A Gentleman and A Young Lady [2022]

YG was quite impulsive in firing DD on the spot like that... makes me wonder how he does so well in his business. 

As expected, it doesn't take long before DD was requested back at the house. But I didn't like the bit that he yelled at her for working at the restaurant doing the dishes. What did he expect her to do after being fired? Of course she needed to find a job and make a living!

I kinda like the way Anna Kim is trying to make it up to DD for the lost time. It was wrong of her to leave her when she was just a newborn baby, but I think Anna Kim is quite sincere now. Will see what's going to happen when DD finally find out the truth. One thing I am confused about is that since DD was a baby when she got a stepmother, I wonder who told her that her mother is actually not her birth mother. I mean, as a little baby, she would never know if no one mentioned it, right? 

It's hilarious and I laughed at YG's mother (stepmother?) and SaRa already acknowledging each other as MIL and DIL. How immature can these two women be doing so, when the man in question himself has no idea at all and might not even be agreeable with the arrangement... :lmao2:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Kidnapping // Dog Day // Lovers // Vote

18 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

One thing I am confused about is that since DD was a baby when she got a stepmother, I wonder who told her that her mother is actually not her birth mother. I mean, as a little baby, she would never know if no one mentioned it, right? 

I don't think they made a secret out of the stepmother being a stepmother. Especially with DB being a toddler, and everyone in the neighborhood knowing that the stepmother was a single mother before she got married, it would have taken concerted effort to not let DD know that she had a stepmother rather than a birth mother.

I do like the speed of the reveals in this drama. I'm glad that DD confessed who she really was to YG rather than hiding it for much longer.

21 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

It's hilarious and I laughed at YG's mother (stepmother?) and SaRa already acknowledging each other as MIL and DIL. How immature can these two women be doing so, when the man in question himself has no idea at all and might not even be agreeable with the arrangement...

I'm at the point where I feel sorry for SR and her delusions of becoming YG's wife. If it hasn't happened in all those years that she's been trying to integrate herself into the family without success, and yet she still continues to harbor ideas of somehow doing so.

The thing that makes me not sorry for her, though, is Se Jong. Given that this is a k-drama, I assume that SJ will have to some day find out that Secretary Jo is his birth mother and that he may have to go live with her instead. However, he's such a little boy, and right now he's so secure in his father and his older siblings, that ripping all that away from him seems like pure meanness. SR chose to give up her son so that he can be raised by a rich family. SR's mother is a selfish person herself. So, the thought of SJ having to be with them rather than YG and his siblings is causing me serious consternation.

2 hours ago, Nohamahmoud2002 said:

I am a fan of Kang Eun Tak. He is hilarious here, I hope he gets more scenes,,😀

Yes, he is pretty funny. I wonder how he managed to lose all that money 5 years ago which meant that he, his mother, an Mi Rim had to flee the country. Anyway, so far, Gun has been a voice of (relative) reason in that crazy, greedy, leechy step family.

• Clapping Hands 2
  • Party! 1
1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

I'm at the point where I feel sorry for SR and her delusions of becoming YG's wife. If it hasn't happened in all those years that she's been trying to integrate herself into the family without success, and yet she still continues to harbor ideas of somehow doing so.

Exactly my thoughts too...

Anyway, so far, Gun has been a voice of (relative) reason in that crazy, greedy, leechy step family.

Yes, I am actually surprised with this aspect of his character. After hearing stories about how he lost the money and disappeared, I had thought he would be another headache to watch on screen.

• Like 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Se Jong crying is making me cry. :PiplupCry: How can he be such an accomplished actor already? Woo Jin actually reminds me a bit of Yoo Seung Ho when YSH was a child actor. Completely impressive even in their young ages.

54 minutes ago, Nohamahmoud2002 said:

The only way out for SJ to be with Dan Dan and Sara at the same time, is by Sara marrying Gun and staying in the villa together with Dan Dan and YG. I know it sounds crazy but I can't see any other way out lol.

I guess. Since YG doesn't realize that SR is conniving to be his wife, perhaps that could work. However, I'm starting to think that Gun is too good a person for SR? He may be terrible at business, but there does not seem to be a duplicitous bone to him.

2 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Yes, I am actually surprised with this aspect of his character. After hearing stories about how he lost the money and disappeared, I had thought he would be another headache to watch on screen.

Right? It's a nice surprise that he's not totally greedy and lazy.

• Like 2

So from the preview, about the B/W photograph of a little boy, who in DD’s family could be the long lost little brother of Guk Hee’s noona? Could it be Gun? Or Da Beum’s birth father? I doubt it is DD’s father... I forgot what had happened to Da Beum’s father. 😅 how complicated this web of relationship going to be...

• Like 2

MTDzeiV.gif

34 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

I forgot what had happened to Da Beum’s father.

