Show Off Your Stationery

Jane

18 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

you're just like me....sometimes i wrote for 1 - 2 pages then it will be left sitting for ages collecting dust lols

Same. Such a waste, lol. I knew it would happen too when I was gifted it xP

Maybe because my everyday is not eventful so there really isn't anything to record.

Hey @NiteWalker come watch Racket Boys with us!

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
16 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Same. Such a waste, lol. I knew it would happen too when I was gifted it xP

Maybe because my everyday is not eventful so there really isn't anything to record.

Same?? Haha... 

I also just use few pages and stop. And when want to start again, I feel irritated because the book already not new 😆

I tried with new bujo now. I will update if by next year I can finish updating it frequently.

• Haha 7

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

13 hours ago, JenL said:

Haha I've been collecting gel pens since I was a kid...most kids did and stopped....but I continued and still collect... so I am a weird adult who still owns too many gel pens

Nah, you are not weird. I am sure more are going to pop out of the woodwork with this thread!

@mademoiselle @NiteWalker I have so many journals that I started and are unfinished. Mostly travel journals because I start getting tired in the middle of the trip and rather go to sleep. Lol!

I bought a 5-year journal last year that is meant for scribbling 1 or 2 sentences per day and you can look back on your life. I don't do it every day of course. But with this being the second year, it's been quite interesting to look back on last year and being locked down. I wrote about joining the forums and finding new friends :wow:

3 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

I also just use few pages and stop. And when want to start again, I feel irritated because the book already not new

YESSSSS this feeling!

• Haha 3
  • Awesome 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

@NiteWalker Bwahahaha. I thought you were still watching Daebak. I'm also not yet updated with this week's episodes. Need to catch up tomorrow. Who knows you might enjoy Racket Boys. It's meant to be humourous... the writer's previous work "Prison Playbook" was black comedy which I really enjoy.

@SilverMoonTea Waaah, I was like "What's bujo" lol. Had to google search. Even bujo doesn't work for me.

@Jane Wait, you actually brought a journal with you on your trip? I'd leave that at home in exchange for less weight and more space, hahaha! I did start a small notebook for expenses in the beginning when phone apps were not that widely used yet but once there's electronic apps for journal and expense book-keeping, I moved to that.

I used to write diary but I never really go back to read them again. In the end, I had to dispose of them to make space.

5 years journal is too long. I like "new" booklet so I prefer 1 year journal :laugh::laugh:

• Haha 7

Question: Do you use a paper planner or an electronic planner? I use both and I'm a bit picky on the format of the paper planner I use. I like the ones with the appointment times because of how many meetings I have weekly. One time I got a planner as a gift and I had no idea what to do with it because the layout was not one I liked. :pandascared:

• Haha 6
26 minutes ago, Tofu said:

Question: Do you use a paper planner or an electronic planner? I use both and I'm a bit picky on the format of the paper planner I use. I like the ones with the appointment times because of how many meetings I have weekly. One time I got a planner as a gift and I had no idea what to do with it because the layout was not one I liked. :pandascared:

Hahahaha I totally know what you mean. The gift I got too was a bit weird coz it's from year 2020 to June 2021 only and 2020 already over when I got the gift. LOLLL.

I just use Naver Calendar on my phone to add events etc. It comes with some "stickers" so I liked that and doesn't look boring. I actually love SolCalendar app more but the app is outdated now and is no longer available in Playstore for download for those who hasn't installed it yet. It's also not functioning well with the new OS.

@SilverMoonTea I have no pencil colours. I was tempted to buy them for colouring books (what those ones that became trendy few years back???). Yeah for that but I talked myself out of it. I couldn't even do the colouring for long on my phone let alone a booklet.

• Haha 6
2 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

@SilverMoonTea I have no pencil colours. I was tempted to buy them for colouring books (what those ones that became trendy few years back???). Yeah for that but I talked myself out of it. I couldn't even do the colouring for long on my phone let alone a booklet.

Ahahaa I also got colouring book that I never finish doing. I'll show you some other day... You're right, don't bother to buy. 

@TofuMaybe need some effort to make your own format / layout on the notes gift? I prefer paper format. I'm traditional person ahahaha... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

12 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

@NiteWalker Bwahahaha. I thought you were still watching Daebak. I'm also not yet updated with this week's episodes. Need to catch up tomorrow. Who knows you might enjoy Racket Boys. It's meant to be humourous... the writer's previous work "Prison Playbook" was black comedy which I really enjoy.

no i stop about 2 weeks ago, cause i was caught up wit some personal matters and then after that i never really did pick it back up lols

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
13 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

@Jane Wait, you actually brought a journal with you on your trip? I'd leave that at home in exchange for less weight and more space, hahaha! I did start a small notebook for expenses in the beginning when phone apps were not that widely used yet but once there's electronic apps for journal and expense book-keeping, I moved to that.

