My Roommate is a Gumiho 간 떨어지는 동거 [2021]

On 6/15/2021 at 5:45 AM, Alice Wonderland said:

I always wonder about this mytical being in any romance kdrama, they claim to be hundreds+++ years old and of course no doubt they had gone through the whole life and witness everything before their eyes, but something that is like a red thread from all of them, they so old-fashioned in dating field. I mean they're smarty cool in every aspect except this one, being clueless when a girl is liking them and get jealous

At least he can use "it's been so long since I last dated" as an excuse 😆😆

Hmm. I think they're (gumihos) actually known for their seduction skills or even have it as a supernatural ability. Maybe everyone else before "wanted" them, but actually liking and loving is unknown to him.

But you know what mildly irks me in this drama? How Woo-Yeo loves his instant coffee. 😄😄😄 At least they chose to make it a more classy instant coffee. I don't mind the PPL. It's just that I think it would suit him better as a pour over coffee kinda guy. 😄 He has lived so long, why rush his coffee? But well, maybe that instant coffee is just sooo good that even a being that doesn't really eat and drink like humans still partake. I don't hate it, its just that I feel like it would have been much much cooler if he spends his sweet time brewing his coffee or even tea. 😄

Everything else about him has actually sold to me that he's a near 1000 year old being, especially with the way he talks. 

• Haha 5

Phewwww I thought I really jinxed Go Kyung Pyo @Tofu (are you still watching?)

Turns out he's

Spoiler

the Mountain Spirit - cue where's Lee Dong Wook? Hahahahaha!

What surprises me is Jung So Min's cameo became the so-called Maegu. I like that twist although I'm also surprised it's already dealt with in one episode. I suppose now the conflict is how Woo Yeo endure being without Dam and how he intends to become human without absorbing another human's energy.

To be honest, I kind of think his act of taking the fox bead back and not wanting Dam to be hurt is in itself already a humane thing a fox has learnt to do and is doing a good deed (self-sacrifice in his case since he is risking of being a Maegu and letting Dam go since she's become so special to him) and should ideally passes "the test" if there is one. I'm sort of referring to Journey to the West.

• Haha 3
12 hours ago, Mouse said:

Just started watching and I’m really enjoying it. The scene where Lee Dam is pooping had me laughing in tears. The mute icon at the bottom left!! Whoever thought of this scene is hilarious! :lol:

and the subsequent clogged toilet situation!! I’m crying!! 

HAHAHAHA, i initially thought there was something wrong with my sound...took me a bit to figure it out that it was apart of the episode haha.

That Toilet cover wrap technique....like as much as I dont ever want to be in that situation, I do want to try it out. LOL

3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Turns out he's

Hide contents

the Mountain Spirit - cue where's Lee Dong Wook? Hahahahaha!

What surprises me is Jung So Min's cameo became the so-called Maegu. I like that twist although I'm also surprised it's already dealt with in one episode. I suppose now the conflict is how Woo Yeo endure being without Dam and how he intends to become human without absorbing another human's energy.

To be honest, I kind of think his act of taking the fox bead back and not wanting Dam to be hurt is in itself already a humane thing a fox has learnt to do and is doing a good deed (self-sacrifice in his case since he is risking of being a Maegu and letting Dam go since she's become so special to him) and should ideally passes "the test" if there is one. I'm sort of referring to Journey to the West.

Seems to be a thing here with most (not all) guys talking in such a low deep tone in their voices. hahaha

Ep.7 had quite a bit going on, from the mountain spirit to the whole maegu thing. dang freaked me out at the scene at the Flower shop.

Crazy how it was dealt in 1 episode, still feels like theres something else out there running around.

I like that idea you got goin with the marble thingy and sacrificing himself in a way to protect someone else. You may be onto something.

BUT, THE most important thing which DID NOT get enough focus on......was this....

Spoiler

HyeSun and THIS outfit needed more air time and closeups of the full ensemble!!!!! 

