A Gentleman and A Young Lady [2022]

1 hour ago, Nohamahmoud2002 said:

I think Sara's photos are daydreaming.

There was already a scene of where she was daydreaming walking down the aisle, well, more like the garden, getting married to YG. I think it was after his mother confirmed she wants her a as a DIL. She was wearing that same dress. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Kidnapping // Dog Day // Lovers // Vote

36 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

There was already a scene of where she was daydreaming walking down the aisle, well, more like the garden, getting married to YG. I think it was after his mother confirmed she wants her a as a DIL. She was wearing that same dress. 

The mother is another troublemaker. She also screams with a shrill screeching voice. 

• Like 3

Ep 11 was really cute and I’m glad to see YG and DD get closer together.

I have to say I am pleasantly surprised that YG and DD found out they’ve met before, this early on in the drama. But it make sense to reveal this now because I think it will help develop a closeness between them and break down walls because it gives them a sense of familiarity with each other.  In a way, it helps them see each other in a new light.

I think what has endeared DD to YG in such a short period of time is her genuine love and care for his children. Unlike Sara, DD is more concerned about the children than anything else while Sara is using them simply as a means to an end. 

The children is what YG and DD share in common. 

So it looks like I was right in that DD’s father might be the lost brother. I wonder how this is going to impact all of them.

as for Se Ryun and Dae Bom, I actually felt sorry for them in this episode. Here’s two people who genuinely like each other but can’t be together due to their difference in status. The part where Dae Bom tells Se Ryun that he sells meat sticks for $4 and will never be able to afford an apartment like the one she’s living in was such a cold reality. It goes to show that DB is aware of his inability to provide SR the lifestyle she is used to. Se Ryun’s response was disappointing when she tells him he doesn’t even have to work because she would provide for them. It goes to show how immature she still is. It would have been better for her to say that she admires him for his hard work and that she doesn’t expect him to give her the same lifestyle but to try his best in whatever he chooses to do. I think DB is trying to give it his best for his own dignity so that he has something to show for himself. Se Ryun doesn’t even seem to be working for her money and is likely benefiting from YG. 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

spacer.pngCurrently watching: Law Cafe, Love in Contract, Mr. Bad, Cheer Up!

1 hour ago, Mouse said:

I have to say I am pleasantly surprised that YG and DD found out they’ve met before, this early on in the drama.

I enjoyed ep.11 too. I think their feelings for each other would be established quite early, and then the major plot of the remaining episode is of them overcoming all the separation attempts by people around them, including the amnesia card.

2 hours ago, Mouse said:

Se Ryun and Dae Bom

I am actually quite invested in the development of their arc. Both have a lot of maturing to do, and I like seeing that because of their love, they have found that motivation to grow themselves. I was not surprised with SR's answer because money has always come easy for her. I am happy to see that DB has the pride not to live off her, but make something of himself. And just a random thought, I think the actress of SR is really pretty. 

• Like 4

MTDzeiV.gif

I am trying to avoid the provocative scenes. The elders in this drama are a nightmare.

Although I like Dan Dan and YG scenes and Sejung, but they are not enough to keep me watching. So I will just stick to Gun's comic scenes lol. He is the only reason that keeps me watching.

takhome816-p-CVq-A-Wb-JIDS-5.jpg

This smile ,💞💞

Edited by Nohamahmoud2002
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

It was another good episode. Se Chan is the MVP in this episode. Smart boy... SPOILERS AHEAD....

He saw his grandmother plant the diamond necklace in DD's room, but he claimed that he was the one who found it and put it there because he doesn't want to out his grandmother after all. Later on, he "punished" the grandma by putting snake toys under her blanket. He did come clean with YG though that the reason he lied earlier was because he doesn't want grandma to be ashamed, but his heart couldn't just let his grandma off like that, thus the snake toys. Shameless Sara even had the audacity to lecture him on how lying is so wrong. Tsk, tsk, tsk... who is the adult here?? This part about Se Chan is one of the best scenes today. I teared up when Se Chan was telling YG what's in his mind. I want to hug him.

Another scene I teared up was the reunion of DD's father with his sister. It was a touching scene to see them reunited. His noona is quick to take favour on DB though, keep saying he looks like his father. If only she knew, lol... She didn't really pay much attention to DD. 

And.... we have a confession!!... albeit a drunken one, haha...

LOL at the preview for next week. The grandma is going to keep the pretence of being senile so that she can continue to "torture" DD into leaving the family without having to be held responsible for her ridiculous actions. 

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 3

MTDzeiV.gif

The pacing of this drama is fast, which I totally appreciate. It's nice that DD and YG realized that they had met each other before.

On 10/30/2021 at 8:54 PM, Mouse said:

I think what has endeared DD to YG in such a short period of time is her genuine love and care for his children. Unlike Sara, DD is more concerned about the children than anything else while Sara is using them simply as a means to an end. 