I used to write diary but I never really go back to read them again. In the end, I had to dispose of them to make space.

5 years journal is too long. I like "new" booklet so I prefer 1 year journal

They aren't that big, next to my cameras. Hahaha! I like to keep my tickets or brochures in there as an attempting at scrapbooking on the go. 

I still write a diary, it's sporadic but somewhat consistent-ish in that there are several entries in 2020. Lol.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

@SilverMoonTea Cute stickers! 😍 The only stickers I've in hand lately are stick on name labels with school logo, LOL!

My stationary stock now consist of rims of A4, school issued notebooks, rubber erasers, liquid correctors, ink pens, ink cartridges, containers of pencils/pens, post its, highlighters, sharpeners, water colours, Maths instruments sets, rolls of self-adhesive plastic book covers... :laugh:

I used to keep journals and write daily, but I just stopped writing. Went through some phase, and it was one of what I used to do daily that I dropped.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

spacer.png

Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero

On 5/20/2021 at 9:20 PM, mademoiselle said:

I have refrained from buying stationaries now because I hogged them and don't use them at all, especially stickers. You know how when people die, they have treasures to be buried with them, I think the stickers I collected are one of the things that will be buried/burnt to ashes with me. :laugh:

Hahaha, I wish I could adopt this no stationery mindset, but this is like my great weakness along with snacks :mine: I guess I try not to browse stationery sites too often or I will have a big parcel coming to my house :smile: 

On 5/20/2021 at 9:28 PM, SilverMoonTea said:

@mademoiselleI'm starting to imagine myself buried with my stickers, pencil colour, and various cute notepad :laugh:

I will try my best to use most of them before buying again lols... 

I totally think about how I'm going to be buried with my pens and stickers and washi tapes all the time! I think it would be best not to be separated with them in the afterlife :laugh:

On 5/20/2021 at 9:20 PM, mademoiselle said:

@JenL O-M-G to your collection of pens! I mean, that is A LOT!

Do you use them? All of my old pen collection, the pens' ink died on me. Recently had to purchase new Pilot gel pens because the one I've stashed had gone bad. I stopped writing so much ever since technologies took over my private and work life. I tried to be as paperless as possible these days and even though everybody said I have a neat writing, I still don't find hand-writing can be as neat and clean as printed letters, you know? xD

Hahaha, I love how that looks like a lot...but I have more. A LOT LOT more :BulbaOWO::SquirtleNiceAhah::smile:

I have doubles of my favourite ones, so I often use my doubles. The ink drying up sucks and I try to prevent it from happening my storing them correctly. But I don't mind if they're rare old ones because there's not much you can do about them :idk: Some of the Japanese gel pens from the 90s were discontinued awhile back, so people would still buy or trade for them because they're rare I guess. I once saw a set going for auction on Ebay at like $400! :shocked: But I didn't follow the auction so don't know if it actually sold...but I like to comfort myself by thinking that some of these might be worth something so I don't feel like I've spent a lot...which I have  :cool::laugh:

Pilot pens are good - I really like the Pilot frixion sticks. They're probably not as pretty looking as a lot of other pens I own...but ink flow is good and it erases well for diary writing since I'm a perfectionist and hate white out.

On 5/20/2021 at 9:33 PM, mademoiselle said:

I can't bring myself to use the stickers. For one, you can't get them anymore anywhere. Some of them are antique now I reckon... they were from Taiwan and manga-related!

Wow they must have been very precious to you! I also have stickers from my childhood and refuse to use them ever...some of them are so pretty and intricate looking - probably like stuff you own! :heart:

On 5/21/2021 at 12:42 AM, Jane said:

I still write daily because I use a notebook for my schedule and my work notes! But I stopped buying a lot of pens when I discovered the Frixion pens and their refills a few years ago. I just started buying a few more because I decided I want colours again :eeeee:

Keeping paper notes and diaries are fun :wow: I'm not so use to digital stuff since I'll get distracted if on phone/ laptop/ ipad...so it's nice to just have paper lists and journals for focus! Oooh looks like Frixion pens are popular. I think Pilot pens have really good flow for writing compared to a lot of other brands.

• Like 5
  • Heart Eyes 1

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

9 hours ago, JenL said:

Oooh looks like Frixion pens are popular. I think Pilot pens have really good flow for writing compared to a lot of other brands.

I will check out Frixion pens in the near future when I need new blue pens. Pilot pens have been a long time trust-worthy personal preference for ink pens. I've recently bought Pilot black, blue and red gel pens to use. Unfortunately the blue gel pen didn't go well with the paper at work. The ink tends to seep through or spread. I don't like when ink does that.

9 hours ago, JenL said:

Wow they must have been very precious to you! I also have stickers from my childhood and refuse to use them ever...some of them are so pretty and intricate looking - probably like stuff you own! 

