A Gentleman and A Young Lady [2022]

On 2/23/2022 at 2:08 AM, stroppyse said:

Still think that Gun is waaaay too good for SRa,

Same here, he deserves a better woman.

Some Kang Eun Tak photos 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CaPo6uPJf2x/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

all that Sara does is to cause this nice guy to tear up. This is disappointing. I no longer watch.

Edited by Nohamahmoud2002
  • Like 2

Urgh!!! I watched raw 15 minutes in, and I'm fuming with anger... Sara is really such awful horrible person. Even seeing how upset Jenny and Se Chan were, she still continues with her lies. Granted they didn't show her with a smug face, but I still cannot stand it. And then it's unbelievable how stupid YG and DD are. Or maybe they're too saintly to consider that this could be a scam. For a CEO of a big group like FT, YG is really not smart at all. He couldn't think of questioning the pregnancy? It's only one woman's word against the whole world. He could've at least negotiated things with Sara, like a DNA test. And then DD. The moment she heard of the confirmation of Sara's pregnancy, the first thing she did was to break up, again.... I stopped watching for now. So tiring.... Will wait till more episodes so I can skip-watching again.

• Like 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

5 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I stopped watching for now. So tiring.... Will wait till more episodes so I can skip-watching again.

Me, too. I fast forwarded through it all pretty much, and thought it was all really stupid. SRa for still being evil and stupid enough to try to leverage a marriage to YG. YG for not even being suspicious enough about SRa to actually ask for a DNA test, and to let himself be played for a fool so often by SRa. How the heck does he run a conglomerate when he's so gullible and stupid? DD for not believing in YG enough to stand by him. Even if the baby had been YG's, it doesn't mean that YG has to be with SRa or marry her or anything. The only saving grace to this stupid story line would have been if YG and DD had held firm as a team to withstand whatever comes, but they crumble at the slightest provocation. YG and DD shouldn't be together. So little trust between them, and there is no reason for them to be a couple.

I'm even mad at Gun for still wanting to be with SRa, even knowing that she's probably trying to pass off his baby as YG's in a ploy to be with YG instead. I just want to slap Gun and tell him to man up already and let the gold digger go since he knows that he doesn't have enough gold to please SRa anyway. How many times does she have to tell him that she doesn't want to be with him already.

I'm really tired of the stupidity and the lazy writing at this stage. What's the point of watching when it's all so irritating, and causes me to want everyone to just stay single and miserable in their own lives. They're all miserable people anyway. Seriously, aside from the 3 children Jaeni, Sechan, and Sejong, there is no joy left in this drama. And even they are all going to be scarred by the stupid adults in their lives anyway, regardless of having been raised privileged or perhaps especially because of being raised to be privileged.

• Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
On 3/5/2022 at 10:32 AM, ktcjdrama said:

Can you tell us what is the gist of this video? It seems like a theory that Sara might not be Se Jong's birth mother? Oh, please let this be true... 

A new actress Oh Seung Ah may be joining this drama in its final episodes, and the video speculates on what her role will be. It's thought that she could be the younger version of one of the mature actresses, for instance Wang Dae Ran (SRyeong's mother) since they both have very big eyes. Or the new actress might be the true birth mother for Se Jong, and that SRa had been mistaken all this time in thinking that SJ was her son when he wasn't. The video speculates that would make for a refreshing twist since SRa's actions presumably for SJ has been frustrating to watch. It would devastate SRa to realize that she had been watching over another's child while her child was left all alone to fend for himself.

I hadn't really thought of that, but that would be a cool turn of events, especially since the preview seems to show SJ's presumed birth father to be trying to jump onto the gravy wagon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 3/13/2022 at 10:21 AM, Nohamahmoud2002 said:

Many people left the threads here and elsewhere 

:lmao2:

It's true! As the drama started going seriously cray-cray, it's become not as fun to watch. I'm still watching, but fast forwarding a lot as well.

I'm glad that YG finally has all of his memories back, but then to reject DD like that because it's better for her to not be with him.

DD's father still annoys the heck out of me. How can his only instinct be to lie to his daughter all the time "for her sake"? Plus, he keeps telling DD lies where everyone knows the truth except DD! He has actually come across as being rather stupid, and I'm having new found appreciation for why Anna Kim had decided that she couldn't live with him. I'm seriously not sure that I could live with someone that stupid either, though I would have taken my baby with me when I left.

