Jump to content

The Red Sleeve Cuff 옷소매 붉은 끝동 [Current]


Recommended Posts

THE RED SLEEVE CUFF

RJEggf.jpg

Broadcast station: MBC

Schedule: November 5 - December 25, 2021 / Friday-Saturday / 21:20 (KST)

About the Show:  Set in the 18th century, "The Red Sleeve Cuff" depicts a love story between King Jeongjo and royal concubine Uibin Sung. Sung Deok-Im is a court lady. She gets involved with Crown Prince Lee San and he falls in love with her. The crown prince eventually becomes King Jeongjo. He now desires Sung Deok-Im to become his concubine, but she refuses. Sung Deok-Im wants to live her life freely, something that will not be possible as a concubine. She also knows that life of a royal concubine does not generally bring about happiness. Yet, Sung Deok-Im becomes the concubine of King Jeongjo. (synopsis from AsianWiki)

Genre: Historical, Drama

 

  • Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2
  • Party! 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Affection // Reflection // Happiness // Red Cuff // Jirisan // Inspector Goo // Gentleman&Lady // Kon In Todoke

Link to comment
Posted (edited)

BASIC INFORMATION

Production: -

Episodes: 16

Director: Jung Ji-In
Screenwriters: Jung Hae-Ri

Official Website: -

 

the-red-sleeve-character-relationship-ch

CAST OF CHARACTERS

Main Cast

Lee Jun-Ho >> Lee San / King Jeongjo

Lee Se-Young >> Sung Deok-Im

 

Supporting Cast

Jang Hee-Jin >> Queen Jeongsung

Oh Dae Hwan >> Kang Tae-Ho

Seo Hyo Rim >> Hwa Wan Ongju

 

OFFICIAL TRAILER 

 

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Affection // Reflection // Happiness // Red Cuff // Jirisan // Inspector Goo // Gentleman&Lady // Kon In Todoke

Link to comment
  • 3 months later...
2 hours ago, czakhareina said:

They look so adorable together!!!!

Gosh they do!. Looking forward to this one. Welcome to Jang Haven & to the thread. :wow:

 

Any idea if anyone has subbed any of the film making etc?

  • Like 5

Mon-Tues : The King's Affection , Inspector Joy   Wed-Thurs: Reflection of You, Melancholia  Fri-Sat: Happiness, The Red Sleeve Cuff   Sun: Let Me Be Your Knight  

Link to comment
15 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Gosh they do!. Looking forward to this one. Welcome to Jang Haven & to the thread. :wow:

 

Any idea if anyone has subbed any of the film making etc?

Thank you for the warm welcome ^__^

Sadly I have not seen yet any of their clips with English subs.

I think the subs would most likely come from hottest.

but with 2pm just celebrating their anniversary, plus their japan comeback,

it would probably be take a bit of time to get some subs... 

i did see some of the articles and character descriptions being translated in twitter... 

 

 

 

Video Clips released by MBC about the script reading as well as some behind the scenes parts

 

This part is probably my fave cause they have this adorable interaction:

 

 

 

 

Vide

Edited by czakhareina
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
19 hours ago, czakhareina said:

They look so adorable together!!!!

Thank you for sharing!! Can't wait for the drama to start...

It seems like Junho lost some weight? Or is it the longer hair he has that made him look thinner? 

 

And welcome to JangHaven and to this thread :CharmanderYay:

  • Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Party! 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Affection // Reflection // Happiness // Red Cuff // Jirisan // Inspector Goo // Gentleman&Lady // Kon In Todoke

Link to comment
1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

Thank you for sharing!! Can't wait for the drama to start...

It seems like Junho lost some weight? Or is it the longer hair he has that made him look thinner? 

 

And welcome to JangHaven and to this thread :CharmanderYay:

He gained a lot of weight during his military enlistment, and thus he went on diet and exercise to lose that weight and then some. He lost about 16 kilos and until now his self management has been pretty strict...

 

and thank you thank you for the welcome!!! ^_^

 

 

 

Behind the scenes with Ha Seokjin who will make a special cameo as Lee San's father Crown Prince Sado 

 

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Party! 2
Link to comment
21 hours ago, czakhareina said:

He gained a lot of weight during his military enlistment, and thus he went on diet and exercise to lose that weight and then some. He lost about 16 kilos and until now his self management has been pretty strict...

I remembered him talking about this in I Live Alone, hahaha!

 

Thanks for all the clips! Super excited to see Junho, definitely my favorite actor from 2PM. :heart:

 

And welcome @czakhareina!! :cool:

 

  • Heart Eyes 4
Link to comment
3 hours ago, Tofu said:

I remembered him talking about this in I Live Alone, hahaha!

 

Thanks for all the clips! Super excited to see Junho, definitely my favorite actor from 2PM. :heart:

 

And welcome @czakhareina!! :cool:

 

Yes he did mention it in ILA. hahahaha

 He is my fave 2pm member, he is such a brat...!!!

 

thank you for the welcome...^_^

 

behind the scenes pics and short clip at the filming site from aug 16- aug 20

 

 

Edited by czakhareina
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
Link to comment
9 hours ago, Tofu said:

If this is airing in November, they will probably wrap up filming by then? 

 

@czakhareina When I first found out about 2PM, he was my second favorite member but over the course of many years, that changed. He's definitely my favorite now. I will only watch 2PM contents if he's there. Hahaha!! Just look:

 

they officially announced this will start airing on November 5. and it is gonna be a fri-sat schedule.

source from MBC twitter official:

 

He has been quite busy with 2pm schedule (Korean comeback, their 13th anniv and now Japanese comeback ), that I remember in one of his vlive he mentioned that most of the cast has been filming extensively while he has been filming a bit of his scenes on and off to fit his schedule. It would most he would go full filming for the drama by October. 

 

watching 2pm shows are my stress reliever. and I love the contents they (2pm) are releasing now, I feel their brotherhood so much. they have missed and loved promoting as a whole with the hiatus from military service.  thus I tend to watch as much as I can whatever show they as a whole are in or shows other members are in, but I do pick special attention to when he is on shows, he is just a fascinating man to watch. He really is such a hard worker and he really is like wine, he so fine as he ages...

 

In ILA he was practicing for right hand chopsticks (he is left hander) for King Jeongjo role, thus here he is getting better at it with hard work and practice:

 

 

 

Edited by czakhareina
  • Heart Eyes 3
  • Clapping Hands 1
Link to comment

Do you all know how historically accurate this is? I had a good read of the synopsis and wonder if there's going to be a sad ending. 

 

Kang Hoon's stills - so from what I understand he is going to be the king maker. Will he also like Lee Se Young' s character.

If you read the description - I wonder if he is truly supportive of the King or will manipulate him.

Source

 

Kang Hoon took on the role of 'Hong Deok-ro', the most handsome man in Joseon, and a secret writer who hides his cool inner side in a soft and warm appearance. He is a person who does everything he can to raise Crown Prince Lee San (Lee Jun-ho) to the throne. Wanting to monopolize Lee San's favor, he will be wary of the court lady Seongdeok (Lee Se-young), who has begun to gain Lee San's trust, and will deliberately approach her to form a subtle relationship.

 

 Kang Hoon's stills are revealed for the first time.  Kang Hoon is said to be the most handsome man in Joseon who is popular with court ladies.  He has  a warm smile like the spring sun that seems to disarm everyone's hearts. However, a subtle chill flows behind the smile, stimulating curiosity about the "Hong Deok-ro character." As a result, expectations are high for Kang Hoon's performance, which will give off a strong presence by going back and forth between an ambitious loyalist and a man who captivates women's hearts with a smile.

In response, the production crew said ,  "Kang Hoon is perfectly digesting the character of 'Hong Deok-ro'. From bromance with Lee Jun-ho to the warm masculine beauty that is revealed in front of court ladies including Lee Se-young, you will be able to experience Kang Hoon's colorful charms. In particular, the complex and subtle tension between Lee Jun-ho, Lee Se-young, and Kang Hoon will be one of the interesting viewing points to enjoy 'Red Sleeves'."

Red end of the sleeves (Photo=MBC)

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Insightful 2

Mon-Tues : The King's Affection , Inspector Joy   Wed-Thurs: Reflection of You, Melancholia  Fri-Sat: Happiness, The Red Sleeve Cuff   Sun: Let Me Be Your Knight  

Link to comment
4 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Do you all know how historically accurate this is? I had a good read of the synopsis and wonder if there's going to be a sad ending. 

 

Kang Hoon's stills - so from what I understand he is going to be the king maker. Will he also like Lee Se Young' s character.

If you read the description - I wonder if he is truly supportive of the King or will manipulate him.

Source

 

Kang Hoon took on the role of 'Hong Deok-ro', the most handsome man in Joseon, and a secret writer who hides his cool inner side in a soft and warm appearance. He is a person who does everything he can to raise Crown Prince Lee San (Lee Jun-ho) to the throne. Wanting to monopolize Lee San's favor, he will be wary of the court lady Seongdeok (Lee Se-young), who has begun to gain Lee San's trust, and will deliberately approach her to form a subtle relationship.