I totally agree! DD loves and cares for his children, and is constantly thinking of them and ways to improve their relationship with their father as well.

So it looks like I was right in that DD’s father might be the lost brother. I wonder how this is going to impact all of them.

Nice call! I think it's hilarious that the father's sister likes DB, probably because he's a good looking "son" of her brother. I also wonder whether her sister, YG's friend, is coming back to this drama?

as for Se Ryun and Dae Bom

I think that they both have a lot of growing up to do. Neither SR nor DB has ever worked for a living to support themselves. SR is still only thinking of herself and is also not realistic, thinking that DB would be willing to leave behind his family and everything he knows to run off with her. Though, honestly, even if they ran off together, once YG cuts off her funds, then she would have nothing and would have to come home anyway.

DB is at least trying to earn himself a living, understanding that he doesn't want to just be a leech off anyone any longer. While it's clear that he cares for SR, he also understands that he can't provide for her at all right now, much less in the style that she is used to. And, he's seen for himself how quickly that support can leave him with nothing, not even the clothing on his back if that support is withdrawn from him for any reason. I'm pretty confident that DB and SR will be together again, but they both need to go through some hard times before they should be with each other, or anyone else for that matter.

As for Kang Eun Tak who plays Gun, I do like him in this drama. He's been doing primarily daily dramas for the past decade. I wonder if he's decided to switch it up by doing a weekend drama which tends to be higher profile dramas versus daily dramas.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2
57 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Nice call! I think it's hilarious that the father's sister likes DB, probably because he's a good looking "son" of her brother. I also wonder whether her sister, YG's friend, is coming back to this drama?

It also doesn’t look like DD’s father’s sister knows yet that DD is the tutor for YG. This certainly complicates things for her because she knows her sister likes YG and so does Sara who is also close to her. I wonder who she will eventually support. Lol

The part where Sara reprimands Se Chan was so frustrating to watch but I’m glad Se Chan was smart enough to handle the situation. I love that he chose to lie to protect both DD and his grandma but still punished his grandma to deter her from doing the same thing later on. 

Poor DD is going to have to go through a lot in this household but thankfully she now has her mother protecting her. And because YG knows  her better, hopefully he won’t be so quick to judge her in the future and will prove to be comforting shoulder for her to lean on. I really liked the part when he looked for her to comfort her and even gave her a bike ride to make her feel better. 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

12 hours ago, stroppyse said:

. I also wonder whether her sister, YG's friend, is coming back to this drama?

I am pairing her with the lawyer 

12 hours ago, stroppyse said:

As for Kang Eun Tak who plays Gun, I do like him in this drama. He's been doing primarily daily dramas for the past decade. I wonder if he's decided to switch it up by doing a weekend drama which tends to be higher profile dramas versus daily dramas.

It is a different role. He has a great sense of humour too. The role is different from his usual roles, he is brave to accept it.

Edited by Nohamahmoud2002
  • Like 3
4 hours ago, Nohamahmoud2002 said:

I am hoping that if she does return, that she’ll be a force for good rather than another obstacle for DD and YG. 

Who is the lawyer? 

I recently watched She would Never Know and I really liked her character there. I’m hoping she’ll be a good character in this one too. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Nohamahmoud2002 said:

That would be a cute couple, if they do that. And, they are also friends and know each other well. If she does return, having sorted out her feelings for YG, I think that would be a good match.

Se Chan is a total rock star in episode 14! I agree that he's pretty fantastic and creative in how he solves a seemingly intractable problem. Not wanting to out his grandmother in front of everyone, and yet now wanting to just let her get away with it unscathed. And, he's right, of course. If he had not "punished" his grandmother and confessed what he did to his father, everyone would have thought that she was right to be suspicious of DD. As it is, she's now having to play being demented in order not to be utterly humiliated. She doesn't realize that she's already utterly humiliated herself.

I think SR's inner dialogues show a lot about how she feels about SC and probably Jaeni as well. If she could, she would yell at him and hit him. I loved how SC point blank asked SR how she would know if he did it or not, and whether she knew who the real culprit is.

SR seems to have this weird fantasy where she, YG, and SJ are a little family, and SC and Jaeni are not in the scene at all. Hateful woman.

7 hours ago, Nohamahmoud2002 said:

It is a different role. He has a great sense of humour too. The role is different from his usual roles, he is brave to accept it.

Very true. He went from being the main lead in daily dramas to a secondary lead in this drama. I think that he is supposed to be the second lead, but until SR's arc with YG finishes, his own arc with SR probably won't start. Though now that DD's father has found his sister, his whole family including Gun will run into SR more.

Anyway, I'm happy for Gun not to start that love line for the time being. SR is too hateful and conniving to be anywhere good enough for Gun.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2