A Gentleman and A Young Lady [2022]

1 minute ago, Nohamahmoud2002 said:

Do you think that poor Se Ryeon will get married to the rich suitor? I still didn't catch up, but do you think Mr Park's sister will support her nephew DB?

Se Ryeon will definitely not marry her rich suitor. He is too much of a jerk! As much as Mr. Park's sister liked DB, I can totally see her promoting her new nephew, even if she finds out that he's not related by blood to Mr. Park after all. I think that this could help to make DB more acceptable as a suitor to SR, but both SR and DB both still need a lot of maturing to do. Plus, there is still all those hard feelings between the families and the social issues around any potential relationship of theirs to deal with. However, I would be really surprised if SR and DB aren't together before the end of the drama.

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

:laugh: the plan to pretend being senile backfired big time on Sara and YG’s mother. One lost YG’s trust and the other was chased out the house. As I was watching, I kinda guessed and hoped she would be sent to a facility for treatment, instead of DD being the one leaving the house. So I was cheering when that really was talked about and the crazy mother had no choice but to admit to the pretense in order to make DD leave. 

The OTP is progressing fast. DD being the one with more initiative to make things clear instead of double guessing what’s going on. 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

@Nohamahmoud2002 I think DD’s aunt will surely helped DB with SR because she thinks he is her nephew. She probably will only find out much later that he isn’t blood related. The family relationship/connection is going to be sooo complicated. We also have Gun’s niece being paired with Aunt’s son.

• Like 2
  • Party! 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

5 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

the plan to pretend being senile backfired big time on Sara and YG’s mother. One lost YG’s trust and the other was chased out the house. As I was watching, I kinda guessed and hoped she would be sent to a facility for treatment, instead of DD being the one leaving the house. So I was cheering when that really was talked about and the crazy mother had no choice but to admit to the pretense in order to make DD leave. 

Totally with you on this! I LOVED that the plan to act crazy in order to move DD out of the house so completely backfired on SR and the stepmother. Unfortunately, it hasn't stopped them. Here is a translation of the preview for ep 14.

YG: This is about my friend. Apparently, a woman who is much younger likes my friend.
Lawyer friend: Young Guk, fighting!
YG: I said it wasn’t me!
Stepmother: Teacher Park should have this.
DD: Why are you giving this to me?
Stepmother: It’s because I’m so sorry about things.
SaRa: I mean, even the grand lady of the house was in on it, so does it make any sense that we couldn’t get rid of one girl?!
SR Mom: There is no one who doesn’t have some flaw. There is definitely a way to chase that girl out of that house.
Jerk Guy: We’ve decided on the date for the wedding. It’s the second Saturday of next month.
SeRyun: That’s fine.
DB: Is she marrying that guy?
DB: Who you marry is none of my concern, however, I don’t think you should marry that guy!
SeRyun: Why are you concerning yourself?! What does it matter to you anyway?!
DD: If the Chairman should like me also, then by tomorrow night, tie a handkerchief around that tree.
YG: What should I do?
DD: I’ve returned. (me: this is a standard greeting on coming back into the house after a trip outside)
Stepmother: What are you?! Who are you?! Are you really Driver Park’s daughter?

It's going to come as another shock to SR and YG's stepmother to realize that YG already knew that DD was Driver Park's daughter. I hope that this becomes the end of the rope for YG as far as both SR and his stepmother, and he kicks them both out. Somehow, I doubt it'll come to that. Or perhaps the stepmother will have to move out for a little while and go live with Se Ryun? Can't wait to see their faces when they realize that Driver Park is actually the younger brother of that rich woman.

• Heart Eyes 2
  • Party! 1
1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

Can't wait to see their faces when they realize that Driver Park is actually the younger brother of that rich woman.

Do you have any clue how rich she is? I mean comparing with Anna Kim or YG. Her husband passed away, right? And is she rich because of her own family or because of husband’s family? 
I might’ve missed this information because earlier I was skipping her scenes because of Sara’s mom who keeps raising her thumbs when talking 😆 Earlier I skipped a lot of all the older ladies scenes... 

• Like 3

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Yes!! So glad that the dementia lie backfired. Serves them right for scheming and lying. I was so happy when Anna Kim suggested that instead of sending DD away, why don’t they send the mother to a nursing home. Brilliant idea! I can’t wait for Sara to be kicked out and for YG to see her true colours. 

I thought it was so cute that DD drunkenly confessed her feelings to YG. I think it “woke” something in him that he previously wasn’t aware of. Looks like this might be the beginning for them. I wonder though how the children will react if and when they find out. 

