Voice 4 : Judgement Hours 보이스4: 심판의 시간 [2021]

Just finished ep.1. Definitely a great watch! The suspense and thrill is just right. There are some eye-rolling moments for me but nothing too big to stop me from watching. 

It's really sad the sister had to die only at the beginning, but I'm guessing that must happen to make Derek stay back in Korea. Have to say this, is the girl very brave or too foolish? I mean, in a deserted building, how could she walk into a badly lit unit to check out sounds that were clearly from hostile situation...

LHN looks great with the heavy make-up. She should take up a dark role like that some time in future.

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

I finished ep.3. The case of poaching basically kept me on the edge of my seat while watching. I am so glad that the victim Jang managed to get out of it alive. She indeed is a strong person. Even on the stretcher, I'm sure with a lot of physical pain all over her body, she allowed herself time to remember the dog which saved her, and to let Derek talk to her. 

I love how quickly Derek blends in and work together with the Golden Team. No nonsense, let's get the job done. We're spared the unnecessary argument or bickering of who is better or right. Everyone just put in brain and effort to solve the case. The transition into the next case is also done quite seamlessly. 

Little ranting:

Spoiler

What kind of police pick up a knife with bare hand? To inspect what? Maybe "O yeah, as I suspected, it IS a knife." Duh...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

17 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I love how quickly Derek blends in and work together with the Golden Team.

It's a bit odd, but Derek didn't really choose case in Golden Team, everytime there is a call, he just join in. I was expecting he will only select those related to his sister's murder, but he's not. Eventually I think the case might be all well connected to Circus Man. But I appreciate how responsible he is, by always reacting to all 112 emergency call. 

Kang Seung Yeon vlog :

Towards the end is the group interview, for shorter version 👇

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CRA00hDjMc_/?utm_medium=copy_link

• Like 2

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

1 hour ago, SilverMoonTea said:

It's a bit odd, but Derek didn't really choose case in Golden Team, everytime there is a call, he just join in. I was expecting he will only select those related to his sister's murder, but he's not.

He did join because it could be related to his sister's murder. The lady is on one of the suspected flights that the killer might flew in. Although later on as they tried to locate her, he probably realised that this person is not the person he's looking for, he still carried on with the search and rescue.

• Like 2

MTDzeiV.gif

11 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

He did join because it could be related to his sister's murder. The lady is on one of the suspected flights that the killer might flew in. Although later on as they tried to locate her, he probably realised that this person is not the person he's looking for, he still carried on with the search and rescue.

Yes, on later episodes the connection become even lesser actually. On lady diver case and grandpa cases. 

I'm glad you're liking the show 😇

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

17 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

It's a bit odd, but Derek didn't really choose case in Golden Team, everytime there is a call, he just join in. I was expecting he will only select those related to his sister's murder, but he's not. Eventually I think the case might be all well connected to Circus Man. But I appreciate how responsible he is, by always reacting to all 112 emergency call. 

I think it speaks to his character -- that he's a dedicated cop and it doesn't really matter who is in trouble, he's up for it. His family issues makes him a lot more empathetic. He's obviously very driven from how he volunteered to work with the Golden Time Team and he gives his 100%. That's different too. Both Jang Hyuk and Lee Jin-uk's characters had to be dragged into the team kicking and screaming. They needed convincing. But when they were part of the team, they usually gave it their all.

But all the male leads have their own agenda. 

On 7/6/2021 at 6:59 PM, ktcjdrama said:

LHN looks great with the heavy make-up. She should take up a dark role like that some time in future.

I was thinking the same thing. I liked that dark, edgy character. It's a chance for Lee Ha-na to show another side to her acting.

Derek does lose it a bit later on but it doesn't go on needlessly. That's always the good thing about Voice, it moves fast.

Happy that you were convinced to start and are enjoying it.

Edited by 40somethingahjumma
  • Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

Some interesting article on how hard SSH working to prepare for his role :

Korean thriller ‘Voice 4’ starts June 19 on iQiyi app and IQ.com site every Saturday and Sunday

Manila Bulletin Entertainment

At the recently held press conference, director Shin Yonghui and actor Song Seung Heon both admitted that they felt great pressure for joining this highly-popular series. According to Seung Heon, despite his acting experience, the pressure is still above ninety percent, especially when the male leads from the past three seasons did such a fantastic job. Yet, the script seems interesting, so he was happy to take over the role.