*faints** :heart::love::wow:

bQ7szKS.png

ci0SJal.png

• Haha 3

-- Survives on Bubble Milk Tea, Burgers, Fries, Chicken Nuggets and Fried Chicken --

-- Currently watching: {not watching anything at the moment} --

1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

Hahahaha @TRaNz you have more to swoon at in the new episode... if you don't mind spoiler at all... you'll love this outfit too.

:heart::wow::love::PsyWhat::BulbaOWO::SquirtleWonderfull:

I am so excited to watch ep 8...i haz it, but its 2:30am and the food coma from the late nite kebab is kicking in....LOL

Ummphhh that outfit in the teaser......I think you guys can tell what i am easily distracted/attracted to . HAHAHAHAHA

They've given her the best outfits for this to suit my needs. LOL

• Haha 3

-- Survives on Bubble Milk Tea, Burgers, Fries, Chicken Nuggets and Fried Chicken --

My Roommate is a Gumiho

Filming Locations

The template of school scenes (True Beauty for one) is the famous Seoul National University .

This is the same location for Lee Dam 's school.

Also it is where Orishin shot his arrow straight to my heart   for the prize of one cute plushie. 

The kissu scene is filmed in Seonamsa Temple [UNESCO World Heritage] , known as  "The Playground of the Gods

Spoiler

Seonamsa is a beautiful temple located at the east end of Jogyesan Mountain. The distance between the entrance and the temple site is approximately 1 kilometer. The temple site is nestled within a lush forest of diverse trees that are hundreds of years old. In front of the temple is a arched stone bridge named Seungseongyo Bridge, which is supported by natural bedrocks. In front of the main hall, Daeungjeon Hall, are two three-story stone pagodas that grab visitors' attention. Not only is Seonamsa Temple home to many of the country's pristine treasures and artifacts, it is also one of the few temples that preserve the traditional temple culture even as of today. Seonamsa Temple is beautiful throughout the year, but it is especially inviting in spring and fall when the flowers start to bloom and tree leaves change in color. (source)

Still have to find where is this :wow:

Spoiler

E3ahLR8UUAELijc?format=jpg&name=medium

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Insightful 2

Plop Cat GIFs | Tenor

Wah @TRaNz this episode was made for you, LOLLL. Kang Han Na even get special coverage and filter (through Jae Jin's perspective). Lots of outfits of her wearing super short dress/skirt with high boots too.

My favourite though was how "boshi-so" when she intervene on Jae Jin being weak towards his ex, Jin Ah. I'm dying to see them fall in love... lol, I have a feeling they will be so lovey dovey that everyone around them will puke. I don't know why I just get that kind of feeling. I'm also curious if she will tell him she was a fox.

This episode is so angsty but not in a bad way because I enjoyed watching Woo Yeo missing Dam and giving her so many longing looks. Hehe. :P Gotta taste the bitterness a bit to know the sweetness, right? xP

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

Thanks @bluepebbles for the location post.

Aahhh so pretty, SK is so pretty. They're able to finely preserve historic structures. "The Playground of the Gods" is such a strong title for a place. The lantern kiss scene ultimately had me wondering if it was an actual place or just produced for the show.

Hye-Sun is soooo fun, I always get excited when she's in the scene. I love how she "kept an eye" on Lee Dam. 😆 And of course the almost-kiss that happened between her and Jae-Jin. It's funny how Jae-Jin thinks it's normal that she doesn't understand cause she just moved back to Korea. 😄😄 Also, strong words to have a foxy lady say "on Saturday, he's mine". I really wish that will make the other girl shut-up for good. 

I'm surprised that the evil spirit scenario was resolved so quickly. I wonder if that's really the end of it. One other thing that got shot down quickly was Tiger Sunbae... Things didn't even last for an episode for him. Symptom check: how to know if you're having SLS? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Done with ep 8, the separation made things very clear between the two. So I think ep 8 is much better than before. You know, it feels that the two are quite good for melodrama. I like how WY feeling depressed with his denial and Dam pretending to forget him. I wonder will he become a human in the end. Like HS, I agreed that he should try to find his next nest for his marble. But I guess he wont care for that again cuz now Dam becomes more important for him. Will he become an evil spirit if he fails his deadline? Nope, I am not worry at all, cuz I have 100% sure he wont. There are only two guesses I could think, he is succeeded or he remain as 1000 years Gumiho. 