 

 Kang Hoon's stills are revealed for the first time.  Kang Hoon is said to be the most handsome man in Joseon who is popular with court ladies.  He has  a warm smile like the spring sun that seems to disarm everyone's hearts. However, a subtle chill flows behind the smile, stimulating curiosity about the "Hong Deok-ro character." As a result, expectations are high for Kang Hoon's performance, which will give off a strong presence by going back and forth between an ambitious loyalist and a man who captivates women's hearts with a smile.

In response, the production crew said ,  "Kang Hoon is perfectly digesting the character of 'Hong Deok-ro'. From bromance with Lee Jun-ho to the warm masculine beauty that is revealed in front of court ladies including Lee Se-young, you will be able to experience Kang Hoon's colorful charms. In particular, the complex and subtle tension between Lee Jun-ho, Lee Se-young, and Kang Hoon will be one of the interesting viewing points to enjoy 'Red Sleeves'."

 

 

 

More than being from a history, this drama will be based more from a korean novel of the same title. Thus it is an interpretation of writer Kang MiKang of what Sung Uinbin and Lee San/King Jeongjo romance was, based on her careful research.

 

 HERE is the link for the novel, sadly I have not seen any translated version of said novel

 

As for for Kang Hoon's role, based on history, there was no Hong Deokro, but there was a Hong Gukyeong. the characters are quite the same but the names was changed, So I don't t know what it is for. But there is no information of him having any contact with LSY's character. And even in the drama Yisan (same character), there was no romantic entanglement between the two, but there could be in this drama

So like most drama, it is based on mostly real people but maybe overly dramatized.

 

also here is a good information of Red Sleeve Cuff novel:

 

 

 

and here is the character chart done for the drama

 

  • Thanks 3
Link to comment

introduction of MBC Dramas, COMIC STYLE

7-2._%EC%9B%9D%ED%88%B0M_%EA%B2%80%EC%9D%80%ED%83%9C%EC%96%91%EC%98%B7%EB%B6%89%EB%81%9D%28%EC%B5%9C%EC%A3%BC%EC%97%B0%291.jpg?type=w1200

source: https://m.post.naver.com/viewer/postView.naver?volumeNo=32289878&memberNo=53360300

 

 

and now the fanarts begin:

 

though I am pretty sure its western take on guy profile...

 

 

 

Spoiler

here are some of the fan-arts of his other character.  

i wish the art above was more like LJH version

 

or this:

 

 

 

 

 

as I've mentioned Junho has an alter-animal, and now with fanarts about,

let me introduce red sleeve penguin,

Spoiler

 

 

 

Edited by czakhareina
  • Heart Eyes 2
Link to comment

Lee Se Young and Lee Junho cut at 57th Baeksang Awards [210513]

 

 

And HERE is the subbed version: https://jlml718.home.blog/2021/05/14/eng-sub-2pm-junho-2021-05-13-junhos-part-in-baeksang-arts-award-2021/

 

Junho was also asked a recent interview regarding him preparing for his role: 

Esquire Kore August 2021 

 

Question: In MBC's upcoming drama <Red Sleeve Cuff> due at October, you are playing the role of King Jeongjo. In <I Live Alone>, you were practicing for the character using the chopsticks with your right hand, This Left a deep impression.

 

Answer: I am a left hander. I thought to act as king Jeongjo who was deep into Confucius culture, he was probably eating with his right hand. I also read a lot of books to try to understand his character. I've discovered his perfectionism. In some ways, I think this is the part where I find our similarities

 

credit: JLML718

 

I Live Alone clip Where junho practices Right Hand eating and ask Jinyoung for pointers:

Spoiler

 

 

 

 

22 hours ago, Tofu said:

@czakhareina

 

Although this is how I feel looking at the character chart --> :BulbaConfused:

 

hahaha,

I kinda havea little more clarity since I already watched the Kdrama Yisan with Lee SeoJIn and Han JiMIn. the characters are based on the same historical figures....
But yup for the most parts, the chart needs more explanation

Edited by czakhareina
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Party! 1
Link to comment
On 9/14/2021 at 6:26 PM, czakhareina said:

FanMade video:

Fans are so creative! Sometimes I feel like production company should hire them to edit their videos and even make their posters. LOL!

 

For some reason, I forget that he was a left hander. That's so neat that he paid that much attention to the point where he learned how to eat with his right hand. Kudos to him!

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use