My Roommate is a Gumiho 간 떨어지는 동거 [2021]

OMO @Alice Wonderland!

I was just about to summon you to check this out! Hahaha!

14 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

I wonder why he didnt take out the marble? Did he let it to absorb all her energy? He collects all human's energy to his marble to become a human, right?

Yeah think in the webtoon he purposely puts them in her so he can absorb her energy.

Hyeri is good in comedy LOL.

• Haha 3
29 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

OMO @Alice Wonderland!

I was just about to summon you to check this out! Hahaha!

Yeah think in the webtoon he purposely puts them in her so he can absorb her energy.

Hyeri is good in comedy LOL.

Hahha, I like the cast. And I have a soft spot for JKY. Some of his prev dramas I passed. I like him in GBC and KI. Too bad, he got sad ending for both. Lols. 

Ooo... webtoon adaptation, where to read? 

So this time he probably be happy ending. Yup. Hyeri makes LD alive. I enjoyed her misery here. Lols. Poor her, but the scene where she has to unclog the toilet is so funny. Lols. She even didnt notice she said okay to her sunbae. 

Edited by Alice Wonderland
  • Haha 3
28 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

JKY tried so hard to be funny, but his expression is too serious.

I think WY the fox is jaded and not really trying to be funny. He has been living for too long. I can imagine he go through 900 years, he must had seen all and I think nothing can amused him anymore. Not until recently the weird student that entered into his life. I also can't described Dam's character well yet? She seems blunt, but caring to her friends and have her own aspiration. I also like that she want to become curator and as result she bonding well with the living artifact gumiho. 

The friendship of WY with the lady ex gumiho surprisingly last very long lols, for 700 years. The funniest part she's not so bright, and he has been entertaining her for that long, I think he must be very patient too actually. I can imagine Dam's friend fall for her, I just read he have experience heartbroken for 12x lols. 

The serial killer guy that lingering perhaps also gumiho that wanting to become human? Actually I'm a bit confused on how to become gumiho? The deity said must doing good deed right? Is sucking energy from human a good deed? Maybe I miss something while watching? 🤔

Anyway this drama for keep, I have good laugh with Dam's witty reply all the time. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

3 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

I think WY the fox is jaded and not really trying to be funny. He has been living for too long. I can imagine he go through 900 years, he must had seen all and I think nothing can amused him anymore. Not until recently the weird student that entered into his life. I also can't described Dam's character well yet? She seems blunt, but caring to her friends and have her own aspiration. I also like that she want to become curator and as result she bonding well with the living artifact gumiho. 

It's fun to see LD considering how to address him based on his age. Lols. She goes with "어르신" I think he doesn't seem to be happy, gumiho-nim is much cute I think. And it seems she has a connection with him from the past?? WY dream of a girl, and based on my drama tropes radar, it will be one of those like "she is the reincarnation of his first love" lols. 

9 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

The friendship of WY with the lady ex gumiho surprisingly last very long lols, for 700 years. The funniest part she's not so bright, and he has been entertaining her for that long, I think he must be very patient too actually. I can imagine Dam's friend fall for her, I just read he have experience heartbroken for 12x lols. 

They woukd be the second couple here right? At least she can harm him with her magic power again right? She is a human now as she said. 

10 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

The serial killer guy that lingering perhaps also gumiho that wanting to become human? Actually I'm a bit confused on how to become gumiho? The deity said must doing good deed right? Is sucking energy from human a good deed? Maybe I miss something while watching? 🤔

I am not sure either. I dont get this part too. But based on what he said, that he only takes the energy from those who willingly to give it to him?? Err... not sure. And he didnt make his host energy got so dried till death. 

Yup.LD is so hillarious. I like her. So hooe it will get better for next episodes. 

• Like 2

Didn't say do good deeds.

"If you live a hundred years with good virtue, you grow a tail. If you cultivate yourself and live 200 years, two tails. If you come to an understanding and live 300 years, 3 tails. Then you will make yourself a red marble. If you manage to colour the marble blue with human energy before 1000 years is up, before you grow more than 9 tails, you, a beast, may become human."

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Didn't say do good deeds.

