Bossam: Steal the Fate 보쌈 - 운명을 훔치다 [2021]

8 hours ago, Tofu said:

I'm glad Bossam is doing well! I haven't picked up a sageuk after River ended so I'm planning on starting this today. 

I fell in love with these 3 - JIW, Yuri and the little boy.

Can't wait to watch Ep 5 tonight with sub.

I am  curious on Ba-Woo & his family background and his son is cute and smart.

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2
1 hour ago, Chocolate said:

Wait. Are you recommending because the drama is good or because you like the OTP/romance? 😂

- Story is interesting.

- Dialogue witty & funny.

- They're forced to become family suddenly. But it's really like real family. A lot of squabble and pettiness lols. 

- No romance yet, they hate each other (?) Haha... He's a bit cold & hot. 

- The child actor really good. I think he will be famous soon. 

- Last attempt if all above fail to sell you 

Spoiler

Check the abs 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

21 minutes ago, Thong Thin said:

the child actor is a scene stealer, cute, smart and matured thinking.

Haha agree. Among the bunch, he always the most mature one. The father quite reckless, he tried to sell the princess off, left her alone to fend herself. Well but multiple times he always come back to her :eeeee:The princess also tried to commit suicide. Cha Dol was really sad because of it. I think they will forced to grow up for their love to Cha Dol. And not to mentioned Cha Dol also can cook & cleaning too haha... 

I think both king and Yi Cheom none of them are having a good intention? Actually Yi Cheom political view seems correct? He asked king not to build too many palace. But I think his final goal also more for high class people to keep their wealth. 

I really curious on Ba Woo's identity. From MBN character chart, he's a important figure from palace but has been living in a hide for long time. That's why he can recite the words to Da Yeob. 

I'm also surprised joseon drama can make me laugh so much. I think this could be the best performance of Jung Il Woo ever. ( I watched him on Cinderella, High End Crush, Flower Boy, but his character not as complex & as fun as Ba Woo). 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Haha agree. Among the bunch, he always the most mature one. The father quite reckless, he tried to sell the princess off, left her alone to fend herself. Well but multiple times he always come back to her The princess also tried to commit suicide. Cha Dol was really sad because of it. I think they will forced to grow up for their love to Cha Dol. And not to mentioned Cha Dol also can cook & cleaning too haha... 

I really curious on Ba Woo's identity. From MBN character chart, he's a important figure from palace but has been living in a hide for long time. That's why he can recite the words to Da Yeob. 

I'm also surprised joseon drama can make me laugh so much. I think this could be the best performance of Jung Il Woo ever. ( I watched him on Cinderella, High End Crush, Flower Boy, but his character not as complex & as fun as Ba Woo). 

CD is better cook then Yuri !

:laugh:

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Thong Thin said:

I fell in love with these 3 - JIW, Yuri and the little boy.

20210517-131349.jpg

Cr. Wiena

How not to love this ready made family? :heart:

@Thong ThinI like how she mentioned, now she just want to live as wife of middle class husband. He seems so flustered by that statement. And how soft baby he is, choosing the pair of shoes like for very long time and buy hair pin for her too ? :eeeee:

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

How not to love this ready made family? 

@Thong ThinI like how she mentioned, now she just want to live as wife of middle class husband. He seems so flustered by that statement. And how soft baby he is, choosing the pair of shoes like for very long time and buy hair pin for her too ? 

All her life she has live as a Princess and is not easy to fit into the live of a middle class. 

She adored CB so much so that she is willing to do things which she has never doned before, dish washing and cooking.

She tries her very best to be part of the family and I could see from BW eyes that he too slowly trying to get closer to her.

• Heart Eyes 1

MBN really strike a gold with this first sageuk drama for them that also hit the highest rating as well from their history. In my opinion, the storyline quite tight & fast paced. The adventure format done quite well and there is slight humour eventhough all the leads living a difficult life. 

The casts all perfectly fit into the place. The accidentally made family, the 3 of Ba Wu, Seo Kyeong & Cha Deol of course become the heart of this story. And I'm really expecting more progress for them. Now that his secret is revealed and he's set to leave the princess, I think it will go to route of "distance make the heart grow fonder" in next week episode. 

Regarding the history background, I just realized the Prince Gwanghae is the same character from Hwajung/ Splendid Politics that played by Cha Seung Won/Seo Kang Joon. And in that drama Yi Cheom also trying to coup d etat him. Gwanghae's achievement is indeed restoring the palaces into glory back. And he maintained peace with Manchu, to avoid war, which angered many. But actually his move was quite right as their military strength still behind Manchu. I think he's actually quite brilliant. But a lot of political unstability happened on his era. And in the end he was deposed. 

I think the way he is trying to sacrifice the princess could be for bigger picture. At this moment, Ba Woo have same enemy with king which is Yi Cheom. But we have yet to see if they will be ally in future? 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

This is fusion sageuk, despite having some real historical characters, right? Reading this thread is making me curious about this drama.

Fusion sageuk means mix with modern / fantasy? For this one I think it will stay on that timeline only, and no fantasy. And yes its indeed mix real historical character and fiction. 

About the bossam tradition itself, I can't find any article about it. Even Jung Il Woo himself said not too many materials available about it. 

I hope you will join us. I personally find this was a hidden gem and was surprised by how good the quality of the drama is. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

About the bossam tradition itself, I can't find any article about it. Even Jung Il Woo himself said not too many materials available about it.

I made @stroppyse explain it to me. Haha!!

I started episode one today. I was supposed to have started it on Sunday. Haha!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
2 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Fusion sageuk means mix with modern / fantasy? For this one I think it will stay on that timeline only, and no fantasy. And yes its indeed mix real historical character and fiction.

Fusion sageuk meaning that it's a historical drama but with modern elements to it that was not natural to the period being depicted, not that it necessarily has a time slip or anything like that. Though all time slip dramas are by default fusion sageuks, I guess.

Btw, I think it's interesting that the tradition uses the word that means bundling or wrapping. For instance,the food "bossam" is boiled pork slices that are eaten wrapped in lettuce leaves (or other leafy veggies) and kimchee. Makes you think of these women wrapped up in bundles after being kidnapped to be taken to their future husbands and unwrapped or unrolled.

Anyway, will write more after I actually watch an episode.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Haha I think @Chocolate& @abs-oluteMwill love to make a bet on this. 

Okay, I will put down my wager. :laugh:Just because it's the first sageuk you ever sell (right?) and you even made a shipping thread as well... If you finish this drama without a hitch, I will put on my DP any picture you want me to put, for a week. Mind you, I haven't put up any DP at all since the birth of JH. The honor could be yours :smug:

1 hour ago, Chocolate said:

In the meantime, I have just a question:

Perhaps it's something like those people who can walk on knives?... LOL...

• Haha 3

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Kidnapping // Dog Day // Lovers // Vote

2 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Okay, I will put down my wager. Just because it's the first sageuk you ever sell (right?) and you even made a shipping thread as well... If you finish this drama without a hitch, I will put on my DP any picture you want me to put, for a week. Mind you, I haven't put up any DP at all since the birth of JH. The honor could be yours 

Wow this really motivate me... hahahha.. and its 20 eps. But I have feeling I'll complete this. I will ask you to put Ilwoo x Yuri pics then. 

Yeah I'm not really sageuk fans actually. So I seldom selling them. 

Haha you can also order me the same if I unable to complete  :heart: Lols, you can torture me, I'm up to it :laugh:

• Haha 3