q8ZfeFZ.png

Director: Sarasawadee Wongsompetch
Scriptwriter: Pakboong
Episodes: 15

Broadcasting Network: Ch3
Airing Date: May 10th, 2021, Mondays and Tuesdays

Official WebsiteCh3 Official 

Synopsis

Praomook works at a nightclub to earn money and pay a debt. She doesn't get along with Chalunthorn because he misunderstood her, thinking she's a bad girl. One day, his parents ask Praomook to marry Chalunthorn to remove the bad luck from him. She accepts the proposal just to get back at him. He pretends to be gay to avoid her but she doesn't believe it. They will eventually start falling for each other, but there are obstructions to their love. Treenutch, Chalunthorn's ex wants revenge while trying to get Chalunthorn back. There's also Maithong, the rival of Praomook's family and Chalunthorn's fling. (Credit)

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Cast

Qa34U4K.jpg

Pon Nawasch Phupantachsee as Chalunthorn / "Lun"

XyWn3WR.jpg

Bua Nalinthip Sakulongumpai as Praomook / "Mook"

Spoiler

RpxsRv4.jpg

Krating Khunnarong Pratesrat as Marut

Spoiler

IvcWtzl.jpg

Mint Ranchrawee Uakoolwarawat as Nampetch / "Petch"

Spoiler

VNz9EMD.jpg

Build Jakapan Puttha as Oak

Spoiler

0QDet62.jpg

Sakul Kanyapak Pongsak as Treenutch / "Nuch"

Spoiler

633cQqu.jpg

Meen Nichakoon Khajornborirak as Poom (Marut's assistant)

Spoiler

aeof0Uu.jpg

Bow Benjawan Artner as Laknara (Lun's older sister)

Spoiler

EcEjZKs.jpg

Ta Warit Tipgomut as Natdanai / "Danai" (Lun's brother-in-law)

Spoiler

JpffUnY.jpg

Kris Thanakrit Saengvanich as Rawin / "Win" (Designer at Lun's father's company -- also Lun's sister childhood friend)

Spoiler

96yOSSx.jpg

Kik Mayurin Pongpudpunth and Job Niti Samutkojorn as Laknara's and Lun's Parents

Spoiler

TSEm34c.jpg

Mook's and Petch's Parents

Spoiler

0snhMET.jpg

Min Ratawan Aomtisong as Ting (Mook's and Petch's Nanny/Maid)

Spoiler

wTdwdAI.jpg

Nuch, Lun, and Mook as teenagers

• Heart Eyes 1

English Subtitles

Viu Malaysiahttps://www.viu.com/ott/my/en/all/playlist-praomook-playlist-26271359

Viu Indonesiahttps://www.viu.com/ott/id/en/all/playlist-praomook-playlist-26271361

NekoMeowMeow has this as a potential project, but it's unclear if she'll sub it. If she does, I'll add a link later.

AlwaysGrumpyCat is subbing this series! 

https://alwaysgrumpycat.com/praomook-2021/

Trailer

English Subshttps://youtu.be/KFDnwqqpnQo

Spoiler

OST

Spoiler

Spoiler

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

ha....so we have 3rd party issues here again lols....

basically its a slap and kiss i guess

I'm trying to overlook that minor detail. Haha!! I think Thai lakorns just love third party involvements. :idk:

It's a forced marriage, hate to love, and slap/kiss type of lakorn just from reading the synopsis. :laugh:

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Tofu said:

Yay!! We will watch when I'm able to find the episodes with English subs for us. :laugh:

Sure. 😍 Please let me know where we can watch this one with English subs. 😊 Thank you.

• Party! 1
On 5/9/2021 at 10:05 PM, Tofu said:

Ch3 released some photos on their social media:

Hide contents

They went to South Korea to film parts of the lakorn. 

Love these photos! 😍 So they really went to South Korea to film some parts. 😊

• Like 1

In this first episode, the lakorn spent much of its time setting up the storyline and drawing the connecting between Mook and Lun. 

