My Roommate is a Gumiho 간 떨어지는 동거 [2021]

• I continued to be amused by the awesome CGs in episode 6 👍. Loved the one where Dam threatens Jae Jin she will break his skull into half :laugh:

• Is it too much to ask that I want Hye Sun to become chingu with Dam et al.? I feel this is one way we could see more of Kang Han Na.

• Jung So Min's cameo as Woo Yeo's Joseon lover was such a huge surprise and looks like she will reincarnate (?) to present time next episode. Ooooh. I think it is also somewhat refreshing that they didn't go with the usual drama trope being Dam was the reincarnation of the past life lover.

• Another refreshing bit is none other than Dam's mom. She is so cool. Not sure who the actress is but she carried this character with style and sass. She made a 999 years old fox sweat and nervous. Again loved the CG of "zero effect" of Woo Yeo's magic on her, LOL! With her blessing, I'm cheering and happy there won't be a forbidden love trope (but we will have conflicts).

• Anyone get a closer look of who the villain fox is? Is it Woo Yeo's twin or just someone who was once Woo Yeo's fox enemy?

• I really like Woo Yeo and Hye Sun. Even though Woo Yeo behaves indifferently and cold, he actually does see her as his long time old friend. I just don't know why they don't just become family...? I do love that Hye Sun seems genuinely concern for Woo Yeo's well-being since they both share the same experience.

• I'm really curious how the fox becomes human thing works because Hye Sun is now a human (so she claims) however she can identify tiger born person and she was able to see through Woo Yeo's disguise.

• That blind date senior of life is so infuriating. I'm surprised Dam didn't get indigestion hearing him boast about himself through dinner. He reminded me of Dr. Ye from A Poem A Day whenever he offers his advice as the senior of life but obviously Lee Jun Hyuk is so so soooo much cuter and less annoying.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 1

Done with 4. Wait for me... I'm catching up...

I forgot to mention that I so love the basement scene in ep.1 (or was it 2), when suddenly Dam just fell to her knees as she found out how old Gumiho-nim is, lol... Although I mentioned I don't like history @SilverMoonTea I do like ancient stuff, so I would love to be able to browse through that basement. Still no SLS for me, lol... JKY's voice just so gentle and soothing. I watch on normal speed btw, so I can listen to him speak... gosh, looks like a new adoption is soon to happen again for me. I really like him in this role. Kinda like him in WWW at the beginning but then their line became meh for me....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

[EP 5-6]

On 6/7/2021 at 4:04 AM, mademoiselle said:

She's also not as intelligent to be a villain

Remember Jung Ba-Reum? 🤣🤣 I do hope she won't be, but I feel like there's an ulterior motive as to why she's helping Woo-Yeo. Woo-Yeo himself has questioned her multiple times already. If she does have an ulterior motive, hopefully it'll be something light or even comical. I'm also confused what converting from a gumiho to a human entails. It seems she still has her gumiho senses but can no longer do any magic. 

5 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

• Jung So Min's cameo as Woo Yeo's Joseon lover was such a huge surprise and looks like she will reincarnate (?) to present time next episode. Ooooh. I think it is also somewhat refreshing that they didn't go with the usual drama trope being Dam was the reincarnation of the past life lover.

Yey! It finally arrived! To be honest, this (JSM's cameo) was the main reason I checked out this drama 😂😂 but I'm really glad I've come to enjoy the show from the very first episode. I thought it will be just a real quick cameo, but its actually quite a bit of screen time - and potentially longer cause of the modern-day appearance in the preview, which is a very pleasant surprise! ❤❤

I still don't understand how the marble works though... Does it become blue just by gathering x amount of human energy? If it turns blue, does it save the human currently holding it? Does the gumiho need to learn to love as the final step to become a human? My current understanding is that Woo-Yeo only realized he was in love with So-Min's character only after he took back the marble, so it never turned blue. He then shut himself from love ever since. When the marble accidentaly transfered to Lee Dam, it already started turning blue from the beginning, even before they started getting to know each other and develop feelings. So maybe it's because Woo-Yeo has already learned how to love in the past, or because Lee Dam is the descendant of So-Min's character, or both. 