Oh poor GSW, he is a good guy but Dam is not for him. Dam is quite bold rejecting him but that is better. I'm a bit worried that they would go with "lets date so I can forget my roomate" scenario.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

I wish they would bring back the sassy & happy go lucky Dam from initial few episodes. She continue mopping for her one sided love (actually not so one sided love as well). I understand first love for university student is something quite big. But I wish she also stay true to herself and not making her happiness solely depend on WY. 

Luckily the other side characters banter & bickering is continue to be fun to see. That Kim Tae Hee friend always so funny, she also have quite talent in singing & dancing 😁 Dam friend's ex also make appearance and glad she got wiped out by our Hye Sun pretty quickly. 

Sunbae really don't have much portion in this whole story I think. Eventhough he & his sister continue to amuse me, basically she just conversed with Dam's brother thru SMS lols. 

symptom for SLS : you constantly waiting for them to appear in the screen 😁 @Warm Paws

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

17 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

I wish they would bring back the sassy & happy go lucky Dam from initial few episodes. She continue mopping for her one sided love (actually not so one sided love as well). I understand first love for university student is something quite big. But I wish she also stay true to herself and not making her happiness solely depend on WY. 

This, so agreeeee!!! I hate when kdrama writer start making the female lead like this. It ruined the fun. And it isnt sonething they offer to us at the beginning. It's why I feel it's quite annoying to watch. Lols.

17 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Sunbae really don't have much portion in this whole story I think. Eventhough he & his sister continue to amuse me, basically she just conversed with Dam's brother thru SMS lols. 

His character seems just like a filler to Dam and WY's relationship. But he is a good actor. I feel a bit sorry for him. He does liking her. And he is a good guy.

Spoiler

Btw I watch him in ADGF. But he wont get the girl as well there, I like his character more than the male lead. 

Edited by Alice Wonderland
  • Like 3
  • Awesome 1
18 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Wah @TRaNz this episode was made for you, LOLLL. Kang Han Na even get special coverage and filter (through Jae Jin's perspective). Lots of outfits of her wearing super short dress/skirt with high boots too.

My favourite though was how "boshi-so" when she intervene on Jae Jin being weak towards his ex, Jin Ah. I'm dying to see them fall in love... lol, I have a feeling they will be so lovey dovey that everyone around them will puke. I don't know why I just get that kind of feeling. I'm also curious if she will tell him she was a fox.

This episode is so angsty but not in a bad way because I enjoyed watching Woo Yeo missing Dam and giving her so many longing looks. Hehe. :P Gotta taste the bitterness a bit to know the sweetness, right? xP

YOOOOOOOOOOO..... AYYYYYYYYYYY

Just watched Ep 8 ...... HyeSun:PsyWhat::SquirtleWonderfull::BulbaOWO::heart::wow::love:

They have dressed to extremely well for my liking each episode, it gets better as it goes on. hahaha.

Her first outfit in the lecture room with all white ensemble... **faints** 

Her second outfit in the cafe all in black....**faints** 

I love all of this. HAHAHAHAHA

Almost like, the white outfit portrayed her as the sweet innocent angel that didnt know any better with terms used from JaeJin.

But then the black outfit made her like the 'knight in shining armour' saving JaeJin from JinAh.

The delivery of her saying "On Saturday, he's mine" :pandalove:

g2RzsBs.png

**giggles excitedly**

Spoiler

3hkxqCS.png

BGqByC5.png

I can't wait ( assuming it happens ) for when Dam finds out HyeSun's true identity and what sort or relationship she has towards WooYeo. That'll be awesome to see.

I too also hope something nice comes out of HS and JJ.