I took it out and have a look again. Some of them can be binned while others I still can't bring myself to use 'em. I have a fair few Tarepanda letter pads etc. Tarependa I don't think is no longer sold or easily found so I think it would probably worth something in the future LOL LOL.

9 hours ago, JenL said:

I once saw a set going for auction on Ebay at like $400! 

LOL. That's like me hoping one day my Harry Potter collection will earn me some extra pension :eeeee:

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 5
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
On 5/22/2021 at 9:45 AM, Tofu said:

Question: Do you use a paper planner or an electronic planner? I use both and I'm a bit picky on the format of the paper planner I use. I like the ones with the appointment times because of how many meetings I have weekly. One time I got a planner as a gift and I had no idea what to do with it because the layout was not one I liked.

I use a paper planner. It's a bullet journal and I incorporate all my to-dos and meeting notes together, plus I can control exactly how I want it to look like.

7 hours ago, JenL said:

My washi tape compartment is a bit messy

Jen! I have that same coloured dots tape! Wow, I can really tell the kind of tape design you gravitate to.

Ek23avSVkAAk8Oc?format=jpg&name=large

My humble washi tape collection (before I started hauling on Shopee).

Edited by Jane
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

This thread is so funny! When I saw the title, I just had to come in and take a look. You gals are like 12 yo 🤣🤣🤣

I love stationery too but never collected. Once in awhile, if I see something nice, I may buy it knowing I'd likely not use it as it's all tech for me now. But I gravitate towards the sleek/modern looking stuff - there's too much glitter, cartoons and flowers here lol. No wonder the emojis on the forum had so many panda/kitty/shiba etc etc - I was wondering how to use these 1 year ago lol.

On 5/18/2021 at 11:46 PM, SilverMoonTea said:

If you guys looking for nice ballpoint. I suggest Muji gel ink. This have a very sharp colour, not bleeding and very nice to use. The price also not expensive. In future, I plan to only purchase this.

Woohoo! Always wanted to buy something from Muji because they have such clean lines but didn't know what. These pens look good!

Many things I had to google from reading your posts.

Bujo was one of them. It brought me here. **whistle** will definitely check this out.

zBupHGQ.png

• Haha 7

Hmm, thanks for the suggestion of Muji pens. @SilverMoonTea Once the Pilots and Uniballs are almost over, I'll be buying some Mujis.

Those pens look so pretty to use for writing and lettering @JenL. 🤩 

I've had to hide several sets of coloring pencils and even the A4 rims because the kiddos would make short work of those items. Granted, they're drawing and painting way much better than I do now, hahaha! Lately though they're into digital drawing...LOL, one of them has followers of more than 300 for her digital art and design works.

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

spacer.png

Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero

1 hour ago, Chocolate said:

Many things I had to google from reading your posts.

Bujo was one of them. It brought me here. **whistle** will definitely check this out.

It's a great method! With it, I can combine schedule and my daily notes in one place. What I like most is how you can adapt it to suit your preferences but still retain the principle of it. I experimented quite a bit before arriving at a system that works for me.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

On 5/21/2021 at 5:41 PM, NiteWalker said:

you're just like me....sometimes i wrote for 1 - 2 pages then it will be left sitting for ages collecting dust lols

I have this issue too!! :lettalKWA: I always start...

But then don't have enough persistence to continue :heiboi: 

On 5/21/2021 at 6:18 PM, SilverMoonTea said:

I also just use few pages and stop. And when want to start again, I feel irritated because the book already not new 😆

Hahaha, This is EXACTLY my problem!!! I hate it because it happens with pretty notebooks the most...I'll be like "I should use this!" Then I write one page, forget about it....come back and find it and see that I've used a page...and then I'm stressed about whether I should rip that page out :psweatduck:

But at least I'm not alone in my problems?! :laugh:

On 5/21/2021 at 10:17 PM, Jane said:

Nah, you are not weird. I am sure more are going to pop out of the woodwork with this thread!

Hahaha, Thank you for making me feel less alone. I hope there are more weirdos like me :BulbaOWO:

@mademoiselle @NiteWalker I have so many journals that I started and are unfinished. Mostly travel journals because I start getting tired in the middle of the trip and rather go to sleep. Lol!

This is all so relatable! I try to have travel journals but end up not finishing them too. I tend to go hard when travelling (ie. we get back to the hotel at like 2am and so there's noooo time to write!) :idk:

I bought a 5-year journal last year that is meant for scribbling 1 or 2 sentences per day and you can look back on your life. I don't do it every day of course. But with this being the second year, it's been quite interesting to look back on last year and being locked down. I wrote about joining the forums and finding new friends :wow:

Yay! We made it into your journal! :CharmanderYay:

I also have one of those 5 year ones...but I think I only wrote on 2 days last year :laugh:

• Haha 5

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days