The Zombie Detective ( 좀비탐정) [2020]

I finished ep.1 and 2... Enjoyed it so far. Oppa still handsome with all those black veins, but especially so when he is wearing the long coat and hat :wow:

It’s funny because there is a reference to their characters in The Last Empress when our two detectives met. I laughed 🤣

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Haha 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Kidnapping // Dog Day // Lovers // Vote

All caught up till ep.4... I am enjoying the show so far. No need to burn my brain thinking too much about the plot, just enjoying the ride. The comedy is just the right amount. And I think there will be angst down the road too. I do hope they keep the tone consistent till the end. 

What I am wondering is will there be any romance between our ML and FL? Because there are some hints about it. That’s gonna be hard though because I don’t see how they can be together. I’d rather there is no romance but good partnership. She has an admirer anyway....

• Insightful 2

MTDzeiV.gif

5 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

@ktcjdrama I will catch up all 4 episodes this week!! aahahaha at least seeing that you liked it , I think I will too. 

Waiting to hear your thoughts. Oppa so handsome being clueless about certain things. There are some action fighting too, at least those made it up for me from missing Rugal. 

Oppa promised to teach the rest of the cast the zombie dance and do it together if ratings exceeds 15% 😃

• Clapping Hands 2

MTDzeiV.gif

@ktcjdrama @Darkarcana @lifliflifI am all caught up  now. It was fun and CJH  oppa is such a cute zombie!!! I love his obsession with BBcream ( someone can now challenge our BB cream oppa @SilverMoonTea

bzcg7Mz.pngxNHp42L.jpg

Gosh I didn't think she'd find out so quickly that he's a zombie though. What will his excuse or cover up be? He is definitely related to that Santa case that she was investigating given his reaction to the child's image when they broadcasted the expose - I wonder if he was a police or perhaps a real private detective since his body remembers those fight moves?  I think there would be romance given all the little tropes we saw - but I like her cop friend with her too; so I am actually fine she does not end up with CJH's character.  [ @ktcjdrama do you realise the actor is the Golf Pro in Lies of Lies ?]

--------------------

Nice article on the drama from the Forbes

Spoiler

Choi Jin-Hyuk Takes A Comic Turn Playing ‘The Zombie Detective’

Joan MacDonaldContributor
I'm a journalist fascinated by Korean drama and film.

Zombies are everywhere in Korean media these days. There’s the film  #Alive with Yoo Ah-in and Park Shin-hye, the Train to Busan film sequel Peninsula, starring Gang Dong-won, and Kingdom, the historical zombie TV drama starring Ju Ji-hoon and Bae Doona. Still, there’s always room for a funny zombie story.

That’s the beauty of the hilarious drama Zombie Detective starring Choi Jin-hyuk and Park Joo-hyun. The drama strikes just the right blend of hideous and humorous along the lines of zombie comedy classic films such as Zombieland or Warm Bodies or the US TV drama iZombie.

In Zombie Detective Choi plays an unidentified man, later named Kim Moo-young, who wakes up in a pile of garbage. He is literally human waste and he has no idea how he got there. One thing is for sure. He’s not human anymore. He discovers this when he goes to light a cigarette—some cravings never go away—and the smoke puffs out of a fatal chest wound. 

He’s dead but he’s not in hell, even though his new existence is hellish.

Being undead is not a happy discovery and Moo-young decides he wants to die rather than live as a zombie, but he can’t do that either, so he tries to come to terms with his new existence. If only he was not so freakishly slow. 

Choi exudes plenty of leading man appeal even grotesquely zombified and plays his slow lurking movements to comic effect. As a zombie Moo-young meets his first human and she smells delicious, but he won’t let his baser zombie instincts get the better of him. He’ll stick to eating small animals raw.

Like many a monster tale, zombie stories are often about what it means to be human, what separates us from monsters and it’s often surprisingly not very much.

Eventually Moo-young will have to find a way to survive and to do so he will have to act human. He’s seen enough zombie films to know that humans kill zombies and he needs to blend in, so he gets up to human speed on a treadmill and studies elocution until he can rap, eventually succeeding enough in his mimicry to take over the office of a detective who specializes in finding missing persons. Perhaps he can figure out who he was before he turned into a zombie. Park’s character Kong Sun-ji is an intrepid reporter who can’t catch a break and she eventually winds up taking a job in his office.

Since Moo-young is now a zombie he can understand exactly what makes zombies tick, so that may turn out to be an advantage. His heightened zombie senses may also give him an edge when it comes to recognizing monstrous humans. What he really wants is to be human again, but as a hard-working conscientious zombie, he might be more human than most. 

This comedy displays a whole new side to Choi, who appeared in the dramas The Last Empress, Rugal, Tunnel and Fated To Love You. His partner in detective work, Park, is a relative newcomer, having played a jaded student in the TV drama Extracurricular and appearing in A Piece of Your Mind, but she does a good job playing the straight woman to his zany zombie.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

12 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

I am actually fine she does not end up with CJH's character.  [ @ktcjdrama do you realise the actor is the Golf Pro in Lies of Lies ?]

Yes I know it's the same actor. Hahaa...

I'd prefer FL to end up with the cop friend too. She and Zombie can just be partners in investigation.

I guess she does need to find out sooner than later so that they can work better together. I like that actually. The other detective also found out already through snooping with his binoculars. I can't wait for next episode!

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Party! 1

MTDzeiV.gif

hmm I think she  could confirm he was one ...did she faint? She was hospitalised.  Her sis / doc things she may be mentally off? Lol!

But she is definitely suspicious . Her bro in law tells her more about zombies

Spoiler

Cop friend is definitely suspicious of whether he was actually the detective

Spoiler

ooo preview ...does he remember his past

• Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

I’m so Glad you’re watching this @Ameera! We can hv fun together. Gonna catch up on this week’s episode today 

seems he really remembers his past? 

lololo this is the crazy bull scene I

Spoiler

preview 

• Haha 1
  • Awesome 1

• 4 weeks later...

I finished the series. Quite a fun and enjoyable ride. No dragging of plot. Good action sequence with enough comedic relief. And most importantly, possibility of a second season. Yay!! :smile:

@abs-oluteM new to change the topic title already since drama is finished. Although I’d like you to continue to watch this drama, you may not be able to enjoy the later episodes though as more (non-oppa-CJH-like) zombies come out to play :laugh:

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Haha 1

MTDzeiV.gif