Ordinary Greatness 警察荣誉 [2022]

TFOtvot.jpg

Title: 警察荣誉 / Jing Cha Rong Yu
English title: Ordinary Greatness
Genre: Police, friendship
Episodes: 40

Director: Ding Hei, Bao Cheng Zhi (鲍成志), Fu Ce Xin
Screenwriter: Zhao Dong Ling, Tan Jia Yan (谭嘉言)
Broadcast network: iQiyi
Broadcast period: 28th May 2022

Cast

Zhang Ruo Yun as Li Da Wei
Bai Lu as Xia Jie
Wang Jing Chun as Wang Shou Yi
Ning Li as Chen Xin Cheng
Xu Kai Cheng as Yang Shu
Zhao Yang as Cao Jian Jun
Cao Lu as Zhao Ji Wei
Wang Tong Hui as Cheng Hao
Li Xiao Chuan as Zhang Zhi Jie
Qi Kui as Gao Chao
Qi Huan as Ye Fei
Li Cheng Ru
Xu Di
Guo Hong
Liu Guan Lin

Synopsis:

The play mainly tells the story of grassroots public security police fighting crime and protecting the safety of one party. The play describes four young policemen who have just joined the police force. At the beginning, they had various imaginations about the profession of the police. When faced with huge work pressures, sharp social conflicts, and new challenges brought by the media age to police station work they have experienced confusion and frustration, and they have also had the idea of being confused, doubting themselves and even giving up. However, under the influence of the glorious tradition of the people’s police, and the teachings of the old police, the young people have withstood the test and gained rapid growth. The police's mission and honor have also gained a new understanding and become a qualified people's police.

(Source: Douban, Dramawiki, MyDramalist)

Additional Links

Weibo l Douban l Baidu

• Like 3
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
1 hour ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Tried ep 1

It's kind of funny, but the opening was a bit slow and I'm a bit lost at the police boss phone call. 

Seems quite funny. 
Reminds of the kdrama - Live .  A slice of life for police officers 

Maybe I will try since it is on IQIYI

• Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

16 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Seems quite funny. 
Reminds of the kdrama - Live .  A slice of life for police officers 

Maybe I will try since it is on IQIYI

Yes I'm already at ep 3. At first I really have low expectation, since the trailer looks a bit disjointed, and tbh the setting looks well ordinary. But this is really funny and cracked me up. All the characters quite distinctive and unique. 

I think the main theme is for the old police generation and young to work together and learn from each other. And that police is a common people who have family waiting for them at the end of the day. 

Thanks to @NiteWalkerfor creating the thread. I was not even aware ZRY have this drama. 

P.s The song is pretty relaxing and nice to hear. The receptance in China also have been good. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 1

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

This show is a hoot! I'm having a blast. There are plenty of laughs to be had. A lot more fun than Ren Jialun's firefighting show. A nice ensemble of youngsters and veterans of different ages. I didn't realise that Xu Kaicheng was going to be in this as well.

Love Zhang Ruoyun's character Li Dawei. He and his mother are just... adorable.

Bai Lu, on the other hand, has been saddled with the overbearing mother from the pit of the underworld. That entire dynamic makes so little sense. I don't even know how the daughter got past the police academy.

Edited by 40somethingahjumma
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

This is such a wonderful show. I think it's probably my favourite C drama so far this year. I easily binge-watched 10 episodes in just one day. Those last few episodes Episodes 16-20 had me in tears and chuckling in turn. I adore the station chief, Wang Shouyi -- what a wise, cool and super likeable grumpy uncle. 

But some of the mothers featured here are just downright awful and are in dire need of a wake-up call. Everywhere you go the plague of materialism does leave a litter of destruction in its wake. Xia Jie's mother drives me up the wall with her gaslighting. The woman needs a hobby.

The four housemates have such an enviable relationship -- decent human beings who support each other through everything and try to keep each other out of trouble. Li Dawei is definitely a leader in the making even with all his rough edges. He has a lot of initiative.  And I adore their relationships with their mentors. It's a two-way learning relationship as the station chief intended things to be.

I do wonder however if cops in real life do this much problem solving and mediation. I honestly cannot believe that someone who locked himself out of his own apartment would call the cops for assistance rather than the locksmith to get him out of a jam. It makes for a good bit of humour but honestly some of the residents should take responsibility for their own actions.

@abs-oluteMmentioned that she might pick this up. Hope you do. It's terrific. 

Edited by 40somethingahjumma
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

I love how Da Wei and Xia Jie getting closer, it's so natural. Not necessarily in romantic terms, but as friend and someone to rely. It also cracked me that she complained, DW is becoming like another mother for her 😂Their arrangement for living together also so endearing. The house and their room looks so comfortable and nice. 

LDW's actor ZRY is really talented. I have seen him on Dr Qin, Novoland, Sparrow, and here in OG, all are a very diversified role and he gave life to each characters perfectly. 

I have reached ep 18 and enjoyed the journey with this drama. This year seems many good drama came from C- land. I love Master of My Own and this one also give me big surprise. 

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif