The Red Sleeve Cuff 옷소매 붉은 끝동 [2021-22]

2PM’s Junho And Lee Se Young Energize “The Red Sleeve Cuff” Set With Their Smiles

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Oct 15, 2021 | by S. Nam

Upcoming drama “The Red Sleeve Cuff” has revealed behind-the-scenes moments from 2PM’s Junho and Lee Se Young’s teaser and poster filming!

Based on a popular novel, “The Red Sleeve Cuff” is a historical drama about an imperial court romance between a court lady who wants to protect the life she chose and an emperor who puts the nation first before love. Junho stars as Yi San, the direct descendant and eldest grandson of the king, who will later become King Jeongjo. Lee Se Young stars as Seong Deok Im, a court lady who wants to make her own decisions about life rather than be one of the king’s many women.

The making-of video begins with the camerawoman asking Lee Se Young what she’s looking at. She replies in character, “I want to go outside the palace, so I was looking outside.”

During filming for the drama’s first teaser, Lee Se Young looks beautiful in a field of flowers. However, she starts to hesitate and laugh because a fly lands on top of her flower. While rehearsing for the next teaser, Junho and Lee Se Young receive directions from the director on the scene. Junho receives a scroll, which is supposed to be Seong Deok Im’s letter of apology. Examining the letter, Junho jokingly comments, “She started writing and then quit.” Lee Se Young then practices reading the letter out loud for the voice-over. The actress also mentions that her character would have picked out flowers one by one herself to decorate the letter with great care.

After filming a more serious moment, the two get playful as they mischievously twist around while pretending to be shy. Lee Se Young pokes Junho in the stomach and even starts dancing.

Later, during the poster shoot, Lee Se Young stretches out her hand, and Junho comments, “You’re Iron Man.” Junho checks with the photographer how his hand will move up to hold Lee Se Young’s hand. At the photographer’s request, Junho helps Lee Se Young adjust her sleeves slightly. Lee Se Young comments, “I feel like I’m making hand art,” and the two actors link hands slowly, creating a romantic poster using just their hands.

For the final poster shoot, Lee Se Young and Junho are separated by a thin veil. Nevertheless, the two start playing games with one another before getting serious. The photographer asks them to lift their chins up slightly, and the moment results in another breathtaking poster.

LINK: https://www.soompi.com/article/1493531wpp/watch-2pms-junho-and-lee-se-young-energize-the-red-sleeve-cuff-set-with-their-smiles

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

Lee Se Young Describes Her Character In “The Red Sleeve Cuff,” What It’s Like To Work With 2PM’s Junho, And More

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t
Oct 16, 2021 | by L. Kim

Lee Se Young talked about her upcoming drama “The Red Sleeve Cuff”!

Based on a popular novel, “The Red Sleeve Cuff” is a traditional historical drama that tells the record of an imperial court romance between a court lady who wanted to protect the life she had chosen and an emperor who put the nation first before love.

Junho stars as Yi San, the direct descendant and eldest grandson of the king, who will later become King Jeongjo. Lee Se Young stars as Seong Deok Im, a court lady who wants to make her own decisions about life rather than be one of the king’s many women.

Lee Se Young touched on the reason why she decided to appear in the drama. She shared, “The biggest reason is that the script was very interesting and touching. After I decided to star [in the drama], I read the original novel, and it was also moving and very impressive.”

The viewers have a favorable impression of Lee Se Young’s acting in a historical drama, and they’re anticipating her role in this new one. Regarding that, she commented she doesn’t really feel pressured by people’s expectations. She added that she doesn’t think the drama was successful because of her, but she was lucky enough to participate in a good project.

Lee Se Young described her lady Seong Deok Im as a “simple person.” She said, “Unlike other protagonists, Seong Deok Im is a character who can only think of surviving. Although she unintentionally gets involved in big incidents, she doesn’t harbor personal ambitions or greed. All she wants is to protect the few things in her hands. I am acting with care so that I can express her ‘simplicity’ well.”

When the drama shared the first glimpse of her in character, she received praise for looking like she had stepped out of the novel itself. Concerning that, Lee Se Young joked, “I actually had high expectations because I believed that our great production crew would make me look beautiful and pretty.” Then she added, “My synchronization rate with Seong Deok Im is around 70 percent. We’re both simple, but compared to her, I seem to have a lot more. So I feel really sorry for her.”

About the chemistry between her and her co-star Junho, Lee Se Young commented, “When I found out that I would be acting with actor Junho, I was really happy. I had trust in Junho, and I am very grateful and joyful that we’re working together. Please look forward to [our characters’] chemistry as well.”

Then she mentioned her teamwork with Jang Hye Jin, Lee Min Ji, Ha Yul Ri, and Lee Eun Saem, who will be playing her fellow court ladies. She shared, “Good people seem to gather together, and the director is great, so it seems that only amazing people gathered for this drama. There are many scenes with all the court ladies, and they all have pleasant energy, so our synergy is awesome. In particular, Jang Hye Jin is a mood maker.”

lee-se-young-4.jpg

Lee Se Young concluded, “There are probably not many people who have been curious about the question, ‘Did the court lady also love the king?’. In ‘The Red Sleeve Cuff,’ you can see the story of the palace from a court lady’s point of view. As the history is a spoiler, I will say in advance that I will experience everything in the drama that I have never experienced before, like marriage, childbirth, and childrearing. I think that’ll be the key point. Please give the drama a lot of interest and love.”

“The Red Sleeve Cuff” premieres on November 5 and will be available on Viki.

LINK: https://www.soompi.com/article/1493714wpp/lee-se-young-describes-her-character-in-the-red-sleeve-cuff-what-its-like-to-work-with-2pms-junho-and-more

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

2PM’s Junho, Lee Se Young, And Kang Hoon Reveal Their Characters’ Inner Desires In Posters For “The Red Sleeve Cuff”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t
Oct 18, 2021 | by C. Hong

MBC’s upcoming Friday-Saturday drama “The Red Sleeve Cuff” has revealed character posters for 2PM’s Junho, Lee Se Young, and Kang Hoon!

Based on a novel, “The Red Sleeve Cuff” is a traditional historical drama that tells the record of an imperial court romance between a court lady who wanted to protect the life she had chosen and an emperor who put the nation first before love.

2PM’s Junho stars as Yi San, the direct descendant and eldest grandson of the king and who will later become King Jeongjo. Lee Se Young stars as Seong Deok Im, a court lady who wants to make her own decisions about life rather than be one of the king’s many women. Kang Hoon co-stars as Hong Deok Ro, a government official who hides a cold personality under a seemingly warm and kind exterior.

Each of the characters shares their inner desires in their poster captions. Junho captures Yi San’s fiery charisma as the future king with his sharp gaze and regal posture. His caption reads, “I’m being patient because there’s something I want to achieve. In order to get what you want, you have to endure.” The caption embodies the future king’s determination to take responsibility for his nation and his people.

Lee Se Young captures her character, Seong Deok Im, in a moment of happy, wistful dreaming as she reads a book by the sunlit window. Her caption reads, “Even if it’s small, I want to live while making my own choices.” She is dreaming of a quiet life but her life undergoes an upheaval when she meets Yi San.

In his poster, Kang Hoon captures his character Hong Deok Ro’s beautiful face and the cold personality that lies underneath. He is known as Joseon’s most handsome man, but his gaze holds a sharp and burning ambition. His caption reads, “In my heart, there is a sun that is burning like fire,” prompting curiosity about what desire Hong Deok Ro is holding in his heart. The character is also described as a kingmaker who will stick at nothing to put Yi San on the throne.

LINK: https://www.soompi.com/article/1494155wpp/2pms-junho-lee-se-young-and-kang-hoon-reveal-their-characters-inner-desires-in-posters-for-the-red-sleeve-cuff

• Like 3

“The Red Sleeve Cuff” Releases Character Posters Of Lee Se Young And The Palace Women, Park Ji Young, Lee Deok Hwa, And Jang Hee Jin

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Oct 20, 2021 | by S. Cho

MBC’s “The Red Sleeve Cuff” has shared character posters for Lee Deok Hwa, Park Ji Young, Jang Hee Jin, and the palace women!

Based on a novel, “The Red Sleeve Cuff” is a traditional historical drama that tells the record of an imperial court romance between court lady Seong Deok Im (Lee Se Young), who wanted to protect the life she had chosen, and emperor Yi San (2PM’s Junho), who put the nation first before love.

The newly released posters highlight those in highest power within the palace. They feature Lee Deok Hwa as King Yeongjo, Park Ji Young as Chief Court Lady, Jang Hee Jin as Queen Kim, as well as the palace women Seong Deok Im, Court Lady Seo (Jang Hye Jin), Kim Bok Yeon (Lee Min Ji), Bae Kyung Hee (Ha Yul Ri), and Son Young Hee (Lee Eun Saem).

Lee Deok Hwa’s poster showcases an aura that is exclusive to the King. King Yeongjo is a good king with genius political powers who looks after state affairs and has a charm that ensures no one messes with him. Viewers can look forward to how King Yeongjo will act as the authority in the palace is transferred and how it connects to the saying on his poster, “Those who must disappear will disappear and those who should step back will step back.”

In Park Ji Young’s poster, you can see her dark charisma as Chief Court Lady, the top authority among the palace women. The poster reads, “You can’t ever trust the king. The only thing we can believe in is ourselves.”

Jang Hee Jin’s beautiful poster captures the heavy weight that her character holds. Queen Kim is King Yeongjo’s second wife who will soon rise to the position of queen consort. Her character appears extravagant but noble with a firm and intent gaze. The caption reads, “Will the sun rise in the east?”

The group poster for the palace women show the bright personalities of Lee Se Young, Jang Hye Jin, Lee Min Ji, Ha Yul Ri, and Lee Eun Saem. Basking in the warm sun shining through the window, the ladies show off their close relationship with their big smiles. The emotional caption on the poster reads, “I wish everything stayed the same like this with all of us together.”

LINK: https://www.soompi.com/article/1494339wpp/the-red-sleeve-cuff-releases-character-posters-of-lee-se-young-and-the-palace-women-park-ji-young-lee-deok-hwa-and-jang-hee-jin

• Like 3
17 hours ago, Alice Wonderland said:

Oh that teaser flutters my heart, this is difficult situation. How am I supposed to put this into my jam-packed drama schedule. Lols.  

The teasers has been a variety of cute and solemn; though mostly the words are heartbreaking...

And the drama definitely is screaming that the focus is these two.

this will definitely be not like Yisan.

Good thing I don't have much dramas on my slate now, I am clear for November dramas...

16 hours ago, Rina said:

Quite fond of the lead actor and actress.

Waiting for 5 Nov.

:smile:

Me too. definitely quite fond... er, for my case a bit more than fond of the ML right now...

Oh wells, its been a long time since I've fangirled this hard, probably 6-7 years...

So pardon the spamming and spazz-tic me in this thread... hahahaha

anyway presenting

The Trailer

...and man it looks so intense

Edited by czakhareina
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
11 hours ago, czakhareina said:

Oh wells, its been a long time since I've fangirled this hard, probably 6-7 years...

So pardon the spamming and spazz-tic me in this thread... hahahaha

Don't apologize. I am so happy each time I come here we have updates to read! Thanks loads :wow:

Yup so looking forward to this. I did read up the history on wiki to get a sense of where the story is headed. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeongjo_of_Joseon

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Noble_Consort_Uibin_Seong

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

38 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Don't apologize. I am so happy each time I come here we have updates to read! Thanks loads :wow:

Yup so looking forward to this. I did read up the history on wiki to get a sense of where the story is headed. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeongjo_of_Joseon

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Noble_Consort_Uibin_Seong

I've watched Yisan years before, so I fairly had a sense of how the story will go, but like you I still also read up on their story now that there is this drama..

here are some additional good links to read up on the history of consort Uibin and king jeongjo:

and below is a link that really gives you the sense of the the story of red sleeve cuff based on history. 

and....

additional Character Descriptions / Introduction

King Yeongjo: A genius monarch with unrivaled charisma

Queen Jeongsun: The elegant hanbok look like the middle warm of the Joseon Dynasty

Head Court Lady Jo: The power of court ladies with sharp eyes!

Edited by czakhareina
  • Like 2

2PM’s Junho And Lee Se Young Begin An Emotional Love Story In “The Red Sleeve Cuff” Teaser

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

A new teaser has been revealed for “The Red Sleeve Cuff”!

Based on a novel, “The Red Sleeve Cuff” is a traditional historical drama that tells the record of an imperial court romance between court lady Seong Deok Im (Lee Se Young), who wanted to protect the life she had chosen, and emperor Yi San (2PM’s Junho), who put the nation first before love.

The teaser released on October 21 begins by giving a glimpse of Yi San and Seong Deok Im living their own lives inside the palace. Yi San expresses, “The heaven’s order has come to me, bearing me, one person, the responsibility of one country’s fate.” Meanwhile, Deok Im says, “There’s not much I can do here. I want to be able to make a choice, even if it’s something small.”

However, romance begins to bloom between the two very different individuals. Yi San harshly asks Seong Deok Im, “You’re going to protect me when you’re just a court lady?” but Deok Im firmly responds, “I will protect you until the day I die.” Their moment of eye contact previews their emotional love story ahead.

The teaser also gives a glimpse of supporting characters including Hong Deok Ro (Kang Hoon), King Yeongjo (Lee Deok Hwa), the Chief Court Lady (Park Ji Young), and Queen Kim (Jang Hee Jin).

“The Red Sleeve Cuff” is set to premiere on November 5.

LINK: https://www.soompi.com/article/1494628wpp/watch-2pms-junho-and-lee-se-young-begin-an-emotional-love-story-in-the-red-sleeve-cuff-teaser

• Heart Eyes 2
On 10/21/2021 at 8:33 PM, czakhareina said:

and below is a link that really gives you the sense of the the story of red sleeve cuff based on history. 

Thanks for the links...I went through this one & it is a pretty good summary. At least I know what to expect.

Interesting that she & the official Queen were genuinely quite close or at least that was what historian thought. 

From that article

Spoiler

According to historical records, Deok Im refused the order strongly, weeping, swearing that she could not accept his proposal on her own life. Jeong Jo, despite having the power to simply ignore her pleas and bring her in as concubine, yielded to her request.

Deok Im’s decision to disobey the to-be king’s proposal is one that’s hard to find in the history of Joseon, and one that might have resulted in her death. But the reason Deok Im disobeyed despite the possibility of her own death, was her sincere devotion and loyalty to Hyoui. Married for political reasons, Queen Hyoui and King Jeong Jo were not on good terms, and Deok Im believed that if Queen Hyoui gave birth to a child, the two’s relationship would improve.

This decision of Deok Im was a shocking one, especially because enmity between a king’s women was very much the norm, with concubines and even the queen fighting to give birth to the son of the king before anyone else. Being the mother of a future king gave a woman possibly the greatest power a woman could have in Joseon at the time.

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

food truck support at the set

For Lee SeYoung and Lee Junho from Haksan Comics

Spoiler

2PM’s Junho Thanks Song Joong Ki For Supporting His New Drama “The Red Sleeve Cuff"

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Oct 23, 2021 | by C. Hong

2PM’s Junho recently showed off his friendship with Song Joong Ki!

On his social media account, Junho shared a photo of a snack truck that Song Joong Ki had sent to the set of Junho’s upcoming drama “The Red Sleeve Cuff.” The banner includes a photo of Junho and the words, “I am cheering on the cast and crew of ‘The Red Sleeve Cuff.’ From Song Joong Ki.”

On the photo, Junho write, “Song Joong Ki, please come in person.”

Junho and Song Joong Ki became friends after meeting in 2009 on the KBS variety show “Let’s Go Dream Team.”

“The Red Sleeve Cuff” is an upcoming traditional historical drama from MBC about the imperial court romance between court lady Seong Deok Im (Lee Se Young) and emperor Yi San (Junho). It premieres on November 5 and will be available on Viki.

LINK: https://www.soompi.com/article/1494856wpp/2pms-junho-thanks-song-joong-ki-for-supporting-his-new-drama-the-red-sleeve-cuff

Spoiler

For Junho from Song JoongKi

Edited by czakhareina
  • Heart Eyes 1