"If you live a hundred years with good virtue, you grow a tail. If you cultivate yourself and live 200 years, two tails. If you come to an understanding and live 300 years, 3 tails. Then you will make yourself a red marble. If you manage to colour the marble blue with human energy before 1000 years is up, before you grow more than 9 tails, you, a beast, may become human."

So it has some levels of achieving the 'human mission' here. When he shows his fox form to LD, he has more than 5 or 6 tails. So his marble is still red when it's with him but he sees it's changing color to blue inside LD's body. I think it's why he let it there. 

Talking about good deed, good virtue considered to be as morally good, both word and behavior. So he shouldnt harm people to get his first tail. But taking human energy sisnt considered as good, so why he did it still. Cuz that mission has been acomplished hundred years ago, now he is in his final mission, to get the blue marble with human energy before its due. But again look at the last part, it says "maybe" lols. So there will probably some variabke changes that makes his plan come at fault. What do u think guys? Lols. My brain cant think more at this. 

• Like 3

@Alice Wonderland There were too many funny scenes from Hyeri actually, like rolling on the ground to avoid sunbae LOL LOL. And then her thinking the lolly is the foxy bead. Hahahahaha. I do love some of the special effects added to the drama. The toilet one was definitely hilarious too. Sunbae was very amused by her, not just Woo Yeo.

Based on the conversation with ex lady gumiho, Woo Yeo is rather fussy in picking who he absorbs energy from. The reason why she becomes one quicker than him is because she isn't picky. Woo Yeo grew tired of the indifference/repetitiveness of absorbing energy from women he has no interest in.

Like you, I also think Lee Dam might be the reincarnation of the lady who died. But I don't think she died because of the foxy bead but because she was killed by Japanese soldier.

I'm not sure where to read the webtoon. @bluepebbles said it is now on the (Naver) Webtoon app.

Woo Yeo has a time limit as well since he's 999 years old already. Means he needs to achieve his goal before he turns 1000 years old. He should have 9 tails by now.

6 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

So it has some levels of achieving the 'human mission' here. When he shows his fox form to LD, he has more than 5 or 6 tails. So his marble is still red when it's with him but he sees it's changing color to blue inside LD's body. I think it's why he let it there. 

Talking about good deed, good virtue considered to be as morally good, both word and behavior. So he shouldnt harm people to get his first tail. But taking human energy sisnt considered as good, so why he did it still. Cuz that mission has been acomplished hundred years ago, now he is in his final mission, to get the blue marble with human energy before its due. But again look at the last part, it says "maybe" lols. So there will probably some variabke changes that makes his plan come at fault. What do u think guys? Lols. My brain cant think more at this. 

To be honest I'm not sure the subtitles is entirely accurate. iQiyi's subs aren't that trustworthy as I found out when I watch Sunbae.

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

There were too many funny scenes from Hyeri actually, like rolling on the ground to avoid sunbae LOL LOL. And then her thinking the lolly is the foxy bead. Hahahahaha. I do love some of the special effects added to the drama. The toilet one was definitely hilarious too. Sunbae was very amused by her, not just Woo Yeo.

Yea.. how hard she tried to avoid tiger year born men in the hall way too is so hillarious! Lols. After she learns what makes her get ill, she activated her defensive mode, it alarms her whenever she sees them in her proximity. Lols. Yea.. the playboy sunbae will retired from hunting his true love with LD. Lols

Tue ex lady fox is just so fun, she's sassy and fussy. Lols. At least WY has a friend to share his thoughts. 

You right, I believed the lady died because of the Japanese soldier. Well, we will get more flashback later. 

999 years means the due date he tells to LD. Does he try to deceive her intentionally? But surely later he wont let her get hurt. He is on the way to fall for her. My crystal ball telling me he will be soon.

Lemme check the app, hmm so lazy to redownload it. I better try to find it the web version first. 

• Like 3
14 hours ago, Alice Wonderland said:

999 years means the due date he tells to LD. Does he try to deceive her intentionally? But surely later he wont let her get hurt. He is on the way to fall for her. My crystal ball telling me he will be soon.

Lemme check the app, hmm so lazy to redownload it. I better try to find it the web version first. 

Yeah I think he deceive her intentionally. He knows how to take it out, he just didn't. I came across someone's comment on weibo saying he was "hungry" at the time and he purposely left his fox bead with Dam.

