Tale of the Secret Royal Inspector and Jo Yi | 어사조이뎐 [2021]

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

2PM’s Taecyeon And Kim Hye Yoon Embark On A Secretive Mission In “Royal Secret Inspector Joy” Poster

Oct 13, 2021 by L. Kim

tvN’s upcoming drama “Royal Secret Inspector Joy” released a new poster!

“Royal Secret Inspector Joy” is a new historical comedy drama starring 2PM’s Taecyeon as Ra Yi Eon, a young gourmand who is appointed a royal secret inspector (a government official who travels undercover to local provinces to inspect them and uncover corruption) against his will. Kim Hye Yoon will star as Kim Jo Yi, a divorced woman searching for happiness who winds up joining forces with him to investigate and battle corruption.

In the newly released poster, the two characters are looking up at the sky with big smiles on their faces. They are holding each other as if they’re dancing, and they are surrounded by performing troops. Ra Yi Eon and Kim Jo Yi have their fingers to their lips, referring to the caption, “An investigation show that will shake the whole country.”

2pm-taecyeon-kim-hye-yoon.jpg

The drama’s producers hinted, “The synergy of Taecyeon and Kim Hye Yoon, who add refreshing laughter and abundant excitement, is beyond expectations. Please look forward to their transformation as they create a special relationship between the irreplaceable Ra Yi Eon and Kim Jo Yi.”

“Royal Secret Inspector Joy” premieres on November 8 at 10:30 p.m. KST and will be available with subtitles on Viki. Watch the latest teaser here!

Source

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Kim Hye Yoon Talks About Her New Historical Drama “Royal Secret Inspector Joy” With 2PM’s Taecyeon

Oct 14, 2021 by L. Kim

tvN’s upcoming drama “Royal Secret Inspector Joy” has shared a sneak peek of Kim Hye Yoon in her starring role!

“Royal Secret Inspector Joy” is a new historical comedy drama starring 2PM’s Taecyeon as Ra Yi Eon, a young gourmand who is appointed a royal secret inspector (a government official who travels undercover to local provinces to inspect them and uncover corruption) against his will. Kim Hye Yoon will star as Kim Jo Yi, a divorced woman searching for happiness who winds up joining forces with him to investigate and battle corruption.

On October 14, the drama released new stills to show Kim Hye Yoon’s flawless transformation into Kim Jo Yi. Kim Jo Yi struggles due to her marriage with an immature mama’s boy and eventually declares a divorce. What she wants is a “butterfly,” a piece cut off from her spouse’s jeogori (upper garment of Korean traditional clothes) that symbolizes divorce. Kim Jo Yi’s face is full of joy and hope as she gazes at the “butterfly,” hinting her desire to fly freely like one.

kim-hye-yoon-2.jpg

In one photo, Kim Jo Yi holds up her clenched fists with a determined expression. She is like a bulldozer who relentlessly heads straight for what she wants. She is spotted with her hair tied up, which signals that she’s a married woman, but once the divorce is complete, she lets her hair down and braided with a daenggi (traditional Korean ribbon) at the end. What kind of changes will she experience in her new future?

kim-hye-yoon-3.jpg

kim-hye-yoon-4.jpg

Kim Hye Yoon shared that she read the script in one go when she received it. She said, “It was interesting to see Kim Jo Yi’s confident personality that made her seem like a modern woman and the way she investigates with the royal secret inspector. I really wanted to play Kim Jo Yi.”

She continued, “When I think of Kim Jo Yi, the first word that comes to mind is ‘cheerful.’ Her confidence and energy is the coolest.”

Then the actor commented, “I hope that you will look at Joy’s confidence as pretty and unique. You will feel pleased when you see her punishing greedy officials in a stylish manner without being discouraged in any situation.”

“Royal Secret Inspector Joy” premieres on November 8 at 10:30 p.m. KST and will be available with subtitles on Viki. Check out a teaser here!

Source

• Like 4

2PM’s Taecyeon And Kim Hye Yoon Share Their Excitement For Their Upcoming Drama “Secret Royal Inspector Joy”

Oct 15, 2021 by L. Kim

2PM’s Taecyeon and Kim Hye Yoon have brilliant chemistry in their pictorial for 1st Look!

During the photo shoot, two actors showcased their adorable chemistry in cozy fall outfits. In the interview that followed, they talked about their upcoming tvN drama “Secret Royal Inspector Joy.”

“Secret Royal Inspector Joy” is a historical comedy drama starring Taecyeon as Ra Yi Eon, a young gourmand who is appointed a royal secret inspector (a government official who travels undercover to local provinces to inspect them and uncover corruption) against his will. Kim Hye Yoon will star as Kim Jo Yi, a divorced woman searching for happiness who winds up joining forces with him to investigate and battle corruption.

Spoiler

2pm-taecyeon.jpg

kim-hye-yoon1.jpg

Kim Hye Yoon shared she was drawn to her unique character Kim Jo Yi, saying, “I was drawn to the bright and confident side of Kim Jo Yi who doesn’t hesitate to find happiness. She doesn’t seem like a woman from the Joseon dynasty, and I will do my best to show her mature and strong charms.”

Spoiler

2pm-taecyeon-kim-hye-yoon-11.jpg

Taecyeon remarked, “I am satisfied that hanbok (traditional Korean clothing) suits me well. As this is my first historical drama, I am doing a lot of research so that I can express myself naturally, from the way I speak to the way I walk.”

2pm-taecyeon-kim-hye-yoon-2.jpg

“Secret Royal Inspector Joy” premieres on November 8 at 10:30 p.m. KST and will be available with subtitles on Viki. Check out a teaser here!

Source

On 10/15/2021 at 7:51 AM, mademoiselle said:

They look good together! And at least it's coloured 😤 unlike the other drama hmph

Which other drama lol?

Edited by Chocolate
  • Haha 3
3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

@Alice Wonderland My current main Oppa.

@abs-oluteM Not so good for me. Can't see the video. LOL. Will you watch this too?

I think so...since LJH has a cameo. Also after seeing the teasers , seems fun. I am watching so many angsty dramas that I need something that I can laugh along. 

If I see this through , I would have watched every sageuk airing this year. LOL

• Haha 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

2PM’s Taecyeon And Kim Hye Yoon’s Intriguing Relationship Is Full Of Ups And Downs In “Secret Royal Inspector & Joyi”

Oct 19, 2021 by L. Kim

tvN’s upcoming drama released new stills of 2PM’s Taecyeon and Kim Hye Yoon!

“Secret Royal Inspector Joy” is a new historical comedy drama starring Taecyeon as Ra Yi Eon, a young gourmand who is appointed a royal secret inspector (a government official who travels undercover to local provinces to inspect them and uncover corruption) against his will. Kim Hye Yoon will star as Kim Jo Yi, a divorced woman searching for happiness who winds up joining forces with him to investigate and battle corruption.

Although Ra Yi Eon possesses a brilliant mind that lands him a coveted government official position, he is completely uninterested in his job and would much prefer to spend his days eating and lazing around at home. Although the prestigious title of royal secret inspector is something that others would kill for, Ra Yi Eon falls into despair when his peaceful life is turned upside down by his unexpected appointment.

On October 19, the drama gave a peek of the unique chemistry between Ra Yi Eon and Kim Jo Yi. In the new stills, he has changed out of his usual silk clothing and is wearing plain attire to go undercover. His first encounter with Kim Jo Yi does not go well as they start off on the wrong foot. Ra Yi Eon is fuming with irritable eyes, while Kim Jo Yi gazes at him as if she’s wondering how much more pathetic can he be.

secret-royal-inspector-joy-1.jpg

kim-hye-yoon-21.jpg

Furthermore, another still captures the changing atmosphere of their relationship. Ra Yi Eon and Kim Jo Yi are riding on a horse together, and they are naturally closely sitting to each other. He seems different from his usual self, and his expression is full of seriousness. Her eyes are also shining brightly, and viewers are curious about where they’re heading off to together.

secret-royal-inspector-joy-3.jpg

The final photo heralds another change between the two characters. Ra Yi Eon and Kim Jo Yi are standing next to each other under the moonlight. The sight of Kim Jo Yi smiling brightly up at him presents viewers with heart-pounding excitement. They went from being enemies to partners in solving crime, and it seems like they might blossom into something more!

secret-royal-inspector-joy-4.jpg

Taecyeon and Kim Hye Yoon talked about what it’s like working together. He remarked, “Kim Hye Yoon is an actress with a good vibe who has impressive sparkling eyes and a cool personality. As the mood maker, she leads the set well, and I’m very grateful to her. As filming progresses, our chemistry gets better and better.”

Then she commented, “Taecyeon is a fun and bright actor. Even on a difficult filming site, I see him immerse himself in acting without getting tired, which gives me energy.”