CBcZNwf.jpg

Lun was born with bad luck and his parents were told that if he married a girl born at a certain time (I forgot the birth stuff), it would help turn his luck around. Mook was the person that he was to married and it seemed like the parents held a small wedding for both of them. Lun is extremely against the idea whereas Mook really loved him. Both of them went to the same high school and when Mook confessed her love to Lun, he coldly shut her down. Lun told Mook that if she was the last girl on earth, he would rather die than have anything to do with her. He did this in front of the entire school. 

Fast forward many years later, Mook and Lun did not stay in touch. Both of them are in South Korea and Mook is DJing at an event that Lun attended. Lun is captivated by Mook and even goes to find her after she's done. He tries to use a lame pick up line on her (Have we met before? Hahaha!) which doesn't work. Mook pushes him away and start screaming for help. This prompt Lun to run away with his fiend (who also was at the event). As both of them were running, they started getting chased by these people. The people wanted to kill them but were unsuccessful. 

Mook plans on staying in South Korea to continue her DJing career but she gets a call from her family that her dad is in the hospital. It turns out, the family is in a lot of debt. Her dad put the house up as collateral and since he has missed multiple payments, the family is not able to live there anymore. 

Mook does her best to try to find the funds to pay off her dad's debt including selling her things. She suggested to her sister that she needs to also sell off her figurines which caused a problem between them. Petch loves her figurine and to her, they are as precious as Mook's DJing equipment. 

With Lun, he returns home and quickly collapsed because when he was getting chased in South Korea, the people shot at him. The bullet missed him but did scratched the surface of his arm. He was taken to the hospital and while there, we see that Lun does not have the best relationship with his sister. It is suggested that the sister might have been the one to hire the people who were trying to kill him. 

My Thoughts: I don't like that Lun's dad has misogynistic views and talked about Lun's sister being a stranger now that she's married with a different last name. That's pretty insensitive especially since this is his own daughter. Lun's dad is probably the reason why Lun's sister dislike him so much. 

Lun definitely has your playboy vibe, which makes sense because based on the synopsis he is supposed to have multiple women around him. Sometimes I forget that Thai lakorns still highlight sexual harassments rather it be good or bad. He suggested both of them spend the night together when he just met her! Mook is full of sass and I love that she doesn't take any crap from Lun. She's a strong independent woman and doesn't seem like one to back down from a challenge. 

I thought Lun's parents were funny when it came to their superstition. Lun's mom carried the "wedding" photo of Lun and Mook in her wallet for good luck. When Lun was in the hospital with a fever, she put the picture underneath his pillow. The next day his fever went down and she attributed it to the photo. Haha! All this talk about superstition definitely reminds me of my mom. :laugh:

Again, much of the focus in episode one was just setting everything up. We'll probably get more movement in the following episodes and be introduced to the crazy girlfriends that Lun has too. :jiminbtssigh:

One more thing -- the lakorn kind of suggested that Lun's friend in South Korea (Marut) might like Mook, but Petch (Mook's sister) idolize him and he was relatively nice to her in one scene. I'm still on the fence about this because I dislike love triangles so I'm really hoping we do not get one with him. :taebtsbeg:

6 minutes ago, jen said:

Love these photos! 😍 So they really went to South Korea to film some parts. 😊

Yes they did! The first part of episode one was in South Korea. :smile:

• Like 1
19 hours ago, Tofu said:

In this first episode, the lakorn spent much of its time setting up the storyline and drawing the connecting between Mook and Lun. 

Lun was born with bad luck and his parents were told that if he married a girl born at a certain time (I forgot the birth stuff), it would help turn his luck around. Mook was the person that he was to married and it seemed like the parents held a small wedding for both of them. Lun is extremely against the idea whereas Mook really loved him. Both of them went to the same high school and when Mook confessed her love to Lun, he coldly shut her down. Lun told Mook that if she was the last girl on earth, he would rather die than have anything to do with her. He did this in front of the entire school. 

Fast forward many years later, Mook and Lun did not stay in touch. Both of them are in South Korea and Mook is DJing at an event that Lun attended. Lun is captivated by Mook and even goes to find her after she's done. He tries to use a lame pick up line on her (Have we met before? Hahaha!) which doesn't work. Mook pushes him away and start screaming for help. This prompt Lun to run away with his fiend (who also was at the event). As both of them were running, they started getting chased by these people. The people wanted to kill them but were unsuccessful. 

