Voice 4 : Judgement Hours 보이스4: 심판의 시간 [2021]

DID

Dong Bang Min has four distinct personalities: his real self who has a charming smile, the master with glasses who mediates each character and plans murders, the center director with exceptional hearing who tracks down targets, and the bloodthirsty Circus Man.

Cr. Soompi link

I wonder how much abuse he received until it cause his personality to split. I think it must be severe. And how to bring DID's case into courtroom to get justice? It seems in this case the host DBM himself might not even know the crime other personalities committed? Heard plea for insanity due to DID seldom accepted. 

I knew DID condition for the first time from Sydney Sheldon's novel Tell Me Your Dreams. I was quite fascinated by it. Hope in this CC Man, they can bring more information on DID too. Great job from LKH, especially when he played the stone's puppet to SJ. 

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

7 minutes ago, bluepebbles said:

I skipped two episodes to see my son Kang on episode 4 right away. Is this considered a :Sin:

When I was watching the beginning episodes, I thought I got it his drama wrong because he wasn't showing up. I was super excited to see him in episode 4 too! :heart:

I'm now on episode 5, @SilverMoonTea. Haha!

• Haha 4
10 hours ago, bluepebbles said:

I skipped two episodes to see my son Kang on episode 4 right away. Is this considered a :Sin:

@Tofu @Bluehibiscus I also love this boy...it started during Prison Playbook...and then in Kairos. I will see him tonight in Racket Boys for his cameo.

But I am most excited to see Looney aka Lee Kyu Hyung. Hope he will appear soon :D

-----------------

As promised @SilverMoonTea @40somethingahjumma @ktcjdrama I started eps 1! 

I forgot what it was like to watch Voice since I skipped  S2 and S3. Though I don't get affected easily watching violent scenes since I am desensitized from watching too many,  I was feeling rather fearful  for the sister when she was hiding in the closet ( instant flashback to S1 during the washing machine scene when the kid was hiding in it). I was so sad she died but I supposed that is how Derek will end up staying in SK to find his sister's killer. Since I went into the season without reading up on any spoilers, I was surprised that the hooded lady killer from the Circus Man trio is a Kwon Joo look alike. Since I have only watched the 1st hour , it is too early to theorize anything . Hahah is she really her twin. a doppelganger , had cosmectic surgery or it really could be Kwon Joo herself ?? :pandasipsip:

Last 10 minutes definitely hooked me in , so I will try and catch up over the week. 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2
  • Party! 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

@abs-oluteMThanks for trying this. @TofuYou need to hurry up a bit, or M maybe will bypass you? :laugh:kidding... 

I think S1 is still the most classic among all of the Voice's installation. But for me, I think this come close to be as good as S1. Also I've been very long not this excited to watch crime thriller drama. 

The format also working well for me, there is main villain and individual cases that might or might not be related to main villain. So there is no boring moment for me. 

It's also good to see our principal detective Derek can observed human behaviour and their psychology so well. About his english skill, @bluepebbleshis friend Chad is more fluent. And actually the migrant worker in salt pond even have better spelling than him 😅 (I love Derek so much, but I still need to give unbias review 😆

• Haha 4

27 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

You need to hurry up a bit, or M maybe will bypass you? kidding... 

@abs-oluteM is a drama watching machine. I can never compete with that. :laugh:

34 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

his friend Chad is more fluent.

I googled up who the actor is that plays Chad, he's more of a stage actor in Korea and English name is James Han. Also it seems like he is Korean American or studied in America which explains why his English is good. 

But we have to give Derek some credit. His English is not that terrible. :lol:

• Insightful 1
  • Haha 4

It feels as if the Prison Playbook boys are making the rounds lately -- Hanyang, Valjean, Jailbird. Maybe it's just what I happen to be watching.

9 hours ago, Tofu said:

But we have to give Derek some credit. His English is not that terrible. :lol:

I believe that Song Seung-heon was in a relationship with Liu Yifei for a bit and they probably had to use English to communicate. His English is definitely not terrible although technically  it should be better for someone who spent most of his childhood and all of his adult life in the States working with locals at the LAPD. The boy who played his younger self is very good. If Derek got to the States before his teens then he really shouldn't have such a strong K accent even if there are gaps in his grammatical production. However, everybody is different and the issue of fossilisation in second language acquisition is still somewhat controversial. 

For me I choose to close one ear to this. 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

11 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

It feels as if the Prison Playbook boys are making the rounds lately -- Hanyang, Valjean, Jailbird. Maybe it's just what I happen to be watching.

Absolutely! I feel like I've been watching all the boys from Prison Playbook lately. I might have to re-watch the drama soon. :laugh:

7 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

KJ also charmed by Chad! Haha...

Haha! They are both very charming. :cool:

6 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

BTS subbed by IQIYI

Why did iQIYI country restrict these videos? :letalQQ: I'll VPN later to watch it. 

