Racket Boys 라켓소년단 [2021]

Racket Boys

E1LZke6UUAQG5EU?format=jpg&name=large

Spoiler

E1ovxKDVIAIZCKw?format=jpg&name=largeE0gUa7tVIAEjRUl?format=jpg&name=medium

Literal Title: 라켓少年團 (Racketsonyeondan )

Director: Jo Young Gwang

Writer: Jung Bo Hoon

Episodes: 16

Genre: Sports drama

Broadcast station: SBS

Online Streaming Site: Netflix

Schedule: 31 May - 9 August, 2021  (Mon - Tues)

Websites: Official Website | Naver | NamuWiki | Wikipedia | MyDramaList |

Plot Summary

A story of a boys' badminton team at a middle school in Haenam as they compete in a junior athletic competition. The 16 year old boys and girls in Haenam grow as people during this time.

Yoon Hyun-Jong (Kim Sang-Kyung) was once the best badminton player and he now takes the coach job of a boys' badminton team at a middle school in Haenam. The badminton team is on the verge of being disbanded. The players on the team are Yoon Hae-Kang (Tang Joon-Sang), Bang Yoon-Dam (Son Sang-Yeon), Na Woo-Chan (Choi Hyun-Wook) and Lee Yong-Tae (Kim Kang-Hoon). The players are not very good yet.

Meanwhile, Ra Young-Ja (Oh Na-Ra) is the coach of the girls’ badminton team at a different middle school in Haenam. Her badminton team ranks #1 among their peers (source: AsianWiki).

Casts

Character Chart

E2tUXu4VcAIEsfv?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 4
  • Party! 1
4 hours ago, SnowBlob said:

@mademoiselle tofu mentioned it to me the other day about the Racket Boys.. I ll check out the videos.. Are you going to watch this? Not sure how i feel about watching badminton drama :laugh: doesnt sound too appealing since it's not a team sport (apart from it having double categories :pandahehe:)

I will most definitely check it out. It might turn out to be another Hot Stove League kind of drama. Funny, motivating and filled with positive energy. There may be a bit of criticising if the actors are not acting well with "playing badminton" ~ hahaha. It's on Netflix so not gonna be too hard for me.

I'm summoning @ktcjdrama too even though she's already busy hahaha.

@abs-oluteM Who else would like this genre?

• Like 7
  • Party! 1

@mademoiselle let me know if it turns out like hot stove league then i'll def check it out. Although at this point of time i doubt it will be anything like that hahahahahahahahhah

I just realised i actually commented on the thread...i thought i was doing it on the K Ent Grapevine? 

Glad you opened the thread Madem!

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Currently watching: 1night2days s4; Arashi's Diary: Voyage; The Great Escape S4; The Soldiers

1 hour ago, SnowBlob said:

@mademoiselle let me know if it turns out like hot stove league then i'll def check it out. Although at this point of time i doubt it will be anything like that hahahahahahahahhah

I just realised i actually commented on the thread...i thought i was doing it on the K Ent Grapevine? 

Glad you opened the thread Madem!

LOL I quoted you and move the quote here since we have a thread now.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
9 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

@LaLa would you guys be watching this?

Hmm I think when it has released the first 2 or 4 episodes, I'll check it out. I read from news that the writer of this drama is the same one with Prison Playbook, so I'll give it a try. I do like watching badminton from time to time but I don't know whether I'll like a drama with sports theme or not. It has been awhile since I watched teenagers drama like this.. Probably the last one is school 2017 

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 1

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

Ahhh @40somethingahjumma @stroppyse not sure if you will be checking this one out , but it is written by the same person who wrote Prison Playbook. So am quite excited to watch this.

@LaLa I too have not watched many school / youth dramas ( last one being School 2017 as well) . Badminton (the other one is football) is such a big sport for us in Malaysia, and I do follow it, so I don't mind the sports aspect to it as well . 1st time I am seeing badminton though in kdrama. Normally most SK shows like baseball. Quite unique.

• Like 6

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

Ahhh @40somethingahjumma @stroppyse not sure if you will be checking this one out , but it is written by the same person who wrote Prison Playbook. So am quite excited to watch this.

@LaLa I too have not watched many school / youth dramas ( last one being School 2017 as well) . Badminton (the other one is football) is such a big sport for us in Malaysia, and I do follow it, so I don't mind the sports aspect to it as well . 1st time I am seeing badminton though in kdrama. Normally most SK shows like baseball. Quite unique.

Oooh, badminton! I haven't played since uni days. I'll have to check it out to see how I feel. I haven't been into youth dramas that much lately.

• Like 5

I always say I don't like sports dramas, but then I realised a whole bunch of dramas I like ARE sports dramas....so now I know I don't like sports, but I like sports dramas :smile:

Also I came here for Tang Jun Sang and that fact that some people have likened this to Hot Stove League (but more funny youth version). I'm a bit behind in almost all my dramas, so might not start immediately!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

30 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Yo @Chocolate do you think this is your cuppa kind of drama? :laugh:

Hahaha!

I looked at the poster and I would say No.

Then I read the synopsis and, I think I should watch Hot Stove League first if I wanted to watch this genre.

Then the trailer - oh it's quite funny 😆

Will try 2 episodes. But no promises because your taste and mine usually at opposite ends 😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
21 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

Hahaha!

I looked at the poster and I would say No.

Then I read the synopsis and, I think I should watch Hot Stove League first if I wanted to watch this genre.

Then the trailer - oh it's quite funny 😆

Will try 2 episodes. But no promises because your taste and mine usually at opposite ends 😅

Hot Stove League was really good. I wasn't interested either (didn't watch it live) but then once I started I couldn't put it down. Like you, I wasn't interested until I saw the trailer. This writer wrote Prison Playbook, which is a drama a fair few of us held high opinion of hence I'm giving it a try too and badminton is a familiar sport for me.

LOLLL not entirely the opposite ends since we did meet in other drama threads (Mr. Queen, Mouse, Vincenzo, Taxi Driver) except you're more drawn to makjang which I avoid (Penthouse, Mine).

• Like 1
  • Haha 2