Mook plans on staying in South Korea to continue her DJing career but she gets a call from her family that her dad is in the hospital. It turns out, the family is in a lot of debt. Her dad put the house up as collateral and since he has missed multiple payments, the family is not able to live there anymore. 

Mook does her best to try to find the funds to pay off her dad's debt including selling her things. She suggested to her sister that she needs to also sell off her figurines which caused a problem between them. Petch loves her figurine and to her, they are as precious as Mook's DJing equipment. 

With Lun, he returns home and quickly collapsed because when he was getting chased in South Korea, the people shot at him. The bullet missed him but did scratched the surface of his arm. He was taken to the hospital and while there, we see that Lun does not have the best relationship with his sister. It is suggested that the sister might have been the one to hire the people who were trying to kill him. 

My Thoughts: I don't like that Lun's dad has misogynistic views and talked about Lun's sister being a stranger now that she's married with a different last name. That's pretty insensitive especially since this is his own daughter. Lun's dad is probably the reason why Lun's sister dislike him so much. 

Lun definitely has your playboy vibe, which makes sense because based on the synopsis he is supposed to have multiple women around him. Sometimes I forget that Thai lakorns still highlight sexual harassments rather it be good or bad. He suggested both of them spend the night together when he just met her! Mook is full of sass and I love that she doesn't take any crap from Lun. She's a strong independent woman and doesn't seem like one to back down from a challenge. 

I thought Lun's parents were funny when it came to their superstition. Lun's mom carried the "wedding" photo of Lun and Mook in her wallet for good luck. When Lun was in the hospital with a fever, she put the picture underneath his pillow. The next day his fever went down and she attributed it to the photo. Haha! All this talk about superstition definitely reminds me of my mom. :laugh:

Again, much of the focus in episode one was just setting everything up. We'll probably get more movement in the following episodes and be introduced to the crazy girlfriends that Lun has too. :jiminbtssigh:

One more thing -- the lakorn kind of suggested that Lun's friend in South Korea (Marut) might like Mook, but Petch (Mook's sister) idolize him and he was relatively nice to her in one scene. I'm still on the fence about this because I dislike love triangles so I'm really hoping we do not get one with him. :taebtsbeg:

Yes they did! The first part of episode one was in South Korea. :smile:

I finished watching the first episode too. I really agree with you about Lun's dad. What he said is way too hurtful for his daughter. I guess in reality, some dads are like him. They do underestimate women a lot. I also think that he's the reason why Lun's sister dislike him. It would really hurt my feelings if I was his daughter. 

He really has that vibe. 😂 Yes they do highlight much of that because most of the genres of lakorns is slap/kiss. I think that matter became a normal view for lakorns. I really love Mook's character. She's independent and a badass. 😂😍

😂 That superstition was really fun. I can't help but laugh at it. 

So far, episode 1 was a likeable episode. I think it will be more interesting as episodes goes by. I'm still looking forward to this one since I love their pair up. 😍 I bet I'll get stressed with Lun's girlfriends. 😂 

I think Marut would really like Mook based on the teaser before. I think there would be some conflicts with the siblings since Petch likes Marut but he likes her sister. Things could be complicated in the succeeding episodes. 😊 It's okay to feel that way. I'm not that much fond of love triangles too because of the "Second Lead Syndrome" but most of the dramas have it so it is inevitable. I would still watch the drama even if it has it since I really like it. I think Marut and Petch will be a couple or would each other's love interest but maybe it would happen in the episodes close to the ending. 😊

I was so happy to see that they've filmed in Korea. 😍

• Party! 1
7 hours ago, Tofu said:

I'll reply to your post after work today, @jen! I'm glad you were able to watch episode one too!

The music video for the OST came out a few days ago. =)

No worries. I'm okay with late replies and I totally understand you are a busy person too. 😊 

Yey! The OST came out. I'm going to listen to it. 😍

• Like 1

I can't believe she bit his ear in this scene. Hahaha!!

