Voice 4 : Judgement Hours 보이스4: 심판의 시간 [2021]

15 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

The teamwork in Episode 9 was pretty good even with the additions.

Agree! Ep 9 is absolutely a good one. My favourite part is when KJ call for a follow up to the teacher and acknowledged his pain as a stalking victim. She didn't discredit him, for being a male stalked by female. The stalker dentist is really something else! Real life police really should take stalking as serious crime, as it just one step away to become murder. 

20210718-132234.jpg

Cto

I kind of believe, the host DBM, really unaware of the other personalities inhibitant in his body. And the island really have something very sinister going on, probably they're a big syndicate of drug dealer? That holy water content really suspicious. 

15 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Maybe I should have waited to binge watch everything in one sitting.

IKR! :nervous: Also its only left with 4 episodes, I hope they can close all ties well. 

• Clapping Hands 4

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

14 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

As always each episode flies by. The teamwork in Episode 9 was pretty good even with the additions. Maybe I should have waited to binge watch everything in one sitting.

This drama is good for binge watching because there are so many cases and for the hunt of the serial killer. I am loving the plot theme to the Serial Killer and DID case. I learned a lot about this mental health illness. @40somethingahjumma I have a question though.  From the translation it seems that he I like this because of watching someone die. I thought DID is caused by extreme  trauma to the person himself. 
Chingu’s I assumed that Kwon Joo and Dong Bang-Min we’re related because they must share the same vision.  The Forest is the actual village that DBM lived in his whole life. But only one of the personality  ( agressive one) finds Kwon Joo a threat . Maybe she can get through to DBM and get him the help he needs .  What do you guys think?? @SilverMoonTea I agree the original personality doesn’t know about the other personality but the it seems the Granpa also saw those signs and never got his grandson the help he needed. I think DBM’s life is spiraling out of control that is why the other personality are coming out so often and for the headaches he is getting. I have a girl crush on her too , I just love hearing Lee Ha Na talk. It puts me at ease , when she talks. 

Edited by UnniSara
  • Like 4

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

On 7/19/2021 at 5:59 AM, UnniSara said:

This drama is good for binge watching because there are so many cases and for the hunt of the serial killer. I am loving the plot theme to the Serial Killer and DID case. I learned a lot about this mental health illness. @40somethingahjumma I have a question though.  From the translation it seems that he I like this because of watching someone die. I thought DID is caused by extreme  trauma to the person himself. 
Chingu’s I assumed that Kwon Joo and Dong Bang-Min we’re related because they must share the same vision.  The Forest is the actual village that DBM lived in his whole life. But only one of the personality  ( agressive one) finds Kwon Joo a threat . Maybe she can get through to DBM and get him the help he needs .  What do you guys think?? @SilverMoonTea I agree the original personality doesn’t know about the other personality but the it seems the Granpa also saw those signs and never got his grandson the help he needed. I think DBM’s life is spiraling out of control that is why the other personality are coming out so often and for the headaches he is getting. I have a girl crush on her too , I just love hearing Lee Ha Na talk. It puts me at ease , when she talks. 

I think it's very likely that the trauma did come from watching someone get severely and violently beaten before the resulting death because one of the personalities that Min manifests accused the manservant of being a party to murdering him.

Which episode are you at now, dear? Because the show explains that one of the personalities -- the female one -- might be related to Kwon-joo in some way. The aggressive, violent one has very detailed knowledge of something that happened in the past possibly his own murder.

The thing about this drama is that we are constantly labouring in a state of uncertainty. The audience and the team are only discovering the truth bit by bit and sometimes they have to readjust their hypothesis to fit the facts. So it's like putting together the pieces of a jigsaw. So what we find out in Episode 6 might not be all there is. 

It's definitely the case that Min is suffering from extreme PTSD that manifests in DiD. The headaches seem to be getting worse as the personalities try to take over the original one. Grandpa seems genuinely surprised to find out that Min has mental health issues. Sleepwalking shouldn't be taken lightly anyway because it is usually a sign of something else going on. There have been things going on in that village that perhaps even Grandpa doesn't know about. But he's not the benevolent grandfatherly character that he pretends to be either.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Insightful 2

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

I am all caught up. I was missing the PTSD Min was suffering. I recall when the agressive personality told him about his murder. I feel so bad for Min because he has no idea he is has been killing people. The female personality does seem to know Kwon Joo. She saved Kwon Joo from being killed. I feel that village is fishy and needs to be destroyed. @40somethingahjumma Grandpa remembered seeing his grandson personality in the last episode. When Min was playing with the stone. The agressive personality was talking and his hands was injured and cried who did this to him. He has been suffering since he was a child and I can’t believe grandpa doesn’t know about it. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

Just dropping a note to say that I’m so happy to finally see Lee Kyu Hyung. I am a big fan ever since Stranger . Think it was probably Prison Playbook that made him stand out . From reading I believe he’s got multiple personalities? I can definitely see him handle that as he’s such a versatile actor.

Am done with eps 6. So nice to finally see Dae Sik rejoin the team. It would be such a waste if he didn’t because you could see he got straight down to work like it’s second nature to him. 

There was also a scene where I thought Derek was rather harsh with Kwon Joo.  Of course I understand he’s under a lot of pressure to find the sister’s killer before his week is up. But it was also a reminder that he’s not had time to properly mourn for his sister . 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

Just dropping a note to say that I’m so happy to finally see Lee Kyu Hyung. I am a big fan ever since Stranger . Think it was probably Prison Playbook that made him stand out . From reading I believe he’s got multiple personalities? I can definitely see him handle that as he’s such a versatile actor.

In BTS LHN and LKH seems quite comfortable lols.... He's pretty good with all those personality changes. 

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 3

Just catching up.... in ep.8, we saw big ugly scars on Derek's arm. He should get some PS done on those scars before leaving SK for the US :laugh: On a more serious note, I am so sad to see Gong did not make it alive...

Only halfway through ep.9, the stalker dentist.... LOL... I am SO.GLAD. I did not watch it live on Friday evening. That Saturday morning I had a dentist appointment, you see... :laugh: Urgh, the scene of her trying to torture him on the dental bench, I shuddered the whole time and had to lower down the volume :nervous:

• Haha 4

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Kidnapping // Dog Day // Lovers // Vote

Just done with eps 7 , and we wrap up Kang Man Ho's case....it was sad seeing all the old people who had to work at that illegal "salt farm" . They were clearly there because their kids abandoned them. Of course the thing is that while Kang Man Ho is wrong for doing this but I suppose he has also been holding a grudge on the father who was somewhat abusive in his younger days.

Okay so now we finally get to see Derek's back story of how his mother was murdered. Since this was 28 years ago, would it be right to say that the current Circus Man trio is copying the MO of those Whirlpool Tattoo killers ? And from what I understand that the Circus Man gang carries out these murders based on the members requests in that online game ? Right? 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

More on ep.9... 

So, it is suggested that Derek and his sister were not only physically abused by the adoptive father, but also sexually abused? Did I understand it correctly?

I'm not familiar with DID, but is there usually flinching before another personality takes over? Or that's for dramatic purpose only? Anyway, LKH is rocking the role, and so handsome too in this drama.

There are some minor ranting so I will just put in spoiler. Feel free to skip because they're really not important

Spoiler

- When Derek and Dae Sik found Officer Park under the stairs, only one should stay with her while the other should immediately go after the escaping dentist. 