“Secret Royal Inspector Joy” premieres on November 8 at 10:30 p.m. KST and will be available with subtitles on Viki. Check out a teaser for the drama here!

Source

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 3

1stlookofficial

The behind-the-scenes picture of the tvN "Secret Royal Inspector and Joyi" couple Ok Taecyeon x Kim Hye-yoon is revealed. From Supa's over-immersive dance time to the greatest tiki-taka of all time, it was full of laughter and excitement. We also prepared a pictorial to be released soon and a YouTube video 'Chemistry Test' to check the chemistry between the two, so please look forward to it!

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

2PM’s Taecyeon And Kim Hye Yoon Make The Perfect Team In New Posters For “Secret Royal Inspector Joy”

Oct 20, 2021 by L. Kim

tvN’s upcoming drama “Secret Royal Inspector Joy” unveiled character posters of its lead actors!

“Secret Royal Inspector Joy” is a historical comedy drama starring 2PM’s Taecyeon as Ra Yi Eon, a young gourmand who is appointed a royal secret inspector (a government official who travels undercover to local provinces to inspect them and uncover corruption) against his will. Kim Hye Yoon will star as Kim Jo Yi, a divorced woman searching for happiness who winds up joining forces with him to investigate and battle corruption.

Ra Yi Eon and Kim Jo Yi exude complete different vibes in their respective character posters. First off, the caption on Ra Yi Eon’s poster describes him as a clumsy man whose healthy figure is the only normal thing about him. As if exemplifying that, he is leaning against the window in a crooked posture, and he is pouting like he’s dissatisfied with the situation of suddenly becoming a royal secret inspector.

Although Ra Yi Eon seems like a lazy, useless man, he actually possesses a brilliant mind. His meeting with Kim Jo Yi will awaken his sense of justice that has been deeply asleep in his heart. Viewers are eager to see Taecyeon’s performance as he shows his ever-changing charms between intellectual charisma and comical silliness.

2pm-taecyeon1.jpg

In her character poster, Kim Hye Yoon flawlessly transforms into Kim Jo Yi, a “divorced woman from the Joseon era who charges to find her happiness.” She exudes an unusual spirit with her confident pose and cheerful smile, and she is ready to run out into the world as she dreams of a fresh start after her divorce.

Kim Ji Yo will join hands with Ra Yi Eon to fight against corrupted officials, and it will be exciting to see how the two characters will turn Joseon upside down with their hilarious teamwork.

kim-hye-yoon2.jpg

The drama’s producers teased, “Taecyeon and Kim Hye Yoon’s chemistry and humorous bickering are beyond expectations. You can look forward to the synergy of their acting that will make you laugh heartedly and give you excitement.”

“Secret Royal Inspector Joy” premieres on November 8 at 10:30 p.m. KST and will be available with subtitles on Viki.

Source

• Like 3

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Watch: 2PM’s Taecyeon Desperately Needs Kim Hye Yoon As A Partner In Hilarious Teasers For “Secret Royal Inspector Joy”

Oct 20, 2021 by E. Cha

tvN has shared new character teasers for its upcoming drama “Secret Royal Inspector Joy”!

“Secret Royal Inspector Joy” is a historical comedy drama starring 2PM’s Taecyeon as Ra Yi Eon, a young gourmand who is appointed a royal secret inspector (a government official who travels undercover to local provinces to inspect them and uncover corruption) against his will. Kim Hye Yoon will star as Kim Jo Yi, a divorced woman searching for happiness who winds up joining forces with him to investigate and battle corruption.

In the first of two teasers introducing the drama’s leads, Ra Yi Eon valiantly tells Kim Jo Yi that he will go on a quest alone in order to look out for her safety. “The road of a secret royal inspector is dangerous,” he warns, “so stay here.”

However, when they are ambushed from behind by a sword-wielding bandit, it’s Kim Jo Yi that notices and swiftly knocks him out cold. After seeing her take him down, Ra Yi Eon quickly changes his mind and says pleasantly, “Let’s go together.”

The second teaser, which features Ra Yi Eon attempting to solve a crime, highlights once again just how badly he needs Kim Jo Yi’s help. After examining the evidence, he coolly points at someone in the crowd while declaring, “This is the culprit!” When Kim Jo Yi whispers to him, “That’s the victim,” he pretends to be unfazed as he hastily adds, “The person behind him.”

Unfortunately for Ra Yi Eon, however, the person behind the victim turns out to be a kid. As his squad looks on in horror, the child yells indignantly, “It’s not me!” before running off in search of their mother.

“Secret Royal Inspector Joy” premieres on November 8 at 10:30 p.m. KST and will be available with subtitles on Viki.

Source

• Like 2

6xYoKCd.png

Taecyeon Ok ♥ Hye-yoon Kim from 'Assassination and Joy', 'real lover-like chemistry' couple pictorial released

Reporter Seo Sang-hyun | Approval 2021.10.21 10:06

QOCH8ot.jpg

v0huyed.jpg

zMpm243.jpg

sAtnMs4.jpg

Top Daily Reporter Seo Sang-hyun = A couple pictorial featuring Ok Taecyeon and Kim Hye-yoon's sweet atmosphere was released on the 21st.

Taecyeon Ok and Hye-yoon Kim, who will appear in the tvN Monday-Tuesday drama , which will be aired for the first time on November 8, showed a lovely couple through First Look Magazine No. 228, raising expectations for the drama.

In this pictorial, the two created a comfortable yet modern couple look from Club Monaco, showing off their perfect 'skinny lovers' chemistry as well as their visuals. Taecyeon Ok and Hye-yoon Kim, wearing coats and knitwear that stand out for their calm color and warmth, looked at each other affectionately, while holding a back hug and holding hands, etc.

Spoiler

NouFNjf.jpg

COYCx1G.jpg

6grfbA4.jpg

h4YN62o.jpg

Also, in the single cut, Ok Taecyeon showed off a colorful charm that crossed softness and chic with a winter outfit using an ivory and brown coat and a turtleneck, while Kim Hye-yoon wore a stylish ivory and gray coat with a corduroy skirt and roll-up denim pants, respectively. With a winter look, the unique sophisticated atmosphere was revealed.

In an interview with the magazine, Kim Hye-yoon said, "I was drawn to the bright and dignified side of 'Joy', who rushes in search of happiness. I will do my best to show the mature and confident charm of 'Joy', who is not like a woman from the Joseon Dynasty." He said, "After the intense villain of 'Vincenzo', Ok Taecyeon foretells a change in acting by choosing 'Ryan' "I'm satisfied because it looks like the hanbok suits me well," he said.

On the other hand, Club Monaco products worn by Taecyeon Ok and Hyeyoon Kim as a couple can be found at Club Monaco stores nationwide and the official online store 'The Handsome.com'. can be checked through
Source | Translated by Google

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 2

Kim Hye Yoon Heads Out Into The World With A Determined Heart In “Secret Royal Inspector & Joy”

Oct 25, 2021 by L. Kim

Kim Hye Yoon shines brightly as an independent woman in tvN’s “Secret Royal Inspector & Joy”!

The historical comedy drama stars 2PM’s Taecyeon as Ra Yi Eon, a young gourmand who is appointed a secret royal inspector (a government official who travels undercover to local provinces to inspect them and uncover corruption) against his will. Kim Hye Yoon will star as Kim Jo Yi, a divorced woman searching for happiness who winds up joining forces with him to investigate and battle corruption.

In the newly released stills, Kim Jo Yi is spotted heading out of the women’s quarters late into the night with only a simple knapsack. Her eyes are firm, and she is resolutely gripping onto the knapsack straps.

kim-hye-yoon-11.jpg

Another photo shows Kim Jo Yi’s close friendship with Bo Ri (Chae Won Bin). They exchange warm eye contact as they smile brightly at each other. Kim Jo Yi was able to get her divorce despite the villagers’ gossip because of Bo Ri’s strong support. Expectations are high to see how Bo Ri became the decisive key to Kim Jo Yi’s divorce.

kim-hye-yoon-chae-won-bin.jpg

The next still shows Kim Jo Yi experiencing an unusual incident as she becomes surrounded by mysterious figures. This is the first time she will meet Kwang Soon (Lee Sang Hee), and the two will unexpectedly overcome a crisis together. They will also team up to help Ra Yi Eon and become the “brains” of his investigation team.

lee-sang-hee-kim-hye-yoon.jpg

Despite the fact that Kim Jo Yi comes across numerous dangers, she knows how to reach out to others first. In the photo, she displays her warmth as she reaches out to help someone. It will be intriguing to see her adventures as she struggles to make a fresh start.

kim-hye-yoon-22.jpg

The drama’s production team shared, “Kim Hye Yoon’s bright energy is the biggest force that helped her portray Kim Jo Yi’s bold and lovely charm. She will captivate viewers with her refreshing charms that are like sparkling water. Please look forward to the Joseon ‘womance’ between Kim Jo Yi, Bo Ri, and Kwang Soon that will Kim Jo Yi’s life anew.”

“Secret Royal Inspector & Joy” premieres on November 8 at 10:30 p.m. KST and will be available with subtitles on Viki.

Source

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Watch: Kim Hye Yoon And 2PM’s Taecyeon Banter Playfully And Tease Each Other Nonstop On Set Of “Secret Royal Inspector & Joy”

Oct 27, 2021 by S. Nam

tvN shared behind-the-scenes moments of 2PM’s Taecyeon and Kim Hye Yoon filming teasers and posters for “Secret Royal Inspector & Joy”!

The historical comedy drama stars 2PM’s Taecyeon as Ra Yi Eon, a young gourmand who is appointed a secret royal inspector (a government official who travels undercover to local provinces to inspect them and uncover corruption) against his will. Kim Hye Yoon will star as Kim Jo Yi, a divorced woman searching for happiness who winds up joining forces with him to investigate and battle corruption.

The new making-of video begins with Taecyeon making lazy poses for the drama’s poster. He explains, “It’s definitely not because I don’t want to film. It’s the concept.” After a while, Taecyeon mentions, “I think we got [a good shot] by now. Right? Let’s end it.” The actor expresses his hopes that Kim Hye Yoon gets more time to film her poster instead. During Kim Hye Yoon’s poster shoot, the staff cheer as she livens up the set by experimenting with wild poses.

For the joint poster filming where the two actors have to bend at the waist to look up at the camera, Taecyeon shares, “I’ll work hard with my waist and core muscle.” Kim Hye Yoon adds in sageuk (historical drama) tone, “My core can also contribute!” Taecyeon plays along and asks, “Is your core okay?” and Kim Hye Yoon replies that she went to the gym yesterday.

Kim Hye Yoon stands on a block to raise her height, and Taecyeon asks the photographer to just take many random shots. When Kim Hye Yoon complains, Taecyeon clarifies that he means to select the best shot afterwards. Kim Hye Yoon laughs as her eyes meet at the same level as Taecyeon’s. He shares, “This is very shocking right now. I’m very hurt.” The actress comforts him while Taecyeon pretends to feel wounded.

Taecyeon interviews Kim Hye Yoon and asks how the poster shoot went, but Kim Hye Yoon keeps stumbling on her words as she tries to compliment Taecyeon. Taecyeon playfully pushes her and asks, “Why can’t you speak?” Kim Hye Yoon yells, “I’m sorry, but I can’t lie!” Taecyeon gives an example of how Kim Hye Yoon should have answered, saying, “The sun was really hard to look at, but I couldn’t look at Hye Yoon who was shining even more, so I looked up.”

In the group photo shoot with Min Jin Woong, Chae Won Bin, Park Gang Sub, and Lee Sang Hee, Kim Hye Yoon makes a suggestion for a pose. However, looking at Taecyeon’s unimpressed face, she gives up quickly, but Taecyeon laughs and replies, “No, do it. It’s so good. Please do it.”

During the teaser filming, Taecyeon playfully rushes Kim Hye Yoon for being late. Taecyeon also pulls Kim Hye Yoon to the side and warns her that a tourist bus will pass by. When the tourists pass by on the bus, Taecyeon greets and waves at them cheerfully, and the tourists wave back. Min Jin Woong, Park Gang Sub, and Taecyeon start teasing Kim Hye Yoon she pretends to wave at an imaginary tourist bus. The three actors agree to play along with Kim Hye Yoon and wave to the tourists together next time, but when she starts dancing to her greeting, they refuse to wave with her and remain silent. Despite the teasing, Taecyeon sweetly helps Kim Hye Yoon cross the river for their filming.

Taecyeon reveals, “Our drama’s charming point is actress Kim Hye Yoon. The second charming point is Jo Yi, and the third is Kim Jo Yi.” Kim Hye Yoon starts to reply that she thinks the charming point of the drama is the chemistry between the actors, but she quickly fixes it by replying, “It’s Yi Eon, Ra Yi Eon, and Taecyeon.” After continuous teasing from the cast, Kim Hye Yoon secretly sends an S.O.S signal with her hands. Despite the late-night filming, the cast remains cheerful with their nonstop banter.

Watch the full making-of video below!

Spoiler

“Secret Royal Inspector & Joy” premieres on November 8 at 10:30 p.m. KST and will be available with subtitles on Viki.

Source

• Like 3