So far I really like that Mook doesn't give in to Lun's antics. It was nice to see the nang'ek be the one to challenge everything the pra'ek says. I don't think that happens often in Thai lakorns because the nang'ek is usually a bit submissive to the pra'ek. 

Lun's parents are hilarious as usual with their superstition. It reminds me of my mom. She once told me that she looked into it and I needed to marry a widow to live a happy life. Hahaha!! 

Marut is definitely interested in Mook just based on episode two. I think it's pretty much confirmed that he will start a one-sided love line with Mook. It seems like Petch will start a one-sided love line with him too. 

How did you like episode 2, @jen?

• Heart Eyes 1
10 hours ago, Tofu said:

I can't believe she bit his ear in this scene. Hahaha!!

So far I really like that Mook doesn't give in to Lun's antics. It was nice to see the nang'ek be the one to challenge everything the pra'ek says. I don't think that happens often in Thai lakorns because the nang'ek is usually a bit submissive to the pra'ek. 

Lun's parents are hilarious as usual with their superstition. It reminds me of my mom. She once told me that she looked into it and I needed to marry a widow to live a happy life. Hahaha!! 

Marut is definitely interested in Mook just based on episode two. I think it's pretty much confirmed that he will start a one-sided love line with Mook. It seems like Petch will start a one-sided love line with him too. 

How did you like episode 2, @jen?

I do agree with you that it is really rare in lakorns that the Nang'ek isn't submissive to the Pra'ek. I like Mook's character since she's strong and independent. 😍 

I find it hilarious too. 😂 I think most of our parents believe in superstitions. Wow, your mom is the same as Lun's mom. 😂 Did your mom go to a psychic too or fate reader to see what your fate will be? This is really something to laugh about. Thankfully my mom didn't do that so far. 😂 Gosh I'm holding my stomach right now because I laugh really hard. 

Yes he is really into her. I really think it would be one-sided based on episode 2. Petch would really be like that too. Can't just the two of them fall in love with each other since the very start? 😂 Just kidding. It wouldn't happen because they aren't the leads of the drama. I hope that if they would become a couple, it would be on the earlier episodes not after 1 or 2 episode before the ending. I don't want to see Marut feel unloved. I like Krating after watching Likit Haeng Jan (Moon's Destiny). 😍

I think it would be more interesting in the next coming episodes. 😍

I was also surprised when Mook bit Lun's ear @Tofu . 😂 

• Haha 1
On 5/12/2021 at 3:18 AM, jen said:

I guess in reality, some dads are like him. They do underestimate women a lot. I also think that he's the reason why Lun's sister dislike him. It would really hurt my feelings if I was his daughter. 

They do! I'm still in awe over the dad's comment about the daughter being a "stranger" to the family because she took on someone's last name. Does she stop being your daughter just because she's married now? I know my parents used to say to my sister and I, "When you get married, you become someone else's family" and perhaps, the dad was trying to imply that but that's not how it came out. I hope he understands later on that he's the reason for all the animosity between the siblings. Also, is it just me or do you think the sister looks much older than Lun -- almost look like she can be around his parent's age? :pandathink: There's nothing wrong with it, it's just throwing me off a bit. 

I know that Petch is having a tough time processing what's happening, but I think she's being a bit selfish too. I understand if she doesn't want to sell her possessions because she values them, but I thought it was extremely inconsiderate of her to not help her mom. The reason why the mom is working so hard is to make money to pay off the debt. Offering assistance to her mom is the least Petch could do at this time. :niu:

3 hours ago, jen said:

Wow, your mom is the same as Lun's mom. 😂 Did your mom go to a psychic too or fate reader to see what your fate will be?

My mom went to see a shaman. I don't think she went specifically to talk about my marriage (LOL!) but she asked and that's what they told her. :laugh:

3 hours ago, jen said:

I like Krating after watching Likit Haeng Jan (Moon's Destiny).

I don't think I've seen anything he's in. Truthfully, I've been away from Thai lakorns for a while and started getting back into it again this year. I'll check out that lakorn when my drama watch list is a bit less full. 

• Like 1

The second OST music video is out and so many cute moments!!

Small clip of Petch and Marut's personal assistant -- I wonder if he will develop feelings for Petch? :pandathink:

This is an old video, but Pon and Bua are so cute! They have a five years age difference, Bua is the older one, but you can barely tell! 