There's English translated version on the interweb. If you do read, can you let us know/confirm it was indeed intentional? Thanks.

• Like 2
40 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Yeah I think he deceive her intentionally. He knows how to take it out, he just didn't. I came across someone's comment on weibo saying he was "hungry" at the time and he purposely left his fox bead with Dam.

There's English translated version on the interweb. If you do read, can you let us know/confirm it was indeed intentional? Thanks.

Ooo... interesting to know what's inside his thoughts ya. I like the part when smiles after telling the bull's blood is his fav food. 

I havent found the webtoon yet. I'll let you know if I do later. 

• Like 2

@mademoiselle @Alice Wonderland

Yep the webtoon is now up on Naver webtoon app - updated up to 15 chapters

But a fan translator has the update until episode 55. I guess it stopped translating when they heard the official translation is released on Naver.

Another filming location 

Shin Woo Yeo's mansion

This private mansion is located in Seoul’s neighborhood Pyeongchang [Pyeongchang-dong/평창동] in the Jongno District [Jongno-gu/종로구]; in short walking distance to/from mansions No. 227 and No. 489-10.

Address
215-1 Pyeongchang-gil, Jongno-gu, Seoul, South Korea
서울특별시 종로구 평창길 215-1
(평창동 494-7)

Getting here
Gyeongbokgung Station [경복궁역], Seoul Subway Line 3, Exit 3
➜ Take bus no. 1711 or no. 1020 to Byucksan Pyeongchang Hills Apartments (15 stops)
➜ Walk 10 mins

source

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Plop Cat GIFs | Tenor

Okay, Im not shipping them yet, but soon I will, very soon, or already. Lols.

So badge staff team in-charge!!! I summoned @Tofu @bluepebbles @SilverMoonTea @mademoiselle @abs-oluteM make another badge for this otp too, pleaseee!!!

With this

Spoiler

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSProgjZK4Z2y2bMo6-ImB

Or this

Spoiler

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQc7iUrMMzG9K9r58txkNi

Dunno why, after seeing their photoshoot, I find them looking so good and their chemistry jumps uncontrolably. :laugh: 

• Haha 4

I was telling @SilverMoonTea that it's hurting my eyes watching certain scenes because of the overuse of blur in the background. I think they are going for that dreamlike effect, but it's a bit too much. I did manage to watch through the first episode and enjoyed it. I'll watch episode two before I decide if I'll continue or not. 

@Alice Wonderland -- I resized one today, but not sure when it'll be released. Hahaha!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Star Struck 1

I see @Tofu thanks!! As @SilverMoonTea spoiled me with two of it and asked me, I said, I want both, :heart:

Ah.. I dont notice the blurry background, I guess that's what they want, I also complained about the expression of the Gumiho, but have I told you all, I am weak at a guy who can smile charmingly, he did it so I can't handle it. Lols. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I finished episode two and was able to just ignored the blur because I haven't seen "eo reu shin" in dramaland in a while. In the words of @SilverMoonTea, it was the oppa power that motivated me? :laugh:

On 5/29/2021 at 9:00 AM, mademoiselle said:

He should have 9 tails by now.

I counted and he has nine tails. My understanding is that if he wants to become human, he needs to change the red marble into a blue marble. Once he does that, he'll be given the opportunity to become a human.

Spoiler

9pySlH9.jpg

Since it's taking him a long time, the lady friend (ex-gumiho) was probably hinting at something when she asked if he even wants to be a human. Maybe the hesitation has something to do with the woman from his past? I also think there might be a connection between Lee Dam and the woman from his past. 

The comedic elements so far have been fun to watch. They were what Oh! Master tried to do before it derailed into a dark abyss...of doom! :niu:

Second male lead is very persistent and almost annoying to me. I don't like men that can't take "no" for an answer. I want to see the meeting between him and Woo Yeo so I'll stick around until then. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

@Tofu @SilverMoonTea ikr, where there is oppa power, they're like magnet to us, be able to pull us back. Lols. And the story is quite enjoyable, not that bad laa... still okie... 

Next episode oo reo shin will be brought as dami's boyfriend. I bet she asked him to reject her oersistent sunbae. Lols.

P.S. 

I just read silver's signature, "oppas collector" :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2