I don't think they ever said what happened to DB's father. Just that his mother was a single mother before she married DD's father.

I'm glad that everything has been cleared up, and YG is no longer under any misunderstandings about DD and her family, including DB. I guess it's setting it up so DB and SR are together, but I think they need to be separate for the time being. DB actually has to mature some and make something of himself. SR also has to mature rather than having it be about wasting time all the time. She's 36 already, so long past time that she actually did something other than shopping and clubbing.

I have to guess that DB and Gun are going to succeed with their food truck. Having been burned before in trying to get rich quickly, hopefully, the guys will put the work in to make their truck a success.

11 hours ago, Nohamahmoud2002 said:

Another scene I found so comic is Gun grilling meat at the restaurant and the women admiring his looks and strong arms lol. The owner employed him right away

That was pretty hilarious. Though, it got awkward fast when the restaurant owner started coming onto him. LOL

I know it's still pretty early days, so who knows how this story will progress, but SR is just totally getting on my nerves with how sneaky she is trying to be in "inserting" herself into the family. She's clearly going to be one of those 2nd FLs with no boundaries about what she wants. Her mother is pretty annoying as well.

• Like 3

I have to guess that DB and Gun are going to succeed with their food truck. Having been burned before in trying to get rich quickly, hopefully, the guys will put the work in to make their truck a success.

Yes I am rooting for their success!

She's clearly going to be one of those 2nd FLs with no boundaries about what she wants. Her mother is pretty annoying as well.

And now she has the support of YG’s stepmother too. 

Seems like we’re going to be served the amnesia card for YG @stroppyse 😓 Let’s see how it’s done. 

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 2

MTDzeiV.gif

I want DB's food truck to become a success only because he really seems to want to work hard. I have to admit that in the first few episodes, I was not a fan of him because he seemed like a lazy bum but now I actually quite like him. I like that he genuinely cares for DD and even left home when she left home because he felt bad about what he had done. I also like the fact that he wanted to break up with Se Ryun because he wanted to earn money first to help the family and be worthy of her. I have to say it took a lot of effort on his part to keep on rejecting Se Ryun out of principle and I quite admire that.

As for Se Ryun, I appreciate the fact that she was able to realize that DB was sincere toward her despite initially believing that he intentionally approached her to take advantage of her. I do think though that just like DB is working hard to improve himself, Se Ryun, too, should grow up and learn to be a responsible adult. I think she needs to do that in order to gain the approval of both her mom and YG.

The one positive thing that came out of Se Ryun's impromptu visit to DB's home is that it actually helped to clear up the misunderstanding between the 2 families. Now it's clear to everyone that it's Se Ryun chasing DB and not the other way around. I like, too, that YG made it a point to apologize to DD's father once the misunderstandings have been cleared up. 

This is the first K weekend drama I've watched and I feel like it's moving pretty quickly for only having 10 episodes. The misunderstandings have been cleared (thankfully!) and it looks like YG and DD are starting to get closer and closer. It might not be romantic yet but they are beginning to appreciate each other. 

I find Sarah annoying and honestly don't understand how she thinks she can win YG's heart now when he hasn't seen her beyond anything besides an employee all these years. I can understand that she wants to be close to Se Jong as he is her child but she only wants to be with YG for selfish reasons. Besides Se Jong, I don't think she truly cares for the other two children.

I am curious who the missing brother is... could it be DD's father? I don't think it's been revealed where he comes from.

Although I really hated DD's mom for abandoning them in the first episode, I can't help but be glad she's here now and is able to help DD. 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

spacer.pngCurrently watching: Law Cafe, Love in Contract, Mr. Bad, Cheer Up!

8 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

And now she has the support of YG’s stepmother too. 

Yes, and she's annoying as well.

1 hour ago, Mouse said:

The one positive thing that came out of Se Ryun's impromptu visit to DB's home is that it actually helped to clear up the misunderstanding between the 2 families. Now it's clear to everyone that it's Se Ryun chasing DB and not the other way around.

I agree with your comments about DB and SR, and their relationship is starting to grow on me. They're both just really, really immature. They are not mean or petty or anything like that.

And, yes, it's good that the misunderstanding has been cleared up about SR and DB, however, DD's family were all at YG's house when they shouldn't have been, including the stepmother trying to actually live there. I'm still not liking how opportunistic DB's family is. Thankfully, Gun and MR seem to be reasonable people thus far, and DB is developing into a reasonable person.

1 hour ago, Mouse said:

This is the first K weekend drama I've watched and I feel like it's moving pretty quickly for only having 10 episodes.

Yes, this drama has been very quick with the set-ups and resolutions thus far. I just hope that it can keep up the pace rather than dragging out long, makjang elements later.