Spoiler

• Heart Eyes 1
10 hours ago, Tofu said:

They do! I'm still in awe over the dad's comment about the daughter being a "stranger" to the family because she took on someone's last name. Does she stop being your daughter just because she's married now? I know my parents used to say to my sister and I, "When you get married, you become someone else's family" and perhaps, the dad was trying to imply that but that's not how it came out. I hope he understands later on that he's the reason for all the animosity between the siblings. Also, is it just me or do you think the sister looks much older than Lun -- almost look like she can be around his parent's age? :pandathink: There's nothing wrong with it, it's just throwing me off a bit. 

I know that Petch is having a tough time processing what's happening, but I think she's being a bit selfish too. I understand if she doesn't want to sell her possessions because she values them, but I thought it was extremely inconsiderate of her to not help her mom. The reason why the mom is working so hard is to make money to pay off the debt. Offering assistance to her mom is the least Petch could do at this time. :niu:

My mom went to see a shaman. I don't think she went specifically to talk about my marriage (LOL!) but she asked and that's what they told her. :laugh:

I don't think I've seen anything he's in. Truthfully, I've been away from Thai lakorns for a while and started getting back into it again this year. I'll check out that lakorn when my drama watch list is a bit less full. 

Me too. I don't think that the change of a daughter's surname would stop her from being her parent's child. I can't help but be disappointed with what Lun's father has said. So far, my parents haven't told me that line. Hmmm... maybe he wants to imply something more appropriate but it came out offensively. What you said made me think of it. I hope my parents wouldn't take it that way. I do think that Lun's father will regret it in the end. She really looks older than him and mostly of the same age as his parents. The one in charge of casting the characters should've casted someone younger than her. I think there are a lot of actresses in Ch3 could pass as his older sibling. I thought I was the only one who noticed it.

I find her selfish on that part too. She should've helped her mom in baking those sweet treats as she was doing it for them. Yes I agree, I do understand her not selling those precious collections but she should help her mom and sister in her own simple way. I do notice that even if she's already a teenager, she still acts like a child. Yes, offering some assistance would at least help her mom and sister feel at ease. 

10 hours ago, Tofu said:

At least by now you know your fate. 😂 Just kidding. Maybe your mom just wants to know what your future would look like so she consulted a shaman. 😉

It's okay. 😊 Before he had smaller roles, now he's being offered some lead roles. His latest drama before Praomook was World of Himmapan which subber Thippy has subbed. I didn't watched it yet. I really liked him in the drama Likit Haeng Jan. It was subbed by a subbing team that I think isn't familiar with you. You can check it out at their group's facebook account. The subbing team's name was Fansub TH047. 😊 I haven't watched a lot of lakorns lately. I can watch 1 or 2 at the least. Yes you can check it out later on. No worries. 😊

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Tofu said:

Haha, they are searching up each other on social media. :laugh:

Lun's dancing skills. :eeeee:

😂 They are stalking each other because they are curious about what each other is doing. The drama is getting more interesting. 😍 

Lun's dancing is something to laugh about. 😂 Although I'm not a good dancer but I think I'm much better than him. 😂

5 hours ago, Tofu said:

The second OST music video is out and so many cute moments!!

Small clip of Petch and Marut's personal assistant -- I wonder if he will develop feelings for Petch? :pandathink:

This is an old video, but Pon and Bua are so cute! They have a five years age difference, Bua is the older one, but you can barely tell! 

Hide contents

Yey, another OST is out! I love the cute moments. 😍 

I think he would develop some feelings for Petch but I think it would be a one-sided love too.

At first I thought Pon and Bua are of the same age. Then I tried to look it up, didn't know Bua was the older one. She has that cute face that could hide her real age. 😍 I really like this pair. ❤️

• Like 1

I love both of the OST's. The first one was mellow and the second one was fun. I've enjoyed it both. 😍 The sweet scenes are so good. 💕 I want more. 😂 

I've just remembered the scene from episode 2 wherein Lun imagined Mook seducing him in bed. I was laughing hard for it. 😂

• Like 1