Kinda sad for SunWoo being rejected so soon, but ehhhhh I wasnt soo keen on his character. Its sorta like he deserved it for being the 'hotshot playboy' in the school.

Interesting cameos they had for this week. One ep each for Ko Gyung Pyo and Kang Mi Na.

Hope we get a few more just to have that lil sense of surprise. 

This is a good representation of those KDrama addicts who watch into the early hours of the morning but have to get up early for work. This be their face when they're low on sleep and energy but show up at work trying to hold it together....... AHHAHAHAHAHA :laugh:

jLCRhKD.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I am surprised to find out about the mountain spirit. I initially thought he was the evil spirit and yes, I too, am surprised that got resolved quickly. I do wonder if that is really the end of it. But it might be that the real challenge here is how Woo Yeo turns human before his time is up. 

I am soooo glad her memories remained intact. I wonder though why she didn't forget. Is it because she has a strong will/mind like her mom? 

I am glad that Woo Yeo is finally realizing how he truly feels about Lee Dam. I want to see him really pursue her and it looks like we might see that in the next episode. I CANNOT WAIT! 

I am starting to feel bad for 2nd male lead. In the beginning I found him quite annoying but he's growing on me. LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Awesome 1

spacer.pngQueen of Tears, My Lovely Runner, Doctor Slump

I'm sorry, but I've come to look forward to Hye-Sun and Jae-Jin's scenes more now. 😄😄 I dunno.. I just find them really funny and stress free to watch. Hope the show gets to somehow keep them this way.

Maybe it's just me, but I liked it better when Woo-Yeo was just some random cool guy. Him becoming a professor just to look over Lee Dam kinda ruined it for me. 😄😄 Cause now I can't shake off that they have a teacher-student relationship. Sure they may not see it as that since they knew each other way before, but everyone else now know Woo-Yeo as their professor. That kiss was pretty intense though.

Looks like they'll have more challenges and be forced to be apart again based on the previews. 🤔

• Insightful 1
  • Haha 2
  • Awesome 1

:wow: Waaaaa the kiss was so intense! It's the first time I've seen Jang Ki Yong kisses so passionately too. Even in Search:WWW it was mild. Ok, now I get why the Maegu's plot was resolved in an episode. It's because there are more challenges the OTP has to face and this also ensure the drama isn't going to be boring since we're only on episode 10. I haven't seen that many Gumiho-themed dramas so it was refreshing for me in that Woo Yeo's hunger is preventing them having skinship. Bwahahahahaha. I honestly hope this would be portrayed in the comedic way. I've read comments from weibo that this bit is following the webtoon.

I'm looking forward to a hungry Woo Yeo next week. I've actually been waiting for a scene like this, kekeke. And how he's going to maintain his hunger/energy if he doesn't "feed". Will he feed on Dam or find someone else? Can't Hye Sun give him some human energy since she's also a human now?

LOLLLL. Was it really a trend 15 years ago to date at the sauna? I didn't watch I Love Kim Sam Soon so I honestly don't know.

Loved loved loved the interactions between Jae Jin and Hye Sun. Jae Jin was so darn cute when he sat beside Hye Sun feeling apologetic about breaking Hye Sun's side mirror.

3ad6b31f2f64660cce4c1fde447aaf11f006db1b

I also love the lunch scene - they just look adorable sitting side by side shaking their rice bowl. :heart: I've seen 3 dramas from Kim Do Wan and this had to be my fave character he had played.

Hye Sun is such a gem. She really does care for Woo Yeo and true to the webtoon, she was actually the one with the tragic love backstory. And here she is, still brave enough to keep loving, unlike Woo Yeo.

Tiger sunbae is becoming more and more like a filler. I do wish he has his own separate, sub-plot from now on because there's just absolutely no way he has any chance with Dam. No wonder he decided to take on another role at KBS hahahaha.

Curious who that new face Dam bumped into after the trip at the bus. Is it Mountain Spirit back in disguise??? After all he'd need to stay close in case Woo Yeo failed to become a human.

New stills

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Heart Eyes 2