He also humorously shared that even he had no transfer experience during his school time, but joining the cast makes him wonder if it feels the same way. He said that he had a nightmare before shooting, afraid of being excluded by the crew. Fortunately, he adapted smoothly because Lee Ha Na and the others were very helpful after he officially joined.

Lee-Ha-Na-Song-Seung-Heon-1024x683.jpg

Lee Ha Na, who has always been the main protagonist of the “Voice” film series, said that whether the “Voice 4” series or the character Jiang Kwon Joo will always be her most representative work/character in her life. Thanking for the participation of Song Seung Heon and Jiang Sheng-Yun, witnessing their hard work on the scene reminds her of her original intention.

Li Ha Na also shared that  Song Seung Heon’s script has been rotten through pages, and there are plenty of notes on it. She felt ashamed compared to his hard work and wanted to hide her own script, but this also tells how seriously  Song Seung Heon had prepared for his work.

Full Article :

Link

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

I'm only on episode two but I needed to pause to rant a little. The comment the Korean team captain made to Derek about his sister was really uncalled for. How does her speech impairment correlate with her ability to tell if the murderer was a female or male?! My brother is deaf-mute and he is one of the smartest person I know. 

@SilverMoonTea, I think I might just continue to watch how Derek show them that his sister was not lying about what she communicated. :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Episode 5 gives us another great case to follow.

I really love the way they create the tension of whether or not GT team will be able to save the hanyeo trapped under water while she was trying to hide from her pursuers. I thought it was very well done, just enough tension to keep us wondering if she will be able to hold up until help came, yet not dragging out the suspense for the sake of it. Tracking back a little, her escaping through the water tunnel was also well done. And the make-up of the actress when she was rescued was also just right to show a pale exhausted face after being in water for so long. Great acting by the actress too! 

That Song guy though, so cruel! The female diver was not dead yet and he dumped her alive into the water! 😭 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Ep 7

Anothet solid episode of V4. I was trully astonished with how much DJ contribute to solve the elderly case. He quickly pointed the glasswort plant as indicator that it only live in area with plenty of salt supply. He also shot the suspect swiftly and not missing the target! But his outburst of kicking CGP really showed his unstability emotion as well. 

DJ also quickly able to analyze that KSC only have mild dementia, by looking at how neatly he arranged his bed/clothes. KJ was able to noticed the sadness in his voice but she can't understand why, so DJ's accurate pinpoint able to give closure for her too. 

Slowly DJ seems able to trust KJ now, and he also kind of accepting that he also have trauma when KJ point it back to him. So they will head to Sonang Village, where the shaman activity is rampant. Actually it's interesting to note about the water ghost dragging legs, as the shaman mentioned this when she (supposedly) possesed by Su Ji's soul. DJ's memory of his mothers murder also have the same theme.

• Like 1

8 episodes in it's heartening to see that the Voice writer hasn't run out of ideas. I am still really enjoying the new series -- it's my weekly dose of crime/police procedural that satisfies an itch that I'm not getting elsewhere. Along with Song Seung-heon, Lee Kyu-hyung is great casting. He does so well with the DID. One minute he's chatty and friendly and the next he's wielding battle axes in that over-the-top creepy voice. With all the dysfunctionality that's going on in other people's homes, it does beg the question as to whether he was abused as well. My decades of watching crime shows tells me that he probably was because DID is a protective mechanism.

The residents of Vimo think that the outsiders are the troublemakers but really it's obvious that the seeds of what's now coming to the surface were sown even before Derek lost his mother. Under the veneer of an idyllic location is a hotbed of restless, angry youngsters throwing a fist at society and even at the universe. The Kang Man-ho story was a tragic in that the resentment built up over the years and there was no forgiveness. I'm not condoning patricide or matricide but it would have made a huge difference if his parents had apologized years earlier for the abuse and instability that was so much a part of his growing up years. Family dysfunction is a social problem with huge costs to the community not just the children in those families. The ramifications are enormous.

The swirly symbol is suggestive of something deeply sinister. On top of everything else that's all ready terrifying, there's also the possibility of a cult in operation??? Yikes. Maybe that's what's at the bottom of everything. 

• Clapping Hands 2

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

4 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

The swirly symbol is suggestive of something deeply sinister. On top of everything else that's all ready terrifying, there's also the possibility of a cult in operation??? Yikes. Maybe that's what's at the bottom of everything. 

I’ve been wondering too, because 28 years ago, it’s impossible that Circus Man be the one who killed Derek’s mother. So he took over the “operation”? Is there really a grandfather as he said? 

• Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif