The Red Sleeve Cuff 옷소매 붉은 끝동 [2021-22]

20 hours ago, Tofu said:

Fans are so creative! Sometimes I feel like production company should hire them to edit their videos and even make their posters. LOL!

For some reason, I forget that he was a left hander. That's so neat that he paid that much attention to the point where he learned how to eat with his right hand. Kudos to him!

He is ambidextrous. He writes with his Right and eats with his Left. thus he is practicing when eating but not when writing. 

Additional Behind the scenes pics from filming site:

from filming site...   wedding scene.. ? probably for King Yeongjo's 2nd Queen...?

E9p7VgRXoAYEk_L?format=jpg&name=small

https://www.instagram.com/p/CSYImJXpOzr/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

LSY IG post...   with her saguek costume:

E9JLRrYUcAQdsJY?format=jpg&name=360x360

E9JLSXxUcAELkMN?format=jpg&name=360x360

Edited by czakhareina
  • Heart Eyes 3
On 9/19/2021 at 4:52 AM, Tofu said:

LSY looks so pretty! 

This drama will air after The Veil, right? 

about 1 week break in between if The Veil continues airing on the timeslot with no hiatus...

the leads of both dramas, and their bromance:

Chief Kim” Co-Stars Namgoong Min And 2PM's Junho Rekindle Their Bromance |  Soompi

and yup LSY totally looks so pretty

Here are some addition updates in her Instagram:

a0ec7485d654daddccec374613525f6bd210f9f3

Spoiler

f497a0863b039bf45bf16bcb4ba879dea98d53f0

2c89bbf777ffc5b9d1f20bb043ed363cd994c6b8

4604615c2e942248648ca0a5325d34aeb44ec91049d0b76e9f5c994f61bff576ac019f1458c2bb20

LINKS: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5]

Edited by czakhareina
  • Heart Eyes 3

Thanks so much for  all the updates @czakhareina. Lee Se Young always looks so pretty in a hanbook. She has this grace and elegance about her
A lot is riding on The Veil and this show to turn ratings around for MBC. @Tofuwill remember how bad Oh My Master was . And even On the Verge of Insanity did not surpass 5%. The Veil is gaining some ground for MBC, and I hope that that will be the case for TRSCuff too. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

57 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Thanks so much for  all the updates @czakhareina. Lee Se Young always looks so pretty in a hanbook. She has this grace and elegance about her
A lot is riding on The Veil and this show to turn ratings around for MBC. @Tofuwill remember how bad Oh My Master was . And even On the Verge of Insanity did not surpass 5%. The Veil is gaining some ground for MBC, and I hope that that will be the case for TRSCuff too. 

Oh My Master, urgh. I tried watching that for Lee Minki but quickly realized it was not for me. Definitely is one of the worst dramas of 2021. Haven't seen On the verge of Insanity but it has been on the to-watch-list since it completed, and only because I like the main leads. sad to see such bad collection of dramas from MBC. 

I am seeing good reviews of The View. and also good ratings increase. and like you I do hope it does continue to get good ratings and continue ratings uptake with RSC. Personally, though I am a bit wary of the scriptwriter for RSC and then my other worry is the mass of youth saguek that will be out in the 2nd of this year.

Right now we have Red Sky (SBS), then there is King's Affection this October (KBS), Then of course there is Red Sleeve Cuff (MBC), then there is fellow 2pm member Taecyeon's drama Royal Secret Agent and Jo-Yi that will also air on November and there is also When Flowers Bloom, I Think of the Moon (KBS) though air date is still unscheduled. 

I just hope and wish that this drama will do well...

anyway here are some of the MBC twitter account update over the past few days:

Script Reading

Spoiler

More drama update information

Spoiler

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2
48 minutes ago, czakhareina said:

Personally, though I am a bit wary of the scriptwriter for RSC

Oh how come? I have no idea who the writer is. I didn't watch Emperor - Owner of the Mask but if I recall people like the 2nd FL or something? Must ask @ktcjdrama, think she watched it. 

• Like 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

14 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Oh how come? I have no idea who the writer is. I didn't watch Emperor - Owner of the Mask but if I recall people like the 2nd FL or something? Must ask @ktcjdrama, think she watched it. 

I did... but I am biased, so I will still say I like it 😆 although I agree there are flaws and problems. The 2FL is better written and developed than FL. Almost the same goes for 2ML actually. The story definitely didn’t go as “promoted”. Love it nonetheless 😆

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears

5 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I did... but I am biased, so I will still say I like it 😆 although I agree there are flaws and problems. The 2FL is better written and developed than FL. Almost the same goes for 2ML actually. The story definitely didn’t go as “promoted”. Love it nonetheless 😆

yeah. the 2nd FL was wayyyy better...Yoon SoHee was memorable in that role  than the leads

And as the narrative goes, its was bland and I felt more frustration cause I do love YSH and KSH...

it is sad cause I was so rooting for seungho and sohyun. TT_TT

Lee Junho and Lee Seyoung Chuseok greeting 2021

the resolution of the video feels like the drama is from the 2010's...? so I guess this is definitely the 'traditional' saguek more so than I imagined...

But oh goodness Lee Seyoung is cute and I can feel Junho Cringing starting when they said chuu~~~~~ part

this two look adorable together, so I will think positively and and wait patiently for this drama

Edited by czakhareina
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
1 hour ago, czakhareina said:

yeah. the 2nd FL was wayyyy better...Yoon SoHee was memorable in that role  than the leads

And as the narrative goes, its was bland and I felt more frustration cause I do love YSH and KSH...

it is sad cause I was so rooting for seungho and sohyun. TT_TT

LOL... my exact feelings too!! It was one of the ships I boarded. Watched every single BTS. I even live-caps the episodes as they aired. 

1 hour ago, czakhareina said:

But oh goodness Lee Seyoung is cute and I can feel Junho Cringing starting when they said chuu~~~~~ part

this two look adorable together, so I will think positively and and wait patiently for this drama

Let's give the writer a second chance... whatever, as long as it's not a total train wreck, I think I will stick to watching even if for these two leads, haha....

• Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears

5 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

LOL... my exact feelings too!! It was one of the ships I boarded. Watched every single BTS. I even live-caps the episodes as they aired. 

Let's give the writer a second chance... whatever, as long as it's not a total train wreck, I think I will stick to watching even if for these two leads, haha....

hahaha, I did not arrive at the level of watching the BTS, I think my frustration of the narrative got the best of me. *sigh*

But YES. let us definitely think positively, much like how skeptical I was with Lee Junho when he first started out as an actor, and how he changed my mind though how he portrayed his roles and how he continues to impress me in each acting gig where he does solid job. then I definitely also think that  The writer could most likely do the same... and change the tides of my wariness and worry...

I usually drop dramas that are Train wreck, case in point Oh My master. But then like you I'd probably stick for the leads cause I do like LJH x LSY pairing more... plus my obsession with LJH is just way high after his discharge. he has certifiably just gotten wayyyyy hotter as evidenced by his pictorials:

Spoiler

1630649472-e9mgoamwuaehapu.jfif

1630649471-e9noqagvcam08oi.jfif1630649446-e9mgoaqx0aadzaj.jfif

1630649420-e9ofmo8voakwhl.jfif

Spoiler

others: E9FKkd5WEAUpH5c?format=jpg&name=large

and here are some additional insta updates by the supporting cast

Actress Jang Heejin posted a short clip of being prepared for wedding/coronated as queen jeongsun

Actress Seo Hyo-rim playing Princess Hwawan, Lee San's Aunt updated her Instagram [9/17/2021]

E_dfNdMUYAQyyV-?format=jpg&name=medium

Edited by czakhareina
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
7 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

This is one actress I’d love to see more too, been a fan since Achiara’s Secret. So, also excited about this drama because she is in. 

and I loved her in Flower of Evil. 

and also with Leo Deokhwa who will be playing King YeongJo

The casting of this drama definitely the people I like and know.

.. except probably Kang Hoon, who I am not so familiar with...

Full Vid of the Chuseok Greeting of cast + NG:

Edited by czakhareina
  • Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Party! 1
8 hours ago, Tofu said:

Let's not talk about Oh Master. That drama...why did we watch it to the end again, @abs-oluteM:PikachuFacePalm:

Thanks for all the BTS photos! It's making me really excited and I'm all for more sageuk! 

For the love of the OTP as well ..ahahaha..no idea. I don't drop dramas as quickly like @SilverMoonTea , so sometimes I persevere for unknown reasons! :eeeee:

I am just reposting this to highlight that Jun Ho should show off his body in this drama. Post military fan service is a must .  :smile:

Thanks @czakhareina

E9FKkd5WEAUpH5c?format=jpg&name=large

• Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

On 9/21/2021 at 7:34 PM, abs-oluteM said:

For the love of the OTP as well ..ahahaha..no idea. I don't drop dramas as quickly like @SilverMoonTea , so sometimes I persevere for unknown reasons! :eeeee:

I am just reposting this to highlight that Jun Ho should show off his body in this drama. Post military fan service is a must .  :smile:

Thanks @czakhareina

Right on, for the OTP...!!!  

As for the usually post Military service shower scene. I wished that too, but after reading his casting in this drama, I kinda am putting my expectation at a lower notch, because this drama feels like the traditional saguek, so probably very little of any sexy times...

but I just wish for maybe a Drenched-junho version...

He does Drenched so sexily....

and I probably would just replay 100x that clip of his from 'I live alone' guesting. 

anyway here are still some clips from the supporting cast during script reading:

Plus Junho archery:

img.gif

Edited by czakhareina
  • Heart Eyes 4

Red Sleeve Cuff Update: Saguek Royal manners/etiquette Lessons

On 9/22/2021 at 9:54 AM, Tofu said:

That teaser of him from their new song not to long ago...I must have watched it so many times now. Junho is :wow:.

hahahaha I did too. I always get frustrated when my biases go off to the military, but I do get excited when they come back cause they get hotter. and In the case of Junho, Military Service gave him back so unexpectedly wayyyy hotter. His boyishness is kinda gone, he came back super manly.
He is like Fine wine, and is aging with so much grace

Edited by czakhareina
  • Heart Eyes 2

Oh wow @czakhareina. I know that they normally have classes / schools if you're doing action scenes. But didn't realise that they would have one to learn etiquette. I suppose that makes sense given there were so many protocols etc in those times.

I do know that there will be plenty of historical shows lined up, but I am looking forward to this a bit more because it is a straight-up romantic melodrama ( a genre that I tend to gravitate to the most).  Two of my favorite historicals ( not that I watch that many) are that genre - Queen of 7 Days and The Crowned Clown.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Oh wow @czakhareina. I know that they normally have classes / schools if you're doing action scenes. But didn't realise that they would have one to learn etiquette. I suppose that makes sense given there were so many protocols etc in those times.

I do know that there will be plenty of historical shows lined up, but I am looking forward to this a bit more because it is a straight-up romantic melodrama ( a genre that I tend to gravitate to the most).  Two of my favorite historicals ( not that I watch that many) are that genre - Queen of 7 Days and The Crowned Clown.

i always thought for sagueks, horse backriding was the most expected lessons to take. and maybe actions scenes.

I was also surprised when they showed the etiquette lessons. though yup, definitely should have expected that, but I guess not many BTS show this part. they show the action/horse back riding scenes more, cause it looks "cooler"...

I did have a good laugh with the teacher answers to Junho. She just gave him ammunition to go all out kingly. His other dramas had him be commoner, now he is crown prince, and his "hwangjae" nickname and personality must be puffing up...

First Poster

FABoB_cUUAQr5FV?format=jpg&name=large

I Love it!!!

Edited by czakhareina
  • Heart Eyes 2

2PM’s Junho And Lee Se Young Are In Their Own World In New Historical Drama

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Sep 24, 2021 | by L. Kim

MBC’s new drama “The Red Sleeve Cuff” (literal title) has shared an intriguing sneak peek of the chemistry between its leads!

Based on a popular novel, “The Red Sleeve Cuff” is a traditional historical drama that tells the record of an imperial court romance between a court lady who wanted to protect the life she had chosen and an emperor who put the nation first before love.

2PM’s Junho stars as Yi San, the direct descendant and eldest grandson of the King. Lee Se Young stars as court lady Seong Deok Im, who wants to make her own decisions about life rather than be one of the King’s many women.

In newly released stills from the upcoming drama, Yi San and Seong Deok Im stand alone by a quiet pond. Yi San exudes grace and power in his royal robe, and Seong Deok Im is wearing a traditional dress with red sleeve cuffs. The two characters make heart-fluttering eye contact, and the romantic atmosphere is enhanced by the beautiful scenery.

However, it’s intriguing to see the two looking at each other because court ladies aren’t actually allowed to look the crown prince in the eye. Yi San gazes at Seong Deok Im with sparkling eyes of interest, and she stares back at him with a slightly timid expression. What kind of romance will blossom between these two in the future?

“The Red Sleeve Cuff” will premiere on November 5 at 10 p.m. KST.

LINK: https://www.soompi.com/article/1490008wpp/2pms-junho-and-lee-se-young-are-in-their-own-world-in-new-historical-drama

• Heart Eyes 2