- When Han was under disguise meeting the CCman, why did he keep putting his hand to his earpiece? Urgh, anyone would see that he's communicating secretly... This is just like those cops who has to pull up the corner of their collar and whisper into the hidden mic... Like, how hidden can it be already when the gesture is announcing the presence of those devices.... LOL... nevermindme

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Eps 8

The case in hand is also pretty interesting and brings them closer to Circus Man.  Loved it more because  we got to see more of LKH. @ktcjdrama ya he's so good in this. I am wondering too if people with multiple personalities have such a reaction when they switch? To make it  easier for us to distinguish perhaps? How many personalities did he have? 

I was curious and read up a bit about DID

Spoiler

Despite the presence of distinct personalities, in many cases one primary identity exists. It uses the name the patient was born with and tends to be quiet, dependent, depressed and guilt-ridden. The alters have their own names and unique traits. They are distinguished by different temperaments, likes, dislikes, manners of expression and even physical characteristics such as posture and body language. It is not unusual for patients with DID to have alters of different genders, sexual orientations, ages, or nationalities. Typically, it takes just seconds for one personality to replace another but, in rarer instances, the shift can be gradual. In either case, the emergence of one personality, and the retreat of another, is often triggered by a stressful event.

Read more: http://www.minddisorders.com/Del-Fi/Dissociative-identity-disorder.html#ixzz71B3f7wuv

Whatever it is , that whole village that his grandfather built is creepy and disturbing. It is a cult of sorts that is using benevolence and charity as a cover for some terribly twisted things that are going on. The way they brainwash the residents with superstition & the way they "disciplined" the parents whose kids broke one of the exhibits are disturbing. I am not surprised Dong Bang Min grew up having this condition since DID can be caused by some sort of childhood trauma and Grandpa Dong seems a little bit of a nutcase. 

Spoiler

The primary cause of DID appears to be severe and prolonged trauma experienced during childhood. This trauma can be associated with emotional, physical or sexual abuse, or some combination. One theory is that young children, faced with a routine of torture, sexual abuse or neglect , dissociate themselves from their trauma by creating separate identities or personality states. A manufactured alter may suffer while the primary identity "escapes" the unbearable experience. Dissociation, which is easy for a young child to achieve, thus becomes a useful defense. This strategy displaces the suffering onto another identity. Over time, the child, who on average is around six years old at the time of the appearance of the first alter, may create many more.

Read more: http://www.minddisorders.com/Del-Fi/Dissociative-identity-disorder.html#ixzz71B61fLyB

Was sorry to see that Derek and his sister had such a bad stepfather.  So that's why he believed the school girl at the internet cafe when she said she was abused. Though she seems like a problematic teen , I think there could be some truth there despite her parents saying those scars are due to skin problems.

Anyway Woo Joo is proving his worth as a new member of the Golden Time Team. I was also surprised that Officer Park decides to switch to the dispatch team - her reasoning made sense as it is good training to be out in the field. And wasn't expecting a little bit of bickering bromance between Derek and Dae Sik. LOL!

• Clapping Hands 4

I am watching eps 9 ....oh gosh that dentist scene:pandascared: I practically feel the guy's pain!

I know @SilverMoonTea is fangirling hard over Derek , but like I was telling @Tofu on discord that I can't help but feel so happy seeing Dae Sik appear and have some decent screen time. My crush on him from S1 has been revived. Not a fan of the facial hair here though. 

Look how cute he was in S1

Voice-Baek_Sung_Hyun.jpg

By the way we have a chaebol special just for Miss Tea ( if you don't already know @SilverMoonTea is the top earner in JH...ahahah)

https://janghaven.com/membersshop/view/110-derek-chaebol-special/

• Haha 4

I am actually up to speed.

I am surprised that the original Dong BM is genuinely not aware of his alters .I know there's the gruff / violent one that was angry at Man Taek (sent by grandfather to look after him)  and MT seems to have been abusive towards Dong BM when he was young. There's also the female one that is linked to Kwan Joo. I don't know if there is a third one. The original Dong BM and grandfather truly thinks he is sleepwalking. And grandfather seems to have ignored some of the warning signs of Dong BM being violent in his childhood. There is really a lot strange things going in that village .

Hmm why was Kwan Joo disturbed when Derek whispered to Dong BM he will kill him himself? I was assuming it was just out of anger. But was there something in his voice she recognised. Also Dae Sik seems to be suffering from pain ...PTSD? I think he is still affected from what MTG did to him in S1... I hope he stays on to be a detective and not give up. Also , shouldn't Derek's time in SK be up soon?

Anyway , LKH is pretty awesome in this role. He's taken so many different types of roles since his breakout role in Prison Playbook. Very happy he took this one on too. I know I was supposed to fangirl over SSH ( and I can see why ) but I ended up looking forward to this more because of LKH and Baek Sung Hyun ( who plays Dae Sik) :smile:

By the way anyone caught the bit where Dae Sik was comforting Officer Park who felt bad she somewhat botched her 1st dispatch. And DS told her he used to get it a lot from Jin Hyuk the Mad Dog ( Jang Hyuk's character) ...throwback! (I even managed to find this gif I made then!)

Spoiler

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

I'm finally caught up! :cool:

I agreed with everyone that these personalities within Min seem like they are from severe PTSD that has manifested over the years. It seems like his grandfather knew something wasn't right with Min, but chose to ignore it. I want to know if these personalities are based on real people that died on the island, or the village. 

On 7/20/2021 at 12:09 PM, abs-oluteM said:

Whatever it is , that whole village that his grandfather built is creepy and disturbing. It is a cult of sorts that is using benevolence and charity as a cover for some terribly twisted things that are going on. The way they brainwash the residents with superstition & the way they "disciplined" the parents whose kids broke one of the exhibits are disturbing. I am not surprised Dong Bang Min grew up having this condition since DID can be caused by some sort of childhood trauma and Grandpa Dong seems a little bit of a nutcase. 

Yeah, I thought all these scenes at their village was so strange and kind of creepy. There's definitely something going on there and I'm excited to see what the squad uncovers. 

@ktcjdrama Hahaha! There were some scenes that bugged me too. In the hospital with Min, I thought they let him go very easily even after he assaulted a police officer. For Han, I agreed that he talked so much in the parking garage. :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

20210723-084231.jpg

Translatiion to english cr @ktcjdrama

Q: You've worked with Jang Hyuk and Lee Jin-wook before. What do you think is the personal unique charm of Song Seung-heon? 
A: (LHN) He's a really charming person. He has an unpredictable charm and very quick-witted. I've always heard that he is very gentle and a gentleman, but he is also witty. Personally, I think the biggest attraction of him is that he has very healthy/positive energy. 
SSH: That's right. I take pills and take vitamins seriously. 
LHN: I really can't learn that, the positive healthy energy. It's already his personal habit. I think that’s his biggest charm. Thank you!

@ktcjdramaCan help with this 2 more :

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRl55nqgj9c/?utm_medium=copy_link

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRl-J2fAV20/?utm_medium=copy_link

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, SilverMoonTea said:

SSH: That's right. I take pills and take vitamins seriously. 

ahahah I love his witty response here ! 

New stills...hope we will see the link btwn Dong BM and Kwan Joo soon

image_readtop_2021_709192_16270051774726

One for you @SilverMoonTea - stills credit Starship

2021072310075401621d3244b4fed18217218612

New daddy hard at work ...posted by his agency Sidus..he and his wife welcomed a baby girl in Oct 2020

1627001194670142.jpg

• Heart Eyes 3

4 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

@abs-oluteMfor u , I was lols when he want to share his sleeping pills. Well, it's not that I taken less seriously their PTSD issue. It's just kind of sweet of Daeshik. Hope we still have chance to see more of their interaction. 

I like their interactions too. 

Ooo have you seen this one?

New OST

• Like 3

@SilverMoonTea

Exclusive Interview (part 2-1)
Q: What do you think is the unique personal charm of Lee Ha-na?