Even though you changed your name from Lee Man Ho (reference to his character in Law School) to Kang Man Ho, you're still the same horrible person. :jiminbtssigh:

a7s3ENm.png

• Haha 5

Wow all my Chingu’s are here 

Annyeonghaseyo  안녕하세요  Just finished watching episodes 1-4 I have to agree that I am loving the cases . The Bullying story was so sad and so glad the mom fought for her son. She has a big heart and wondered why she thought she was a horrible mom. She tried her best and I hate the fact people use “ They are Kids to explain bad BEHAVIOR” . I k ow for a fact BULLIES remain bullies until they themselves get bullied or as adult they continu their actions. 

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Party! 1

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

@UnniSaraoh good,  we are about the same pace. I am up to eps  3 about to start ep 4.  Am gonna dedicate some time for this show this weekend. 

I like Derek. His sister has just died , and this an emotionally difficult time for him. However he doesn't let that get in the way of what he needs to do. Just love that he's good at what he does and clearly very compassionate. I was touched with the way he counselled the man in the woods when they caught him (the story of the man who behaves like a dog)  .  I had clearly forgotten the thrill of what it is like to watch a good crime procedural. I felt the fear of the woman who was locked in the dog cage , and at the same time the adrenaline rush of the entire team trying to save her. Strange but true - I teared up (happy) when the entire team felt so relieved that they saved the lady. Felt like I was one of them. LOL. 

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

Episode 5 had me crying and the new discovery of the CIRCUS MAN. Wow wow

I wonder are they really twins and she forgot she has a siblings. With the mention of DID , I kinda knew it was coming from when they killed GSJ. 

i love this smile 

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886533b5ee1e935693780

@abs-oluteM Derek is a compassionate person and he is hurting. He is very good at his job and I totally agree wi th Derek , American cops are way better than the korean police

• Like 4

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

@UnniSaraare you binge watching too ? I just finished watching ep 5. It was a very good and fast moving episode. I am quite glad that they are shooting this series in the island. Quite sad for the old lady diver who is having a hard time with her rather rebellious granddaughter. Wondering if the granddaughter is still alive since the dead girl is the diving instructor. Looks like it is all drug related. 

But I came here because I was somewhat surprised and happy to see Detective Shim Dae Sik from Voice 1 . Yes, cannot forget how Moo Tae Gu smashed his face. I think I had a small crush on the actor then . Also was pleased to see @bluepebbles son - Kang Soon Yeon! . Looks like he will join the Golden Time Team. 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 3

@bluepebblesYour son also start to grow on me. He's so scaredy cat, especially when he's being asked to open the car trunk lid by Dae Shik... 😂 He's clearly better fit for office life not in the field haha... 

@UnniSara Glad you liking this. I like Derek's character and his partnership with Kang centre.

Today Derek is driving (rare occasion 😆

20210718-130329.jpg

Cr fifi1700

@abs-oluteMI also feel this is best crime procedural I've watched recently. I watched all episodes without getting distracted. DaeShik looks like young Jinhyuk, with that mustache. 

Rating also doing well! 

Spoiler

On July 17, “Voice 4” achieved its highest viewership ratings to date for its latest episode, which took first place in its time slot across all cable channels with an average nationwide rating of 4.001 percent.

“Voice 4” also took first place in its time slot across all channels—including public broadcast networks—among the key demographic of viewers ages 20 to 49, with whom it scored a nationwide average of 2.7 percent and a peak of 2.9 percent.

Cr. Soompi

• Clapping Hands 5

Lee Kyu-hyung is amazing in this. He is so good as Dong Bang-min. The best thing about the Voice franchise is that they manage to attract high quality actors to play these sorts of male characters. I have to wonder though why no one has ever noticed that there's something seriously wrong with Min before. His grandfather doesn't seem to have noticed but I suppose Min had been living on the mainland until recently. I'm assuming that something happened when he was a child and was kidnapped. But yeah, a sleepwalking diagnosis seems rather sloppy to me. 

The biggest "twist" about the recent episodes is the fact that Dong Bang-min is only the tip of the iceberg. He's not the primary villain. We've always known that he had to be a victim of some kind of crime or abuse to be where he is now. But he is just a symptom of a much deeper problem. Like a tumour that surfaces to say that there's cancer at work. His grandfather's cult gives me the heebejeebies. Grandfather's offsider gives me the creeps. And Grandfather himself sets off all kinds of alarm bells. When I see all those young women dressed in beautiful white hanboks like virgin brides, let's just say this: I don't have a good feeling. I don't have a good feeling about what happened to Min either. Something makes me think it was more than just kidnapping that destroyed his psyche.

There is a terrible secret tied to that village. There might have been good intentions driving it but it could be just a facade for the elders to commit some unspeakable heinous acts. But Director Yang's daughter... she behaves far too much like she's been brainwashed when she can't even see the wood for the trees.

I'm glad that Derek apologized to Kwon-joo about misunderstanding her. He's a really good cop but he has a tendency to fly off the handle where his sister and her murder is concerned.

As always each episode flies by. The teamwork in Episode 9 was pretty good even with the additions. Maybe I should have waited to binge watch everything in one sitting.

Hi @abs-oluteM and @UnniSara Glad to see you both watching this finally.

Edited by 40somethingahjumma
  • Clapping Hands 4

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.