Introduction

Day Day Up (天天向上;Tiāntiān xiàngshàng) is a popular Chinese talk show broadcast on Hunan Television since 4 August 2008.
The show is co-hosted by Wang Han (汪涵), Da Zhangwei (大张伟), Qian Feng (钱枫), Wang Yibo (王一博). 
It has drawn great attention from the public, especially student groups and other young people for its humor, style, and the public figures who appear as guests.

The Chinese title of the show "tiāntiān xiàngshàng" (天天向上) was inspired from a Chinese idiom coined by Mao Zedong, "study hard and make progress every day" (好好学习,天天向上; hǎohào xuéxí, tiāntiān xiàngshàng) which is literally translated as "good study, day by day up".

The talk show was created by the original team behind "More Talk More Happiness" (越策越开心). 
The reason behind the creation of Day Day Up was that with the 'decline of traditional virtues and etiquette' in China leading up to the 21st Century, the show would play an active role in conveying traditional Chinese values to viewers.
This would allow people to enjoy learning about Chinese traditions, especially of the arrival of the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games around the time of the show's release. It employs both the young and the old for its humorous hosts in order to convey Chinese traditional values.

• Like 1

The Hosts

Wang Han 汪涵
2008.08.04 - present
Wang Han graduated from Hunan Radio Television College in 1996 and has worked for the Hunan Broadcasting System, the company responsible for Day Day Up, for over 20 years now. He is the lead host on this program.

Qian Feng 钱枫
2008.08.04 - present
Qian Feng has hosted several other variety shows in China over the years and has also started in a couple of different dramas as both supporting and leading roles. 

Da Zhangwei 大张伟
2016.04.29 - present
Da Zhang Wei had quite a successful music career before joining the cast of Day Day Up. He was a member of China’s first teen band, The Flowers, from 1999 until 2009 when the band disbanded. Since then, he has enjoyed a successful solo career.

Wang Yibo 王一博
2016.04.29 - present

WangYibo was selected after TianTian xiongdi [Day Day Up Little brother] selection in 2016.
As the youngest, he doesn't talk much as his part on the program is to acts on the performance activates with guests, such as dancing, singing, and other sports activities.

• Like 2

Hi........ 

To be honest,, I was confused how should i start this thread...

Until i re-watch this episode again... 

This is an episode cut sharing us the process of making the new opening song 天天兄弟 in 2018. 

And when they finally sang the song, the program invited the past DDU hosts as well.

This is a touching episode. 

@themarchioness

• Like 2
21 hours ago, Lynne said:

And when they finally sang the song, the program invited the past DDU hosts as well.

This is a touching episode. 

It’s moments like these that are truly the heart of the show. The love and brotherhood that the hosts share is truly what keeps me coming back. That’s why the first half of this episode is a special favorite of mine. I love that they went away together, even if it was just for a night, and that they had that time to bond and hang out. Wish we could get more episodes like that! 

DDU can be a bit of a mixed bag sometimes... a lot of times it’s like watching an entire episode for the Easter egg moments of hilarity... but there are some really entertaining episodes too. I’ll try to share some more favorite episodes of mine. Just wish more of them were subbed! Anyway, thanks for starting this topic and for the tag, @Lynne!

• Like 2

My Fanfics

Descendants of the Sun • A Love So Beautiful • Le Coupe de Foudre • Gank Your Heart • Go Ahead • Legend of Fei

Here’s an episode where Yibo’s friends come to visit! Better be careful when you invite people who know you well, haha! 

Here’s a subbed excerpt from this episode focusing on the part with Yibo’s fellow Uniq members and Yuehua labelmate:

Spoiler

This is the episode referenced in the above excerpt where Yibo and Song Zuer were once sent on a trip together and well... lol. That’s all I’ll say. 

Spoiler

Edited by themarchioness
  • Like 1

My Fanfics

Descendants of the Sun • A Love So Beautiful • Le Coupe de Foudre • Gank Your Heart • Go Ahead • Legend of Fei

Two classic episodes highlighting how Yibo handles women and relationships... 😂😅🤣

[The above episode also includes Yibo’s motorcycle racing story!]

For eng subs of Yibo’s Blind Date cut: 

Spoiler

• Like 1

My Fanfics

If we’re going to talk about DDU and its ❤️ we can’t leave out this moment from 2020 when Yibo kept a promise to a nurse, a fan of his, who’d been on the frontlines of fighting Covid. It’ll bring you to tears! 

Subbed video link under the cut:

Edited by themarchioness
  • Haha 2

My Fanfics

• 3 weeks later...

@themarchioness Not gonna lie.. I tear up at that part.....

Remembering that Yibo joins DDU in the period where he was still so young, his group job is scarce due to Halyu ban.. and the other members get their own individual jobs while he didn't....Then he got DDU. One of the fans repo says that When old fans then went to fetch him off work, at the airport he'd happily told them: “ I have a job now! “ [2016]

I believe the brothers knows and felt more about Yibo growth more than we do. Their brotherhood bond are really strong.... and heartwarming to watch... :cry:

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...