A: (SSH): After shooting this drama, I felt that Lee Ha-na would not only look at one particular scene, but also observe the character's psychological state before that scene. In fact, during rehearsals, the actors would usually discuss this part with the director. She really thought very carefully about what the character was feeling in the previous scene. Is it appropriate to say this line in this situation? She looks into these details very much, and I am not saying this in derogatory sense. Although I am her senior in acting, seeing this I really admired her.
LHN: Thank you!

SSH: I was surprised to find that she's so obsessed with every detail and that she's been analyzing the character, that day when we were shooting in the center, yes, she'll make our shooting go longer, hahahaha~~ I'm kidding!

(Part 2-2)

SSH: Anyway, I think I've never met such a detail-oriented co-star, and I've learned a lot. Thank you!
No matter which project, we all prepare ourselves to blend into the plot. We will also watch similar genre of movies or dramas. If I were to name a particular preparation I made for this role, I think it's the English lines. I feel a little stressed because the language and pronunciation are not an ability that is easy to develop, so I should have done more homework on that. I regret it a little now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Just finished eps 11....

Nooooo is Dae Sik really taking on the bribe? I don't believe he would repeat the same mistake as S1...I hope he's doing this to trap the old man. And I have feeling why he fell asleep  or was groggy the way that Derek and Kang was , was because they have been drugged. That energy drink that they all had was spiked. So that's why they are all having hallucinations too. 

Talking about the old man, I am surprised that he is truly unaware of his grandson's DID. But it seems that one of DBM's expressions reminded him of someone. Is that DBM's father? I cannot remember if anything was mentioned about DBM's parents. Anyway , it is finally clear to me that DBM's original self has no idea about the rest of the personalities (alters) . Apart from Mr Angry and Kang's twin , there's a calm one that they are now trying to identify the link to. So how is Kang and DBM related? Did they really meet in childhood? 

Can't wait to see what eps 12 will bring. And please let's not have DaeSik walk down the same path like S1 again. :nervous:

This Naver article thinks DS is purposely throwing everyone off to catch the big fish

http://www.rpm9.com/news/article.html?id=20210724090003

I

Spoiler

In episode 11 of <Voice 4>, there is a double line that Shim Dae-sik can betray. Since Shim Dae-sik has already been branded as a corrupt police officer in Season 1, the direct double line that he will betray again may not be attractive in terms of storytelling. Of course, it may be the case in reality, but looking at the image of Shim Dae-sik newly built in season 4, it is likely not so.

In terms of reversal for reversal, the reason why Shim Dae-sik reacted to the betrayal proposal may be because of his choice to throw himself into the heart of the case. Shim Dae-sik's choices and actions may be his will to solve the case directly by temporarily deceiving both Sonam Village and the Golden Time Team.

If Shim Dae-shik played a dramatic role in rescuing a person in crisis until episode 11 of <Voice 4>, from episode 12, he could fall into that crisis. It feels like it is the author's affection for reviving Shim Dae-sik's character beautifully.

New stills

news_1627103003_1014999_m_1.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

I'll come back to write more thoughts later but I would like to take a moment to applaud Lee Kyu Hyung on what a phenomenal job he's doing as Dong Bang Min. I bought into every personalities even if I thought some of the transitions were not as great. :pandachamp:

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

@abs-oluteM The most violent personality is probably a character called Eom Seok-gu who died in 1997. In all likelihood he was killed by Kim Man-taek and Grandpa. I'd say that Min witnessed the whole thing. Like he witnessed everything else most probably which really screwed him up permanently. 

Grandpa is such a ... scoundrel. I cannot even begin to articulate what a horrible piece of trash he is. When you watch Episode 12, my word... he is such a sorry excuse of a human being. Min is a monster that he created and unleashed. What does Grandpa do? He keeps him hidden so that he can kill more people. 

Lee Kyu-hyung is undoubtedly brilliant with his execution of all the personalities.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2
  • Shocked 1

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.