1 hour ago, Mouse said:

I find Sarah annoying and honestly don't understand how she thinks she can win YG's heart now when he hasn't seen her beyond anything besides an employee all these years.

Yes. Annoying.

1 hour ago, Mouse said:

I can understand that she wants to be close to Se Jong as he is her child but she only wants to be with YG for selfish reasons. Besides Se Jong, I don't think she truly cares for the other two children.

Also, yes. She seems to find the other kids troublesome rather than desirable.

I think that SR is under no illusion that YG likes her as a woman. Rather, her plan seems to be to make herself so indispensable to the family and to make herself a de facto mother to SJ so that YG decides to make her a part of the family. She's also jealousy guarding her territory against any other potentially eligible women. She obviously does not know anything about men, given that her boyfriend abandoned her to marry another woman after impregnating her, and now she is trying to get another man by being the only woman around him.

I just feel so badly for Se Jong. She's clearly trying to manipulate him since he's young and a good kid who doesn't want to hurt other people's feelings.

1 hour ago, Mouse said:

I am curious who the missing brother is... could it be DD's father? I don't think it's been revealed where he comes from.

Oooh. I had not thought of that, but we don't really have much of a back story on DD's father as yet. That would be an interesting twist.

As for DD's mother, I guess we don't really have her complete back story yet as well. It's odd that she abandoned DD and her father so coldly, but then she peeped at them later. Part of it is probably regret at leaving them, especially her daughter, but I'm curious what the reason was that she did so. It can't just have been her ambitions as a designer. Given the way the character is being set up, I wonder if there were other extenuating circumstances which necessitated her departure?

• Like 3
4 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I just feel so badly for Se Jong. She's clearly trying to manipulate him since he's young and a good kid who doesn't want to hurt other people's feelings.

Yes! I also feel bad for Se Jong because he is caught in the middle of all this. I do hope that when it comes to, she'll be willing to make sacrifices for Se Jong's benefit. 

4 hours ago, stroppyse said:

As for DD's mother, I guess we don't really have her complete back story yet as well. It's odd that she abandoned DD and her father so coldly, but then she peeped at them later. Part of it is probably regret at leaving them, especially her daughter, but I'm curious what the reason was that she did so. It can't just have been her ambitions as a designer. Given the way the character is being set up, I wonder if there were other extenuating circumstances which necessitated her departure?

I am curious about this as well. Present CEO Anna does not seem like the type that would just abandon her child. But then again, maybe she's grown since and maybe in her younger years, she wasn't prepared for the sacrifices of motherhood. Perhaps she wanted to pursue her dreams in order to provide her daughter a better life but couldn't find a way to do that and be a mother too? I guess we'll have to wait and see how the rest of it pans out.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Mouse said:

I am curious about this as well. Present CEO Anna does not seem like the type that would just abandon her child. But then again, maybe she's grown since and maybe in her younger years, she wasn't prepared for the sacrifices of motherhood. Perhaps she wanted to pursue her dreams in order to provide her daughter a better life but couldn't find a way to do that and be a mother too? I guess we'll have to wait and see how the rest of it pans out.

That's true. She could have just been very ambitious when she was younger, then regretted her actions, but DD's father had already moved on to DB's mother by then.

• Like 3
7 hours ago, Mouse said:

Is there supposed to be an amnesia arc in this one?

Apparently yes...

https://kbsworld.kbs.co.kr/program/view.php?pg_seq=1663

11 hours ago, Nohamahmoud2002 said:

I don't feel comfortable with the amnesia story.

I don't either, because it usually is dragged on and used unnecessarily. But when it's done in the right proportion. I won't mind too much. 

• Like 3

MTDzeiV.gif

6 hours ago, Nohamahmoud2002 said:

Sara will use it to convince YG that they had a secret relationship, acc. to KBSWORLD description.

Oh no! That's so devious. I really, really don't like SR, and I don't think Gun should have to deal with her either.

10 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Arrgghhh! Just read the descriptions on this link. So Gun is really going to fall in love with SR? Really? Poor Gun.

Then again, I guess since SR is SJ's birth mother, she has to be rehabilitated.

• Like 3

Hopefully the amnesia will be short because I cannot stand Jo Sara. I’m hoping that even with Sara lying to him that he doesn’t become affectionate with her. I don’t think I’ll be able to stomach it. Lol

Based on the descriptions though, despite Sara lying to him, he seems to still notice and fall for DD. 

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Mouse said:

Hopefully the amnesia will be short because I cannot stand Jo Sara. I’m hoping that even with Sara lying to him that he doesn’t become affectionate with her. I don’t think I’ll be able to stomach it. Lol

Based on the descriptions though, despite Sara lying to him, he seems to still notice and fall for DD. 

Totally agree on your points.

I don't think YG will fall for it either. Plus, it would be so unlike him to be with another woman when he was so in love with his wife.

• Like 3