With this though, I'm really curious to know how Hye-Sun accomplished becoming a human. Did she learn to love as well? And if so, what happened to the person she loves? She seems to be doing fine though, like no heartbreak ever happened. 🤔 Or like @mademoiselle said "so she claims", maybe she hasn't become a human yet, and that's why she's studying Lee Dam closely to figure out why Woo-Yeo's marble turned blue.

The blind date was really funny, especially when they moved to the cafe and they showed the guy and Woo-Yeo are basically wearing the same thing. It cemented the idea that Woo-Yeo really does have that samchon vibe to someone like Lee Dam. The date was all high and mighty but still just an intern. 😂😂😂

Woo-Yeo teleporting Hye-Sun to Jae-Jin's car made me laugh hard, especially with what she accidentally says. They're pretty cute and I would love to see more of them. Just like Hye-Sun, it's the first time I've heard of the expression Jae-Jin used "let's take out our hands and feet for Dam's sake" (iQiyi subs). I get what it means, but I don't think I've seen it used before. Is that more of a Korean expression? 

@SilverMoonTea things aren't playing out too well for your tiger sunbae but hopefully things change soon. 6 episodes in and I feel like he's been taking hit after hit after hit. He definitely needs to get a break being painted as the bad guy. 🤦‍♂️

• Haha 3

@SilverMoonTea But she spelled it the Korean way so it's "Pox" LOL totally different meaning.

@Warm Paws Yes, the fox bead turns blue once it gathers enough human energy. I think Woo Yeo grew to become so indifferent and uninterested that he wasn't actively absorbing energy from women, unlike Hye Sun who gets over the death (not sure if she also loves him) and continues diligently.

6 hours ago, Warm Paws said:

Remember Jung Ba-Reum? 🤣🤣 I do hope she won't be, but I feel like there's an ulterior motive as to why she's helping Woo-Yeo. Woo-Yeo himself has questioned her multiple times already. If she does have an ulterior motive, hopefully it'll be something light or even comical.

Hahahaha I'm sure she's not another Ba Reum. I think they are "frenemy". They seem to be competiting with each other before on who to first become a human and they also became friends that sort of care (not a lot) but enough about each other. Otherwise she wouldn't call Woo Yeo and Woo Yeo wouldn't help her. I'm also pretty sure Hye Sun finds it entertaining to see Woo Yeo reacting to Dam differently.

6 hours ago, Warm Paws said:

Just like Hye-Sun, it's the first time I've heard of the expression Jae-Jin used "let's take out our hands and feet for Dam's sake" (iQiyi subs).

I think it might be a literal translation from Korean idioms/phrases. Similar to Chinese idiom "Fu Tang Dao Huo (赴湯蹈火)" or  "Shang Shan Xia Hai (上山下海)" which literally means "Go through water and fire" and "Up the mountain down the sea" respectively for someone. Imagine saying these idioms to Hye Sun, hahahahahahaha. I'd die laughing at her reaction:eeeee:

• Haha 3

Apologies for the delay in reply, I have been slowly recovering from......from how freaking gorgeous HyeSun looked in that black oufit while Dam is about to go on her date. My Gawddd, everything about it, from the top, the skirt, heeled knee high boots and her hair.....Shhhheeeeesssshhhhh, i was done for. rewatched that scene a few times. **faints again**

--wakes up 30 minutes later--

So Ep 6, Dam's mum showing up was interesting and short but end with good results, nice to see her rooting for the leads.

SunWoo looks like hes going to try and change his ways to win Dam over. I mean I'm not fond of his cool bad boy image but the change seems like a good thing.

JaeJin is a laugh to watch though hahaha mixed in with SooKyeong. Good friends and the bickering. I like how they do the editing of the group chat and its the 3 of em in their own areas but onscreen its divided into 3. haha

Welp....my poor guess at YooJin ( publisher lady ) being the villan went out the window ep of ep6. hahaha..oops.