I can’t wait for Sara and the mom to realize that YG already knows about DD being Mr. Park’s daughter. 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

spacer.pngQueen of Tears, My Lovely Runner, Doctor Slump

4 minutes ago, Nohamahmoud2002 said:

I don't know why Park Hana agreed to act the role of a villain. Viewers will dislike her, she is risking her popularity lols.

I think it’s good that she is trying different kind of roles as an actress. I was surprised too l, but she is doing well when she whines about the lack of attention from YG for her. I think her role will not be totally villainous considering that she is the birth mother of Se Jung. More like a “lost” person who will be redeemed later. The drama does show some bits and pieces of her feeling a tinge of regret and guilt about what’s happening. 

• Like 3

MTDzeiV.gif

16 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Do you have any clue how rich she is? I mean comparing with Anna Kim or YG. Her husband passed away, right? And is she rich because of her own family or because of husband’s family? 

I don't think she's on the level of Anna Kim or YG in terms of money. YG is supposed to be a chaebol after all, However, she does own her own duplex apartment and her sister was able to afford graduate school. I think her family had money and her husband's family also had money, so she is wealthy but not at the chaebol level.

11 hours ago, Mouse said:

I thought it was so cute that DD drunkenly confessed her feelings to YG. I think it “woke” something in him that he previously wasn’t aware of. Looks like this might be the beginning for them. I wonder though how the children will react if and when they find out. 

It was cute how she confessed that he was her first love. I think that woke something up in him that he and DD had met so long ago when they were both very young. She had been memorable to him as a cute kid but she is clearly not a child any longer and confessing her feelings to him. He probably wouldn't have been as receptive if he didn't already have warm memories of her.

11 hours ago, Mouse said:

I can’t wait for Sara and the mom to realize that YG already knows about DD being Mr. Park’s daughter. 

Yes!

8 hours ago, Nohamahmoud2002 said:

I don't know why Park Hana agreed to act the role of a villain. Viewers will dislike her, she is risking her popularity lols.

It's not bad for an actress to play an antagonist if the role is a good one which demonstrates her acting talent. Lee Yu Ri is an actress who comes to mind for playing the villain role effectively in Jang Bori is Here and other roles to great acclaim and rejuvenating her career when it was stagnating.

Park Hana may just not have been getting enough good role offers, so accepted this one. Also, while Sa Ra is pretty despicable now, as Se Jong's mother, I'm still fully expecting her to be rehabilitated, even more so since she's Gun's love interest.

• Clapping Hands 2
  • Party! 1
4 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Park Hana may just not have been getting enough good role offers, so accepted this one. Also, while Sa Ra is pretty despicable now, as Se Jong's mother, I'm still fully expecting her to be rehabilitated, even more so since she's Gun's love interest.

yes! I think Sara, being Se Jong’s biological mother, has more layers to her character than we currently see. I think, too, that she will eventually turn out good. 

@Nohamahmoud2002 that clip you posted is exciting! It looks like things will be progressing more between DD and YG!! 

• Like 2
  • Party! 1

Translation of the preview for ep 15. Thanks @Nohamahmoud2002for posting the preview.

YG: Work with Teacher Park or quit!
SaRa: Are you going to say that you aren’t aware of how much I’ve helped you all this time?
Stepmother: What will happen if she acts like that?
SaRa: Should I really quit?
Stepmother: So what do you want me to do?! What power do I have?! Are you an idiot, Chief Jo?
Se Ryun: I’ll take this dress.
Se Ryun: Where did he go?
Jerkface: Something urgent came up at the hospital.
Se Ryun: Call me when you’re done with work.
YG: Do I really seem look an oppa to you? Then shouldn’t you be calling me “oppa”?
DD: Oppa!
Sa Ra: Why is it okay with Teacher Park, but not with me?
Sa Ra: Chairman, can’t you give me just one chance?
YG: I don’t want to talk about this any longer.
Gun: The person who called for a substitute driver?
Restaurant Lady: That person over there.
Anna: Teacher Park! Are you perhaps coming back in after meeting your boyfriend?

Oh, ep 15 is going to be good! DD and YG seem as if they're making progress in their flirtation. SR is going to be handed her walking papers. However, I think this is necessary so that SR can be rehabilitated. My only question is that from the character descriptions, I had thought SR was going to lie to YG about having been together before which YG wasn't going to remember? So, the drama with SR still trying to get YG and become SJ's mother may not be over after all?

Anyway, this drama is still entertaining to watch, and I like how quickly things resolve. I just hope that they have enough story to keep it interesting for another 36 episodes.

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

Watched episode 14, and it was pretty entertaining. So, YG and DD are dating now, albeit secretly. Heck, if even the winds are helping them, perhaps they can just believe in fate. I appreciate that YG has misgivings about their differences in age and marital status, meaning that DD is not only younger, but she's never been married before, while he is older, widowed, and with three children.

I wonder what Anna Kim is going to think of her young daughter dating a much older guy with kids, even if she's personally fond of him. I think that once she gets wind of it, she's going to be unhappy. Then again, with Soo Chul getting a hint that Anna may be DD's birth mother, Anna may have more issues of her own, including explaining herself eventually to DD.

I guess I should stop calling Dae Ran "the stepmother" when I can't remember her name since now we know for sure that DR was never able to actually marry YG's father. Rather, she lived with his father for 20 years and bore him their daughter Se Ryun. So, DR is not YG's mother, even in the legal sense. Wow, no wonder DR is basically given short shrift by the other society ladies. Especially without a living husband to lend her his name and power, she doesn't have any money or status other than what YG is willing to afford her. That is why DR is so desperate for Se Ryun to get married and claim her inheritance, so that she can live off her daughter instead of off YG since she can more easily ask her daughter for money.  Though, I wonder how much money those corporate shares will actually generate in terms of income for them both. Also, once Se Ryun's married, I would think her husband would weigh in on their finances, especially without any pre-nuptial agreements.

Though, I still don't think that SRyun will actually get married. I think Jerkface will get caught with his pants down before the wedding.

Also, Sa Ra is forcing YG to choose between herself and DD. Even if SRa is totally clueless about the things that are progressing between YG and DD, she seems lacking in understanding about YG as well as overstating her own importance to him. YG has repeatedly said to everyone around him that his children are the most important people to him. DD has managed to gain their trust and affection as their live-in tutor and caretaker. While it's true that YG has relied on SRa for a lot of things over the past 5 years, he's a competent adult who make do until he can find another personal assistant, versus the difficulty of finding a live-in tutor that his children like and admire. The preview to the next episode bears out that, SRa has left YG's employ, at least temporarily.

Now we wait a week to see what happens next.

• Clapping Hands 2
  • Party! 1

@stroppyse I think Sara had deceived herself into thinking she was far more important to YG than she actually is. The part where YH tells DR that his 3 children meant everything to him is a big reason as to why he has developed a soft spot for DD. It was DD’s true love and concern for his kids that endeared her to him. 

I think YG only tolerated DR out of respect but he’s clearly had enough. Didn’t DR have an affair with YG’s dad? I thought she did and that’s why she was looked down on. I agree with what you said in that she’s eager for SR to get married so that she can feel more secure living off of her rather than YG. 

I, too, am curious to find out how everyone is going to react once they find out about DD and YG. If the amnesia arc is coming, then I feel like it would happen before everyone else finds out bec otherwise Sara would not be able to fool YG. 

In the meantime I hope we get more of DD and YG flirting and dating. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Mouse said:

Didn’t DR have an affair with YG’s dad? I thought she did and that’s why she was looked down on.

DR was YG's father's mistress, and yes, that's why she was looked down on.

3 hours ago, Mouse said:

I, too, am curious to find out how everyone is going to react once they find out about DD and YG. If the amnesia arc is coming, then I feel like it would happen before everyone else finds out bec otherwise Sara would not be able to fool YG.

I'm kind of hoping that they decided not to go with the amnesia arc after all. But if it is going to happen, then I agree that it has to be before everyone knows about YG and DD.

3 hours ago, Mouse said:

In the meantime I hope we get more of DD and YG flirting and dating. 

To quote Se Chan, Oh yeah!

• Like 1
  • Party! 2

YG is so cute looking rather at loss and speechless when DD asked him if he likes her or not. Then later when he pretended to be drunk so as to avoid talking about it, but once again DD called him out on it. I love that the show make DD to be the one initiating the relationship instead of YG. The way they got together was rather quick, with DD declaring it's their first day. No nonsense and no time wasted :laugh: I believe that somehow made it easier for some people to accept them dating, and can avoid the criticism that YG is taking advantage of a young lady. The wind helping seal the relationship is quite funny. I too appreciate that YG has his share of hesitation before deciding to go with the flow of the wind (LOL). How many times he went back and forth about wanting to tie the handkerchief, then changing his mind, but was thinking about it the whole day, haha... 

It felt good to see YG calling Dae Ran ahjumoni. She really overstepped her boundaries, considering she is not even the legal madam of the house. That YG is making the children respect her as grandma is already something significant. They're not blood related, right? Instead of knowing her limit, I find that she is being pompous about her status.

Sara-ah, Sara..... Haven't you seen how much YG and the children love and adore DD? I actually laughed when she gave the ultimatum to YG to choose either her or DD to work for the family. She is quite delusional, I think. Agreeing with @stroppyse that it's much easier to find a new butler instead of a new tutor whom the kids love and can accept. 

14 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Also, once Se Ryun's married, I would think her husband would weigh in on their finances, especially without any pre-nuptial agreements.

Though, I still don't think that SRyun will actually get married. I think Jerkface will get caught with his pants down before the wedding.

Wasn't it agreed upon that Se Ryun will help with their finances as part of the marriage deal? I remember the guy talked about it with his mother as they walked up the stairs for their first meeting. I am sure DB will not allow the wedding to happen. If we do see a wedding, I think he will crash the wedding :smug:

The actress of DD is really good in crying, and cries beautifully, but I hope that we see less of her crying for everything. Eg. when Dae Ran threw the cushion at her and screamed at her for hiding the fact she is related to Driver Park. I'd rather see a sad and hurt and worried DD instead of a teary DD.

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

9 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I'm kind of hoping that they decided not to go with the amnesia arc after all.

Me too! I feel like the amnesia arc would just take away the progress between DD and YG and at this point it's already been established that YG feels nothing for Sara. I think the real challenge is making everyone around them accept their relationship, especially the children. I also appreciate that YG is hesitating given their differences.. makes it more realistic. Also, I feel like he needs to be able to get over these hesitations so that he can be prepared to defend their relationship. Everyone around them will also question the relationship so it's good for him to address these misgivings early on. 

5 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

The actress of DD is really good in crying, and cries beautifully, but I hope that we see less of her crying for everything. Eg. when Dae Ran threw the cushion at her and screamed at her for hiding the fact she is related to Driver Park. I'd rather see a sad and hurt and worried DD instead of a teary DD.

Yes! I was thinking the exact same thing. She can definitely act and cry beautifully. However, like you said, there are times when I feel that the crying is unnecessary.

46 minutes ago, Nohamahmoud2002 said:

Why does Mr Park's sister dislike DD?

I don't think she realizes that DD is the tutor that Sara's mom and DR are talking about. I am curious though how she's going to react once she finds out.

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Party! 1

You know for some reason, the man that DR is setting SR up with makes me uncomfortable. Of course we know he's a two-timing jerk but I feel like both him and his mom have ulterior motives. It just seems odd that they're rushing the wedding. Makes me wonder if they know about SR's shares.. or maybe they want to be connected to YG's family. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Wasn't it agreed upon that Se Ryun will help with their finances as part of the marriage deal? I remember the guy talked about it with his mother as they walked up the stairs for their first meeting. I am sure DB will not allow the wedding to happen. If we do see a wedding, I think he will crash the wedding

That's right. He's marrying SRyun for her money as well. So, definitely SRyun's mother won't get free reign over her money.

I hope DB doesn't crash the wedding. I would rather see SRyun rejecting jerkface on her own rather than being "rescued" by DB. SRyun needs to grow up and be her own woman before she should be in any relationships, even with DB who already loves her so much.

7 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Totally agree. DD crying all the time demonstrates is a bit tiring and seems to play up her youth? However, it seems out of character for someone who was so resilient before.

4 hours ago, Nohamahmoud2002 said:

Why does Mr Park's sister dislike DD? It seems she is friends with Sara's mom and Se Ryun's mom. 🙁🙁

She doesn't realize that the tutor that SRa and her mom dislikes is DD yet. That'll be interesting to see her reaction when she finally realizes it.

29 minutes ago, Mouse said:

You know for some reason, the man that DR is setting SR up with makes me uncomfortable. Of course we know he's a two-timing jerk but I feel like both him and his mom have ulterior motives. It just seems odd that they're rushing the wedding. Makes me wonder if they know about SR's shares.. or maybe they want to be connected to YG's family. 

I think they want SRa's money, and being connected to a chaebol family would be a coup for them.

Because kdramas talk about chaebols so much, I'm not sure sometimes that we appreciate that there aren't actually that many chaebol families, and marrying into one is a really big, newsworthy deal.

• Like 2