Haven't watched the latest episodes yet, but given that it's nearing the end, could the OTP stop playing games? They are both fully grown adults, and (finally) fully aware of their relationship and history. They can decide to be together, or just give it up already. DD can go be a volunteer in an underserved area somewhere to come to terms with all the people who loved her and showed their love by lying to her. YG can go be a miserable man until he finally marries an acceptable woman who wants to be a chaebol wife and won't treat his kids too horribly.

Btw, did YG take care of SJ's birth father by simply threatening him or something? I guess when it's the end of the drama, you can put in a quick scene to take care of leftover elements.

Still tired of Secretary Jo and fast forwarding through pretty much all of her scenes. It's good that her mother finally went to jail. At least, the mother doesn't have to worry about where she is going to live for awhile. Plus, given that her daughter will have had 2 babies by 2 different baby daddies, perhaps they can give up this idea that she can get married well.

Unfortunately, it looks as if Gun is going to step up to take care of Secretary Jo and his child. Gun not only deserves better, but Secretary Jo is basically poison. Since this is a kdrama, perhaps they will end up together, and Secretary Jo will be forgiven for the sake of the baby. But seriously, in RL, Gun could claim his child, and Secretary Jo should be sent off to do her damage elsewhere.

• Like 1

Wow, it's a total cryfest now. sigh. However, the drama did actually make me feel sympathy for DB's mother finally. Their marriage was one of necessity rather than of love, but to have it thrown in her face like that with SC going off to take care of Anna Kim even under threat of a divorce really drives the point home that Anna was SC's first and perhaps only true love.

SC clearly got the job done as a father and husband in terms of working to provide for the family, even if hit by bad luck after bad luck, mostly at the hands of his wife and family, however, he doesn't seem to have shown her much love or affection.

To be honest, I still don't have a lot of sympathy for Anna Kim. She made her choices, considering only her own desires, and now that she's attained what she wanted, she learned too late that she has no family around her, so she tries to regain the family that she had thrown aside in her youth.

Not having much joy at the end of her life might elicit some pity, but that's probably as far as it goes.

DR made an interesting choice between being able to live in the family home but with a living stipend reduced by 50% or getting a place of her own with her stipend intact. As she said, all she has is being the "wife" even if not legally of YG's father, so she'll take the reduced stipend in order to keep her place in the household.

I was actually happy to see the scene between DR and Secretary Jo's mother. Now that DR is feeling more secure and looking to get any of her gold bars back, she needed some reminding that she had taken another woman's husband in order to gain what she had gotten.

Now that YG and DD are together finally and there are only 2 episodes left, I assume that there won't be further objections raised. The two primary people objecting were Jenni who seems to have clued in that at least DD loves her father and them for themselves rather than for their money or status, and DD's father who has troubles of her own.

And as cold as this may seem, I also don't have a lot of sympathy for SC still. Mostly, I think I don't care. I'm not sure what his reasons are for keeping things secret and all, other than that he's actual a closet drama queen.

• Like 1

I have not watched the recent episodes, only been reading comments here and there. Well, at least it's a happy ending!!

The epilogue (because the writer wasted too much time on Sara and Amnesia 2.0, lol)

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Haha 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

11 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I have not watched the recent episodes, only been reading comments here and there. Well, at least it's a happy ending!!

The extension episodes really tried to drag out the tears, and focused on Anna Kim dying and SRa cutting ties with her mother in prison as she figures out what to do next. I fast forwarded through it all basically.

7 hours ago, Nohamahmoud2002 said:

I felt sorry at the ending of Gun and Sara. Despite her crimes, there was chemistry between her and Gun.

There was chemistry there, but I agreed with this ending to their relationship. Given everything SRa has done, there is no way that Gun and SRa could be together. If the baby had been born, then Gun and SRa would probably have tried to be together anyway, but it would have meant huge stress for Gun being separated from his family. SRa would also become DD's aunt which would have been a nightmare for everyone involved.

Anyway, I think this drama had a decent start, but got weaker and weaker towards the end, and the final episodes really weren't worth watching.

YG's "band" with his kids as he sang Lee Seung Gi's "Will You Marry Me" was cute though. Nice proposal, incorporating the kids as well.

• Like 2