name of protecting SK. I know he is "following" and seemingly helping his father so that he can ensure that he is aware of his father's plan and ensure that the father does not catch SK. But to gain the father's trust, he captured BW's mum & sister to bait BW. :shocked:. And the preview - errrrrr he is telling SK to leave him right so that BW will live? 

19 hours ago, bluepebbles said:

So I hope the cast truly mean when they said that Cha Dol is the drama 's mascot. He definitely liven up the atmosphere. 

I love the bond between father & son. I just hope that Cha Dol is not separated for too long from his father. I miss him nagging his "old man".

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

The 3 peak ratings scenes for Bossam thus far

https://sports.donga.com/article/all/20210602/107240052/1

107240051.1.jpg

MBN's 10th anniversary special project 'Bossam - Stealing Destiny' (written by Kim Ji-soo, Park Cheol, Directed by Kwon Seok-jang, here in after 'Bossam') draws a steady upward ratings curve. The main characters of a love triangle, Bau (Jung Il-woo), Soo-kyung (Kwon Yu-ri), and Dae-yeop (Shin Hyun-soo), who are writing a painful love story in the whirlwind of a cruel fate, are completing their respective masterpieces. In response, the production team looked back at some of the famous scenes of 'Bossam' (which is now in the middle of its run)  using the highest viewership ratings per minute (Nielsen Korea, cable channels, national ratings).

● Jung Il-woo, The Lover's Beginning, the highest 6.1% in episode 3

According to the production team, he is Kim Dae-seok, the grandson of Kim Je-nam, Yeonheung Buwon-gun, but Bau, who has lived a low life while hiding his identity after his  family was destroyed. When he accidentally found out that in his  bossam  assignment that  Soo Kyung is the princess, he  tried to kill her, and tried to sell her off t, but he couldn't. In a later scene, after they left the city  ,  Bau insisted that they go their separate ways. However he realized that it was not possible. His son Cha-dol (Go Dong-ha) asked, “Does it really not matter if the princess dies?”  At that time, Soo-kyung who went her own way  had already thrown herself down the cliff. The scene, when he realized his feelings for Soo-kyung, recorded the highest viewership rating of 6.1% per minute in three episodes, signaling the beginning of their love story

● Shin Hyeon-soo's Awakening, Episode 8 , Highest 9%

Soo-kyung and Dae-yeop were each other's first love and betrothed before they were brother-in-law and sister-in-law. So, after Dae-yeop learns that Soo-kyung is alive, he has been looking for a way to protect her and pursue her. However, he heard the news that Soo-kyung committed suicide after being locked up in Kim Ja-jeom (Yang Hyun-min)'s house. He saw Soo Kyung's long robe and a rope hanging from the ceiling, and even received a suicide note written by Jo Sang-gung (Shin Dong-mi). Dae-yeop did not believe in Soo Kyung's suicide, but he had to make his father and older brother believe it. As a result, he did pretended to be depressed and drunk, and as soon as his eldest brother left, he went to find Soo-kyung saying, “I can’t live without her  anymore.” Due to Daeyeop's reversal, the highest viewership per minute recorded 9%. 

● Kwon Kwon's Tears, episode 10 , peak rating 8.6%

Bau was captured by Dae-yeop instead of Soo-kyung, who drew the forbidden book 'Oeungjeon'. Soo-kyung went to Gwan-a to meet Dae-yeop, when she overheard the conversation between the two men. She found out that Bau was the eldest son of the Kim Je-nam family in Yeonheung Buwon-gun, which was destroyed by Lee Yi-cheom (Lee Jae-yong), and that Lee Yi-cheom had put up pictures of Bau to all over  Joseon to capture him and held Bau’s mother and sister hostage. She even learned that he had endured everything for her, the enemy's daughter-in-law. Soo-kyung's painful cry, realizing how Bau was protecting her, rose to the highest viewership rating of 8.6% per minute.

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2
  • Party! 1