BUT Hey..HyeSun rightttt..RIGHTTTT

When I realized this was the full outfit....like...I melted and fainted...gone...hahaha jkz, but if I ever in real life (wont happen dw haha) went on a date with a girl and she wore something similar to this. Apart from trying to NOT meltdown and faint AND overly stare so much, she'd pretty much have me by the fingertips easy. LMFAO

7u7r6xD.png

I played back this scene lots.....its sooo naiiceee to look at.... :wow::love::heart::pandalove::duckhearts:

dszUnLK.png

• Haha 1
  • Star Struck 1

-- Survives on Bubble Milk Tea, Burgers, Fries, Chicken Nuggets and Fried Chicken --

-- Currently watching: {not watching anything at the moment} --

31 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

All I can think of on behalf of Kang Han Na is that "it's FREEZING"! It all looks nice wearing like that but boy oh boy it so isn't logical to show some much skin in winter.

Yeah its true, would have been cold. But it does wonders for us viewers. HAHAHAHAHA

Those gifs... that cheeky one where shes boppin her shoulders and that smile.....sshhhieeeeeee **faints** HAHAHAHAHjkjk

Soooooo goooooood, that black outfit.....everything...best so far. :love:

• Like 2

-- Survives on Bubble Milk Tea, Burgers, Fries, Chicken Nuggets and Fried Chicken --

19 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

LOL, Jung So Min worries Jang Ki Yong will pass out tomorrow after carrying her and have to run.

@TRaNz You can see the black outfit again from this BTS and her covering it up with blanket to keep warm. LOL.

Homggg, how have i not seen or subbed to this channel?!?! GHAHHAHAHAHA

Just went through and watched all the behind the scenes stuff....sooooo Gooooodddd....the goofing off on set. :laugh:

Hyeri is really a happy good vibe with everyone, like its always fun inbetween scenes when shes around. All the NG/Outtakes are the best hahaha

@mademoiselle oh yes I watched ESPECIALLY for her. hahaha, even on the channel that had other interviews and stuff....:love:

• Haha 1

I always wonder about this mytical being in any romance kdrama, they claim to be hundreds+++ years old and of course no doubt they had gone through the whole life and witness everything before their eyes, but something that is like a red thread from all of them, they so old-fashioned in dating field. I mean they're smarty cool in every aspect except this one, being clueless when a girl is liking them and get jealous. Or they probably wait till the so called 8th episode trope for him to acknowledge his true feeling for Dam. Ah right, they had other handsome guy to pressure the male lead to confess this time. 

Edited by Alice Wonderland
  • Haha 2
  • Party! 1

Somehow I just dont feel the fun like before seeing Dam being down in the dumps because of her one sided love for WY. I mean I miss her early Dam, where she is being much sassy and cool, not easily falling for a guy. How should I put it, she becomes too gloomy whenever she had to keep her feelings from him. It's why I like if the guy like the girl first. That spot filled by SW sunbae! Even so, I am still on the main ship, safely on board still. 

And I still dont understand about the fox bead becomes blue or wahtnot, I mean if he needs it to be in blue color before he take it back to be a human, what makes him hesitated not doing it right away. Something is very unclear here to me. Lols. Well.. was it because it's still changing colors and unstable? 

I need sweet episode to soothe my mood, cuz atm I'm in a mood swing, lol. I watch crime theme drama so this one will be one of the refreshing button for my brain from that heavy contents. 

Edited by Alice Wonderland
Dear mods, could u please merge my post.
  • Like 2
  • Insightful 1
15 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Bookish Hye Sun for u @TRaNzlols

omo omo omo omo

Theres a 3rd pic, full shot of her outfit...another one for me to die for....soooo hotttt n cute and prettyyyy :pandalove::love:

-- my poor screenshot attempt from instagram for that 3rd pic so ya'll can have an idea what im dying about...hahah

Id1dsY7.png

Edited by TRaNz
  • Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

Just started watching and I’m really enjoying it. The scene where Lee Dam is pooping had me laughing in tears. The mute icon at the bottom left!! Whoever thought of this scene is hilarious! :lol:

and the subsequent clogged toilet situation!! I’m crying!! 

• Haha 4

spacer.pngQueen of Tears, My Lovely Runner, Doctor Slump